PDA

View Full Version : Makers of Tylanol must die!

Jessa
03-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Uses: blah blah blah, menstal cramps
b**sh**!!!
150% of recommened dosage and it stil isn't doing jack! If ony I could stangle whoever wrote that label right now.
Aleve worked so well. In 30min, pain was gone. But since its a close cousin of Viox and friends, I figured I should try switching away. Bad, bad idea.
:evil:

aspen
03-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Everybody reacts to painkillers in different ways. For example, ibuprofin does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! for me.

I use a combination of Tylenol and Alieve for my worst headaches; usually one dose of each taken together early on knocks the headache down for the entire day. Tylenol also works well in synergy with other painkillers, like asprin.

Alieve is often recommended daily for arthritis sufferers, and I think that's the group that's at risk for cardiac problems. If so, occasional use shouldn't be risky.

Aspen

Lady Sarah
03-14-2005, 08:23 AM
results cary for me between Advil, Tylenol and Aleve... one day Tylenol will end my headaches, the next day Advil will, and yet still the next day it takes a cocktail of prescription anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers. I've used Aleve for muscle aches more than headaches and it seems to work fine for that.

Absinthe d'Accalia
03-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I think alot of pain killers aren't effective if taken when the cramps have already started. The whole prostaglandin-thing and trying to stop their effects after the fact with pain meds isn't as effective as taking something before-hand before they get their cramp-causing little hooks into you.