PDA

View Full Version : another idea to spread the good works of the 57?

Ariyana Dragonwagon
01-09-2009, 01:37 PM
The Rogue and I were talking thew other night after seeing an ad asking for vlunteers for the local PBS stations auction. He said he recalled some of the MI rogues and wenches volunteering for something similar up in MI.
We were wondering if any of the local (and any of the not so local!) Cinci Wenches and Rogues might be interested in volunteering as a group (in garb of course!) to man phones or something for a bit of time for the auction.
I did check on the website www.connectcet.org and this years auction is scheduled for April 15-19.
I don't want to attempt to contact then until we had maybe a number that we could tell them would be willing to do this. (wouldn't it be cool if they had something scheduled one of those evenings that was rennie-ish lol)

We just thought this might be another way to get the word out that the wenches and rogues of this area do good things (and hey maybe The powers that be at ORF would eventually let us have hostels and presence there???)
Let me know what you guys think... Maybe I will also post this info on the yahoo group when I get a chance. I don't get there often of late.
Anyway just an idea.
{{hugs}}

Gellis Indigo
01-10-2009, 08:27 AM
This sounds like a fabulous idea! I'm in!

Margaret
01-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Sounds like a great idea!!

"Officially" Katie as Madame may need to set this up (or at least make contact) but I am going to see her today - so I will light a fire under her.

And yes - Wenches and Rogues have been manning (and womanning) the phones at PBS for quite some time as to help fill out the ranks. It's actually a MIRF cast thing, but we do get invited to participate as well. Hear tell it's a bunch of fun.

Katie O'Connell
01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a great idea!!

"Officially" Katie as Madame may need to set this up (or at least make contact) but I am going to see her today - so I will light a fire under her.

OH, thank Goodness! I thought it was a hot flash! :-D

And yes - Wenches and Rogues have been manning (and womanning) the phones at PBS for quite some time as to help fill out the ranks. It's actually a MIRF cast thing, but we do get invited to participate as well. Hear tell it's a bunch of fun.

Yes, the local has a really good relationship with MIRF Management up here, and are often invited to fill out the ranks along side the cast -- as well as the fact that a large member of Cast (and former cast) Members belong to the IWG.

And...as of last September...Maria Christian (the ED) was inducted to the Great Sisterhood as well. ::yay::

but I digress....

YES, this sounds like an awesome idea!

I will contact them this week to find out how/when help is needed, and get in touch with you, Ariyana to chat about it further.