PDA

View Full Version : Diane the Bard

Sandina
03-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi
I was just looking at Diane the Bard's website, and I was very sorry to see that she will not be at Tuxedo this summer. Do you think that it may help to say she will be missed this year and management or Doug and Chris will try to get her back next year?
We seem to be losing acts or not getting any new ones. As someone who has gone to Tuxedo for close to 20 years, it would be nice to see some new faces.

Sandina
IWG # 2867

Crossbones
03-24-2005, 11:57 PM
xxxxx

Crossbones
03-25-2005, 12:04 AM
As Musical Director for the Faire I promise you will see some new musical acts this season.

Sandina
03-25-2005, 07:25 AM
That is good to hear, but it would be nice if we had other new acts other than music.
Sandina
IWG2867

Janelle of Warren
03-27-2005, 04:54 PM
As Musical Director for the Faire I promise you will see some new musical acts this season.

I'm sure that you'll do a great job at it and am looking forward to the new muscial offerings :) ........but I will miss Diane, both her music and her companionship. :(

Crossbones
03-27-2005, 08:24 PM
We're hoping for some new acts this year. Unfortunately, money is tight for ALL faires across the country and more acts are being cut than being hired, here and everywhere else.

Local acts are always the most feasable so if you know of any or have any favorites, let us know.

FairieTink
03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
DED BOB

I really wish NY could get him, every other faire I see him at, he packs them in, even withthe new 'handler"

Sandina
03-27-2005, 10:58 PM
We did have DED BOB a few years ago You are right he does pack the people in, but from what I understand once you see one DED BOB show, you have seen them all.
I would LOVE to see Instant Shakespeare again!

Sandina
IWG 2867

Gabrielle.Riley
03-28-2005, 02:09 AM
YES! Instant Shakespeare would be great!

Sandina
03-28-2005, 06:57 AM
The Instant Shakespeare shows were always great! Does any one think we can ask Scott and John to bring it back? It would NOT be I. S. with out John! Even if it was for next year?
Sandina
IWG 2867
Ren Rat

Crossbones
03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
The IS gang gets paid ALOT of money to do corporate gigs now, and NYRF (or any other fair) cannot afford them.

The biggest problem with most of the acts is that they command a lot of money AND they want to pass the hat. Current management hates hat pass and would just assume do away with it all together. This is why Mud.. err Wet Dirt Show was brought in-house. Only the low base rate musicians are allowed hat pass, because Management can't afford to buy out the contract.

You will see many shows at NYRF (and other faires) become more dependent on their staff performers to create new shows. Luckily, NYRF has a great track record. Instant Shakespeare, The Crimson Pirates, Ask the Village Idiot, 3 Pints Shy, The Rogue Show, 3 Hunks and a Trunk, Hamlet for Two, the Silver Knights Joust Team - have all grown up in house and have lives outside of NYRF. These performers are multi-talented and do more for the faire than do their 3-4 stage shows and collect a larger than average paycheck.

You all are very loyal to the faires but not even you can spend enough to keep the faires solvent, let alone profitable. Look how many have gone out of business in the last 5 years (even the non REC ones).

What kinds of things do you want to see? Small Comedies? Long Shows? Stunt Shows? Bawdy Shows? Strange Musical Acts? Dancing? It's still early enough to get some new ideas into 2005...

Janelle of Warren
03-29-2005, 04:13 PM
quote="Janelle of Warren"][I'm sure that you'll do a great job at it and am looking forward to the new muscial offerings :) ........but I will miss Diane, both her music and her companionship. :([/quote]

I'm even more sorry to hear about Diane not coming back to Tux after hearing that it was not due to her choice. Given how far she lives from NY, I had assumed that she had decided not to travel so far anymore. It turns out that her not returning was due to budget cuts/redistribution. A sad thing, given how much she has been part of this faire and for how many years. :-(

Sandina
03-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Diane was the first muscial act I sat down to watch- years ago.
I will really miss her.
Sandina
Iwg #2867
Ren Rat

FunnyLove
03-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Say, are you guys doing The Rogue Show again this year? I had so much fun at that. Also, any idea if my favorite Village Idiots are returning?

Idiots #1 Minion,

Diana

03-30-2005, 12:44 PM
They had better be, after two seasons of hilarity, I would have to use my bodice Bones as a voodoo doll if they did not!!!!

Muffin

Crossbones
04-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Rogue Show will be back in a new incarnation. Same Rogues different bawdy show.

Your favorite village idiots will not be back, but their hand-picked successors will carry on for them.

Yeah budgets suck - so everyone make 100 new friends this year and get them all to buy season passes... :P

FunnyLove
04-04-2005, 08:49 AM
The guys warned me they might not be back next year but now I'm sad that it's confirmed. I'm gonna miss them. I had one fun season of being their biggest fan followed by last years wonderful season of being their minion. I'll have to fill the void by shopping.

Crossbones
04-04-2005, 11:31 PM
You can be MY minion now

FunnyLove
04-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Works for me. :D

Crossbones
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Woo Hoo I have a minion!

Gabrielle.Riley
04-08-2005, 12:22 AM
wait... crap, it's THAT easy to become your minion??

FunnyLove
04-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Yeah tell me about it. For the Idiots I showed up at every show, helped carry the bucket of death and sold t-shirts after ever show. Is being your minion labor intensive or laborless? :P

Crossbones
04-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Gabrielle would YOU like to be my minion too?

Crossbones
04-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Being my minion is about being there. I think of minions like a Posse.

...And sometimes there may be missions.

Yes, sending minions out on missions... :twisted:

Mistress Kath the Innkeep
04-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Bones, any chance we might see Merry Mischief at Tux?

Kath

Crossbones
04-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Certainly not this year. We already have enough of that sound. But I'll keep my eye on them.

Karpathos is a new band this year although you've probably seen these guys before with Mince Pye or at Cloisters. We needed some good ol' Hurdy Gurdy sounds.