PDA

View Full Version : Wench Tea

Larkspur
04-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Hello lasses!!

I cannot remember how long ago I saw a tea recipe that included Red Zinger and Mandarin Orange herbal teas. I cannot find the recipe now. If any have it, could you please post it?

I would like to work with it, the first time I tried, it was too sweet for me, and I like sugar. I am hoping to have it perfected by Excalibur Fantasy Faire next year.

Thank you in advance. Brightest Blessings,

Buxom Wench
04-09-2005, 07:07 PM
You may want to try going to the Celestial Seasonings site and see what recipes they have available.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/index_nofl.php

Hope this works for you.

Muireadach - PirateRogue
04-09-2005, 11:38 PM
That sounds like it could be the Recipie for the iced tea at the Peacock Tea Room at GARF. I have got the recipie around here somewhere, but it's also likely to be in the board somewhere. I'll see if I can find the recipe.

Mad Kestrel
04-10-2005, 09:22 AM
I cannot remember how long ago I saw a tea recipe that included Red Zinger and Mandarin Orange herbal teas. I cannot find the recipe now. If any have it, could you please post it?

I think you're after the ultra-super-secret GARF Peacock Tea Room tea recipe...fill your teapot with water, add two Celestial Seasonings Mandarin Orange teabags, two Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger teabags, and two black tea teabags (whatever kind of black tea you preferwill do). Bring just to a boil, then turn the heat off and let the pot steep for a couple of hours (the longer the steep, the darker the color).

I usually put 1/4 cup of sugar into a gallon jug, add the tea, then fill the remaining space with water. Shake it well, and chill. Voila!

Larkspur
04-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Thank you Mad Kestrel!! :bow: :cheer:

And thank you ladies again, I guess I will have to visit GARF just to meet the creator. I loved this tea the first time I even heard about it.

The Celestial Seasonings website has some awesome recipes BTW, if you want to take a gander. Looks like I need to buy more tea. hehe

Larkspur
04-10-2005, 02:25 PM
And Muireadach, sorry sirrah. But thanks, really!!

Saerlaith
04-29-2005, 09:43 PM
I totally misinterpreted this subject line (probably because I am thoroughly mellow with cider at the moment) and thought you meant a tea to, ah, make one more, well, wenchy. :lol: