PDA

View Full Version : Drake is Back

Apropos
04-22-2005, 10:55 PM
NEWS UPDATE FROM KATIE MAC'S NEWSLETTER

I'm happy to announce that Fire Me Up, the second in the Aisling Grey, Guardian series, has started shipping from online stores like Barnesandnoble.com and BAMM.com. I've also heard that it's been spotted in a couple of Books a Million stores, so I gather that it's about ready to hit shelves a few weeks prior to the official publicaton date of May 7th.

Official book blurbie thing: A trainee Guardian in desperate need of a mentor, Aisling Grey finds herself in Hungary for an international convention of Guardians, Oracles, Mages, Diviners, and Theurgists. Assisted by Jim, her demon in Newfoundland dog disguise, Aisling mentor shops in between trying to locate the elusive hermit to whom she was sent to deliver a very rare amulet that renders its bearer irresistable to the opposite sex. In between beating off persistent, lovestruck admirers drawn to her by the amulet, and dealing with Drake and the intricate world of dragon politics, Aisling has her hands more than full when all of her potential mentors start turning up dead.

Mistress Morigianna
04-26-2005, 05:32 AM
WHEEEE

Support a fellow wench and buy her books!
just read the knight book set at a renassiance faire/joust comp and was rolling!
so much wenchyness was includded!

Adriana Rose
04-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Cool!

(still to early to be overly enthused)

ambar
05-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Finished it in one night.....BTW, have I mentioned I 'm a bitch when I don't sleep? ::giggle::

After reading it, Drake is a jerk. I want to smack him with a cluex4. Parts of this had me litterally helpless in laughter.

All in all, yet another homerun for our own Katie Mac!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!

ambar
05-06-2005, 05:44 PM
DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG! DANG!

Went to Katie Mac's web site and she is only going to write one book a year with an approx total of 8 books in this series.

:rant: :tantrum: :augh: :tantrum: :rant: :augh: :augh: :augh:

I have to wait a year to see what happens next? :pweeease: :stunned: :grumpy: ::poutpoutpoutpoutpout::

MoonWench
05-06-2005, 07:37 PM
I went on May 3rd and hounded my local B&N to get it from the back room. Once I got it I could not put it down. Oh my god! I love it! Though I have to agree with ambar
about Drake, he is a jerk. If I could I would put my steel-toed boot up his arse!

Regardless of that fact I still loved this book. But, I must admit I am a Katie fan. I have read all of her novels including her teen series. Yes both of them! (BTW. If you like Girls Guide to Vampires I would suggest you check out Got Fangs?. It's her vampire novels but for teens. Moms and Dads, get them hooked early!)

Katerinka Kotenoka
05-08-2005, 01:25 AM
I love a good series, especially when there's some strange otherworld to it. I'm not big into modern day books (only a couple have caught my eye, and held it), but her vampire/crazy demon/dragons/etc/etc are wonderful.
I prefer the blue dragon, he's single... always attractive, except for when they want all the gold!

AshleyTheWench
05-10-2005, 02:23 AM
I love a good series, especially when there's some strange otherworld to it. I'm not big into modern day books (only a couple have caught my eye, and held it), but her vampire/crazy demon/dragons/etc/etc are wonderful.
I prefer the blue dragon, he's single... always attractive, except for when they want all the gold!

step up woman, cause Fiat the blue dragon ish mine ^_~

ambar
05-10-2005, 11:50 AM
You two can have him. I want Gabriel, the silver wyvern.

Katerinka Kotenoka
05-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I dunno about the silver, haven't read the lastest book yet... local Waldens rather sucks when it comes to variety. I think the most Katie Mac books I've seen at once was maybe 3 different books. :( With the SUV out of commission for the moment, and not wanting to drive my Dad's car too much (thing sits too low to the ground and makes me hurt just driving the stupid thing) it may be a bit before I get a copy.

Katerinka Kotenoka
05-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Silly, stupid double post.

ambar
05-10-2005, 02:33 PM
I snagged mine from amazon.com

Katerinka Kotenoka
05-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Hmm.. maybe I should try that. Course if I do, I'll have to exert willpower and not get more than one other item I've been drooling over. Question is.. do I have that will power? We shall see.

Ariel
05-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I devoured the book in less than a day and I have to say I still like Drake even though he might seem like a jerk to many. I expected him to do exactly what he did because he's an alpha male/dragon. :lol:

pngwnmama
05-11-2005, 08:04 PM
I just need to point out that not all Walden books are the same. I work at one, and we have 3 feet of Katie! Yeah, it's my fault! Have them order the book for you.

BTW, I agree Drake needs a swift kick!

Katerinka Kotenoka
05-11-2005, 10:53 PM
That's true that not all Waldens are low on the authors that you want. The one here annoys me though... meaning I usually take a longer trip and save up to buy books at the Borders/Barnes & Noble (I don't remember which it is)! I did order a copy at Amazon...along with 2 movies, at the last minute I changed it to 2, instead of the 4 I had down and can't afford! I showed a little willpower and will soon have my copy.

arianne
05-11-2005, 11:21 PM
mmm...I vote for Gabriel too! Yum :-)

KatieMac
05-13-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the book, even if it means you're growling at Drake. As I said on my message board--you have to remember that he may look human, but he's still a dragon. And both he and Aisling have some issues to work out.

Now for the cool news--FMU will be on the New York Times list next week. I actually screamed out loud when I heard. And it's #1 on the B&N romance list, and #15 on their overal mass market paperback list, as well as on the Walden's list, and USA Today list, so yeah, it's been a pretty damn good week. :)

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful support. Wenches rock!

Katie

Apropos
05-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Finally got my copy and read it ALL last night. Hello, my name is Apropos and I am a Drake addict. I have to go against the masses and side with the dragon on this one. He did keep to the oath as he said it and she didn't. I understand why she chose to go back to the hotel (besides a reason for another book) but she did give her word to Drake and the green dragons. He wins on technicalities and sexiness.

Will Tessa
05-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Okay......I picked up my very first Katie Mac book today. Not normally my style of reading, but I read through the first couple of pages, and good writing is just good writing. But not having read the first Aisling novel, am I going to be lost for this one?

ambar
05-16-2005, 01:11 AM
I will be tough to understand the character's backgrounds without reading the first in the series.

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
05-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Hmm.. maybe I should try that. Course if I do, I'll have to exert willpower and not get more than one other item I've been drooling over. Question is.. do I have that will power? We shall see.

The next alternative is to order from B&N, and get several books at a time. They have free shipping if you order $25 or more. Maybe you can find a friend in a similar situation to split the order with you. That's really only 2 books each. Find 4 friends to share the order and each get a book. It beats paying S&H to Amazon. That can be the equivalent of another book if you just order 1 book. I used to live in Montana and I'd save up my list of stuff to get and make a 300-400 mile round trip to get to the bookstore. I'd generally intend on going for 1 day, end up sitting 8 hours in the B&N overdosing on books and be unable to drive back te same day. It was 150 to the 1 store in Bozeman and 200 miles to the store in Missoula.

Tap ;~D

ambar
05-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Amazon has the same $25/shipping free deal.

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
05-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Amazon has the same $25/shipping free deal.

I didn't know that... All I remember is my Dad complaining about the cost of the shipping being more than the book he got.

AshleyTheWench
06-14-2005, 07:12 AM
just poping in to let ya all know that gabriel AND fiat is mine. Yes. Mine. ^_^