PDA

View Full Version : SERENITY!

Dragonfly
04-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Okay...it's a few days late, but y'all....the Serenity movie trailer has come out!

You can view it here:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/

Any other brown-coats around?? I know I can't be the only person utterly in love with this series....somebody back me up here! :D

Daelyn
04-29-2005, 03:07 AM
can we get a "Hell, yeah!" from over here!
Hell, yeah!

^_^ Got the boxed set for my birthday and had to watch it all... need to watch it all yet again...

aspen
04-29-2005, 05:56 AM
I've been watching the trailer 3 times a day since it came out ('scuse me, I think I'll go watch it again.... oh yeah!). Can't wait until late September!

Honey, did I leave my time machine in my other pants?

OK, I'm going to go watch it again and go Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Aspen

Dragonfly
04-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Me too! I think I've seen it maybe, oh, 5 times now! It's so awesome and I so love the charactres.

If i had time, I would watch first to last episode of my beloved DVDs every weekend. I luuuuuuv that show!

Larkspur
05-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I was a late comer to the series, blissfully a friend lent me the DVDs, and I fell instantly in love. Thanks for the link, I will send it off to my friend, to torment him a little more.

aspen
05-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Whelp, the announcement for the cities hosting the second round of Serenity previews is out...

Surely they won't pick Kansas City, right?

:shock:

THEY PICKED KANSAS CITY!!!!

AND I GOT A TICKET!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Aspen

Dragonfly
05-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Wow. I don't know you very well, but I sort of hate you right now. :P
:wink:

I'm gonna wait until they have all of the effects and scoring in order. I want it to look EXACTLY like Joss wanted it to look...because it will be beautiful and dark and funny. Anything prior to that is just going to seem a bit flat. :(
But do have fun...

ambar
05-09-2005, 05:22 PM
The whole cast ROCKS!! I really wish this series could have been given a better chance on TV.

aspen
05-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Wow. I don't know you very well, but I sort of hate you right now.

I can live with that!

I considered not buying a ticket, and waiting until fall-- FOR ABOUT THIRTY SECONDS!!

Actually, I've got friends in Boston who went to the first preview screening there. They had a blast. I wanna do the same. (When I heard about the first round of previews, I told one of them "I don't know if I hate you or want to be you." She suggested I should do both-- and let the self-hatred seduce me to the Dark Side.)

Aspen

Lady Laurel
05-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I cannot wait to see it :!: :!:

Dragonfly
05-09-2005, 06:52 PM
I was reading somewhere that they own the rights to Firefly and the characters for the next 3 years, but that if this movie proves lucrative that they will re-pitch it to the networks.
So, on one hand, blah to having to wait 3 years for it to be back on TV. But on the other hand, that's 3 years to make more movies and get more of a fan base! :D

renstyles
05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
We just got our DVD set back from loaning it to family and have started watching it again last night. Joss is a genius.

What I heard was that it's a possible three movie arc if this one does well.

As for the trailer it has everything a good trailer should, especially for those who have no idea who these people are. My only complaint is I wanted at least one Janism. My favorite of his is If wishes were horses, wed be eating steak.

aspen
05-09-2005, 11:38 PM
"Man wears a hat like that, people know he's not afraid of anything!"

Aspen

Leela
05-10-2005, 09:36 AM
^_^ Got the boxed set for my birthday and had to watch it all... need to watch it all yet again...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO there! At the movie, I mean. I never watch trailers for movies I REAALLLY want to see. And I REEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLY want to see this one.

Daelyn, does the boxed set have the clip of Jane singing his ballad? I nearly wet myself watching that! :lol:

Dragonfly
05-10-2005, 10:14 AM
You mean, does it have him out of char singing the ballad? Or in character? Because yes, it's in the boxed set where he's drunk and hwoling "The hero of canton, the man they call...MEEEEEEEE!" :lol:

They also have Joss singing the ballad on his own guitar. And a short bloopers reel.

Leela
05-10-2005, 07:07 PM
You mean, does it have him out of char singing the ballad? Or in character? Because yes, it's in the boxed set where he's drunk and hwoling "The hero of canton, the man they call...MEEEEEEEE!" :lol:

They also have Joss singing the ballad on his own guitar. And a short bloopers reel.

out of character, wearing his special hat, i think. just him & the camera.

Dragonfly
05-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Nope, that wasn't on the DVD. :( BUT...I'm pretty sure someonebody linked to it from fireflyfans.net. Just do a google search, kt should come up.

Google has been my friend lately.

Daelyn
05-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Daelyn, does the boxed set have the clip of Jane singing his ballad? I nearly wet myself watching that! :lol:

Sorry it took me so long to reply. :oops: I've been on a B5 binge whilst I sew, but finally got back to Firefly again. I poke around and found the thing with Jain in his hat, singing.
First you put in disc 4 of the box set, and go to the special features. Hit "more". Highlight the thing of Joss singing the Ballad of Serenity and push the 'left' arrow button. It will make the squiggly filigree symbol next the picture be highlighted. Hit 'enter', sit back, and enjoy the silly hat and singing. ^_^

aspen
05-30-2005, 09:36 PM
OK, report from the Serenity screening (no spoilers).

You will love it. You will hate it. You will do cheesy Darth-Vadar-shouting-NOOOOOOOO!!!!! impersonations. You will whoop and holler and applaud. Joss grabs hold of your heartstrings, uses them to rip out your guts, scrambles them around and shoves them all back again. And then you will pay $9.00 to go back and have him do it again. You will drag your friends, your family, and the homeless into this movie so they can experience the SHININESS!!!!!!!

It's pretty much non-stop action. That's only a problem in that the slow, tender, "You're a dummy" interpersonal scenes we all love so well just aren't there. There's no room for them.

Every character is pretty well spot-on. I would have appreciated a slice more Jayne-moments and a little more in the way of Kaylee-moments, but again, there wasn't room. Mal is a little grumpy, Wash is EXCELLENT and Gina Torres gave the performance of her life. Mal and Inara's first scene together is to die for.

The Whedonverse cogniscenti will notice a few Buffy homages (Joss does like his "helpless" little girls, doesn't he?).

In KC we didn't have any celebrity guests, like they did in other cities (Nathan Fillion was at the screening in Sacramento, for example), but the Universal representative (whom I suspect of being a local boy, and not already a Firefly fan) said he had never seen an audience respond to a movie like that. And being staid Midwesterners, we didn't do much in the way of dressing up (although I did wear a hawiian shirt, and we did have a rousing pre-screening chorus of "The Hero of Canton").

Can't wait until September to go see it again.

Aspen

Luminara
06-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Mal is a little grumpy, Wash is EXCELLENT and Gina Torres gave the performance of her life. Mal and Inara's first scene together is to die for.

Yup! I love Zoe more and more every time I watch the show, and the movie just made that love grow that much more. And Wash! Wash is my favorite character ever. "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar." is my new favorite line ever.

Joss is a genius. He's a sadistic genius, but he's a genius, no doubt about it.

Ariel
07-05-2005, 06:54 PM
How much longer do I have to wait for this???? I just finally got to see the trailer the other day, though I've been excited about the movie for months now.