PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for info!!!

LadyCecilia
04-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey all!
So I recently stumbled across your site, and even though I haven't yet joined, I intend to! I just have a few questions:
First, I've always been facinated with the idea of faires, but I've never actually been to one :oops: I don't really know anyone who goes, and I didn't want to go alone. is that ok? can I be a newbie to wenchdom and faires at the same time?
Secondly, I'm canadian, and I was wondering if a) there were any other canadian wenches out there and b) if anyone knew of any good faires where there would be wench activity? I'm from ontario but go to school in Halifax right now, so..........
Thats about all! this seems like a great group, and I'd love to join!

Foxglove2660
04-30-2005, 06:21 PM
it's perfectly okay to be a newbie to both. :wink: Welcome!!

KissMeKate
04-30-2005, 07:26 PM
I know there are a few Canadian wenches about, but as Canada is a big place, it wouldn't surprise me that they are spaced about some. Try an internet search for Faires in your area, then grab a friend and tell them you're going on a trip together. Each Faire, large and small, has great things to do and see, and hopefully you'll meet people that can show you around and introduce you to more people.

Katerinka Kotenoka
04-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Welcome to both worlds hon. Go with the above idea of checking out a faire web site. I'm not Canadian, so I can't help you out there. But as to going to faires, you don't have to worry. I've gone to quite a few alone, it's all a matter of how you look at it. If you go alone and meet people at the faire, you can still have a lot of fun!

KnightlyJay
05-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Howdy,
A good faire for you to visit might be Sterling Faire. It is just north of Oswego in NY and runs from the beginning of July till the middle of August. It is one of the best looking faires with a goodly variety of entertainment. The only caveat is the hill, the whole thing is on a hill. You spend the day making your way down the hill, to make your way back up at the end of the day. You don't really notice the hill on the way down as the paths wind back and forth nicely, but on the way up, your calves notice it!

Also, a little closer to the coast you have King Richard's which I believe starts in September and goes till the end of October or so.

Welcome and enjoy the insanity.

daBaroness
05-04-2005, 06:03 PM
There are quite in number in Ontario, actually:

Robin in the Hood Medieval Festival, Elmira, ON, Canada
The Renaissance Faire, Port Perry, ON, Canada
County Renaissance Faire, South Marysburgh, ON, Canada
Gregor's Crossing Medieval Faire, Chatham, Ontario, Canada
Dragon's Lair International Jousting Tournament, London, Ontario, Canada
Royal Medieval Faire, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Not to mention the faires in the states near Nova Scotia or Ontario:

New York, Massachusetts, Maine, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan

check out http://www.faires.com/location.php

Nevada
05-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Welcome and remember faire doesn't make you a Wench...you do!!