PDA

View Full Version : Good news finally

Sorcha Griannon
01-23-2009, 12:14 AM
After a lot of problems around here I got some good news... I'm MOVING!
::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::: :yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay:::: yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::
Ok, not really all that big of a move, less than 8 miles, but I'm moving from the small cramped 2 bedroom apartment with no yard to speak of, to a 3 bed (4 bed according to zillow.com, hmmm...I need to go again) 2.5 bath 2-story/1765 sf (again 1898 per zillow) house.
I got lucky. I stopped in my old work, and got to talking to the bosses wife. I mentioned that I would be looking for a house to rent soon, cause the neighborhood has gone to hell. She mentioned that she was planning on putting a house for rent in the paper in a week or two. So I got the address and stopped by to have a look. Well, some kids had gotten in and wrecked a few things, broke an upstairs window. But all in all, it looks sooooo nice. I think the main things I like are that my kids can actually go outside and play, and that as I drive down the street, I see kids outside playing, families outside, sidewalks (this is a big deal in the desert, lol) and it looks friendly. Bonus...both houses on each side are vacant with for sale signs, so it's quiet. Bonus #2, the man that the boss bought the house from was this sweet old guy that delivered medications for us, and I know that he kept the house up, and his granddaughter, who I know (she worked for the pharmacy for a time) lives 4 doors down.
The house is 20 years old and honestly, looks much newer inside. They are painting (inside and out), putting in a new garage door opener, new cabinets, new blinds on all the windows, and new tile was just put in. All for well under what I thought it would be per month, no deposit. Basically, it's like a new house, lol...ok, I am excited.
Wish me luck and cross your fingers that I can get packed and moved without totally stressing out!

Sorcha

Sandina
01-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Good luck to you! It sounds great!

MaidenFaeSnow
01-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Oh congratulations!! That IS such good news, I'm so happy for you!

Gellis Indigo
01-23-2009, 06:23 AM
I hope this works out for you and I'm sending postive thoughts.

But a word of caution. Be wary of the vacant houses on both sides of you. Even in the best of neighborhoods vacant houses, even if they are up for sale, can become hangouts for teens, ne'er-do-wells, etc.

But again, hooray for some good news and hope!! ::yay::

Lady Hefron
01-23-2009, 07:55 AM
WooHoo...I'm very happy for you. Having a yard rocks.

Bronya
01-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Good News Sorcha! And hopefully you will just have your immediate family so no more drama from your brother? Is it closer to Faire? THAT is the most important question!!!

SHpepperKat
01-23-2009, 01:41 PM
YAY for you all ! ! ! ! ! ! ! That is such great news...

Annabella St. Clair
01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Congrats, I hope all goes smooth.

Sorcha Griannon
01-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Good News Sorcha! And hopefully you will just have your immediate family so no more drama from your brother? Is it closer to Faire? THAT is the most important question!!!
Nope, not closer distance-wise, it's a few miles further. But time-wise, it's the same or quicker (it's just off the 15 and 395 in Victorville).

As for the vacant houses, trust me, I'll be watching out for that, and calling the local cops out if I see anything (and the person selling the property as well).

Ya know, my kids will actually be able to trick-or-treat now? That's another perk. And according to a demographic of the neighborhood I found, the population is 19% age 10 and under. So the kids will definitely have friends.

Sorcha

SHpepperKat
01-23-2009, 11:25 PM
That sounds like a wonderful neighborhood for you all. I hope the move goes smoothly.

celtic wench suzi
01-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Sounds like just the neighborhood you needed. Glad the kids can go outside now & play safely in the sunshine. So happy for you. thanks for sharing "happies".