PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Holdyn Twyst, stocksman of Newcastle!

Holdyn Twyst
05-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Oi! Dis be Holdyn Twyst: stocksman, jailer and hangman of da town of Newcastle (a town also known as GARF). After da pub sing dis past Sunday, oi was told by a Wench and a Rogue dat me song "Torture on Me Moind" (a song in a style inspired by da moans of me prisoners dat oi likes to call da "Black and Blues") was bein' talked about by dem what's in deir respective guilds. More, dat dere was people what was hoping for to see da lyrics of dat song what is de official stocks song of Newcastle and udder people what wants to 'ear it as a recordin'. Well, oi be more dan 'appy to share da lyrics wiv thee here and will do what oi can to get it recorded noice-like and make it available to dem what wants it.

Torture on Me Moind (to the tune of Ray Charles' Georgia On My Mind)
-----------------------

Torture
Torture
Da whole day through
Just me old, sweet stocks keep torture on thy moind

Torture
Torture
Da sounds from thee
Come a-crackin' clear as bullwhips 'cross a spine

Someone's hands reach for me keys
Someone's voice cries plaintively
When ye's on the rack ye'll be....
Stretched out to eight foot, two

Torture
Torture
No peace ye'll foind
When me old sweet stocks keep torture
When me old sweet stocks keep torture
When Holdyn Twyst's sweet stocks...
Keep torture on thy moind
Torture
Torture
Yea Verily
------------

And dat be it. Oi is known to perform it at Pub Sing from toim to toim and am always glad to take a request for it when oi is at de stocks. Oi is also glad for thy comments and thoughts.

Katerinka Kotenoka
05-03-2005, 01:19 AM
:whip: :pokepoke: Are you dead yet? No? Okay! :whip: :twisted:
So... you going to still be singing Memorial Day weekend? That's when I'll be down that aways, and it'll be my first time at GARF. :)

Holdyn Twyst
05-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Oi be always about da village of Newcastle on faire days and will ask Joni Minstrel and Tree-Quarter Ale about singin' at Pub Sing come Memorial Day.

Katerinka Kotenoka
05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Oh lovely... just look for the crazy blonde wench who looks too young to have to walk with a cane...that's most likely goinna to be me.

Lady Sarah
05-03-2005, 08:44 AM
comments... oy...

well, it's twisted... but creative. ~L~

Well done sir.

Nevada
05-03-2005, 09:04 AM
unique greeting..welcome!

Wolves Lady
05-03-2005, 11:53 AM
ROFL :lol: Unique - as Lady Sarah said - "twisted" but oddly entertaining....

Welcome!

AnnaFaerie
05-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Welcome! I love the song....tickled me to death. :roll: *snort*

Absinthe d'Accalia
05-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Welcome! :wink:

Psyche
05-09-2005, 01:18 AM
'ello gorgeous! *huge hugs and schmooches* Welcome to the Wench board!

As I have said before, thank ye so much for posting the lyrics. I do so love them. And this prevents me from having to make up me own words... :wink:

Also, thank you so much with your help in the Wenchings this weekend. We greatly aooreciated it.

Miracle Wench
05-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Welcome :D