PDA

View Full Version : Along the lines of the TopHeavy.com thing...

Eric McTavish
05-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Anyone worried about these??? :shock:

see the story here (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&e=3&u=/ap/20050518/ap_on_fe_st/subway_upskirt_camera)

Upskirt Subway Camera Causes Bomb Scare
Wed May 18, 7:46 PM ET

NEW YORK - A small digital camera apparently planted by an unidentified voyeur to shoot up passing skirts caused a brief bomb scare near a Manhattan subway station, police said Wednesday.

A pedestrian called police on Tuesday afternoon to report seeing a box with wires sticking out of it under a subway grate in a sidewalk on the Upper East Side. The block was closed off while the police bomb squad investigated.

The scare ended when officers discovered that the device was a digital camera.

Police said on Wednesday they believe someone positioned the camera to record so-called upskirt images of women and girls in dresses and skirts as they strolled over the grate.

Investigators found no evidence that the hidden camera had taken or transmitted any of the photos, which are featured on various Web sites.

As of late Wednesday, there were no arrests.

Video voyeurism, secretly capturing images of another person for sexual purposes, became a felony in New York in 2003. The statute, Stephanie's Law, was named for a Long Island woman whose landlord spied on her for months by hiding a tiny video camera in a smoke detector above her bed.

Under the law, most video voyeurism can result in sentences ranging from one year to seven years in prison. The longest sentences apply to cases in which images are sold or traded.

Nevada
05-19-2005, 09:36 AM
what's scary is that in some states it's not illegal or is a misdemeanor...sick and sad

KissMeKate
05-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Richard asked me a couple weeks ago why I don't wear skirts more often ... this could be a good reason to wear pants.

Brigid
05-19-2005, 10:52 AM
i knew there was a good reason i don't wear skirts in the city, other than the wind.

rosefaeries
05-19-2005, 11:19 AM
And I was asked the other day why I wore bloomers under my mundane clothing. lol... Gee could it be because of things like this. And don't forget the cameras stuck in those rolling pieces opf luggage.

Eric McTavish
05-19-2005, 11:21 AM
And I was asked the other day why I wore bloomers under my mundane clothing.

Hmmm a website called Bloomers.com...Naughty Wenches and their frilly underthings...hmmm :thinking: just might work...

Wolves Lady
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
And I was asked the other day why I wore bloomers under my mundane clothing.

Hmmm a website called Bloomers.com...Naughty Wenches and their frilly underthings...hmmm :thinking: just might work...

Where's the "thwap" smiley wen you need it?

:THWAP: Eric

KissMeKate
05-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Scary thing is ... ... ... that site would be in better taste than many others that have been previously discussed.

Not that it should be done!

Eric McTavish
05-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Not that it should be done!

Awwww there goes my early retirement :?

Buxom Wench
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
*playing devil's advocate here :twisted: *

if the person who planted the camera wanted "up skirt" shots, the subway in NYC is NOT the place to do it. I mean really, have you ever been in the tunnels when the trains are coming thru? No one stands still long enough; and over a grate??? Come on, speaking from experience, I wouldn't stand over a grate for the main reason, heels get caught -HELLO, do you honestly think that someone wearing $100 shoes is going to take the chance of getting a heel caught and ruining the shoe??? Not in this lifetime.

Besides, to get the "up skirt" shots, the female would have to have a pretty wide stride, if you take my meaning.

Kae
05-20-2005, 05:51 PM
They didn't say teh guy was intelligent just was doing it.

Kae

Ysobelle
05-20-2005, 06:12 PM
In fact, I'd say the whole scheme is pretty good evidence that he's not too bright.

RichardMacHugely
05-20-2005, 11:46 PM
that site would be in better taste than many others

But we don't want wenches with good taste. We want wenches that . . .ah skip it.

Ysobelle
05-21-2005, 03:51 AM
Well, bring us apple juice at faire, and....

Adore the new .sig, btw.

Myfanawy
05-21-2005, 03:36 PM
What an idiot....

Bet he'd think twice if more men in kilts walked over his camera (not that I'd mind....just not how I'd go about doing a kilt check!!)
--M