PDA

View Full Version : Workers needed? Paid or volunteer, even.

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
05-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm thinking that I'd like to check out the Faire and have been told by someone on a Yahoo Group that working the Faire is a great way to learn the ropes. She even said volunteering is good.

Is there anyone who knows of vendors who might be looking for cheap or even a bit of free labor for a weekend or 2? I've got oodles of experience in retail sales. I'd have to get the garb, but I wanna do that anyway.

I can give references for my current retail employer.

Tap ;~D

Drea Beth
05-25-2005, 01:58 PM
It might help to know where you are and what faire's you attend. It would really stink to be offered a job in Florida if you live in Utah! :star:

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
05-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Ooops... I knew I was forgetting something. Besides *I* know where I am... :lol:

I'm in Albany and would like to work the NYRF in Tuxedo. I think that is the closest to me. I work part time in a store at the mall and if I want to have a weekend off I have to schedule it. I've also got to figure out lodgings. I'd love to be able to just pitch a tent for the weekend if I was working. I'm a retired govt employee and that money doesn't go very far. So I need to count my pennies when it comes to the gas, food, spending etc. I thought working (even for free) would still allow me to have some fun and learn new things. Like kilt checks. :censored: :oops:

Tap ;~D

catfeet
05-26-2005, 01:40 PM
You can try Vermont too... We're currently looking for volunteers and employees for our upcoming run, which starts in 1 month.

Our volunteer manager is avalible at [email protected]

I will be hiring in a couple of weeks for employees to work faire.

HTH,

Ann Weinstein
General Manager and Co-Producer
Vermont Renaissance Festival
www.VermontFestival.com

Cassandra from VTRF
05-27-2005, 05:10 PM
*cough cough*

I started out as a volunteer at VTRF, and now.. well. Its part of my family. I love it. My 3 1/2 year old even goes in garb and helps out.

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:
Come to our faire.

*giggle*

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
05-28-2005, 12:21 AM
*cough cough*

I started out as a volunteer at VTRF, and now.. well. Its part of my family. I love it. My 3 1/2 year old even goes in garb and helps out.

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:
Come to our faire.

*giggle*

I can see how it would happen. I've been talking with my sister to see if I can finagle a better ride there. She's asking what kinds of things are there to see, she doesn't know if she would be interested... so I'm gonna drag her over here to show her the web page. Granted gas prices are high, but they are *knock on wood* coming down a bit. And the VTRF is only a wee bit over 80 miles away. We hop on Rt 7 and head east, piece of cake, were there in 2 hours.

I hear I need to have some adjustments made to my valiant mountain steed so that it can manage these lowlands. Seems that having lived its 14 years at 6,000 ft elevation it is not liking being a flatlander.

Is there a place there that workers can set up tents to stay over? I'm already working on getting weekends off from the store I work in at the mall. Can you imagine this very proper place with a very strict dress code (black, white/off white, tan, navy, gray, or brown--NO patterns or stripes--nothing low cut, must have sleeves) having me show up on my day off in garb?

Tap ;~D

catfeet
05-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Yep, there is. You just need to tell us you are going to stay, and we put you on the camping list. We also feed our participants...

Hoping to entice a few more folks,

Ann