PDA

View Full Version : Kilt Wearing

lordwriothsley
01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Okay so there has been this part of me (small part of me) that for the last several years has been leary of wearing a kilt. Why because I feel like it would turn the ladies off and that they just didn't go for a man in a kilt. Well soon (very soon) I will start having to wear one and I was just wandering what you ladies thoughts were about a man in a kilt. Thanks.

Buxom Wench
01-30-2009, 02:22 PM
:kiltdanc::kiltdanc::kiltdanc: Kilts?! Hells yeah! :kiltdanc::kiltdanc::kiltdanc:

Ysobelle
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Okay so there has been this part of me (small part of me) that for the last several years has been leary of wearing a kilt. Why because I feel like it would turn the ladies off and that they just didn't go for a man in a kilt. Well soon (very soon) I will start having to wear one and I was just wandering what you ladies thoughts were about a man in a kilt. Thanks.

You've been on this board for how long, and you don't know how Wenches feel about men in kilts? You're kidding, right?

KissMeKate
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
You've been on this board for how long, and you don't know how Wenches feel about men in kilts? You're kidding, right?
Ya beat me to it!!!

Men in kilts are facinating to at least nearly all women (I haven't done a poll so I can't say all, but I'm sure it's close). One of our dear friends even wore one to our wedding (although he wears a kilt everyday, it was a new black one to match the other groomsmen).

So what are you doing where you HAVE to wear one?

lordwriothsley
01-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Well seeing as how I don't post on here that often and the fact that I'm not a Wench I would say no I'm not. Plus everything I said was true. I sure hope that my first post did not cause a riot cause that is the last thing that I want to happen. I just thought I would ask y'all because I am trying to get different opinions on that subject since I will be starting to wear one soon that's all.

lordwriothsley
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Ya beat me to it!!!

Men in kilts are facinating to at least nearly all women (I haven't done a poll so I can't say all, but I'm sure it's close). One of our dear friends even wore one to our wedding (although he wears a kilt everyday, it was a new black one to match the other groomsmen).

So what are you doing where you HAVE to wear one?
Well there are a couple different things. One I am about to become a new rogue (once my stuff gets here) and two because of this fun rennaisance group that I joined that wears them as part of their garb.

SpeedKnight
01-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Women, especially wenches, love men in kilts. I wear kilts when ever and where ever I get the chance. I personally own one kilt for every day of the week. I want more.

Little story... while I was in Hawaii on the sub, I had not a whole lot to do, so I would occassionally saunter over to one of th ebars on base and just chill. One of the guys I was going with one night decided to make some snarky remarks about my Black Watch kilt, in a vain attempt to belittle my manhood. I merely looked at him and made the wager, "One pint of Guinness says I have at least one woman start talking to me within the 1st 15 minutes after we get to the bar, and I won't have to start the conversation." He responded with the requisite, "You're on!" Off to the bar we went. Not even ONE MINUTE after walking through the door, NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE women walked up to me and started talking. The guy that went with me now owns his own Black Watch kilt from StillwaterKilts.com.

So, um... to coin a phrase: Chicks dig men in kilts. :toocool:

Tink
01-30-2009, 03:16 PM
I echo the other gals here.....the answer should be obvious!

Anyway, I love a man in a kilt because the typical kilt-wearer exudes confidence without needing to utter a word. He is comfortable with himself. A truly confident kilt wearer is one who doesn't just wear it at faires and similar venues where it's not unusual, but wears his kilt out in everyday life...to a bar, restaurant, home depot, etc where the average person who sees him might think "Hey that guy's wearing a skirt"....uncultured neanderthals that they are. It's a man who can wear his kilt amongst a sea of men in pants that wins me over hands down.

Oh and a sexy, strong pair of legs under that kilt doesn't hurt either. :wink:

Lady Sarah
01-30-2009, 03:49 PM

Yeah... Big Red Truck there Wroth. :roll:

Short Answer? We like 'em.

SpeedKnight
01-30-2009, 04:09 PM
{snip}A truly confident kilt wearer is one who doesn't just wear it at faires and similar venues where it's not unusual, but wears his kilt out in everyday life... {snip}

Oh and a sexy, strong pair of legs under that kilt doesn't hurt either. :wink:

*cough* ahem *cough*

http://wench.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2989&stc=1&d=1233349673

Do I qualify for either situation? I took that shot just before going out to shoot pool. :toocool:

Kathryn Blakeley
01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
:-D Agreed! Love a man in kilt :yum:

Branwen
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
My younger Cousin wouldn't think about wearing a kilt when I started to take him to Faire. He thought that wearing a "skirt" was just for the girls. After a few visits I persuaded him to wear his first kilt to Faire. He was about 9 then. His first visit to TRF when he wore the kilt, he had about 3 women kiss him on the cheek & take pictures with him before entering the gate. He is now fully convinced that wearing a kilt is the coolest. He's 19 and wants to be able to wear his kilt to H.S., however the dress code doesn't allow it & he only has a few more months before he graduates.

Love a man in a kilt.

As a famous bumper sticker says: "Real Men Wear Kilts (http://www.thebards.net/cds.shtml)"

WenchLadyKate
01-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Mmmm... men in kilts... Excuse me, I seem to be drooling.

Lady Sarah
01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
*cough* ahem *cough*

Do I qualify for either situation? I took that shot just before going out to shoot pool. :toocool:

HOLY SHIT!!!!

You smiled! ::yay::

daBaroness
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM

And you call yourself a rogue?!

Great googly moogly man - we even have an emoticon wearing a kilt here.

OK - so you're really zoomin' us, right? You just wanted a little ego-stroking and unbridled wenchly encouragement, didn't you?! No shame in that game - but really, you had to ask?!

Lady Hefron
01-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Mmmmm Kilts.

Torra
01-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Nothing I'm happier to see than a man in a kilt...at least nothing that should be posted on this board!

celtic wench suzi
01-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Tink put it very well. A kilted man does exude confidence, masculinity & sensuality. I'm proud to say that the confidence even goes for my 10 year old grandson who has been wearing his kilt proudly to every fair since he was born & is as fast as his Dad to correct anyone who might call it a "skirt". He won't wear it on Halloween though as it is not a "costume". SIL wears his to every function he can including the annual Marine ball. Other than these two, seing a kilted guy makes my heart flutter. Yes SpeedKnight, you get points for handsome legs & for owning more than one kilt.

SpeedKnight
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!!

You smiled! ::yay::

I did? Damn. Busted. The shame. lol

Yes SpeedKnight, you get points for handsome legs & for owning more than one kilt.

Thank you. Are there bonus points for making my own? How about hand sewn?

http://wench.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2990&stc=1&d=1233370915

Lady Sarah
01-30-2009, 10:52 PM
I did? Damn. Busted. The shame. lol

Thank you. Are there bonus points for making my own? How about hand sewn?

Bonus point for hand sewing - check.
Bonus point for it being green - check.
Bonus point for smiling (FINALLY!!) - check.
Bonus point for pwning the damned kilt - check.
Bonus point for Teh Baldness - check.

Get thee to Texas, dearheart. There's a bunch of kilt-lovin' wimmens down here that would love to show you their appreciations.

Besides, I think I owe you a beer or two. :wink:

SpeedKnight
01-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Bonus point for hand sewing - check.
Bonus point for it being green - check.

Well, the hand sewn one is not green. The green one in the ealier pic (with the Guinness shirt) is the Irish National tartan. Bought that at StillwaterKilts.com. Hafta get another one... that one is outgrowing me (which is what happens when one trains for triathlons).

I'll try to do it again, someday, I promise.

Bonus point for pwning the damned kilt - check.

Umm... I think my kilt count is up to 8. Maybe 9.

Bonus point for Teh Baldness - check.

If I had a nickle for every time someone other than my beloved wife told me that my bald head is sexy, I'd only have about 25 cents. Thank you. Truth be told, though, I do it not to get complimented, but for "medical" reasons.

Get thee to Texas, dearheart. There's a bunch of kilt-lovin' wimmens down here that would love to show you their appreciations.

Y'know... I sooooo wanna go to TRF. Sadly it happens in late October/early November. My trip to AZRF has given me a really sour taste for FLYING to catch one day at a faire. During the time frame of TRF, the kids don't get any time off from school to allow for a road trip. Even flying is pushing it during that time frame.

Besides, I think I owe you a beer or two. :wink:

Guinness, cider, or mead (not Chaucer's... didn't like it much)... you decide. :-)

Lady Sarah
01-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Y'know... I sooooo wanna go to TRF. Sadly it happens in late October/early November. My trip to AZRF has given me a really sour taste for FLYING to catch one day at a faire. During the time frame of TRF, the kids don't get any time off from school to allow for a road trip. Even flying is pushing it during that time frame.

Guinness, cider, or mead (not Chaucer's... didn't like it much)... you decide. :-)

Texas is not just TRF. There is also Scarby, which runs first of April through Memorial Day. Probably not a good weekend trip for the family, but better odds than a fall weekend.

GoodyTombShoes
01-31-2009, 08:38 AM
My 12yo became the kilted son this past season of his own choosing. He knows what brings a smile to the girls.

celtic wench suzi
01-31-2009, 09:06 AM
How about hand sewn?

Even a handsewn button gets points with me. I HATE hand sewing myself. Maybe that is why my Mom caught me standing at her machine going full tilt on the footfeed when I was only 4. Still do, good thing it isn't a car.

LissaRoisin
01-31-2009, 10:26 AM
As soon as I saw the post in my Google Reader, I KNEW there would be a slew of wenches setting him straight. My brother now owns 2 kilts. One of which he is saving to be worn for my wedding in October. Kilts are good man. Never think otherwise

renren
01-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Mmmm... men in kilts... Excuse me, I seem to be drooling.
What she said!

Margaret
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
/kisses SK on the cheek...

Sit down there Showoff. :-D
(nice legs, BTW!)

Wriothsley, the best bit of advise I can give you about wearing a kilt (other than DO IT!!) is: When you go out in your kilt, just wear it and don't be self concious about doing it. As many of the women have said here - it's nice to see the legs, but the SWAGGER and the CONFIDENCE of a man rockin' a kilt is one of the sexiest things going.

So wear that kilt man!!

SilverMirth
01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Lady Sarah

I'll try to do it again, someday, I promise.

I can promise that in two weeks there will be a huge, HUGE one on your face. and it'll take an industrial strength sander to get the sucker off there.::waggle::

:kiltdanc: And to answer the question --- yes love the kilted men. In fact alot of the pics I take at fair often have at least 1 kilted man (other than SK) in them.

Annabella St. Clair
01-31-2009, 06:44 PM
My fella wore a kilt to his very first time dressed at MIRF. He had attended a smaller faire in pants and that was the last of pants except if it's cold. It has to be really cold!

He says a kilt is like wearing shorts. He does have confidence about him, likes the attention, and it makes for a better romantic life for us. Even after a 10 hour day putting hats on people, him in a kilt still makes me flutter.

Annie

Nevada
02-01-2009, 10:32 AM
My Rogue will be kilted this year...I pointed out to him he has the legs for it and I had some custom boots made for him so kilts show them off better. I think that swung it for him. I LOVE a man in a kilt. There is something hypnotic about watching a kilted man walk in front of you....with the lovely side to side swish of the tartan.....My trip to Scotland was awesome as I was there over Hogmanay many years ago and many of the men were wearing them for holiday events....woohooo!!

Nevada
02-01-2009, 10:38 AM
hahahah, check out the video http://www.utilikilts.com/ each time you enter the site a different commercial is there wwwwwhhhhheeeee

Isabelle Warwicke
02-02-2009, 12:07 AM
hahahah, check out the video http://www.utilikilts.com/ each time you enter the site a different commercial is there wwwwwhhhhheeeee

*dies*

GoodyTombShoes
02-02-2009, 06:24 AM
on the utilkilts site there are links to the years entries to their real mock u mercials. There are 3 I recommend highly...CALL ME!, Kilt faerie, heed the call. but the best...the best is "if it's not utilikilts". ahhhhh so sooooooft!

Saucy Sue
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
one word...YUMMY!!!!

The first thing my Rogue wants me to make for him when he gets his weight off is a kilt.

vIXEN
02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I love to see a man in a kilt! It just does something to me:-D

littlekitty381
02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
A Man in a Kilt is a good thing..WOO KILTS...

Luciana
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Lord W ... as I told you before ... you wear that kilt and see what it happens.

lordwriothsley
02-06-2009, 01:51 PM
So you Wenches think I can do it huh. Y'all think that I could pull off the kilted look? Well all I can say is you all will just have to wait and see. ;-) :-D