PDA

View Full Version : Llamas, Alpacas and Wolves, Oh My!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

rosefaeries
07-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Aramis wrote:
This is a trick question, isn't it?

biting lip. I don't know. Aren't all questions a bit tricky? :twisted:

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
07-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Oh most certainly... I *like* designing "props" of the more *interesting* variety... (nudge, nudge, wink, wink!) Just let me know what you'd like and I will get right on it!

Taranach

Errrrrmmmmmmm....... why is my fur starting to itch? I think I'll go hide in the corner..........

Now don't you worry, I use beaver fur and recycled from old coats at that. Might as well put them to good use... they used to keep a woman warm in one way... now they keep women "warm" in another... :twisted: :lol:

Taranach

Myfanawy
07-02-2005, 02:14 AM
Beaver fur makes the best felt for a fedora (sorry, Indiana Jones tendencies coming to the surface again...) From what I hear, though, you don't want to get a beaver fur fed wet, or you're going to discover the joys of the beaver's cloaca... :yuck:
--M

biker
07-02-2005, 02:35 AM
depends my tastes run to wenchs moving their fingers fast on me not himbos.

:roll: Are you sure you haven't become just a wee bit more than half evil?

Positve. only half evil.And Ambar if you say anything to the contrary. well Ill have you spayed..

rosefaeries
07-02-2005, 02:48 AM
Biker Wrote:
Positve. only half evil.And Ambar if you say anything to the contrary. well Ill have you spayed..

Might want to check again. I think you went up a few percentage points.

Psst Ambar.....I'll hide you

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
07-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Taranach swoops in with several trays loaded to the hilt with all manner of breakfasty goodness, pancakes, waffles, scones, eggs, bacon, sausages, cinnamon buns, pots of coffee, and carafes of various juices

Go-o-o-od Morning Everyone!!! Cleaning out the pantry as we pack it away for the move...

thus having the side effect of having less to pack... :lol:

Taranach

...pack the boxes, pack the boxes...

biker
07-02-2005, 03:17 AM
Biker Wrote:

NOpe didnt go up. see if I was more then 1/2 evil I'd just have lured her in and had her spayed.

Dedeley
07-02-2005, 08:04 AM
OK, I finally watched Peter Pan. That man is . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hey, where's the dictionary portion of The Katie Sutra? I can't find the words to describe it properly. :oops:

Fiona, my dear, love the avatar!

Margaret
07-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Ah, two of my favorite things to come to my sleepy little brain first thing in the morn. First off:

HI DEE DEE!!! :D Nice to see you again Lady!

And then Hook. As for definitions for Hook. Lickable tends to work for me. Up one side and down the other.....

Margaret
07-02-2005, 09:58 AM
HMM and how fast can yer fingers move???

Well darlink, since I cannot reach all the way to Malaysia, you will have to wait to find out...

biker
07-02-2005, 10:22 AM
HMM perhaps a kidnappping. You wouldnt mind being on a ship with mostly guys would ya?

Margaret
07-02-2005, 10:28 AM
/places back of hand delicatly to forehead

Oh dear. Oh my. A ship full of mostly men who have been at sea for how long now?

Whatever shall I do?

Margaret
07-02-2005, 10:30 AM
/Mags starts packing her bags...

Hmmm. We could play Scrabble. Oh, can't forget checkers. A few books for a Book Club. Cross word puzzels.....

There, that should keep them guys interested. :D

biker
07-02-2005, 10:38 AM
ya that'll work. next underway time is over 30 days.. so bring some thick books.

Buxom Wench
07-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Good morning all...

Haven't had a chance to really catch up on the last few pages without a few blushes myself. :oops:

Maybe I missed something somewhere but, what's this about men on ships :twisted: and Asia??

I just found out this week that my Rogue is going to Kuwait :( , Iraq :cry: & Mongolia :? in the next few weeks and won't be back here until early September.

Margaret
07-02-2005, 11:20 AM
The Biker Man currently has his pert ass parked in Mayalsia - hims in the Navy.

Bux, sorry to hear your Rogue is going to be in harm's way. Will put up a request or two that he is guarded and protected. :grouphug:

rosefaeries
07-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Taranach swoops in with several trays loaded to the hilt with all manner of breakfasty goodness, pancakes, waffles, scones, eggs, bacon, sausages, cinnamon buns, pots of coffee, and carafes of various juices

Go-o-o-od Morning Everyone!!! Cleaning out the pantry as we pack it away for the move...

thus having the side effect of having less to pack... :lol:

Taranach

...pack the boxes, pack the boxes...

Getting ready to move? :stunned: So soon? But it was just getting comfortable here......

Where is the chai tea Taranach? I can't find it. Oh and thank you for the scambled eggs, bacon, and ....Oh my blueberry scones... Wanders off happily with the scone.

Buxom Wench
07-02-2005, 11:28 AM
The Biker Man currently has his pert ass parked in Mayalsia - hims in the Navy.

Bux, sorry to hear your Rogue is going to be in harm's way. Will put up a request or two that he is guarded and protected. :grouphug:

Thanks for the requests. :D

He's practically been living in Mongolia for the last 4 years so, I'm sorta used to that.
Now going to Kuwait, he's done that before. In fact, he was there up until the day "we" went into Iraq. That makes me nervous but, not so much as the next leg of the journey.

Now, his going into Iraq, as a civilian contractor for the D.O.D. has me a little nervous :?

We've all seen the news and that just , putting it bluntly, scares the bejesus out of me.
A dear sweet friend of ours was there for 15 months and when she came back, (yes, a female who did as much shooting as the men in a so-called non-combat area), she let us know the REAL deal over there. :shock:

mstarfire
07-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Every day I get a reminder to pray for all of our troops, to thank them for putting their lives on the line so that I may live mine as I choose, and I pray that they all come home safe and soon.
Although I disagree with the war and why we are over there, I am grateful for all the men and women who believe strongly enough to be there and protect my right to disagree.

May I someday proove worthy of their efforts. :grouphug:

biker
07-03-2005, 01:15 AM
on a less serious note.

does anyone think that a game invloving small scale trebuchets and water balloons sound like fun?

Myfanawy
07-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Although I disagree with the war and why we are over there, I am grateful for all the men and women who believe strongly enough to be there and protect my right to disagree.

I sometimes wonder if everyone who's actually serving in the military agrees with what's going on. After all, joining the military is often one of the only chances many people can get at a decent job/career. A very close friend of mine is probably going into the Army as a clarinetist in one of their bands (I have to say, the military has some kickass bands, and no, they don't just play Sousa and "Hail to the Chief"), essentially for the purpose of getting his student loans paid off. Frankly, it'd be a smart route for me (and it's a pretty cush military job--you don't get sent into combat), but I just don't think I could handle being in the military (for one thing, unless you're in the Marine band (I think that's the one...or maybe it's the Air Force), you still have to go through boot.) I don't think I'd be very good at following orders!
--M

biker
07-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Now I cant say anything about the Army/air force., but with the marines, they are a rifleman first then whatever a musican is called. tey could in all honestly get pulled into a combat role.
Now with the navy musicians,I have no respect for them. they get payed to do in my eyes nothing to really contribute to the navy's mission. Dont say well they play for retirements and other ceremonies. well, that music could be recorded and played for less. If it's a navy band you want then OK, let all people try out, if you get accepted then thats your assignment for a few years then back to fleet ya go.

Now while not respectingthem has sailors, I do respect them has musicians. I can give credit where its due.

Margaret
07-03-2005, 10:55 AM
I sometimes wonder if everyone who's actually serving in the military agrees with what's going on.

I kind of look at it this way. I work for a pretty big not for profit company. Do I always agree with the decisions and policies they make. Nope. Do I do my job for them anyway. You betcha.

Now granted, there is a huge difference between my job and that of the military. They are asked to make sacrifices and do things in the name of their job that I can't even begin to imagine.

One of my friends who is an ex-Marine said that he did not always believe in what the military was involved in, but he believed in something bigger than that. That he was doing his part to defend his country.

And on that note: HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!

Myfanawy
07-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Now I cant say anything about the Army/air force., but with the marines, they are a rifleman first then whatever a musican is called. tey could in all honestly get pulled into a combat role.
Now with the navy musicians,I have no respect for them. they get payed to do in my eyes nothing to really contribute to the navy's mission. Dont say well they play for retirements and other ceremonies. well, that music could be recorded and played for less. If it's a navy band you want then OK, let all people try out, if you get accepted then thats your assignment for a few years then back to fleet ya go.

Now while not respectingthem has sailors, I do respect them has musicians. I can give credit where its due.

Haven't really heard anything from the Navy bands....if I WERE to sign up, my choice would be the Air Force band. They seem to get to play the best stuff. Some of their bands have come to Tucson and given FABULOUS concerts (including a great performance of the Mozart Clarinet Concerto, K. 571.) Want to hear something really cool? Several years back, they commissioned a piece called "Dance Movements", by Philip Sparke. We played this back in the fall in the UofA Wind Ensemble, and let me tell you--this is one of the most challenging pieces I've EVER run across, and one of the most fun to play/listen to as well. You can hear clips of the North Texas University University Wind Symphony playing it here (they actually have about 7 wind ensembles total--this is their top group, conducted by Eugene Corporan.) It's hard to track down the Air Force band recording (I burned it from our Wind Ensemble TA)--if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to burn them a copy. The North Texas recording is really good (I have that as well), but I think the AF band's is a bit more musical (N. Texas is known for it's intense precision, but it's still a great recording--very impressive.)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000003M6B/qid=1120403938/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl15/102-2291254-3366551?v=glance&s=classical&n=507846
I feel very privileged to have been given the opportunity to play this piece.
Sorry, this is a really big threadjack--but I guess it is the threadjack thread...
And BTW--I think it is the Air Force in which you don't have to go thru boot.
--M

mstarfire
07-03-2005, 01:54 PM
on a less serious note.

does anyone think that a game invloving small scale trebuchets and water balloons sound like fun?

Oh, yeah. Especially, for this time of year, if you chill the water balloons until they are more like slush balloons and shoot them at each other.
Great fun at a cookout and might be fun for willing victims at a Faire.

Lady Sarah
07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
good god my butt is tired. :sigh:

What'd I miss?

rosefaeries
07-03-2005, 10:53 PM
good god my butt is tired. :sigh:

What'd I miss?

Not as blessed thing .

biker
07-03-2005, 10:59 PM
well a trainwreck on the other board. some fun in MIRF. and a poll about my mini's.

Buxom Wench
07-03-2005, 11:11 PM
OK, bear with me.......

I'm so EXCITED !! :D :D

I got my first Pendragon Bodice today !! :D :D :D

They are at Sterling Ren Faire (near Oswego).

Artos O'Dalriada
07-04-2005, 02:03 AM
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

and a lovely Fourth of July to all. I must go to work soon, yay got a job... nothing glorious, contracted by New York Times and Wall Street Journal as a motor route carrier, but hey, 200 a week for maybe 20 hours of work. no complaining here. so, if'n ya don't see me around on the board here, i'll be either sleeping or attending the festivities in town with the Lady Fangorn and the 4 fangorn saplings. *snicker* :lol:

Ciani
07-04-2005, 08:43 AM
I hope everyone has a lovely 4th doing whatever it is you choose to do today. Myself, I might go see Mr and Mrs Smith. I mean... a hot woman and a hot man with guns and other weapons?? :swoon: I had a birthday bbq and party on Saturday. The bbq sort of evolved into the party instead of there being a break for relaxation like planned. So I ended up spending all day yesterday recovering.

This weekend was opening weekend of GLMF. I can't wait to hear how it was! I wish I had planned differently so I could have gone down.

Tess
07-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Happy 4th to all! Our town had celebrations on Sat...not sure what's going on today.
Ciani...you'll enjoy the movie...saw it last weekend on a girls weekend to visit a friend in the Boston area. Wasn't much of a Brad Pitt gal..but I think I he's growing on me... :wink:

Lady Laurel
07-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Good morning everyone. First Day back at home after Hell weekend. Hope everyone has a glorious Day.
Artos- Congrats on the job, something else will come along keep your chin up.

I am just glad to be back in my own be for just a little while. :lol:

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
07-04-2005, 02:12 PM
on a less serious note.

Oh YES!!! Very Much so... I build mini trebuchets that are about 15" tall or so wit a 24" throwing arm.... There is talk of a mini siege engine "war" just after Pennsic that I am planning to enter.

Taranach

Myfanawy
07-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Happy 4th! I'm playing with the Tucson Symphony tonight...and I am SO excited because we're playing (among other things).....THE RAIDERS MARCH!!!!! :cheer: :singdanc: :bananada: When I got to rehearsal last night, and found that in the folder, I damn near started jumping up and down. You have to understand...I have waited over half my life to play this (no conductor I've ever played under has wanted to play it.) When we started playing it last night, there were tears in my eyes, and when we hit Marion's Theme, those tears started rolling down my face in full force. I know, I'm a complete movie music/Indiana Jones geek, but this is something I've wanted for as long as I can remember. If I'd known they were playing that, they wouldn't have even had to pay me for this gig (though I still won't turn down the $200! :wink: ) Other pieces on the program include "Jurassic Park" (more Williams, I won't argue with that!), the Liberty Bell March (known to most as the Monty Python theme), Colonel Bogey (aka The Bridge Over the River Kwai theme), Ashokan Farewell (from the Ken Burns Civil War series), Tschaikovsky's 1812 Overture (standard for the 4th!), more Sousa marches, and some other stuff (a lot of which is cheesy, but you've got to expect that on a 4th of July concert.) It's an outdoor gig, so it's going to be HOT, but at least it starts after sunset. Also means that tuning is going to be a major issue tonight! That's OK--most people who'll be there won't know the difference.

Wish I could wear my fedora! (even if it was just for Raiders...)
--M

mstarfire
07-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Whoot!

Congrats! Enjoy yourself tonight!
:cheer:

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
07-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Wish I could wear my fedora! (even if it was just for Raiders...)
--M

What you *should* wear is the Marion nightgown you donned in your Rogues Board avatar.

Good luck tonite! I'm sure you'll do well :-)

Myfanawy
07-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh, you know it! I got the tears of happiness out last night, so I'll just have a big shite-eating grin on my face tonight! :D

What you *should* wear is the Marion nightgown you donned in your Rogues Board avatar.

That'd be pretty sweet...definitely not in the dress code though! :wink: I suppose the white evening gown wouldn't work either....lol
http://photobucket.com/albums/y233/Myfanawy/QM%20Summit/ (pics if you're interested)
--M

rosefaeries
07-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Oh buggers, I just found out that there is no shuttle to the local fireworks here. Which means thanks to a bad tire, the kids and I are home for the fourth. :( No dj, or kararoke , (did I spell that right ?), or any of the other activities planned before the fireworks. Walking is not an option. Uphill most of the way, a narrow country road and I still get tired easily. (Not quite back up on my feet). And since I was planning on attending the fireworks, I didn't buy any for the boys to do here.

Maybe I will just go start some water fights with the neighborhood kids. Might be entertaining for awhile. Hmmmmm. I do still owe a soaking to two of the boys for the one they gave me last year. (Nothing like getting your business suit soaked just before going to work)

ambar
07-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Biker Wrote:

::Kibbey dodges behind Rosefaeries and sticks her tounge out at biker::

biker
07-05-2005, 04:28 AM
Biker Wrote:

gets out supersoaker. squirts. there now the roses are watered along with :lol: the Kibbey.

Buxom Wench
07-05-2005, 05:58 AM
*sashays in with enough good eats to feed a royal army*

Good morning all !!!

I just figured since all I really did was cook yesterday, I may as well continue for this morning.
Help yourselves to scones, muffins, danish, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, waffles, juice, coffee, milk & tea. (and for those suffering from the after effects of the weekend,.... a bit of the hair of the dog)

Have a great day everyone.

BTW, did I mention my brand new Pendragon Bodice !?!?!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited?? :D

Lady Sarah
07-05-2005, 08:35 AM
*sashays in with enough good eats to feed a royal army*

Good morning all !!!

I just figured since all I really did was cook yesterday, I may as well continue for this morning.
Help yourselves to scones, muffins, danish, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, waffles, juice, coffee, milk & tea. (and for those suffering from the after effects of the weekend,.... a bit of the hair of the dog)

Have a great day everyone.

BTW, did I mention my brand new Pendragon Bodice !?!?!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited?? :D

I'm not hungover... I'm just TIRED!! And I have a wee bit of a headache creeping in behind my right eye for some reason.

Anyway, Bux, PICTURES!! We need pictures of you in this new bodice so we can finish dressing you!!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th. We cooked a brisket, spent some time in the afternoon with my SIL and the kidlets, then went to the fireworks out to the ballpark. Since we had to wait for the game to end and we were there well enough before sundown, I took along the first HP book to read to the kids: Kaitlin, who's 12, and Kayleigh, who's 4 going on 40. Josh didn't really care, he wanted to crawl into the back end of the car and play with Papa. Soon enough, however, after I came up on Harry's visit to the Zoo, the SIL was listening with rapt attention (and this is the woman who wouldn't touch the movies with a 10 foot pole when they came out!) and kept asking me when it'd get better for Harry, that she felt the treatment he was getting was horrible and wanted to know when Dudley got his come-uppance. :rofl: she now wants to borrow my movies and catch up!

Ciani
07-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Holy cow, all the food! I'm _still_ dragging after two days of hardly anything but sleep. This can't possibly be the aftereffects of too much sangria; I must be fighting a cold. This week I attempt to drag myself back to the gym! Maybe everyone will be too busy outside to be taking up space inside. ;)

Buxom Wench
07-05-2005, 09:06 AM

Anyway, Bux, PICTURES!! We need pictures of you in this new bodice so we can finish dressing you!!

Oh Lady Sarah, when I went to faire on Sunday, all I could think of was, "what will go with the wonderful green top & skirt that I aquired from Lady Sarah?"

Then, as I was walking (ok, I was stumbling alittle :oops: ), there, in front of me, I saw a sign, THE sign. PENDRAGON COSTUMES. I completely forgot about my Rogue, my daughter (a WIT) and her 3 friends (2 WITs & 1 RIT). I made a bee-line straight (well sorta :oops: ) for the bodices.

I obtained black (goes better with ALL my garb :wink: ) sides and the Greenman stomacher with Oak leaf epaulets.
THEN, as I was getting ready to relinquish my pounds and pence, I was shown the Dagger stomacher (http://www.pendragoncostumes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=pendragon&Category_Code=bceltic_dagger). Well, I couldn't have just one design , now could I?!? :D So, of course, I bought that too !!

I also replaced my belt, bought a new mug holder for the new belt and a new dark green deer skin purse that I can either carry on my shoulder OR wrap the strap around the belt and use as a pouch :D.

OK, so maybe I went a little crazy, but hey, (and this is my story and I'm stickin' to it).....

THE RED SQUIRRELS MADE ME DO IT !!!!!

As soon as I can get pics (and figure out how to post them :?), I will :D

*goes back to to admire the verra beautiful bodices from Pendragon*

Buxom Wench
07-05-2005, 09:07 AM

Oh Lady Sarah, when I went to faire on Sunday, all I could think of was, "what will go with the wonderful green top & skirt that I aquired from Lady Sarah?"

Then, as I was walking (ok, I was stumbling alittle :oops: ), there, in front of me, I saw a sign, THE sign. PENDRAGON COSTUMES. I completely forgot about my Rogue, my daughter (a WIT) and her 3 friends (2 WITs & 1 RIT). I made a bee-line straight (well sorta :oops: ) for the bodices.

I obtained black (goes better with ALL my garb :wink: ) sides and the Greenman stomacher with Oak leaf epaulets.
THEN, as I was getting ready to relinquish my pounds and pence, I was shown the Dagger stomacher (http://www.pendragoncostumes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=pendragon&Category_Code=bceltic_dagger). Well, I couldn't have just one design , now could I?!? :D So, of course, I bought that too !!

I also replaced my belt, bought a new mug holder for the new belt and a new dark green deer skin purse that I can either carry on my shoulder OR wrap the strap around the belt and use as a pouch :D.

OK, so maybe I went a little crazy, but hey, (and this is my story and I'm stickin' to it).....

Buxom Wench
07-05-2005, 09:09 AM

Lady Sarah
07-05-2005, 09:14 AM

:giggle: you went crazy enough to triple post? WOW!! Must sell more garb and see if this phenomenon happens elsewhere! :rofl:

Glad to hear that the chemise and skirt were right up your alley hon. And I'm glad to hear that the Red Squirrels were good for something. You don't even have to post the pictures, links will suffice. :grouphug:

Buxom Wench
07-05-2005, 09:19 AM

:giggle: you went crazy enough to triple post? WOW!! Must sell more garb and see if this phenomenon happens elsewhere! :rofl:

Glad to hear that the chemise and skirt were right up your alley hon. And I'm glad to hear that the Red Squirrels were good for something. You don't even have to post the pictures, links will suffice. :grouphug:

OOPS !! Sorry..... :oops: *mumbles to self, DAMN dial-up*

Ciani
07-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Bux, I can't wait to see pictures of the new bodice! I would love to get a pendragon one of these days. They're awful pretty :D

Margaret
07-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Bux, I can't wait to see pictures of the new bodice! I would love to get a pendragon one of these days. They're awful pretty :D

And available for purchas (or staring longingly at) at MIRF.

Happy psudo Monday everyone. See I know it's Tuesday, but it feels like a Monday...

Ciani
07-05-2005, 09:49 AM

And available for purchas (or staring longingly at) at MIRF.

Happy psudo Monday everyone. See I know it's Tuesday, but it feels like a Monday...

oh dear.. I wonder if I'll have the money saved up by the time I head up to MIRF.

it does feel like Monday :sigh: I'm never really a fan of Monday.

po silvertop the rogue
07-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Po fades in...

Tea... just a tea, please....

approx. 9 hours till tonight's Steel-Therapy- and I'm just hoping to survive until then--

*piles* of work dropped off on my desk when I arrived this morn.... plus the new incoming newspaper editor is more "hands-on" than his predecessor and apparently disliked last week's review....

sigh.

make that tea & chocolate....

hmm.. wonder if the new editor would like to learn to fence?

:twisted:

sell the books, sell the books!

s.

ambar
07-05-2005, 10:13 AM

gets out supersoaker. squirts. there now the roses are watered along with :lol: the Kibbey.

http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg

You are SO not getting a Christmas card!

Lady Sarah
07-05-2005, 10:19 AM

Oh DAYUM... that cat looks PISSED!

grabs a towel and starts drying off da kibbey...

Artemisia
07-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Mornin' All
:grouphug:

:grabs eggs, sausage coffee and juice:: ::notices wet Kibbey::
:thinking: Naw....
::puts 10ft pole back in the Chaos Corner::

Well, I was working on my Pennsic tent all weekend long. The tent (10 foot wide, 13 foot high round Pavilion) is pitched and half decorated. I'll post pics later. ::looks at calendar and to do list::

>pack EVERYTHING in the tent (2 weeks worth of stuff, including air bed, garb, sundries, blankets, table, chair, etc.)
>re-pitch tent by myself (without hubbies help this time)
>sew chemises and tunics
>get ready for NYRF Opening Day
... all must be done in the next 2-3 weeks :shock:

Can't wait for this weekend though. My friends are coming up to visit. My friend and I are going Friday to the Mohonk Mountain House http://www.mohonk.com/ for a massage and facial. Then, the hubby and I are going to babysit their daughter (my hubbies goddaughter) while they go on a river cruise with a salsa dance band on the Hudson for their 5th wedding anniversary. My hubby is going to drop them off, tell them to get blasted drunk (they need to, they are so stressed out) and he'll come pick them up. We're gonna then put them up in a hotel for that evening - and if they are really drunk we may drop them off at a cheezy love motel just for ghits and shiggles. They are going to be here on Saturday also, so I won't be able to work on Pennsic stuff this weekend. ::looks at calendar:: *Sigh* I am the Queen of Procrastination! :king:

ambar
07-05-2005, 11:20 AM

Oh DAYUM... that cat looks PISSED!

grabs a towel and starts drying off da kibbey...

::purrs at Sawah giving biker a stern look of annoyance::

rosefaeries
07-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Biker Wrote:

Oh but Biker roses have thorns, or in this case a supersoaker also. Rosefaeries whips out supersoaker from behind her back and returns the favor.

Artemisia
07-05-2005, 11:28 AM
::fluffs up comfy pillows, catnip and feathers for Kibbey once Sarah is done tending::

ambar
07-05-2005, 11:44 AM
::kibbey snuggles up with Rose, Arte, and Sawah still glaring at biker:: First you threaten me with a trip to the vet, now you douse me? :?

(and a tuesday funny for all)
http://www.comics.com/comics/hedge/archive/images/hedge21046420050704.gif

Myfanawy
07-05-2005, 11:44 AM

Now that is just pathetic.
--M

rosefaeries
07-05-2005, 11:49 AM
er.....Does anyone have an extra towel?

ambar
07-05-2005, 11:58 AM
*snerf* don't you wuv me anymore? ::drip, drip, drip::

Myfanawy
07-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Speaking of cats....my poor baby is at the V-E-T today. She's there for her shots and a dental. She has a tooth that looks really bad, and it's probably going to have to be pulled. Boy, is it going to be interesting trying to pill a cat with a sore mouth. :( I know she's in good hands, but I'm going to be sitting here worrying all day until she's home.

And boy, did she get me good when we were attempting to get her into the carrier.

Here's the sweetie Indy:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Myfanawy/Indy%20the%20Cat/imthequeen.jpg

--M

rosefaeries
07-05-2005, 12:54 PM
*snerf* don't you wuv me anymore? ::drip, drip, drip::

Oh still luv the kibbey. I er ummm need to dry off my glasses just in case he tries it again.

Would kibbey like a rattled wool? (Holds toy in hand shaking it so faint rattle can be heard)

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
07-05-2005, 04:25 PM

Was that a picture for the rogues?

Taranach
(RD&L)

Ariel
07-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Myfanawy, hope your kitty is well. The tooth pulling thing isn't so bad. Before my Serana passed away a few months ago she had about a dozen teeth pulled. I thought the poor thing was going to be toothless before long but my vet told me it wouldn't matter because her gums would harden and she'd still be able to eat dry food. Weird, right? :lol: Just be sure to bribe your kitty with lots of wet food until she's over the "trauma."

Myfanawy
07-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks, Ariel. I just brought her home, and she's still a bit groggy, but otherwise alright. Turns out they had to pull 3 teeth (which shattered when they extracted them.) Actually, the vet mentioned that they'd recently had a cat in there (about 2 1/2 years old) that had to have all but 3 teeth extracted, and was still fine with eating dry food; in fact, the cat refused to eat wet food. I know that won't be the story with my little one--she wolfs it down whenever she gets it!--and she'll definitely be getting more than usual in the next several days.

I feel like such a bad cat-mom for letting her teeth get to the point where she needed 3 pulled. Being a poor college student sucks on a lot of levels, but I feel like I at least should have taken care of her teeth sooner rather than being selfish and buying garb and stuff for myself. Well, she's all up to date on dental work for the moment--I'm going to make damn sure she gets a dental every year now, even if I have to give up something I'd really like. I'd much rather have her around than a new bodice any day.
--M

Ariel
07-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Regarding the dentals, I don't think that would have made much of a difference for Serana. She just developed really bad teeth later in life to where they would just rot. She also had asthma and was on kitty steroids. She cost me a fortune but I miss her! Towards the end of her long life we were contemplating getting her a kitty inhaler because the steroids weren't helping the asthma so well anymore. Its amazing what they've developed for animals now. The little inhaler straps over their face and they use the same spray stuff people use. :lol:
Glad your kitty is doing well, Myfanawy.

Cerulean Fire
07-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Welcome to our shiny new highjacking thread!

::puts out a brunch cart with coffee and tea::

Ambar, did you remember to make the floors drool-proof for when you again post photos of hunky men in kilts and tights?

I don't think the insurance will cover it if we have people sliding all over the place, 'specially if Po & Cap'n Morghan duel with steel in here :lol:

I want to see the pic.s of good looking kilt wearing men... would you tell me the web siteplease? And I promis to sit down befor i point and click. that way i wont slip and sprain an ankel, there by needing emergancy E.R. care... mmmmmmmmm George Cloony... why did he ever leave the show, oh well thats what "Lifetime" is for..lol...

Myfanawy
07-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Regarding the dentals, I don't think that would have made much of a difference for Serana. She just developed really bad teeth later in life to where they would just rot. She also had asthma and was on kitty steroids. She cost me a fortune but I miss her! Towards the end of her long life we were contemplating getting her a kitty inhaler because the steroids weren't helping the asthma so well anymore. Its amazing what they've developed for animals now. The little inhaler straps over their face and they use the same spray stuff people use. :lol:
Glad your kitty is doing well, Myfanawy.

It is pretty amazing...all the advances they've made in veterinary medicine. I think Indy's genetically disposed to having bad teeth...runs in the family (there's more filling & crown material than real tooth in my mouth at this point, I think.) I've also been mixing tooth diet food (bigger chunks) into her regular food lately, so hopefully that'll do some good. I agree with the vet bills being worth it--I want her to have as long, happy, and healthy a life as possible (but when the end comes, I'm not going to try and pull any drastic miracles off...when it's time, it's time. I don't want her to suffer just because I'll miss her.) She's got many years left in her! She's 5...I've had her since she was a year old, and those 4 years have been a gift.
Thanks again, Ariel. :)
--M

mstarfire
07-05-2005, 08:50 PM
*Starfire wanders in from work, looks around the room, reaches into the closet and finds nice fluffy towels for Rose and Kibbey, looks Biker up and down and decides she likes the look of him wet.....*

Evening folks, is there any nibblies left over from the cookouts. I'm craving a good ear of corn....

Scarlett Rogue
07-06-2005, 08:40 AM
*glances out at the rainy day and sighs* SOOO should not have to work today. I should be on a screened in porch, in a hammock, with a good book ..
Morning everyone. Another day, another 55 cents!

Margaret
07-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Morning all! happy Wednesday!

Well, our rain left yesterday so Her Grace and I hit the local waterpark. Still overcast but warm, we had a great time. Sun came out later and guess what I totally forgot. sunscreen. Not the brightest of moves on my part. HG tans - me, well not so much.

So here I sit at work wondering how bad it will look if I remove my undergarments that are currently rubbing on my skin. :oops:

Lady Sarah
07-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Ooooo owies Mags!! I'd hug, but you're tender. ~L~

Good Wednesday Morning everyone!!

Margaret
07-06-2005, 10:49 AM
You betcha I'm tender :cry:

My own dumbass fault though. Ah well, just have to go and get some noxema at lunch....

biker
07-06-2005, 11:28 AM
You betcha I'm tender :cry:

My own dumbass fault though. Ah well, just have to go and get some noxema at lunch....

Aloe vera is your friend.

Buxom Wench
07-06-2005, 11:37 AM
*strolls in and notices that the trolly has been neglected this day. starts a frenzy of cooking in the kitchen*

Good morning all !!

Mags, before I go further, here's a nice cup of herbal tea and a raspberry scone to help make you forget the burn.

Everything else is almost done, everyone.

Here come the scones, muffins, cookies, juices, milk coffee & teas. Please enjoy !!

Lady Laurel
07-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Well, our rain left yesterday so Her Grace and I hit the local waterpark. Still overcast but warm, we had a great time. Sun came out later and guess what I totally forgot. sunscreen. Not the brightest of moves on my part. HG tans - me, well not so much.

OOO Mags I know how that feels. I never tan just turn 3 shades of red and peal. Try some solar cane it helps numbs it for a while.
Happy Hump day everyone I have had three pieces of chocolate already this morning. ( screw the diet :wink: )

Margaret
07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Awww, thanks all for the care and concern. :D

Now if I could just get this bra off (Biker - pipe down!) :P

po silvertop the rogue
07-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Quoth M'Lady Margaret (toasted brown) :
Now if I could just get this bra off (Biker - pipe down!)

My Lady.. Is that evil, naughty Rogue Biker distressing thee?

Allow me to help! :lol:

s.

(sell the books, sell the books...)

Margaret
07-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Nay goode and kindly sir, he vexeth me not for I am learned in the ways of dealing with a Rogue such as himself.

And don't think I just fell of the turnip truck either bucko - I see what you're trying to do! :wink:

rosefaeries
07-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Apple Cider Vinegar helps too. I used that a lot when I was a vendor at Saturday Market. I would end up with a sunburn on the top of my head least once a year. Easier to pour diluted vinegar over my head than trying to get the other stuff on. You don't need to use it diluted though. The only drawback is, you tend to ,well :roll: , a bit vinegary.

Myfanawy
07-06-2005, 12:27 PM
OOO Mags I know how that feels. I never tan just turn 3 shades of red and peal)

I'm the same way. It sucks. I can use SPF 50 and still burn if I don't reapply at least every 2 hours. Tan is not a word that can apply to me. I never wear shorts, and would blind everyone if I did....and the rest isn't far behind.
--M

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Ohh poor Mags :-(

Ok here's my 2 cents:

When I was little, my mom would keep a stick of cocoa butter in the fridge and would take it out and rub it on her & me when we got sunburned.

Solarcaine in either the gel or the spray is also a godsend.

Lady Laurel
07-06-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm the same way. It sucks. I can use SPF 50 and still burn if I don't reapply at least every 2 hours. Tan is not a word that can apply to me. I never wear shorts, and would blind everyone if I did....and the rest isn't far behind.

I started using self tanner. There is a new one out that I got I believe it is Jergens. It works pretty well accept for the feet I have to concentrate on them or the ankles will look muddy. I have just come to accept my pale self. If I leave the house I have sunblock on.

Cerulean Fire
07-06-2005, 05:23 PM
[quote="RichardMacHugely"]Well, if you guys want to talk Llamas, have I got a story for you. A couple of years ago, I was involved with the meteoric rise and tragic fall of a mostly llama rock and roll group. The complete story can be found at

http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=51842,

but the highlights are included below:[quote="RichardMacHugely"]

WOW! how funny... and sad.. :cry: :wink:

Margaret
07-07-2005, 08:49 AM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

OK, after much begging and pleading, wooing and cajoling, he has relented. For several long months, I have asked Biker to tell me about it. To describe it to me. Tell me, in detail of course, about it's size and color. Oh how I have longed to touch it. To run my fingers over it's head. To see if he was bragging or not about how well it hung.

As I said - he relented in the most wonderful way.

I have a picture. :bananada:

Anyone wanna see?

po silvertop the rogue
07-07-2005, 09:30 AM
<ahem>
"Oedipus, If I coud borrow those knitting needles when you're done?" :lol:

Po fades in.. and re-stocks the breakfast buffet....

hmm.. "Must be Thursday... I never quite got the hang of Thursdays..." :roll:

Sell the books, sell the books..

s.

Artemisia
07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
I have a picture. Anyone wanna see?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/drool5.gifhttp://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/071.gif

Lady Sarah
07-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I have a picture. Anyone wanna see?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/drool5.gifhttp://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/071.gif

I'm gonig to regret it, but...

what Arte said!!

Margaret
07-07-2005, 09:51 AM
/Hands the knitting needles over to Po

Here ya go dear! You may want to get some llama wool from Arte there - I take a size medium sweater. Oh, could you dye it blue too? :D

Well, the great unveiling is going to have to wait for a bit - I must away to find a client of mine.

Ah, the An -ti-cipaa-aaaa----aaaaaaaaaa-tion of it all...... :twisted:

po silvertop the rogue
07-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Quoth M'Lady Margaret:
Hands the knitting needles over to Po
Here ya go dear! You may want to get some llama wool from Arte there - I take a size medium sweater. Oh, could you dye it blue too?

No, No, M'Dear.. not for actualy *knitting*... but to blind myself with... (Hence "Oedipus")
I suspect whatever photo you're about to unleash on an unsuspecting world is going to cause permanent damage... :lol:

Now, if you're *cold*, on the other hand.. and require something blue wrapped 'round thee... I might *still* be able to help... :twisted:

s.

biker
07-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Po,
I think what maggie is viewing is keeping her blood pumping............

Margaret
07-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Oh Po, blind not thy beautiful eyes.

How else would you get my sweater done? :twisted:

(and yes, I did get the reference - I chose to ignore it and twist if for my own needs and purposes - how like a woman!)

And Biker dear, yes indeed, the image you sent did start my heart a pumpin' (and other things too)

It was nice to see you - even though pictorally - in the flesh......

WenchyMom
07-07-2005, 10:56 AM
see I was DRAWN to check the boards today, good think i did, Oh sister Mags!!!

help a sister out deary and share the pic!!!

biker
07-07-2005, 11:16 AM
HIYA wenchy mom!!!!!

WenchyMom
07-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Hiya Biker!!!!

how you doing sweetheart?

You still out on your tour thingy? how's the going/or went? lol

biker
07-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Im doing OK. still on deployment. have another 4 months to go. thne when I get home I have 365 days till I retire.

biker
07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Im doing OK. still on deployment. have another 4 months to go. thne when I get home I have 365 days till I retire.

Artemisia
07-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Sounds so nice you had to say it twice, huh? :) Short, short Biker!

BTW, still waiting on that picture...http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/drool5.gif

WenchyMom
07-07-2005, 11:55 AM
do we need add some more worries about you since this bombing in London?

biker
07-07-2005, 12:06 PM
don't think so. another side of the world. though it was said in jest that we think the french did it has they are pissed they did nt get chosen for the Olympics.

Margaret
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Short, short Biker!

BTW, still waiting on that picture...http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/drool5.gif

Ah Arte! Da Biker Man is by no means 'short'

I have proof

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
07-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Short, short Biker!

Ah Arte! Da Biker Man is by no means 'short'

I have proof

Hul-lo, woman! Don't keep us in suspenders here! Share already!

Buxom Wench
07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
*starts pounding hands on table and feet on floor*

SHARE THE PIC - TURE!! SHARE THE PIC - TURE!! SHARE THE PIC - TURE!!

PRETTY PLEASE

Margaret
07-07-2005, 12:44 PM
OK! OK! Let me head over to Photobucket....

Be right baaaaaaaaack! :twisted:

WenchyMom
07-07-2005, 12:46 PM
hurry hurry hurry

Margaret
07-07-2005, 12:46 PM
And in ..........

I give you BIKER!!!

see next post please

Margaret
07-07-2005, 12:47 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Sweete-Ladye/Popup6163.jpg

Margaret
07-07-2005, 12:50 PM
DAMM!!

Wrong link

That's Katie doing God knows what with our local pirate Capt'n.

Artemisia
07-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Me pirate tendencies are coming out....blast you woman! http://cgi.hauntedpennsylvania.org/Forum/images/smiles/mad.gif

Ciani
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
DAMM!!

Wrong link

well.. whoever it is.. meow!

Lady Sarah
07-07-2005, 01:01 PM
I hope he sanded his plank... :stunned:

Margaret
07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
*snerf* Sanded his plank...

That is Capt. Lucius (yup, I said Lucius) Saphire. The chief bad guy at MIRF.

If you go to Goldfrost.org you can see a bunch more of the wonderful images Gary has taken over the years at MIRF and other ren faires

WenchyMom
07-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Fine and Dandy Lucious is a cutie but

I WANT TO SEE BIKER!!!!!!!!!

Come ON sister Mags, include the rest of us in your knowledge. :wink:

Margaret
07-07-2005, 02:11 PM
OK, becuase the board is finally moving again (it just would not load for me for a second..)

Here is the photo I have be promising.

Biker is good on his word - at least in this case.....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Sweete-Ladye/Dscf0908.jpg

He does have a cock that hangs 6 inches below his knee!!!!

Lady Sarah
07-07-2005, 02:13 PM
*snerf* Sanded his plank...

That is Capt. Lucius (yup, I said Lucius) Saphire. The chief bad guy at MIRF.

If you go to Goldfrost.org you can see a bunch more of the wonderful images Gary has taken over the years at MIRF and other ren faires

Yes Ma'am, already seen him in all his glory over at GoldFrost.... drooled over many of them. He looks like he enjoys every minute.

He does have a cock that hangs 6 inches below his knee!!!!

GROAN... :roll:

Margaret
07-07-2005, 02:15 PM
:snicker:

Artemisia
07-07-2005, 02:22 PM
He does have a cock that hangs 6 inches below his knee!!!!GROAN... :roll:

I'm gonna agree with Sawah and NOT regret it.........
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/dupe.gif

Ciani
07-07-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm not going to complain.. I'm still thinking about pirates!

:swoon:

and starbucks coffee but that's another matter altogether.

Lady Sarah
07-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm not going to complain.. I'm still thinking about pirates!

:swoon:

and starbucks coffee but that's another matter altogether.

Here ya go Ciani. A taste of what to look forward to in 6 weeks!!

http://www.goldfrost.net/images/mirf2004/week1/images/20040808_18431764_A.jpg

http://www.goldfrost.net/images/mirf2004/week1/images/20040814_12333665_A.jpg[/img]

Lady Sarah
07-07-2005, 02:42 PM
OH! And of course...

http://www.coalharbourcafe.com/starbucks_coffee_cup_at_coal_harbour_cafe.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ciani
07-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Here ya go Ciani. A taste of what to look forward to in 6 weeks!!

http://www.goldfrost.net/images/mirf2004/week1/images/20040808_18431764_A.jpg

http://www.goldfrost.net/images/mirf2004/week1/images/20040814_12333665_A.jpg[/img]

:flutter: Six weeks!? Argh.. Well that's ok. Waiting can be fun in an irritating sort of way. If you lose me, just go find the pirates, maybe I'll convince them to "kidnap" me. :twisted:

Lady Sarah
07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
:flutter: Six weeks!? Argh.. Well that's ok. Waiting can be fun in an irritating sort of way. If you lose me, just go find the pirates, maybe I'll convince them to "kidnap" me. :twisted:

heh... is that the same way that if I get lost, find the Musketeers and I'll be convincing them I need rescuing? :rofl:

Ciani
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm equal opportunity, if they catch my eye I'll let them try to rescue me while the pirates try to capture me.. now how much fun would _that_ be?!

ooooh.. i have convinced the co-workers that starbucks is better than pingpong. we leave in three minutes.

Winifred Baskerville
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Mm, yes. Captain Saffire certainly has nice pants. Well worth watching...

WinB
a.k.a. Tom Boyd, the Wannabe Guard

Ciani
07-07-2005, 02:53 PM

WinB

the pants? the captain? both??

Lady Sarah
07-07-2005, 02:55 PM

WinB

::startles from her reverie a moment::
Who? Which? Who's pants am I guarding?? :stunned:

erm, speaking of pants...

http://www.goldfrost.net/images/mirf2004/week1/images/20040814_12365776_A.jpg

Winifred Baskerville
07-07-2005, 03:13 PM

WinB

Both, darling, both!

Ciani
07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
meow. those boots just flashed me back to Jean Claude. Now I need to re-read some LKH.

Lady Laurel
07-07-2005, 04:13 PM
mmm a little pirate for dinner tonight. :wink:

Adriana Rose
07-07-2005, 10:22 PM
That could be very interesting............... :thinking:

Katie O'Connell
07-07-2005, 11:36 PM
DAMM!!

Wrong link

well.. whoever it is.. meow!

Oh....very funny, Maggie. Verrry funny.

An accident. Sure. I believe you. :irked:

As far as what was going on at that moment....I have NO idea.

I was there, and I still have no idea. We were just being silly for the guy with the camera, I think.

I mean: I was there...I was SOBER, and I STILL Have NO idea what the heck we were doing.

I do know, however, that we weren't doing the chubby bunny. 8)

Katie O'Connell
07-07-2005, 11:40 PM

WinB

Both, darling, both!

And you can bet that she did indeed keep a close eye on both while escorting him to the Tower after the melee.

Margaret
07-08-2005, 06:19 AM
As far as what was going on at that moment....I have NO idea.

I was there, and I still have no idea. We were just being silly for the guy with the camera, I think.

I mean: I was there...I was SOBER, and I STILL Have NO idea what the heck we were doing.

I do know, however, that we weren't doing the chubby bunny. 8)

Yep, that was back in the day when Stepen was not even Lucius yet.

And Katie! You goof around for the camera. Get out! :D

And to all and everyone else, tank ewe berry much for playing along yesterday.

On to bigger and better things.... It's Friday!! There's a faire to go to tomorrow!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEE! Maggie's coming out to plaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!

Buxom Wench
07-08-2005, 08:21 AM
*peeks around the corner, looks to see who is here*

Good Friday everyone!!

Mags, glad to hear about faire tomorrow. I may just have to go back to Sterling, myself.
Too much I didn't get to do last weekend :wink:

Well, before anyone heads out to work, faire or just lazing about, how about a nice little nibble?
Scones, muffins, danish, eggs, quiche, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, homefries, juice, milk, coffee, cappucino & tea. :D

Have a ducky day and an even duckier weekend dears. :D

Ciani
07-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Yay Maggie, have fun at faire :) I'm going to a faire on Saturday but, sadly, not the same one you'll be at. My roommate and I are going to GLMF tomorrow! :bounce: whee!

po silvertop the rogue
07-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Po fades in.... and nibbles at M'Lady Buxom... :lol:

*Oh*- thou mean'st food? Sigh.

Sigh.. Rain. Blech. (but at least 'tis Blessed Friday.. payday Friday!)

No Faire for me this weekend- but I do have an SCA Demo scheduled.. so there will be garb and steel and Wenches and swashbuckling... It's close enough! :wink:

Remembering yesterday, Po puts down the knitting needles and picks up the Red Herring of Impending Spank...

Oh, M'Lady Mags! :twisted:

Heh. Heh. heh...

Sell the books, sell the books!

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
07-08-2005, 12:16 PM

It's been ducky allright...Been raining since I got up and now it's absolutely POURING! :-(

Why couldn't it be raining money? Or chocolate? Or rogues, for that matter?

Ciani
07-08-2005, 12:21 PM

It's been ducky allright...Been raining since I got up and now it's absolutely POURING! :-(

Why couldn't it be raining money? Or chocolate? Or rogues, for that matter?

all of those sound good to me.. I don't think it's supposed to rain here this weekend.

Buxom Wench
07-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Po fades in.... and nibbles at M'Lady Buxom... :lol:

*Oh*- thou mean'st food? Sigh.

Did I say food? I just said nibble.

Artos O'Dalriada
07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Po, Demo? There's a demo this weekend? do tell.

po silvertop the rogue
07-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Po, Demo? There's a demo this weekend? do tell.

Po cuts & pastes from the Endless Hills Baronial listserver announcement, with some updates...

Hi All!
I just wanted to remind everyone that the Scranton Children's Library Demo is Saturday the 9th from 11 to 1:00 PM. Please arrive at 10:30 to set up and learn your parts. We're expecting quite a crowd. If you can come, please do, and wear your finery! We're expecting a TV station. We'll be in the air conditioned interior of the library, so feel free to wear your court garb.

Some of the things planned:

-Calligraphy & Illumination table
-Medieval Board Games
-The period food game
-Baroness Isabella: Court (ie.Gown & Coronet 1st thing), then a fighting DEMO with Alwin if the weather holds.
-Period Fencing/Dueling Demo with Po (With Morghan, Anton and Morgana Dark..)

More Fighters always welcome! Fighting is Outside.

I could use some more volunteers, so if you're thinking you'd like to help, speak up! We can always use more volunteers. I have a long list of activities that we can do if we have enough volunteers....and NONE of them are painful, difficult or boring! You'll have a great time, I promise. These little kids will think you're the best invention since rocks were new.

Po then resumes nibbling on Lady Buxom.... :twisted:

s.

Ciani
07-08-2005, 02:25 PM
They had cake at work again today. I hate when they have cake at work because I think it has some sort of crack in it. Either that or my willpower against eating cake is being worn thin by all of the cake that people bring around.

it's good cake but it's not a substitute for starbucks.

Adriana Rose
07-08-2005, 02:26 PM
:hi:

Hi guys just poppin' in to see whats been shakin' before I head out to Faire....

I had better not rain this weekend!

shhhh that is a 4 letter word... :roll:

Lady Laurel
07-08-2005, 03:26 PM
They had cake at work again today. I hate when they have cake at work because I think it has some sort of crack in it. Either that or my willpower against eating cake is being worn thin by all of the cake that people bring around

I know what you mean if there is cake at work even the kind I don't altogether like I have to have a piece or two. Its like it sits there and calls my name. I think it is boredorm or stress. There is a bowl of hersheys minitures in the secretarys office and I find myself in there more than normal because off the chocolate.

Lady Sarah
07-08-2005, 03:29 PM
They had cake at work again today. I hate when they have cake at work because I think it has some sort of crack in it. Either that or my willpower against eating cake is being worn thin by all of the cake that people bring around

I know what you mean if there is cake at work even the kind I don't altogether like I have to have a piece or two. Its like it sits there and calls my name. I think it is boredorm or stress. There is a bowl of hersheys minitures in the secretarys office and I find myself in there more than normal because off the chocolate.

Before I transferred departments, we had a cake every month for the birthdays of that month. White cake with cheesecake mousse filling and chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. I always licked the filling out and threw away the rest. The icing was just too sweet for me.

My new department celebrates their birthdays at 4 in the afternoon... and now that I leave at 4 pm most days. ;) I've been REALLY good not to eat cake. Besides, they've got shitty taste in cakes over here. it's awful carboard cakes. blech.

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
07-09-2005, 03:47 AM
FINALLY!!!

We have managed to clear everything out of the old house and transport it to the new one!!! :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada:

Now if I can just figure out how to calm the excruciating pain racking through my arms, legs, back, etc.... (I'm getting too old for this!)

All that is left is the 2 storage units, but those are not quite so critical... and at least we should have enough space for them at our new place! Even so, we are planning to weed out some more of the *ahem*garbage*cough* that we have accumulated. To darn much stuff!!!

Anyway, off to the demo tomorrow where I can sit around and move as little as possible.... :D

Taranach

Buxom Wench
07-09-2005, 07:11 AM
FINALLY!!!

We have managed to clear everything out of the old house and transport it to the new one!!! :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada:

Now if I can just figure out how to calm the excruciating pain racking through my arms, legs, back, etc.... (I'm getting too old for this!)

All that is left is the 2 storage units, but those are not quite so critical... and at least we should have enough space for them at our new place! Even so, we are planning to weed out some more of the *ahem*garbage*cough* that we have accumulated. To darn much stuff!!!

Anyway, off to the demo tomorrow where I can sit around and move as little as possible.... :D

Taranach

CONGRATS on the move Taranach !! :D

As for the pain in your verra sexy body, I recommend a full body massage :wink:
Eucalyptus (sp?) oil for the worst areas and deep muscle manipulation on the rest.
I would do it for you (have portable table) but I think the geography makes that difficult.
I'm sure you can find a willing wench to do the honors :wink:

As for everyone else, breakfast is served !! :D

*takes own sore body out to the hottub for a little relaxation*

Branwen
07-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Okay, I have to admit to the fact that I am a Garb Whore. Where do I go to sign up for the meetings? I went to Wal-Mart last weekend looking for material to make a skirt to match one of my bodices. I found that as well as some faux suede. Feels wonderful, looks great. Now I'm trying to persuade my Mom to help me make yet another outfit. I went on E-Bay this afternoon & ordered some ankle boots to match my current garb & possibly my new garb. I also ordered some really nice feast gear. I have some already, but I'm going to package it up and put a ticket for TRF King's Feast in the package & give it to my cousin for his Birthday in September. My Brother want's a kilt as well as a new shirt. I have yards of material in my room yet I don't even sew. I can crochet & I can embroidery. Following sewing instructions is a bit of a challange. I need to see something along with the instructions (visual aids are needed), just reading them doesn't help make things click.
I start on vacation in 7 days time. Since I'm not going out of State as once planned, I'm going to find things here in Texas to keep me busy. Mike & I are still seeing each other, so that is one thing. My Aunt wants to go to the Coast, PussyWillow wants to go to Fiesta Texas, I want to go to Frederickburg Texas, and many other things to do. So much to do so little time to do it in.
I hope everyone in Dennis' aim are safe & try to keep dry. We are very dry here in Texas, I think the last time I remember measurable rain was back in April.
Have a wonderful weekend to all!!!

Margaret
07-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Branwen! Sounds like you have alot going! I hear you on the sewing thing. I am a much better visual learner than anything. You should have seen me trying to figure out how to attatch cuffs and collars the first time 'round :roll:

I am sure you will find something fun and interesting to do on vacation - sounds as if you have alot of opitons to choose from.

Faire on Sat. was wonderful! Nice to see everyone again and catch up on the gossip. Played DAW and helped to raise money to be donated to breast cancer research, got nabbed with a Rose Tag, saw some shows and had a good time.

I will go and start the coffee brewing....

biker
07-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Hey Sarah and everyone else. Ya better watch out, a future Lusketteer practices his poetry recital for swooning wenches

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Sweete-Ladye/Nico.jpg

Lady Sarah
07-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Ohh Biker he's adorable!! :love:

Mags!! Glad to hear it was a great time! 4 weeks and counting!!

Breakfast... hmmmmmm yumm!! I'm about starving!

Buxom Wench
07-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Lady Sarah.........

your wish is my command. breakfast is on the table.

May I interest you in scones, muffins, danish, eggs, waffles, pancakes, bacon, ham, sausage, hashbrowns, milk, coffee, cappucino and/or tea?

Everyone else, please do help yourselves and have a ducky day dears! :D

Margaret
07-11-2005, 08:37 AM
:faint: :hearts:

AWWWWWWW!!! Look at him!!! I'm swooning already!

yup, had a great time at Silverleaf. I am off to my 'no access' office, so I will give you the full scoop later on.

Bux, as usual, you rock!

Lady Laurel
07-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Biker- He's adorable.
Yah I need some breakfast. Hardly ate anything all weekend. I need more sleep.
I wonder if my boss would get mad if I brought a pillow to work. :wink:

po silvertop the rogue
07-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Po fades in...
Did I hear someone mention food? :D YUM!

Thanks M'Lady Bux! (Gotta keep fed- big week ahead.... lots o' steel-therapy leading up to the 7 Pearls tourney... and Harry Potter 6....)

Biker- nice pic!

s.

Artemisia
07-11-2005, 10:04 AM
We have managed to clear everything out of the old house and transport it to the new one!!!
Congratulations!

Branwen, I empathize with you. I've got about 30 yards of different materials in my house ready to be sewn. I turned half of my store into a sewing area with a huge table in the middle for cutting and the other desk has my sewing machine ready. And I have to sew all these chemises and skirts up by August. Busy, busy, busy!

Hey Sarah and everyone else. Ya better watch out, a future Lusketteer practices his poetry recital for swooning wenches
What a flirt...he's too cute!

Thanks for the breakfast spread again Buxom. ::goes for scones and coffee::
And I think I will have a ducky day!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/theartemis/underwater_duck.jpg

ambar
07-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Considering my direction sense and the planned trip to NY this fall...........I feel like Sammy.

http://www.comics.com/comics/hedge/archive/images/hedge2005071149490.jpg

rosefaeries
07-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Rose fills tables with numerous baked goodies (brownies, chocolate chip cookies, molasses gingersnaps. various chocolate cakes, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal cookies.) Also puts several pitchers of homemade lemonade out.

I am going absolutely stir crazy. No car, and not recovered enough to really run the trails. I have been baking since this morning and packing up the apartment.

There will be hot corn bread as soon as it is out of the oven.

I would sew, except I think I kind of sort of already packed up my sewing stuff. (ok darn it...I did pack it up when I was packing the living room..... :oops: )

po silvertop the rogue
07-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Po fades in.. and noticing the empty table begins rolling out a fresh courtesy cart of foodstuffs...

<voice of Grandmother Rhea> "Est, Mine Kindelech.... Est!" </Voice of Grandmother Rhea>
("Eat, My little ones... Eat!") :lol:
Hmmm.. Maybe we'll make Matso-Brie this morning... :) ...with a slice of ham.. :twisted:
(Oops!- here comes Ysobelle to tell me what a bad Jewish boy I is.... :P )

Ok- off to "sell the books! sell the books!"

..and to continue to prepare for the weekend's fesitivies! (..and my subsequent Wake... :lol: )

s.

Margaret
07-12-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm eating Grandma Rhea! Yummy!!! :D

Just running through, busy day and all....

Lady Laurel
07-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Hello everyone hope its a good Tuesday for ya.
Grabbing a cup off coffee and running towards piles of work

po silvertop the rogue
07-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Po grins, looks down and shakes his head.. muttering about the importance of proper punctuation...

must... resist.. straightline.... sigh... :lol:

s.

Buxom Wench
07-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone !! :D

I'm sorry I wasn't able to put out a buffet this morn. :(
I'm getting ready to send my husband to Kuwait and Mongolia for the next 6-7 weeks. :cry:

Please, if you have a spare moment, keep him in your prayers that he has a safe trip.

Thanks in advance.

Wolves Lady
07-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Good morning everyone!

Puts out several pots of hot coffee

Buxom - your hubby is in my prayers.

Biker - Awwwwwwwww!!! He is SO cute!!!

Have a good day all!

Cruisewench
07-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Cruise dashes into the room, determined to finally do more than just lurk, and grabs a brownie. Mmmmmmmmmm chocolate!
Margaret: :snarf: Re-read what you wrote!
Bux: :grouphug: Your whole family is in my thoughts!
So.......what's everyone up to today?

Lady Laurel
07-12-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm getting ready to send my husband to Kuwait and Mongolia for the next 6-7 weeks.

He is definately in my prayers. Kuwait should still be pretty stable right now. I have not heard them in the news for a while

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
07-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm getting ready to send my husband to Kuwait and Mongolia for the next 6-7 weeks. :cry:

Please, if you have a spare moment, keep him in your prayers that he has a safe trip.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, BW :grouphug: Prayers and best wishes coming your way!

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
07-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Quoth Mags:

I'm eating Grandma Rhea! Yummy!!! Very Happy

Po grins, looks down and shakes his head.. muttering about the importance of proper punctuation...

must... resist.. straightline.... sigh... :lol:

s.

:snarf:
Great, more iced tea on the monitor.

Margaret
07-12-2005, 03:57 PM
/Maggie wakes up from her post breakfast nap and points to the pile of dirty plates and stacks of coffee mugs.

Granny told me to eat my breakfast! I did. It was yummy.

/walks out muttering about the pervy minded people in this here place.

(and I love you all for it!!!!!!! :P )

Branwen
07-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Oh, will this day EVER end?!?!?!?!? I am soooooooooo looking forward to my vacation in about 3 days 4 hours and 57 minutes. Not that I'm counting or anything. 50-60 hour work weeks can be very tiring & stressful. I think the first day that I am off I will make sure that my alarm clock to displaced into some other world other than mine. My luck will be that I wake up at 7am on my own & be unable to go back to sleep.

Buxom Wench
07-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Branwen, from recent experience, THROW THE ALARM CLOCK AWAY!!!!

I know, I know, a little drastic -- as for waking at 7am. without the alarm, try 5 am. NOT FUN.

Anyway, have a great vacation.

Branwen
07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Branwen, from recent experience, THROW THE ALARM CLOCK AWAY!!!!
Oh, don't tempt me. I really am begining to dislike the radio in the morning and I like music. LOTS of it. I'm just smart enough NOT to have it on buzzer alarm, or it may be thrown out the window the nano-second that it went off. I can just about tune out the radio, although I do have it rather LOUD in the mornings to get me up and it's rather hard to ignore a rather anoying song. If I ever hear The Reason again... :blech: :yuck: :irked: ......
Why must Radio Stations play the same song over & over & over again until you are so sick of it that you just want to give up on radio or music? I know that there are other songs that these bands made that can be played other than just ONE bloody song. :censored: :rant: :augh:

Okay minor rant over.

Myfanawy
07-12-2005, 07:14 PM
I've got you beat, at least for tomorrow (thank heavens this isn't the case on a regular basis...)

I have to be at work at 4:15 AM (we open at 5 AM), so that means I have to get up at 3. AAAAAAAAHHHH!!! I can NOT make myself go to bed at 9 PM! I just lie there awake, waiting for sleep to come...it finally does a few hours later. Well, at least I'm off at 9:45 AM, and can go home and crawl back into bed for a nap with the kitty!
--M

Buxom Wench
07-13-2005, 07:45 AM
*been busy in kitchen for the last 2 1/2 hours cooking & baking up a storm*

Good morning all !!
Word of warning, when I'm worried or bored, I cook.
When I'm worried AND bored, I cook and bake.
Guess what, even in this hot & humid weather, I've made enough goodies for a week.

Guess you are all the benafactors (sp?) of my emotions.

Let's see, we'll start with a mimosa (champagne & fresh squeesed OJ), then its on to the cheese and potato blintzes topped with a fresh strawberry or blueberry compote. Next is the bacon, sausage & ham. Omelets, lighter than thistle down. And of course, muffins, scones and danish. Milk, coffee, cappucino & tea are on the sideboard.

DO come back later for the cookies, brownies and other tasty treats for afternoon tea.

Have a ducky day dears :D

Margaret
07-13-2005, 08:33 AM
:shock: Ya know Bux, think I gained a pound or two from just reading that!!!

Dang. Now I'm hungry.....

Lady Sarah
07-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Damn.. I'm gonna have to be careful of what I eat ~L~ I'll grow out of bodices this way!

Yummmm all sounds wonderful! Good Morning Duckies!

po silvertop the rogue
07-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Po fades in...
FOOD! :lol:

Many Thanks, M'Lady Bux... and my best hopes for Thee & Thine!

(Munch, Munch, Munch... :D )

Ok.. Practicing two and three times a week- lost some weight- sped up the reflexes- even went out and picked up some of that miracle "underarmor"(Hot weather sports fabric to keep me cool)... Went out to my final fencing practice (before this weekend's big 7 Pearls championship tourney) last night... and beat each of my practice opponents 3 out of 5 bouts- Then jumped in the pool for a cool-down

I'm still gonna be o'ermatched at Saturday's actual tourney- but I hope to make a good showing, with honor.

Parry!

s.

Lady Laurel
07-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Good morning all.
Bux if you cook this much at home can I come live with you. :wink:
My brain is screaming I need coffe.

Buxom Wench
07-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Good morning all.
Bux if you cook this much at home can I come live with you. :wink:
My brain is screaming I need coffe.

Darlin', I DID make all this !

My husband left yesterday for Kuwait & Mongolia. After I dropped him at the airport, the first thing I heard on the radio was, "Have You Forgotten?" by Daryl Worley.
I don't know about all of you but, I had a bad feeling. :(

When he went to Kuwait & Iraq the last time, the first song on the radio I heard was, "Wish You Were Here" by Mark Wills. Less than 24 hours later, "we" went into Iraq. (my husband works for the company that supplies the RF radios for our troops and he was taking them to Kuwait prior to the invasion).

Then, at 2:37am, I woke up out of a sound sleep, cold sweat running down my spine.
THAT'S the reason for all the cooking and baking.

Be assured, I know in my heart he is and will be okay but, until he gets home, there's that little imp on my shoulder telling me otherwise. :?

Artemisia
07-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Mornin' All

Ah Mimosa! But it's only 11:00 in the morning! Ah, who cares... :drinkdrinkquackquack:

Extra :grouphug: for you Buxom.

Lady Sarah
07-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Then, at 2:37am, I woke up out of a sound sleep, cold sweat running down my spine.
THAT'S the reason for all the cooking and baking.

Be assured, I know in my heart he is and will be okay but, until he gets home, there's that little imp on my shoulder telling me otherwise. :?

I know it's no help, but the first week after my brother arrived in Baghdad, I rolled over at 430 for three mornings straight and heard news reports on the radio telling about bombing at the gates to Camp Victory and so many soldiers were wounded and killed. Luckily (and honestly not so luckily for the families and the servicemen) they were all marines and it was on the other side of the Green Zone from where my brother was.

Buxom Wench
07-13-2005, 11:19 AM
THANKS FOR THE HUGS EVERYONE. :D

THEY ARE MUCH APPRECIATED. :D

ambar
07-13-2005, 12:09 PM
BTW....not long until we move to our new thread!

http://www.comics.com/comics/kitncarlyle/archive/images/kitncarlyle2052321050712.gif

Artemisia
07-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Now that Buxom has everyone in a ducky mood, I elect ducks be in the title or at least made reference to...

::rounds up the llamas and ducks:: Get ready for our new home, guys!

ambar
07-13-2005, 01:03 PM
I seem to recall Po had a suggested title for the new thread. Does anyone remember what it was?

po silvertop the rogue
07-13-2005, 01:15 PM
I seem to recall Po had a suggested title for the new thread. Does anyone remember what it was?

How could *Thou*- of all folk- forget, M'Lady Kitty-kat?

Nefariousness 101

Parry!

s.

ambar
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
<dodge, spin, thrust>

Sorry luv, I've slept since then :D

mstarfire
07-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Starting to pack up some of the kitchen supplies and clean up the drool mats, so all is nice and clean for our new home.

Hrm, I want chocolate.

Margaret
07-13-2005, 07:46 PM
We could call it Nefariousness 101, with a side of Duck :lol:

Myfanawy
07-14-2005, 01:12 AM
We could call it Nefariousness 101, with a side of Duck :lol:

Good one...or:

The Nefarious Nature of Ducks (has a nice ring to it!)
Sorry, just got back from Kon Tiki (where we consumed Scorpions with dinner...there's a reason that drink has that name. Carry on.) :roll:
--M

Buxom Wench
07-14-2005, 07:15 AM
* shyly raises hand *

Just a suggestion.......

Nefarious Duckiness ?

Sounds a little cheeky, doesn't it :wink:

mstarfire
07-14-2005, 08:26 AM
Good Morning, All!

Hrm, Looks like we need munchies. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, tea, cocoa, cereal, oatmeal, various toppings and fresh cut fruit. Yeah, that'll do for a start.

Dig in!

mstarfire
07-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Oh, how about " Nefaroius llamas and ducks and dragons"

Margaret
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
*snerf*

Well we have until page 69 to decide. Sure we will come up with something by then. :D

Morning all!!

po silvertop the rogue
07-14-2005, 09:22 AM
*They're HERE*

White boxes.... Green lettering and logo...

Stacked right next to my desk.... Staring at me... :lol:

Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince...

Guard the books, guard the books!

:lol:

s.

Branwen
07-14-2005, 09:59 AM
*They're HERE*

White boxes.... Green lettering and logo...

Stacked right next to my desk.... Staring at me...

Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince...

Guard the books, guard the books!

I can't quite remember, when do they go on sale again? Are you going to get a chance to start reading the book before they go on sale? Not that I want any hints as to what is in the book, just a bit courious. I can wait until they go on sale.

Well, only 2 more days before I start vacation. 12 hours today & 8.5 hours on Friday. I keep getting asked if I'm going anywhere, I don't have any plans other than NOT go to work. Have a wonderful day all. I'll :lurking: when I can.

po silvertop the rogue
07-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Quoth M'Lady Branwen:
I can't quite remember, when do they go on sale again? Are you going to get a chance to start reading the book before they go on sale?

On sale 12:01 am Saturday morning... Just after midnight Fri. nite... (We're having a release party and selling them after midnight...)

as for getting a sneak peek.. Well.... *Someone* has to open the boxes and receive the books.... :twisted:

Receive the books, receive the books!

s.

Margaret
07-14-2005, 10:24 AM
~plot and plan to distract Po from the books~

steal the books, steal the books!!!

ambar
07-14-2005, 10:27 AM
::starts fluffing and looking at Po::
Embrassez-moi ?

po silvertop the rogue
07-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Heh, heh, heh...

s.

Artemisia
07-14-2005, 10:40 AM
(Hehe, Mags Karma is a 69...)

Morning All

Well, it's official. My daughter is moving out tomorrow. Helping her pack and all. Moving 2 hours south to Jersey into her first apartment. She's all grown up.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/theartemis/raquel.jpg

We're distracting Po now? (Tells daughter to leave the room...)
::refills wooden mug with strawberries and pulls out feather fan::

Ciani
07-14-2005, 10:48 AM
oooh books! The outdoor mall near me is supposedly recreating Diagon Alley down one of the streets for the release. I'm seriously tempted to go and see it. But I'll want to buy a book if I do. And I've already ordered my copy. Still.. I want to cavort in Diagon Alley!

po silvertop the rogue
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Po opens boxes to receive books.. and to allow the newspaper photographer to shoot pics of the book against a backdrop of the boxes...

Hmm.. Distract Po, would you?

Wenches..... Books........ hmmm... Wenches.... Books.... :twisted:

Po continues to muse as he opens boxes of special editions and audio-books...

hmmmm....

Po forcibly restrains himself from reading more than the first page... :lol:

s.

ambar
07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
::walks slowly toward Po swaying side to side as she fans herself with her feather fan smiling at Po::

::As I draw near, I close the fan and stroke you cheek softly smiling into your eyes::

<<quick mags, grab the books>>

po silvertop the rogue
07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Well...
*That* was a fun lunchtime.. and such *interesting* reading too... (heh, heh, heh...)

s.

Myfanawy
07-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Careful, po....JKR may come after you for comments like that!

Hehe...I requested the day off work just so I can sit there and read it!
--M

mstarfire
07-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I just brought home 3 cases of Martin's mead from Sterling, in 6 or 7 different flavors. I was going to save them for a special event.... but......
Hrm, seducing Po, getting him quite drunk and running off with a few HP's? That could work... :twisted:

Artos O'Dalriada
07-15-2005, 01:49 AM
House Fangorn will be getting that new Potter book in our clutches this weekend, and, we're doing a lil release promo type thing for it down here at the Park City Mall. Mini #1 is taking the part of Harry Potter, mini#2 is Draco, mini #3 is an anonymous Gryffyndor (sp?) student, not sure if mini #4 is gonna do anything, I myself shall be Snape. Phee may also join in the fun, not sure though. All the fun happens Friday night (tonight), from 9pm to 12am, I believe. Don't quote me on the time though. now, to concoct a believable story as to why Professor Snape has a blonde streak in his hair, a mustache and goatee.......:P

Myfanawy
07-15-2005, 02:09 AM
He's going for a new look. That's one of the spoilers the people who got their hands on a copy early are spreading, at least....
--Myf

Dedeley
07-15-2005, 06:09 AM
Ok, dang that work and life (trees falling in yard, you don't want to know the story) for getting in the way of my board reading.

Biker, you sure produce nice children! Hope you're well. Keep counting down to that retirement.

Bux, your husband is in my prayers. (We flew to England on the day that the US invaded Iraq - great day to travel!)

Magsie, I lurves you! And I lurves ALL of you and misses you!

AND ONE MORE DAY TILL HARRY POTTER COMES OUT!! WOOT! My pre-ordered copy is wending its way here as we speak. Po the Pettable - how's it look, how's it look??[/u]

Margaret
07-15-2005, 06:46 AM
now, to concoct a believable story as to why Professor Snape has a blonde streak in his hair, a mustache and goatee.......:P

/goes all glassy eyed at the thought of Snape with a goatee and mustache....

oooohhhhh. Dat would be pretty. Yes, I have a thing for Snape. The canon character of Snape has always been one of the more interesting ones and then Alan Rickman when and played Snape in the movies and it was all over. DAMN that man (Rickman) has a voice.

Artos, you could say that Snape got hit with a hex or jinx that made him grow the facial hair and the blonde streak. Hope you guys have fun tonight!! :D

Margaret
07-15-2005, 06:51 AM
(Hehe, Mags Karma is a 69...)

Well shucky darn and slop the chickens, will ya look at that! :D

And Arte - congrats to your daughter and her big move. How's da mama dealing with it?

My mom said she couldn't wait until I moved out (we were not having issues or anything - I got a job and it was time for me to grow up too). But when I did, she went and cryed in my room because I was gone.

Buxom Wench
07-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Good morning All !!!

Good news, hubby is on-line with me as I write this. :D

Of all things, I'm here in the states worrying about him and where has HE been?!?!

The MALL and, are you ready for this??

ICE SKATING,....... in KUWAIT!! :twisted:

Anyway, I have made another fantastic buffet for all of you, to keep up your energy waiting for Harry Potter. :D

Fresh blueberry scones, black raspberry scones (berries picked from my yard :D ), muffins, danish, omelets, crispy bacon, sausage, roasted potatos, Belgium waffles, juicec, coffe & tea. ENJOY everyone!!

po silvertop the rogue
07-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Quoth M'Lady Dedeley:
Po the Pettable - how's it look, how's it look??[/u]
MMmmmmm.. up to p.150 for lunch.... YUM! I'll get at least again that far for lunch today...

Lookin' good.. reads *very* good.... even "Wow!"

Quoth M'Lady MStarfire:
Hrm, seducing Po, getting him quite drunk and running off with a few HP's? That could work...

Po sits back, expectantly... and snags a Tea (Thanks M'Lady Bux!)

<heh, heh, heh...> Just Remember- I NEED to be capable of fencing tomorrow morn... to meet my doom. :lol:

Talk about "unfair"... Due to travelling to this tourney, I'm *not* working the HP release party- so I won't be able to get back to and FINISH the book until Sun. or Mon. :roll:

Off to the Bookshop! ( HP6: T- Minus just over 16 Hours and counting... 7 Pearls: T-Minus 24 hours, and counting!)

Sell the books, sell the books! (...and one book in particular!)

s.

Branwen
07-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
I start my vacation this afternoon @ 5:31p CST!!!!!! I'm going to go see a few movies, wait for a book to be released, NOT worry or even go back to work until AUGUST!!!!!! Let's see, a wine shopping trip to Fredricksburg, a trip to the Coast (as long as Emily is nice), maybe a theme park or two, a trip to Houston, perhaps Dallas (don't know yet), movies, reading, a little bit of gardening, some sun & lot of relaxation & fun!!!
I pre-ordered my copy of HP, I just can't remember what store that I pre-ordered it at. I guess I'll have to make a few phone calls.

Winifred Baskerville
07-15-2005, 08:51 AM
I pre-ordered my copy too, but to save me a few bucks I got that Super Saver Shipping thing, so I won't get my copy until Monday or Tuesday. Ah, well. Good thing I don't mind spoilers. *grin* I read the last page first, anyway...

WinB

Margaret
07-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Ya know who I can wait to find out what happens to him. Neville. I just think he's going to become a powerhouse of a wizzard. See, here's the thing; in SS we find out when Harry goes to get his first wand that "The wand chooses the wizzard, the wizard does not choose the wand." <sidebar: not sure if that is a canon quote, but it is stressed in the movie>. Then, in OOTP we find out that Neville has been using his father's wand - which was broken in the last fight at the MOM. What is going to happen now that Neville is going to get a wand that chooses him.....

Ciani
07-15-2005, 09:23 AM
someone posted what appeared to be a page of the book on my livejournal friends list this morning :( without warning. Damnit, that's so inconsiderate. *sigh*

but in better news.. i had the best buffalo wings for dinner last night.

Lady Sarah
07-15-2005, 09:56 AM
I pre-ordered my copy too, but to save me a few bucks I got that Super Saver Shipping thing, so I won't get my copy until Monday or Tuesday. Ah, well. Good thing I don't mind spoilers. *grin* I read the last page first, anyway...

WinB

I did that with OorP.. We were walking through Target, my neice and I, the morning after the release. She was pushing the cart, I was flipping through the pages. I wanted to find out who died. I cried in the middle of the aisle while my neice looked around as if to say "I am *not* related to her." Funny thing is, she did the same thing when she got to that point in the story. I just gloated knowingly.

I'm taking her to the Release Party tonight at B&N. I have a feeling I'll be sleeping in my Fettucine tomorrow night at dinner ~L~

Winifred Baskerville
07-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Ya know who I can wait to find out what happens to him. Neville. I just think he's going to become a powerhouse of a wizzard. See, here's the thing; in SS we find out when Harry goes to get his first wand that "The wand chooses the wizzard, the wizard does not choose the wand." <sidebar: not sure if that is a canon quote, but it is stressed in the movie>. Then, in OOTP we find out that Neville has been using his father's wand - which was broken in the last fight at the MOM. What is going to happen now that Neville is going to get a wand that chooses him.....

Oooh... Good point. Maybe that's also why he hasn't been all that great with magic so far-the same thing happened to Ron, who had been using his brother's wand until the start of PoA (I think. My cousin still has my copy of that and GoF. They're packed in a box, and I won't see them until they buy a house and move in. *grumble*).

WinB, kicking herself for not having regular shipping. Still, saved five bucks... that's a meal, or enough PB&J to last a couple weeks. Decisions, decisions...

pngwnmama
07-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Morning all! Checking in before I head off to the bookstore in preparation for the release party. I will post piccies of the rit's and our version of Snape. Still wondering who Phee is going to be. As for me~ I am the student who never graduated! lol

mstarfire
07-15-2005, 11:16 AM
/Starfire looks through wine rack at the different flavors of mead and tries to decide which tempt Po with first/

Having tea, hummm? Peach goes good with tea, but then so does raspberry, strawberry, pear and apple. Ah, why not. Open one of each for now! We will save the dry, semi-sweet and sweet for this afternoon. :D

Winifred Baskerville
07-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Was just notified by Amazon that my order of HBP has been shipped; should arrive at the Allen Park post office later today, in the Dearborn one tomorrow, and my house by Monday. I'll just have to find a rock to hide under until then.

WinB

WenchyMom
07-15-2005, 02:04 PM
mine will be here tomorrow!! yea me, plus because (& no one is allowed to yell at me) my HP books went missing (between 3 moves) I've had to go out and buy them all over again, went to Amazon.com and found 1-5 in paperback w/ a box for 23 dollars hubby said get it!!! so that'll be coming shortly also, going to be a good friend and let my best friends read 6 first then I'll read after I get 1-5 in and read. I just have to finish the LHK books now. yay!!

Artos O'Dalriada
07-15-2005, 02:12 PM
One thing I like about tossin newspapers, I get to sleep until 1:30 and 2:00 in the afternoon. One thing I don't like is having to drive in torrential downpours like this morning's. The lightning was pretty though. Can't wait for tonight. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Gotta practice the perpetual scowl. I think I'll be stopping unsuspecting visitors to the release tonight and quizzing them. *evil grin*

Branwen
07-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Okay, the fates must be pleased with me today. I woke up early this morning despite being able to sleep 30 minutes longer, since my alarm had not gone off yet. I got ready for work, and was able to park reasonably close to the building. Today felt like a GOOD day. During my first break I went downstairs to get $ out of "Aunty Em", & a person was selling stuff for the Leukemia Society. I decided to purchase $5 of raffle tickets for a car care gift basket & some other stuff. I ended up "donating" $10.00 to the Society. I went back upstairs got back on the phones (mind you I have a rather nasty case of Laryngitis again). About 30 minutes later a co-worker came up to me & told me that I won the gift basket. COOL 8) . She delivered it to me & everyone was asking me to wash their vehicles. I said that I had everything that I needed to have my COUSIN wash my car & then some. I took my last break @ 4ish. Around 5 my manager came up & said that I could leave 3 minutes early today since I was going on vacation. I said, cool. I can log off the phone @ 5:27p instead of 5:30p. She asked what time I was to leave for the day & I told her 5:30p. She said that she would let me log off 30 minutes early instead & I can start my vacation early today.The best thing is I still get paid for the 30 minutes that I was able to leave early. So I high tailed it over to B&N & got my wrist band & now I'm just waiting for 12:01a, might even go see a movie while I'm waiting. I really LOVE vacation about now.

Dedeley
07-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Good thing I don't mind spoilers. *grin* I read the last page first, anyway...

Me, too! Guilty! I claim that it's to "see how the writer crafts the story to arrive at the ending," but it's really just curiosity.

BTW, ladies, there are lots of Gerry Butler items on Ebay if you do a search on Phantom of the Opera. :D

Artemisia
07-16-2005, 12:01 PM
And Arte - congrats to your daughter and her big move. How's da mama dealing with it? My mom said she couldn't wait until I moved out (we were not having issues or anything - I got a job and it was time for me to grow up too). But when I did, she went and cryed in my room because I was gone.

Most of the family helped her move in yesterday. She's a little scared but mostly excited. I think she was up to the wee hours of the morning putting her new kitchen stuff away.

Her room has been officially empty for 24 hours now. Hasn't hit me yet. ::looks overhead:: Where's that shoe? :wink:

Great beginning to your vacation Branwen! My thoughts are still with your hubby Buxom. Boy, Po - the publishing company should be proud of you. All these wenches trying to distract you and still you stood guard of the books - what a Sheriff!

Artos O'Dalriada
07-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Well, apparently we had a successful release for HP last night. mini #1 (Harry), and mini #2 (Draco) had an entourage of little teeny boppers following them around ooh-ing and ahhh-ing over them. Even I had a few comments, one of which goes as follows "Holy crap it's Snape! What's he doing here?" and of course two that went something like this " Oh....my...god......you soooo look like Johnny Depp!" and "yo! it's johnny depp! (kid's friend) "no it isn't, he just looks like depp, moron." Dull at times it was, but had alot of fun too. The boys had a blast, and so did the crowd that was there. So, it all turned out ok.

Winifred Baskerville
07-16-2005, 11:28 PM
My HBP arrived today! Really, really, really happy! Going to read it now... Bye!

Buxom Wench
07-17-2005, 08:31 AM
:D Good Sunday Morning All !!! :D

I hope you all had a great Saturday, reading all about Harry Potter.

I'm going to be a little lazy this morning and only set out muffins, scones, coffee & tea. :(

Please do forgive the lapse in creativity this morn. I finally had the heat and humidity hit me yesterday and it took all I had just to roll out of bed.

Have a wonderful Sunday !!! :D

Buxom Wench
07-18-2005, 08:47 AM
:cry: How sad that no one was here to eat the scones and muffins yesterday :cry:

Oh well, I understand how that happens. I can get involved in a book and just forget the rest of the world. I've even been known to get a trilogy (buy them as they're published but wait until I own all 3) and read from beginning of book 1 to the end of book 3 and not eat, sleep or have contact with the "outside" world. -- I've even turned off my cell phone :shock: .

Ok, now that that's off my chest, here is a lovely breakfast for all of you who need re-energizing (Lady Laurel, you may need this especially after your weekend- read the other post :D )

Can I interest anyone in raspberry, blueberry or peach scones, carrot, chocolate chip or cinnamom muffins, eggs, potatos, bacon, sausage, quiche, juice, coffee, milk & tea?

DO enjoy the buffet and come back after 2pm for a wonderful tea with delicious treats. :D

Winifred Baskerville
07-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Ooh, Bacon! Yum! Thanks, Bux!

po silvertop the rogue
07-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Po fades in...

FOOD! :D
Huzzah and Vivat the Chef! Thanks, M'Lady Bux.!!

Sigh... I went from being the frontrunner to reading HP6- to being the last person on the planet to finish.. I was at the Tourney all weekend and unable to read....

Never mind- I'm *famished!* --Po descends upon the buffet table like a swarm of locusts.. or like a Rogue upon delicacies- more to the point.... :wink:

Sell the books! Recover from the weekend!

s.

Artemisia
07-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Morning All

::grabs eggs, bacon, potatoes and coffee while she still can::

Well, been working on my Italian dress all weekend. Had to tear out the front of it because it had only cord boning, looked awful and had no support. Need to sew chemises, pack orders, scrub the mildew off and waterproof the tent if it ever stops raining - all before August 8th.

Pack for Pennsic, pack for Pennsic!

rosefaeries
07-18-2005, 12:16 PM
OOh blueberry scones. Mmmmm. Grabs one.

I get to go down the mountain today. Found a ride to my post op appointments. Then she is even going to take me shopping. I am so going to enjoy this. New clothes. (I have lost more weight . So far I have lost the equivalent of a person the size of my 9 yo)

rosefaeries
07-18-2005, 12:19 PM
OOh blueberry scones. Mmmmm. Grabs one.

I get to go down the mountain today. Found a ride to my post op appointments. Then she is even going to take me shopping. I am so going to enjoy this. New clothes. (I have lost more weight . So far I have lost the equivalent of a person the size of my 9 yo)

Myfanawy
07-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Hook me up with a peach scone and some of that quiche! A cup of Earl Grey wouldn't hurt either...thanks!
--Myf

Margaret
07-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Going to be busy these next few weeks - special projects at work and then the 'normal' routein of work is gonna keep me hopping.

A busy Wench is a happy Wench....

Lady Laurel
07-19-2005, 10:37 AM
A busy Wench is a happy Wench....

Isn't that the truth.
Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday :!:

po silvertop the rogue
07-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Po fades in...

Hail, gang!
--Sorry for the absence- between HP6 and the 7 Pearls Tourney- it's been an *interesting past few days... (oh- the *stories* I could tell.. :lol: )

s.

ambar
07-19-2005, 11:05 AM
::looks at Po grinning:: Do tell sir........ <wicked grin>

po silvertop the rogue
07-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Quoth M'Lady Kitty-Kat:
::looks at Po grinning:: Do tell sir........ <wicked grin>

..well, for starters... Their Most Royal Sylvan Majesties of Aethelmearc took it upon themselves to grant an Award of Arms to a disreputable swashbooklin' rogue in an ambush at Court...

..and Obviously I spent a sizable chunk of Saturday competing in the 7 Pearls Tourney- competing against the other 6 Baronial rapier champions throughout the kingdom...

..and I did manage to add a few moments of Roguish mischeviousness to most of the day... :lol: :twisted: :wink: (remember the Kingdom-level Marshal I Rogued in Feb? I misbehaved again.... heh, heh, heh...)

s.

Margaret
07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
..and I did manage to add a few moments of Roguish mischeviousness to most of the day... :lol: :twisted: :wink: (remember the Kingdom-level Marshal I Rogued in Feb? I misbehaved again.... heh, heh, heh...)

As we hope and expect that you should do, dear Sir. :wink:

po silvertop the rogue
07-19-2005, 12:49 PM
To briefly refresh the memory- last Feb. when I was trying to earn my Marshal’s Warrant, I first encountered the Kingdom’s Marshal of Fencing.. and *gomez’d* her arm after she killed me on the listfield- whereupon she called for her Lord and Husband (another well-known for his prowess fencer), who promptly also killed me in a particularly flamboyant death scene. (and less than a week later- she contacted me and issued me that Marshal’s Warrant!)

Well, this same Kingdom Marshal of Fence was presiding over my first tourney-bout this weekend... against the Baronial Champion from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain (West Virginia).. a young lady. <grin>

After the introductions and the Honors- when Blackstone’s champion stepped towards me to shake my hand- I lifted her wrist to my helm as if to kiss it... and softly, under her breath- so the spectators would not hear it- the presiding Marshal murmured:
.....”Just FENCE, Po... JUST fence.....” :twisted: :wink: :lol:

s.

ambar
07-19-2005, 01:00 PM
::kibbey hits the ground rolling and laughing hard:: Po, luv, sounds like you had a GREAT weekend!!

po silvertop the rogue
07-19-2005, 01:06 PM
... then while kneeling before Their Majesties in Court later that evening- after receiving the Award of Arms.. when Their Majesties took my hands to raise me up and congratulate me..
.. I took Her Majesty's hand- raised it to my lips.. and *paused*...
At least a dozen people must have had the same fear in their minds: "Oh No! Po's about to Gomez the Queen!" :twisted:

Heh. heh. heh.