PDA

View Full Version : Llamas, Alpacas and Wolves, Oh My!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ambar
06-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Welcome to our shiny new highjacking thread!

::puts out a brunch cart with coffee and tea::

Ciani
06-07-2005, 12:22 PM
I used to live near a llama farm. I never went to visit the llamas though. How sad.

Did anyone have anything tasty for lunch?

RichardMacHugely
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Yes. I had llama. Very tasty with mint jelly.

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm on my way to lunch. I've got a bowl of soup and a book waiting on me.

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Welcome to our shiny new highjacking thread!

::puts out a brunch cart with coffee and tea::

Ambar, did you remember to make the floors drool-proof for when you again post photos of hunky men in kilts and tights?

I don't think the insurance will cover it if we have people sliding all over the place, 'specially if Po & Cap'n Morghan duel with steel in here :lol:

Miracle Wench
06-07-2005, 12:40 PM
For lunch a big bottle of water to go with hour of cardio.
oh how I hate to exercise butt I love the end results :lol:

ambar
06-07-2005, 12:41 PM
You know......good point!

::lays out the drool proof mats and sets up the chaos corner for Po's poofing::

::looks around and adds mood lighting and pillows scattered around the floor for all the fainting::

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-07-2005, 12:42 PM
There was a llama farm where I lived in Dillon, MT... They were very strange looking critters next to all those cattle. Lovely, but strange... you'd see all the cattle and then a field of llamas and then more cattle.

Ohhhh, lamb with mint jelly is wonderful. I think for lunch I am either going to go out for Thai food, or perhaps I'll finish off my Lamb, Beef & Chicken Biryani that is leftover from the other night. Hmmm, if I get rolling, Pad Thai sounds great.

Tap ;~D

Ciani
06-07-2005, 12:49 PM
For lunch a big bottle of water to go with hour of cardio.
oh how I hate to exercise butt I love the end results :lol:

True. My gym membership is being wasted.. I really need to get back there! Hopefully now that it's summer a. less people will be there, and b. I won't keep catching colds from everyone else because they won't be sick anymore. It was getting a little crazy.

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-07-2005, 12:49 PM
You know......good point!

::lays out the drool proof mats and sets up the chaos corner for Po's poofing::

LOL!!! OMG!!!

"Poofing"? "POOFING"!? :lol: Oh don't let *him* hear you say that or he might just put thee in the stocks for 30 days! LOL!

He flirts, he rogues, he swashbuckles, but one thing he does *not* do is go POOF! :lol:

ambar
06-07-2005, 12:52 PM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php

For all the new folks!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgers.php
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/gollum.php
http://www.thefifthdistrict.com/potter/

ambar
06-07-2005, 12:53 PM
LOL!!! OMG!!!

"Poofing"? "POOFING"!? :lol: Oh don't let *him* hear you say that or he might just put thee in the stocks for 30 days! LOL!

He flirts, he rogues, he swashbuckles, but one thing he does *not* do is go POOF! :lol:

Yes he does. He appears in a poof of smoke, right? He poofs. :twisted:

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-07-2005, 12:57 PM
LOL!!! OMG!!!

Yes he does. He appears in a poof of smoke, right? He poofs. :twisted:

Yup, yer right, just like a Vegas magician.

I knew what you meant but I had to play off of that anyway! :giggle:

Alright time to drag my arse back to work...

Anon!

RichardMacHugely
06-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Well, if you guys want to talk Llamas, have I got a story for you. A couple of years ago, I was involved with the meteoric rise and tragic fall of a mostly llama rock and roll group. The complete story can be found at

http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=51842,

but the highlights are included below:

Posted: 02 Aug 2002 17:16

This Just In from the World of Entertainment:

Reprinted with permission from the pages of Dromedary Musician Magazine (DMM):
Dateline: Harrisburg, PA

Popular Musical Duo Calls it Quits.

Tears are flowing like spring floodwaters here along the verdant banks of the mighty Susquehanna River at the news that the legendary musical pairing of Pepe and Minardil have decided to dissolve their longstanding partnership and pursue individual careers.

DMM spoke to Pepe on the spacious verandah of his penthouse apartment overlooking the pulsating musical district of Second Street, Harrisburg.

DMM: Pepe, you’re a llama.

Pepe: The word is pronounced “yahma”. But I prefer to be called a Dromedary-American.

DMM: Of course. As a Dromedary-American, how did you first become interested in traditional Scottish Bagpipe music?

Pepe: I was born in the Andes mountains. This is very rugged territory, with steep and broken terrain. I loved it very much. Then one day I heard some tourists at the petting zoo where I worked talking about the “Highlands”. I figured, to be named in this way, these lands must be very HIGH indeed, no? So I stowed aboard a tramp steamer bound for Aberdeen.

DMM: And you fell in love with the mountains of Scotland?

Pepe: No. Have you seen the mountains of Scotland? Beautiful, yes. But HIGH? Huh, they are barely higher than these so-called Appalachian Mountains here. Puh. Feed me a bushel of yams and I can build you a higher mountain range. But the music, oh the heavenly bagpipe music. I felt as if I had found my calling.

DMM: And you have been playing ever since?

Pepe: Yes. About six weeks now.

DMM: That’s not much time to practice. I understand the Pipes are very difficult to learn.

Pepe: This is true. But most people cannot tell the difference between a GOOD Piper and a BAD Piper. I figure, what they don’t know. . .

DMM: We understand. Now tell us about your partnership with Minardil. Your first collaboration was a fusion of Scottish and Jewish musical traditions. . .

Pepe: Yes. We called that album “Haggis Schmaggis”.

DMM: It was an immediate sensation. Your follow-up release was the wildly popular Reggae-flavored disk, “No more thistles for me, mon.”

Pepe: We did that one just for summer. We wanted something with a real beach party flair.

DMM: Some critics have claimed that Minardil’s ripping tuba solo on “Dub Rasta Polka” is the highlight of the album.

Pepe: They are entitled to their opinion.

DMM: The breakup, Pepe. Why now? You’re just about to release your third album in five weeks, the Zydeco Dance Hall inspired “Bayou Boogie: Put your lips on it and blow”. Pepe and Minardil are the hottest inter-species act since Wilbur and Mr. Ed. Why throw it all away now?

Pepe: Frankly, I need to grow as a musician. I need to stretch my musical legs. . .

DMM: All four of them?

Pepe: Yes. And there is, quite frankly, only so much you can do with the combination of Pipes and Tuba. Working with Minardil has been great, but I think I have explored the totality of the music he and I can make together. It’s time to move on.

DMM: Well, thank you for your time, Pepe. And I love the kilt.

Pepe: You’re welcome. Would you care to stay for some chicken? Chef is doing it in a lovely creamy paprika mushroom sauce.

DMM: No thank you.

Pepe: We’re having funnel cake and deep fried snickers bars for desert.

Although intrigued by the offer, I had to meet Minardil, so I lifted myself out of the innertube in which I’d been sitting, and headed downtown. I found Minardil just outside Beastworld Studios, where he and Pepe have been laying down the final tracks for their latest album.

DMM: Minardil, Dromedary Musician Magazine. Can we ask you a few questions.

Minardil: Well okay, just a couple, but I’m in a real hurry.

DMM: Of course. First, how do you feel about the breakup of Pepe and Minardil?

Minardil: How do I feel about what now?

DMM: About Pepe going off on his own to pursue a solo career?

Minardil: WHAT? Murry! MURRY!! You get that whooly ba$T&Rd on the phone now!!!

DMM: I take it this is news to you.

Minardil: Who needs him. I’m a TUBA PLAYER dammit. There’s always work out there for a talented tubaist. He wants out? Well good riddance to bad garbage, I say. Let him out. I’ll do just fine on my own. He wants a solo career? Well so do I. I’ll show him. Look at Art Garfunkle and Ringo Starr and . . .that. . .other guy from Wham! They did okay, right? Well so can I.

And there you have it. Standing in the street outside Beastworld Studios, I felt as if I was a witness to history. One era has passed, the Age of Pepe and Minardil. But another musical day is dawning, and I can’t help but wonder what it will bring.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Posted: 16 Aug 2002 17:06

From the Pages of Dromedary Musician Magazine:

Dateline, Harrisburg, PA

Tears are flowing once again along the sun-baked shores of the mighty Susquehanna, but this time, they are Tears of Joy!

In answer to the prayers of Tuba and Bagpipe afficianados everywhere, Pepe and Minardil, the world famous duo who stormed to the top of the Gaelic/Oompah charts before announcing their breakup to shocked fans just weeks ago, have agreed to reunite for a whirlwind world tour.

DMM caught up with the pair at the Camp Hill Petting Zoo, where Pepe was on his coffee break.

Minardil: Would you hold still, you big ox, I have to cut this gum out of your fur.

Pepe: Damn those infernal rugrats.

DMM: Pepe, Minardil, Dromedary Musician Magazine, can I ask you a few questions?

Pepe: Sure. Ouch, watch that.

Minardil: Sorry. Cut a little too close to the hide on that one.

DMM: Pepe, I’ll start with you, if that’s okay.

Pepe: Go ahead.

DMM: First, you’re a llama.

Pepe: Yes, yes, I’m a llama dammit, I thought we covered that last time. What are your questions?

DMM: Just weeks ago, you broke up the act. Why are you getting back together now?

Pepe: I was not in a good place then, you understand? I’d lost sight of what was important. I started living for the parties, the free sex, the money. I forgot is was supposed to be about THE MUSIC, man. You know?

DMM: Not to mention, within days of leaving the group, you were reduced to working at a Petting Zoo for peanuts. Literally, for peanuts that children would toss at you through the bars of your cage.

Pepe: What’s you’re point? It’s honest work! Hey, that’s the last time man. Watch those scissors. I swear it’s like working with Sweeney Todd, here.

DMM: Minardil, over to you. Within two days of the breakup of Pepe and Minardil, you put out a solo Tuba album, “Base of Bass.” It was an international sensation, selling literally dozens of copies all over the world. You must feel great.

Minardil: Well, I certainly feel vindicated. I’ve always known that I had the chops to make it as a solo artist, but I have to tell you, there’s nothing like being part of a team.

DMM: But with your new-found solo success, you can be said to be the new “front man” for the group. Any plans to change the name from “Pepe and Minardil?”

Minardil: Well, when Pepe first came crawling back, I’m sorry, when he approached me about reforming the band, I considered changing the name to “Minardil and the Lousy Backstabbing Wooly Scumbag”, but upon careful consideration, we’ve decided to go with “Minardil and the Bagpiping Llama.”

Pepe: Yah-ma!

Minardil: Whatever. Eat your yams.

DMM: Pepe, was it difficult for you to make the choice to re-pair with Minardil, given your history and his skyrocketing solo career?

Pepe: I suppose it might have been, but I have this new girlfriend. She’s a llama from a Japanese zoo. Her name is Yoko.

DMM: Oh no.

Pepe: No, just Yoko. Anyway, she convinced me that reforming the band would be most harmonious.

DMM: So, tell us about the tour.

Minardil: We’re planning a huge open-air concert. Free, no admission!

DMM: Oh, like Simon and Garfunkel’s concert in Central Park!

Pepe: Sort of, but we’re doing ours on the third level of the Strawberry Square Parking Garage here in Harrisburg.

DMM: Did you say the Third Level? Why not the top?

Minardil: It’s been DONE, man! Ever see U2 in Vegas? We were also planning a tour of shopping malls. . .

Pepe: But Yoko said that would be sooo Tiffany. . .

Minardil: That’s right. YOKO said. What Yoko says goes.

Pepe: You got something against Yoko?

Minardil: Nothing, but she’s not part of the BAND, man!

Pepe: I’ll show you who’s part of the Band!

On that note, Pepe spit in Minardil’s eye and went back to work in the llama pen at the Petting Zoo.

Minadil: He’ll be back. He probably does this twice a day.

So there you have it music fans! Tune up your pipes and tubas, because Pepe and Minardil, whoops, sorry, Minardil and the Bagpiping Llama, are BACK!

Well, after Minardil and Pepe got back together, the band went through some changes. We added Pepe’s girlfriend, Yokollama to the act, and his talentless cousin Stu too. We tried to come up with a new name: I wanted “Minardil and some llamas”. Yokollama and Pepe wanted “Yokollama Mama and the Papas”. Stu wanted us to call ourselves “The Stu-Peds”, a name which everyone hated. We finally decided to call ourselves “Ted”.

Our story continues. . .

Posted: 04 Sep 2002 13:13

This just in from the world of entertainment:

From the Pages of Dromedary Musician Monthly, your source for Llamapalooza updates!

Dateline: Blaine, Perry County, Pennsylvania.

Excitement is running at a fever pitch these days, as the 2002 Llamapalooza Tour officially kicks off in the verdant hills of Central Pennsylvania, Llama Music Capitol of the World! Dromedary Musician Monthly was offered a rare chance to go behind the scenes of this legendary travelling festival to get up close and personal with your favorite artists.

This year's tour includes some of the truly great names of llama music, but no group has generated more excitement around here than the band called, simply, Ted.

We caught up with Minardil, Ted's Lead Tuba player, as he kicked back in his trailer following Ted's smash opening performance of the festival.

DMM: Minardil, Harry Llama here, from Dromedary Musician Monthly, may we have a few words?

Minardil: Certainly, Harry. Come on in. I was just enjoying some funnel cake and deep fried snickers, would you like something?

DMM: No thank you.

Minardil: Then let's get this interview started.

DMM: Right. First, Minardil, let me be perfectly clear for our readers; You are NOT a llama.

Minardil: That's right. I am a human being.

DMM: And yet you perform with an all llama band.

Minardil: Well, we try not to think of ourselves as llamas and non-llamas. We're musicians, you know, and when we're all on stage together, jammin' out; me playing my Tuba, Pepe squeezing his pipes, Yokollama strokin' her sitar, and Stu really bashing the cr&p out of his old tin can; those artificial differences between us, like who has wooly fur and who doesn't, who walks on four legs and who walks on two, just melt away man, and we all become, like, ONE in the Music.

DMM: That's beautiful. But do you have that same relationship with any of the other llama's on the tour? I've heard that there is some tension. . . .

Minardil: It's true. Some of the other llamas are distrustful of me. They call me a Poser, and a Llamawannabee, but you have to let that stuff roll off your back, you know?

DMM: Have you formed friendships with any of the other groups?

Minardil: Well, I did meet the guys from 2LCrew. . .

DMM: You mean the Llama Boy Band?!

Minardil: That's right. They were on stage rehearsing their big dromedary love song. .

DMM: One Hump or Two?

Minardil: That's the one. Say, you must be a big fan. . .

DMM: Well, uh, no, um, my little girl, that's right, my daughter is a HUGE fan. .

Minardil: Anyway, they were on stage going through the choreography to the music, you know, and I whipped out my tenor travel tuba and started playing along, just free-form jamming with them. I gotta tell ya, these guys just freaked out!

DMM: Because you were interrupting them?

Minardil: No, because they're in a Boy Band, they've NEVER SEEN anyone really PLAY an INSTRUMENT before! They were totally blown away!

DMM: So did you talk to them? What's Spyke really like?

Minardil: Spyke?

DMM: You know, the Dangerous One? He's got the black pointy goatee? He is soooo "street". . .

Minardil: I haven't got to know him. He spends most of his free time locked away in his trailer with Raoul, his personal assistant. I spend most of my time with Specs.

DMM: Oh, the Smart One! I just love his glasses, they are sooo intellectual. Do you talk about Art and Politics?

Minardil: Actually, right now we're working on "staying in the lines". He just loves to draw.

DMM: Well, it certainly sounds as if the tour is off to a grand start. We wish you well, and will be checking back from time to time.

Minardil: Thank you, Harry.

DMM: One last thing. . .

Minardil: You want Spyke's autograph?

DMM: Oh could you? Have him make it out to Harry Llama ah 's daughter.

Minardil: Sure. What's her name?

DMM: Whose name?

Minardil: Your daughter? What is her name? For the autograph?

DMM: Her name is, ah, also Harry Llama. Yeah, it's a family name.

Minardil: No prob.

DMM: Thanks. And that's all for now. See ya on the road!

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Posted: 05 Sep 2002 12:36

Llama News Network (LNN) NEWSFLASH:

Dateline: Binghamton, NY:

Small Plan carrying famous Llama musicians drops off radar screens!

A single engine Beechcraft carrying three members of the mostly llama musical group "Ted" disappeared from the skies over Binghamton, New York, some time last night. Civil Air Patrol squadrons in the area have launched a massive search and rescue operation.

Weather reports show the sky was clear, and FAA radar traces show the plane closely following its previously filed flight path right up until the moment contact was lost.

On board the missing aircraft were three quarters of the group Ted, Pepe the Llama, Yokollama, and Stu. Ted was in the first week if this years highly anticipated Llamapalooza Tour, a travelling rock festival featuring llama bands and a variety of musical styles. The band had just finished their triumphant opening concert at the huge Blaine Forum, and were on their way to the next venue in Ithaca, New York.

The fourth member of Ted, Lead Tuba Player Minardil, apparently skipped the specially charted flight, electing to remain with the tour bus. We spoke with him concerning the missing aircraft:

Minardil: I've been in contact with our guru, Swami Seamus "Screech" MacNeesh, and he has advised me to seek internal tranquility, prepare to accept the cosmic will, and get stinking drunk.

LNN: Do you have any idea what might have happened?

Minardil: I don't know. The pilot and I shared a few pitchers right before the flight. He seemed okay to me, though he was a little down about his wife running off with a musician and all. . .

Also on the flight were the entire cast of 2LCrew, a dreadfully overproduced Llama Boy Band specializing in sanitized hip-hop choreograhpy matched with syrupy teen love songs for the dromedary crowd (most notably, their recent hits "One Hump or Two?" and "Alpaca You Full of My Love" . Members of 2LCrew were:

Jayson, The Cute One
Nigel, The Not Quite So Cute One.
Spyke, The Dangerous One
Specs, The Smart One
Bob, The Other One.

Stay tuned to LNN for further developments. . .

Posted: 05 Sep 2002 14:19 ... Subject -

Llama News Network (LNN) Newsflash:

Dateline, Sarasota Springs, New York.

Members of TED Rescued!!!

All three missing members of the mostly llama musical group Ted were found safe and sound this morning following an exhaustive search by the New York Civil Air Patrol. LNN spoke to CAP Squadron Commander Lt. Buzz Tower about the miraculous rescue.

LNN: Lt. Tower, your group logged hundreds of man-hours searching for the missing aircraft. How did you locate the survivors?

Lt. Tower: Well, they crashed right in the middle of Sarasota Springs. One of the survivors picked up a payphone outside a Quickie Mart and called us.

LNN: And you rushed right over to get them?

Lt. Tower: We stopped for a beer first, but basically, yeah.

LNN: Such heroism.

Following our chat with Lt. Buzz Tower, we obtained the rights to conduct an exclusive interview with the three members of Ted who had survived the ordeal.

LNN: Pepe, tell us when you first suspected something was going wrong with the flight.

Pepe: The flying started getting rough. The tiny plane was tossed. If not for the drunkenness of our stupid flight crew, the airplane never would have been lost.

LNN: Pepe, you, the other members of Ted, and the pilot all survived. But, sadly, all five members of 2LCrew perished. Can you explain this?

Pepe: Well, technically, we all survived the crash. But, after that, we had to make some hard choices. We knew that some of us would have to sacrifice ourselves to save the others. It was a life or death situation, you know? We were starving. We had no idea when, or IF, we would ever be rescued. We were forced to eat 2LCrew just to stay alive.

LNN: But you were only missing for three and a half hours.

Stu: You don't understand, we were REALLY HUNGRY! There had been no meal service on the flight! Just a stupid bag of honey roasted peanuts. It was awful.

LNN: You crashed through the roof of a fully stocked grocery store.

Yokollama: And a good thing too. We landed in an aisle with a huge mint jelly display. Without that, I don't think I would have been able to choke Jayson down.

LNN: So the four of you; the pilot, Pepe, Yokollama, and Stu, ate five fully grown Peruvian Llamas?

Pepe: Well, we were just going to have one apiece, but then Stu went back for seconds.

Stu: It was Bob, the Other One. He was just sitting there, like the last piece of pizza in the box. No one else seemed to want him. I couldn't help myself.

LNN: How was he?

Stu: DEEEE-Liscious.

LNN: So, are you ready for tonite's gig?

Pepe: Count on it, man!

So, there you have it, a great tragedy narrowly avoided.

Posted: 16 Sep 2002 18:52

From the pages of Dromedary Musician Monthly:

September 16, 2002
Dateline: Ithaca, New York

On the Road with Llamapalooza ’02.

If you can imagine being at ground zero when the Fat Man plopped into downtown Hiroshima, then you have some idea of the magnitude of the Bomb that exploded over Ithaca this weekend, ripping this year’s Llamapalooza wide open.

Musically, Saturday’s stop on the annual llama musical fest rocked. Shining particularly bright was the performance of the mostly llama band Ted, whose opening set, featuring the ferocious finger work of lead tuba player Minardil, inspired bagpiping of Pepe, seductive sitar strumming of Yokollama, and nuanced tin-can bashing of Stu, brought the capacity crowd to it’s feet with the opening curtain.

An unexpected addition to Ted is their new chorus of comely backup singers, known as the Teddies for their chosen mode of attire and devotion to Ted, but soon to be a musical force in their own right. The Teddies vocal harmonizing and deft footwork, especially on Ted’s rendition of the theme song to “The Facts of Life”, left mouths hanging open and heads wagging all over the stadium, leaving little doubt as to the secret of their success.

“They were clearly drunk off their butts,” one concert go-er observed with approval.

But this level of excellence on stage is what we have come to expect of Ted.

The Bomb I speak of was set to go off during the last act.

Let me set the stage:

The audience had just endured another seemingly interminable set from Llama Louie and the Wooltones (whose limp playing, insipid lyrics, and non-existent stage presence are enough to drive any reviewer to thoughts of self immolation) when all the lights in the stadium went out.

In the darkness, I strained to catch a glimpse of the activity on stage, but all I could make out was the furious maneuvers of a phalanx of black-clad roadies.

Frustrated by the inaction, the crowd began to get restless.

After what seemed a good ten minutes, but was probably only 9 and a half, tension in the seats was building to the breaking point.

Without warning, dazzling actinic light blazed forth from the Stage as beams from a dozen air-defense search lights stabbed out over the crowd. Flash pots went off, sending clouds of reeking smoke coiling over the stacks of amplifiers, and five shadowy figures wreathed in mist strutted onto the stage as the opening riff of “One Hump or Two” blasted out into the night with such force that several people in the front rows were knocked to the ground.

That’s right music fans, it was 2Lcrew, back from beyond and better than ever. We sat in stunned silence as the five members of the formerly devoured llama boy band, Jayson, the Cute One, Nigel, the Not Quite So Cute One, Spyke, the Dangerous One, Spec’s, the Smart One, and Bob, the Other One, warbled and gyrated through their catalog of hits.

Only when the last notes of their final song had faded into the night did the crowd react. Younger members of the crowd screamed with girlish delight, while older fans were left scratching their heads wondering out loud, “who are these guys again?”

I grabbed my reporter’s notebook and press pass and scooted backstage, where I scooped the competition with the first, back from the dead interview with the boys from 2Lcrew.

DMM: Boys, what a shock tonight has been. You were, well, to coin a phrase, Llama-poop, but here you are. Please, explain what happened.

JAYSON: Well, our producers wanted to try out a new image for the band.

NIGEL: We’re going with an edgier, more “in your face” style. The canniballamalism thing was just a publicity stunt for our new album.

SPEC’s: It’s called ”Eat Me”. It is going to be very “rad”.

DMM: I’m sure. So Ted never ate you at all?

SPYKE: Well, Yokollama tried to nibble on Jayson once, but I think that was all in good fun.

DMM: So Ted has been a part of this publicity stunt all along?

NIGEL: In a way. They just don’t know it.

DMM: I don’t understand.

JAYSON: Ted DID eat five llamas, just not us.

NIGEL: They were contestants in a Llama extreme reality game show, “Canniballama Island”, airing this autumn on FOX.

SPYKE: Five llamas compete to see who can outlive being eaten by the Ravenous Ted. The last llama standing wins 1 million Peruvian Pesos.

DMM: How much is that in American dollars?

SPEC’s: ‘Bout a buck and a half, I think.

DMM: But Ted ate all five contestants.

JAYSON: No one figured that Stu would go back for seconds.

SPYKE: Someone probably should have told Ted the rules.

NIGEL: That’s my bad. I meant to fill the guys in, but you know, one thing lead to another. . .

DMM: Well, now that you’re back, what are your plans?

JAYSON: I’m going to do some serious partying. I hear the Teddies have this magical cooler. . .

NIGEL: I hear that.

SPYKE: Well, Raoul and I will be going back to our cottage on Fire Island for a week or so to look after our corgis. But after that. . .

DMM: What?

SPYKE: I mean, yo yo, I’m takin’ some time to chill in my hood wit da peeps, ya know?

DMM: Better. You Spec’s?

SPEC’s: I’ve been reading this incredible book. A real classic. I’m going to spend some time finishing it.

DMM: War and Peace? The Lord of the Rings?

SPEC’s: No. “Where’s Waldo.” That is one tricky guy, let me tell ya. But I’ll find him yet.

DMM: And what about Bob?

BOB: I’m going up to Lake Winnepesaukee to learn how to sail.

DMM: Good for you, Bob.

Reaction from Ted was muted skepticism mixed with outrage.

YOKOLLAMA: You mean I ate some NOBODY?

STU: Well, all I can say is that guy I ate sure TASTED like Bob.

PEPE: Does this mean we get a million Peruvian Pesos?

And that’s all for now from Llamapalooza ’02. More updates from the road to follow!

ambar
06-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Where's Artemesia? She usually moves the livestock to the new thread........ hrm.........

http://www.angrymonkey.net/angrymonkey.net/putfileshere/llama.jpg

http://www.llamas.org/imgs/corner.jpg

http://www.mycraftshowroom.com/llamaart/TR-Starrynight-llama1.jpg

http://www.mycraftshowroom.com/llamaart/TR-Creation-Llama1.jpg

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 02:37 PM
:sigh:

not to be a bitch, but did anyone actually read that essay from Richard? I went glassy-eyed at the 2nd line.

I only have one question for the lovely Kittencrantz: where's the fuckin' chocolate?

there goes my 3 weeks chocolate free...

Bonnie Strangeways
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Sorry Richard, have to agree with Sarah, I'll wait patiently for the Cliff Notes version.

Now, that being saud, Ambar hunney-bunney, I need some strong Turkish coffee.....

and Biker, where the HELL are my Cabana boys you promised me??????

**sits back with a net waiting her air-delivery**

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Sorry Richard, have to agree with Sarah, I'll wait patiently for the Cliff Notes version.

Now, that being saud, Ambar hunney-bunney, I need some strong Turkish coffee.....

and Biker, where the HELL are my Cabana boys you promised me??????

**sits back with a net waiting her air-delivery**

Ooooo make my Turkish coffee with cardamon, please... goes great with a warm drippy piece of baklava... :shock: I must make some... heeeeeeeeeeeeey... I've got a pool party to go to Friday night... and Baklava is ALWAYS better hte next day!! GHIBA!

ahem... I'llshare my cabana boys with you BonnBonn.

Lady Laurel
06-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Turkish coffee " staring off into space"
Haven't had it in years, boy that brings back memories.

ambar
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
::stands with hands on hips glaring at the room doing an impression of her mother::

Get you coffee?!? Who broke your legs? The stoves right over there. ::points::

*I do hate it. I am getting too good at chaneling my mother. :shock: NO! NO! I refuse to become my mother!! :shock:

Apropos
06-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Holy WarandPeace Batman...

I got thru the first page...and decided to wait for that musical too. I hear Adrian Paul is still available. Doesn't he ever get a job...double o' heaven...

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 03:11 PM
::stands with hands on hips glaring at the room doing an impression of her mother::

*I do hate it. I am getting too good at chaneling my mother. :shock: NO! NO! I refuse to become my mother!! :shock:

:shock:

:stunned:

dayum.

slinks off to a corner and buries herself under the pillows...

Margaret
06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Oh Am, it's OK we all become our mother at some time or another.

I channeled my mom when one day I looked back at Her Grace who was being loud and rowdy in the back seat of the car and said "Erin, be quiet! People acting like that cause accidents you know."

Nearly had to pull over and smack myself upside the head.... :roll:

Apropos
06-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Looking back at my mother, I have to admit, she was prolly the person most responsible for my sarcasm. One day, the inevitable came out of her mouth when I was crying over something..."Do you want me to give you something to cry about"...I said.."No, I already am crying, can you give me something to laugh about"...My father about died laughing, my mother (an ex nun) just cracked my knuckles anyway.

ambar
06-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Holy Heaps!! We all channel our mothers? Oh brother, what ever are we going to do? *snicker* At least I haven't said "Turn that music down" or "Because I said so" yet. (Somehow, I think it's only a matter of time) However, she keeps showing up more and more in odd places.

Does anyone else do the "mother hand slap"? You know, when you are driving and you slap your hand over the passanger seat to protect a kid that isn't even there? I'm guilty of trying to use the phantom brake my mother wanted when she was teaching me to drive. When I'm riding with someone, there will be times I wind up trying to go for the "phantom brake" on the passenger side.

::lays out a path of chocolate to get Sarah out of the corner::

Bonnie Strangeways
06-07-2005, 03:29 PM

**Pops to attention** Yes Ma'am!!

See I wasn't asking you to get it for me...I was asking you to point me in the right direction. My first visit to the slippery room, so I'm not certain in which corner is the buffet table??

**eyes the spiffy carpet in the one recessed corner** Is this it??

ambar
06-07-2005, 03:34 PM
**eyes the spiffy carpet in the one recessed corner** Is this it??

*snicker* Erm...... ::tugs at collar:: ...... well you see ...... ::looks at ceiling:: ......... erm ........... That corner? Where did we put the llamas again?

Apropos
06-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok, found the coffee..now where's the Diet Dr Pecker for the rest of us???

Ciani
06-07-2005, 03:38 PM

dayum.

slinks off to a corner and buries herself under the pillows...

It's ok.. I'll share my frappucino and 7 layer bar with you.. not quite the same, but still yummy!

Lady Laurel
06-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I'll share my frappucino

Now the Frappucino does sound good.
I need a whole quart of chocolate mint icecream and a bottle of whiskey. Yep thats what I need. :roll:

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Holy Heaps!! We all channel our mothers? Oh brother, what ever are we going to do? *snicker* At least I haven't said "Turn that music down" or "Because I said so" yet. (Somehow, I think it's only a matter of time) However, she keeps showing up more and more in odd places.

Does anyone else do the "mother hand slap"? You know, when you are driving and you slap your hand over the passanger seat to protect a kid that isn't even there? I'm guilty of trying to use the phantom brake my mother wanted when she was teaching me to drive. When I'm riding with someone, there will be times I wind up trying to go for the "phantom brake" on the passenger side.

::lays out a path of chocolate to get Sarah out of the corner::

yup, I do it... the hand guarding thing. Mostly to keep my purse from dumping out all over the floorboards. I don't do the side-seat brake... or the sharp inhaling of breath when something isn't quite as safe as my mother'd like it to be. THAT used to throw me off so much more than the phantom brake.

On the "I am my mother' vein, I think I've shared this with all y'all before, but I knew I was becoming my mother when... I was with my young neice (the now eldest one.. she was 4 or 5 at the time) at the mall and she was eating a cookie. Spotted some chocolate chip smear on her cheek and before I could think, I licked my thumb and started rubbing at the smudge. Next thing I remember, I can hear this faint screaming noise as dozens of people stop and look around... Security hated me that day. I'm still not 100% clear on just how loudly I screeched or if I fainted or just temporarily left my body...

Ciani
06-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Now the Frappucino does sound good.
I need a whole quart of chocolate mint icecream and a bottle of whiskey. Yep thats what I need. :roll:

mmm.. Yes, I got a nice vanilla coffee frappucino. No alcohol because I'm at work.. at home however.. hmm... I have this really nice cream rum I got in Jamaica. When it's been in the freezer for a bit it's like drinking some sort of crazy frappe. wow. I need to go back to Jamaica just to get more of this stuff. Supposedly it can't be imported for commercial sale. sad. I got some 18yo rum too! wow is that stuff strong.

:bananada: :thinking:

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 03:50 PM
It's ok.. I'll share my frappucino and 7 layer bar with you.. not quite the same, but still yummy!

oh that's sweet of you! thanks! :smooch:

Lady Laurel
06-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I need to go back to Jamaica just to get more of this stuff. Supposedly it can't be imported for commercial sale. sad. I got some 18yo rum too! wow is that stuff strong.
OO I bet it is stronge stuff. I like the coconut rum that comes in the white bottle. I used to drink it alot with coke.
Now I am basicly a chocoholic. :wink:

Ciani
06-07-2005, 04:02 PM
OO I bet it is stronge stuff. I like the coconut rum that comes in the white bottle. I used to drink it alot with coke.
Now I am basicly a chocoholic. :wink:

mmm chocolate :D Yes, I guess the rum is of indeterminate proof and that's why they can't import it. I'm not sure I would have bought the regular rum if the lady in the store hadn't gotten me drunk. Everytime my friends walked away from me she was giving me more shots! She must have known I had the money.

ambar
06-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Try the Godiva Chocolate Liquer. *begins droooling*

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...... lookie at what I found

Chocolate Martini - Godiva Liquer, Stolichnaya Vanil Vodka, & Other Secrets
Mint Chocolate Martini - Godiva & Mint Liquers, Stolichnaya Vanil Vodka, Secrets
Hazelnut Chocolate Martini - Godiva & Hazelnut Liquers, Stolichnaya Vanil Vodka, Secrets
Raspberry Chocolate Martini - Godiva & Raspbrerry Liquers, Stolichnaya Vanil Vodka, Secrets

Ciani
06-07-2005, 04:25 PM
mm yes, I love godiva liquer. WHEE! Oh you know if it's really hot (it is!) when I get home I'm going to want to drink that cream rum. And I'll be sewing my bodice.. oh dear, this could get scary.

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 04:27 PM
mm yes, I love godiva liquer. WHEE! Oh you know if it's really hot (it is!) when I get home I'm going to want to drink that cream rum. And I'll be sewing my bodice.. oh dear, this could get scary.

no no no nonoooooooo don't sew while drinking!!! :shock: I did that once and ended up with something I still can't explain! :rofl:

now, drinking AFTER sewing is almost a tradition... ;)

Ciani
06-07-2005, 04:34 PM
no no no nonoooooooo don't sew while drinking!!! :shock: I did that once and ended up with something I still can't explain! :rofl:

now, drinking AFTER sewing is almost a tradition... ;)

Hmm.. ok. I'll wait til after! I don't want to sew my finger to the bodice. boy I really hope it comes out ok. I'd hate to get to Fling and have the very first thing I need to do is buy a bodice.

Lady Laurel
06-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Try the Godiva Chocolate Liquer. *begins droooling*

I have never had that it sounds real gooood.

ambar
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/natasha925/Misc/Gerard11-2.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/72/1149/1024/gerard_butler_beard.jpg

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/peter_pan/jason_isaacs/peterpan6.jpg

http://www.twwn.net/Did%20You%20Know/isaacs1.jpg

Bonnie Strangeways
06-07-2005, 05:05 PM
*slip, CRASH*

**BonBon picks herself off the drool-slicked floor, rubbing her bum with a pout**

Blast it Ambar, I thought you said you threw down the drool mats? You missed a spot....right over there by Sarah's corner. Don't worry, just nudge her a bit, she'll roll outta the way and we can just lay the mat down under her and then roll her back over so she's comfortable.

No, I don't *think* Maggie will choke on her tounge. Let's just pull it out and to the side just in case, shall we?

**Fans Booksie frantically with a folded newspaper** C'Mon girlie, stay with me here. Where the hell is that Medic with the Crash Cart?

ambar
06-07-2005, 05:18 PM
::hastily grabs afore mentioned mats and does as directed::

Sorry, I THOUGHT I got them all down.

::looks for medic:: Maybe he got lost on the way to the new room? :oooh: Has anyone seen Appie lately? I saw her heading off that way with whipped cream............ :wink:

po silvertop the rogue
06-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Po fades in, cheshire-cat-grin, to grab a tea and to check out the new room...

Nope- sorry Ambar- does't thou forget? ILM smoke turned out to clog the drains.. I *fade* in now....all the better to lurk..... :wink:

Sees the reclining. panting, drooling Wenches numbered on the floor.......

Well- as much as the sight tempts me to stay.. I have just enough time to grab dinner and change clothes before tonight's swashbuckling steel-therapy... :twisted:

I shall see all of thee Anon!

Heh, heh, heh...

s.

Winifred Baskerville
06-07-2005, 05:45 PM
*sees pics*

*ker-thunk*

Thank you!

That deserves another pic...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Mortie12/WubbyBait3.jpg

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Holy WarandPeace Batman...

I got thru the first page...and decided to wait for that musical too. I hear Adrian Paul is still available. Doesn't he ever get a job...double o' heaven...

OH NO!!!! I totally forgot to vote the last few days... :augh: I hope it isn't too late!!!!

I read, and read, and read... and Kept thinking that I missed all that when I moved to Montana. The only excitement they had in PA for the 8 yrs I lived there and I missed it.

:rant: :censored:

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 07:09 PM

Gerry... in trunks.... Mr. Darling in Tux.... Luscious Lucius looking allll sorts of domineering and dominating...

CAPTAIN JAMES HOOK IN CFM RED VELVET

staggers... wobbles... passes smooth out, a little bit of foam and drool at the corners of her lips...

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-07-2005, 07:15 PM
*grabs left arm, gasping for breath*

OH MY STARS, do you have to keep doing that?!?!?!

Don't you know that it's not good for this old heart to be surprised by pale pools of moonlight gazing from such a handsome countenance???

*looks around for the nitro tablets and the defribilator machine* Oh heck, I'll just use these jumper cables and my car battery... does the same thing anyway.

*wipes up drool* Dang I thought I was done with this after my old St Bernard passed on.

Tap ;~D

Margaret
06-07-2005, 08:14 PM
*slip, CRASH*

**BonBon picks herself off the drool-slicked floor, rubbing her bum with a pout**

Blast it Ambar, I thought you said you threw down the drool mats? You missed a spot....right over there by Sarah's corner. Don't worry, just nudge her a bit, she'll roll outta the way and we can just lay the mat down under her and then roll her back over so she's comfortable.

No, I don't *think* Maggie will choke on her tounge. Let's just pull it out and to the side just in case, shall we?

**Fans Booksie frantically with a folded newspaper** C'Mon girlie, stay with me here. Where the hell is that Medic with the Crash Cart?

And here I was. Reading through the thread. All happy about the chocolate and rum talk. Then there was HIM. Nay... THEM!

Hook. Velvet.... /Thinks back to the Black Castle scene. Hook. Black leather pants....

Artos O'Dalriada
06-07-2005, 08:41 PM
*slides in, black bag in hand* Someone called for a medic? *mischievous grin* I DO have a basic medical training...

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-07-2005, 08:54 PM
*slides in, black bag in hand* Someone called for a medic? *mischievous grin* I DO have a basic medical training...

*There* you are! Are you guys coming in this wkd or what?? We miss you!

Artos O'Dalriada
06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
probably not, we can't afford it right now. we just had inspections and such on her truck, and had to replace both clutch cylinders in my car (it quit and tried to kill me and 3 of the mini's) so things are a bit tight right now.

Branwen
06-07-2005, 09:07 PM
LADY SARAH!!!!!
I'm actually ****SHOCKED***** that you did not remember that Jason Isaacs Birthday was Yesterday. :roll: :twisted:

:snicker: :rotfl: :moon:

Your still LUVED :hearts: :love: even if you did forget.

Lady Laurel
06-07-2005, 09:18 PM
That deserves another pic...

O my :shock:
"slowly crouches down to the floor with mouth hanging open"
I think ,I think I am in love O no its LUST :!:
Yeah Definately LUST

ambar
06-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Bonbon, you were right. Only we forgot to add Brawnen, Laurel and Tap to the list needing the medic *snicker* I'll have to do better next time. They were still able to talk. :haloslip:

ARTOS!!!!!! Where have you and Phee been? It's been too long since we heard from you two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the by, I have started plotting...err...making plans in regards to TUX invasion for Phee's bachelorette party :twisted: ::with an evil cackle thrown in for good measure::

Branwen
06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
You know Ambar, I'm at work & it's very hard to explain why one starts to pant & drool when looking at the computer screen. No Web Surfing :shame:
I'll just have to say that I'm not web surfing that they see. I just happen to be riding the Hormone/Drool wave that is over taking the Boards.

Oh, and to go back to channeling your Mom. My LEAST favorite saying that my Mother used on me was: "Because is NOT a reason. Becasue is an EXCUSE. I want to know why....(fill in the rest)". I could NOT stand it when she said it to me. I now say the same thing to my 15 y.o. Cousin. :yuck: :vent: :tantrum: :blech:
I Don't want to turn into my Mom!!!
Gods know I love her. But, I want to be my OWN person. I just find myself picking up on her manerisms & saying everyday.

Lady Sarah
06-07-2005, 11:04 PM
slight, incoherent noises are heard from the corner where Lady Sarah's stil incapacitated, having been hit with a quintuple whammy of Gerry, Gerry, Darling, Luscious and Hook...

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbppppppppppppppppppp ppthsnorf...

Hooooooook..... velvet...........

and Bran, I did know... just celebrated it my own special way by having an Isaacs Movie Marathon...:hearts:;)

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Bonbon, you were right. Only we forgot to add Brawnen, Laurel and Tap to the list needing the medic *snicker* I'll have to do better next time. They were still able to talk. :haloslip:

ARTOS!!!!!! Where have you and Phee been? It's been too long since we heard from you two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the by, I have started plotting...err...making plans in regards to TUX invasion for Phee's bachelorette party :twisted: ::with an evil cackle thrown in for good measure::

*gasps rolls eyes, gives thanks that Ambar doesn't know my weakness*

whew... I'd be a real gonner if Ambar or anyone else knew I had a thing for eyes... light blue, medium blue, dark blue, gray, hazel, warm brown, GREEN... Long hair, short hair, NO hair... in kilts or leather...

*wipes forehead* Is it getting hot in here? Why is my heart racing like that?

Margaret
06-08-2005, 06:42 AM
/walks in whisteling a happy tune, carrying a chafing dish.

Ya know, I'm in the mood for a Full English Breakfast today. Over there is the tea and coffee. Then there are the eggs, sausage, mushrooms, chips, tomatoes and toast. The scones are on the next table with the jelly and clotted cream. Dig in!!

Happy Hump Day everyone! Going to be a busy one on this front - still playing catch up from vacation...

Looks at the clock over in the corner too. Dang, Friday is coming quickly! Plot, plot. Plan, plan.... :D

po silvertop the rogue
06-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Po fades in, cheshire-cat-grin, and acquires tea... and notices the full breakfast...

M'Lady Margaret! Why, Thank you! *Yum!*
...Gotta stockpile energy for final weekend at EMMF :cry: (has it been almost three weekends already?)

Hey, Henchwench! How about the forecast for EMMF this weekend? anyone know the likelihood of a Madame? chance of showers of nickles? 8)

Off to the bookshop!

Sell the books, sell the books!

s.

Winifred Baskerville
06-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Happy Hump Day everyone! Going to be a busy one on this front - still playing catch up from vacation...

Yeah, I particularly enjoyed waking up, looking at the clock and seeing 7:10 in big red letters, and saying "Oh, sh*t, it's Thursday, I've got to get going!" Needless to say, after a minute or two I realised that it's Wednesday... and Christian Bale is on Good Morning America. Squee!

WinB

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 08:12 AM
/walks in whisteling a happy tune, carrying a chafing dish.

Ya know, I'm in the mood for a Full English Breakfast today. Over there is the tea and coffee. Then there are the eggs, sausage, mushrooms, chips, tomatoes and toast. The scones are on the next table with the jelly and clotted cream. Dig in!!

Looks at the clock over in the corner too. Dang, Friday is coming quickly! Plot, plot. Plan, plan.... :D

Mmmm after a night of tossing and turning to Hook Dreams, this is JUST what I needed...

grabs a plate and samples a bit of everything.

Ambar's evil for posting the pictures, but she had to do it. I mean, really, we *DID* have to break the new place in properly, aye? :D

The smell of those sausages is divine! Tuck in, y'all!

Margaret
06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Ambar's evil for posting the pictures, but she had to do it. I mean, really, we *DID* have to break the new place in properly, aye? :D

Aye, I will agree she is evil for posting the pictures, however, a house is just not a home without some artwork on the walls.

Hey! Will someone keep them llamas away from the buffet line!! :wink:

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-08-2005, 09:33 AM

Aye, I will agree she is evil for posting the pictures, however, a house is just not a home without some artwork on the walls.

Hey! Will someone keep them llamas away from the buffet line!! :wink:

*stumbles in bleary eyed, cursing pollen and allergies and cat that sleeps on my pillow*

Dang you could at least brush your hair before coming down to breakfast, kind sir. *adds extra dollop of sarcasm* You look like a danged Llama!!!! Move along, move along. *helps self to eggs, sausages & toast*

May I sit with you, Lady Sarah? Margaret?

*glances at walls and fork stops midway to mouth* Oh great how am I gonna eat with Mr Hunky watching me. Artwork is great but landscapes or florals ONLY in the dining room please. Sorry to sound grumpy but trying to eat with those gorgeous eyes looking at me is totally impossible. :idea: gets up and puts napkin temporarily over Gerry's eyes.

That's better!

Tap ;~D

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 10:04 AM
hehehehe.....well, the medic is in, so just holler if'n ya needs some.....assistance.....yeah, that's the word...... :twisted:

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 10:06 AM
yeah, Phee's been usually too tired to pop onto the boards here lately, and I just haven't gotten around to it except every now and then. Figured I'd show my lovely brown eyes and long hair (snicker) though, so's y'all know we're still alive and such. and to banter of course. :twisted:

Winifred Baskerville
06-08-2005, 10:07 AM
*glances at walls and fork stops midway to mouth* Oh great how am I gonna eat with Mr Hunky watching me. Artwork is great but landscapes or florals ONLY in the dining room please. Sorry to sound grumpy but trying to eat with those gorgeous eyes looking at me is totally impossible. :idea: gets up and puts napkin temporarily over Gerry's eyes.

Hey, eating in front of the artwork is nothing. For the longest time I couldn't sleep with posters of people on the walls... let alone get dressed in front of them!

Luckily I've gotten over that. Wouldn't mind a full size poster of this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Mortie12/Phantom8.jpg

I've always wanted a pair of red trousers... :haloslip:

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Luckily I've gotten over that. Wouldn't mind a full size poster of this...

GUH.... :shock: :stunned:

starts drooling in her eggs and sausage...

you *would* have to post my second favorite outfit from the movie, wouldn't you.

:faint:

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 10:11 AM
don't make me administer CPR sawahs... I'll do it. :twisted:

Winifred Baskerville
06-08-2005, 10:14 AM
GUH.... :shock: :stunned:

starts drooling in her eggs and sausage...

you *would* have to post my second favorite outfit from the movie, wouldn't you.

:faint:

Well, I've got a whole bunch of Gerry pics, in all sorts of dress. I just like that one... And it's one of my favourites from POTO.

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 10:26 AM
MORNING ALL!
:grouphug:

Boy, you guys are always 5 pages ahead of me. ::pulls on leashes:: Hey, this time I didn't have to tug as hard!

http://www.akashanpathways.com/_outside/alpaca.jpg

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Hmmm, no drool mats on the floor - this could get dangerous.
::brings in and hangs clock from the Hut::
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/theartemis/drool_happens.gif

I've already given my daugher the Mothers Curse..."Just wait until you have children of your own!" (insert foreboding music here)

Phee's Party? - Remember gals, I'm at NYRF (TUX) so let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

ambar
06-08-2005, 10:44 AM

::Over in the corner, Kibbey's fur starts twitching::

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey, eating in front of the artwork is nothing. For the longest time I couldn't sleep with posters of people on the walls... let alone get dressed in front of them!

Luckily I've gotten over that. Wouldn't mind a full size poster of this:

Oh YEAH, Baby!!! Uhm I could manage this in the dining room, I don't think I'd get much food in my mouth, but hey, it'll keep warm in my bodice and I can have it later... note to self line bodice with plastic before meals in dining room.

One question... since I'm such a poorly educated and severely deprived wench... I've uhm, I hate to admit it but until now, I've NEVER seen Gerry in any movies and hadn't heard of him... so like can I get a list of your favorite movies that I must go rent.

Merci buckets!!!

Tap ;~D

Margaret
06-08-2005, 11:10 AM

I have always wanted to be in a pair of red trousers. His, to be a bit more specific.

Margaret
06-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I've already given my daugher the Mothers Curse..."Just wait until you have children of your own!" (insert foreboding music here)

You had better warn her, that particular cures has some weight behind it. My mom alway would tell my sister "Some day you are going to have a kid just like you. Hope they will be twins!"

Jack and Rachel have just celebrated their 1st birthday a month ago....

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-08-2005, 11:25 AM

You had better warn her, that particular cures has some weight behind it. My mom alway would tell my sister "Some day you are going to have a kid just like you. Hope they will be twins!"

My mother said the same things... only she added a bit to the curse... "I hope you get a kid just like you, only SIX times worse."

I think it was my fear of that curse that ultimately kept me from having kids. I know my sister's all got kids 6 times worse than they ever were. I tell my mother that it is a good thing they don't burn witches at the stake any more... Amazingly she just laughs at that reference to witchcraft.

Tap ;~D

Bonnie Strangeways
06-08-2005, 11:36 AM
**Bonnie swaggers in, *fashionably* late as usual**

Nice spead Mags, I brought locks and bagels to share as well.

**peers at all of the artwork "hung" around the room**

Yep, this is all very nice, Red Velvet and Red Trousers especially, but I don't see

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0004912/HH/0004912/od92503.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Fehr,%20Oded

Yeah, hello, I'll throw my panties in the ring for that one! (well, I would if....never mind!)[

Bonnie Strangeways
06-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Hmmm, obviously I need remedial courses on image posting here!!!!

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 11:40 AM
nah... IMDB gotten bitchy about hotlinking photos, so they changed their coding to not allow it. you can't save them in any format except .bmp, and you can't really link to them either.

but hell yeah, he's a hot one too. DROOOOOOOOL.
Two words - FRANK DONOVAN. :faint: DSB.

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 11:48 AM

Oh boy - the Terrible Two's are just around the corner :shock:

I've also told my daughter that my future grandkids can do ANYTHING they want. I will bribe them $5 to drive their mother mad in my presence and if they get grounded they get an extra $10. :twisted:

::sees Sarah on the ground with drool coming out the side of her mouth::
MEDIC!

ambar
06-08-2005, 12:16 PM
We keep calling for that darned medic, but I still haven't seen Appie and the whipped cream reappear either.

Maybe Artos could help? :twisted:

Margaret
06-08-2005, 12:16 PM
I've also told my daughter that my future grandkids can do ANYTHING they want. I will bribe them $5 to drive their mother mad in my presence and if they get grounded they get an extra $10. :twisted:

~snicker~ The Grandparents Credo:

Buy them presents.

Feed them sweets.

Send them home.

ambar
06-08-2005, 12:17 PM

You didn't just curse, you encourage...........Dude! Way to go!!!!!!

Margaret
06-08-2005, 12:18 PM
and had to replace both clutch cylinders in my car (it quit and tried to kill me and 3 of the mini's) so things are a bit tight right now.

ARTOS!! What happened?! All are, I assume OK else we would have heard something, but all are OK. Right?

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Oh, I forgot to bring an image of a wolf for this thread. Here ya go...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/theartemis/IG.jpg

Quote "My bum is very tan because I like to sunbathe naked" - Ioan Gruffudd

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 01:02 PM
nothing major, clutch quit on me halfway home from lancaster, (both the master cylinder AND the slave cylinder died), had three of the mini's in the car with me. so had to speed-shift and otherwise force the car into the gears the rest of the way home. was really fun when the idiot in front of us stopped for no reason, in the middle of the road. but, i did what i promised the boys i would do. I got us home safely, albeit with much cursing involved.

on another note, *gets out medical bag, checks to make sure everything's in it: "flavored lotions and syrups, check. handcuffs, check. silk tie-downs, check. whips, check. toblerone, triple check. feathers, check." rummages around a bit more* yup, everything's here. so, who needs.....treating....yeah, that's the word.....

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 01:23 PM
on another note, *gets out medical bag, checks to make sure everything's in it: "flavored lotions and syrups, check. handcuffs, check. silk tie-downs, check. whips, check. toblerone, triple check. feathers, check." rummages around a bit more* yup, everything's here. so, who needs.....treating....yeah, that's the word.....

Must get Toblerone... ::Artemisia fakes a faint :faint:, opens one eye, looks towards Artos and quickly closes it::

(PS - Glad your safe.)

ambar
06-08-2005, 01:25 PM
1. Owie on the car!!!!!!!!! I am glad you all are okay.

2. I can't wait to meet you in person in Sept. You do drink, right?

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 01:26 PM
no, i don't drink. but i am lookin forward to meeting phee's wenchy sisters that i haven't met yet. It's lookin to be a pretty fun time.

*unwraps a small piece of toblerone, waves it slowly under artemesia's nose*

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 01:32 PM
no, i don't drink. but i am lookin forward to meeting phee's wenchy sisters that i haven't met yet. It's lookin to be a pretty fun time.

:sniffsniff::

toblerone? is that what i'm smelling?

creeps over from her corner towards Artos and the Toblerone...

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 01:33 PM

*sniff*sniff* Artemisia thinks about downing the chocolate in one gulp, but thinks of a better plan...
"Maybe if I continue to fake it, it will get bigger"...

Of course I mean the chocolate!

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 01:35 PM
hmmmm, toblerone doesn't seem to be working, might need something stronger.....
*eyes Sawahs creeping over, unwraps a bar of toblerone, and slowly feeds it to her*

erinrai
06-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Good day everyone. Staying cool?
*places a large platter of freshly dipped chocolate covered strawberries out with all the other goodies*

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 01:48 PM
*eyes Sawahs creeping over, unwraps a bar of toblerone, and slowly feeds it to her*
::Looks up from the sewer::
Darn it, that was supposed to be my chocolate bar! :augh: That's what I get for taking an impromptu swim...
::splashsplash:: :D

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 01:50 PM
no worries Artemesia, I didn't forget about you *hands her a bar of toblerone*

ambar
06-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Hey Sarah.....wonder if we could sneak liquer into some truffles and get him tipsy that way? :twisted:

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Good day everyone. Staying cool?
*places a large platter of freshly dipped chocolate covered strawberries out with all the other goodies*

:whimper: chocolate covered strawberries versus hand fed toblerone...

well, Ambar, we might have :irked: if you hadn't SAID anything about it. Now he'll be on the look out!

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 02:01 PM
no worries Artemesia, I didn't forget about you *hands her a bar of toblerone*
Yes, my chocolate bar - thank you Artos dear!
::splashsplashmunchmunch::
Hmmm, now how to get those flavored lotions and syrups... :thinking: :twisted:

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
m'dear sawahs, would you prefer them both hand-fed? :twisted:

and Artemesia, those are for 'special' cases.

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 02:10 PM
and ambar, wouldn't work. i don't like truffles.

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 02:11 PM
m'dear sawahs, would you prefer them both hand-fed? :twisted:

oh you are evil...

and Artemesia, those are for 'special' cases.

well... I wasn't going to say it, but she is special, don't you know...

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 02:13 PM
sawahs, i'm not evil....yet. could always hand-feed them to ya while wearin a kilt..... :twisted:

or would you prefer my typical pirate-styled garb?

Bonnie Strangeways
06-08-2005, 02:16 PM

And I solumly swear that I will *try* not to ply Phee with Tequila, nor take her out of country to do so.

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 02:18 PM
and i will 'try' to conduct myself with proper decorum when surrounded by such lovely wenches (Phee, Sarah, and yourself as excellent examples, Bonnie)....... oh who the hells am I kidding, I'm a Rogue! :twisted: better make sure I'm stocked up on Toblerone for the occasion.

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 02:20 PM
well... I wasn't going to say it, but she is special, don't you know...
I think I used to go to school in a little yellow bus...
http://www.spacespider.net/emo/whacky011.gif = Artemisia

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 02:21 PM
sawahs, i'm not evil....yet. could always hand-feed them to ya while wearin a kilt..... :twisted:

or would you prefer my typical pirate-styled garb?

don't think I've seen this...

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Don't worry, you will. and you may even see a kilt, if I can get the true Blackwatch tartan (seeing as it's a Campbell tartan, and I've the heritage for it).

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 02:25 PM
and i will 'try' to conduct myself with proper decorum when surrounded by such lovely wenches (Phee, Sarah, and yourself as excellent examples, Bonnie)....... oh who the hells am I kidding, I'm a Rogue! :twisted: better make sure I'm stocked up on Toblerone for the occasion.

or Dove Dark Chocolates. One of my more 'happy' memories of this year's season was one of the Cast members dropping by the Hostel while the Shire was still getting moving (as in like 10 mins after Cannon) and I'd teased him before about what I'd have to do to get the sparklies he wears... I think he was the Royal Tax Collector or something such... and right there in front of Hostel, Shire and patrons, unwrapped a Dove Dark and proceeded to hold it out for me. Of course as I leaned in, he kept pulling it back. ~L~ Talk about leading a wench to ruin.

I could handle well either bits of Toblerone or Dove Dark Chocolates... or dipped strawberries... or truffles...

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 02:26 PM
I think I used to go to school in a little yellow bus...
http://www.spacespider.net/emo/whacky011.gif = Artemisia

heh.... a few of us used to DRIVE the yellow short bus... :P

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 02:26 PM
dove, toblerone, strawberries, truffles. something i'll keep in mind for sure :wink:

Lady Sarah
06-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Don't worry, you will. and you may even see a kilt, if I can get the true Blackwatch tartan (seeing as it's a Campbell tartan, and I've the heritage for it).

coughcoughchokechoke :rofl:

I haven't quite decided what outfits to bring with me... Probably won't until that week while packing and I find out what's done and what's not done.

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Well Artos, I am going to EMMF this Saturday... canned whipped cream in hand...
Oh, will you be so kind Artos as to show me how you shoot your wooden longbow...it is wooden, isn't it? I want to learn proper form.

Now how did that shovel appear in my hands?

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
heh.... a few of us used to DRIVE the yellow short bus... :P
New song: "The screws in my head tumble round and round, round and round, round and round..."

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 02:47 PM
due to financial setbacks, neither i nor Phee will be attending EMMF, so you'd have to travel a bit further then that to see me and my longbow. :twisted:

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 02:52 PM
due to financial setbacks, neither i nor Phee will be attending EMMF, so you'd have to travel a bit further then that to see me and my longbow. :twisted:

Aw! I was so looking forward to meeting you both this weekend!

*Sigh* now I have to wait until September to see Artos shoot his longbow. Wait a minute, I don't think they'll allow your longbow at NYRF, especially if it's cocked and ready to shoot. What is it - about 7 feet long? :twisted:

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
the wooden longbow is 6 ft. and they probably won't like it very much at NYRF, unless it's either not target-ready, or has no ammo to shoot..... I prefer it ready and able, thank you.

ambar
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Note to self.....don't be drinking a Dr Pepper while reading this topic. :shock: Burns my widdle nose it does. :D

Margaret
06-08-2005, 03:29 PM
and i will 'try' to conduct myself with proper decorum when surrounded by such lovely wenches (Phee, Sarah, and yourself as excellent examples, Bonnie).....

:grumpy: Harumph!

/walks over to the trunk marked DQ props and rummages around. Fixes the spotlight on the center of the floor, pushes the fainting couch into the middle of it. Dons the 'drama queen tiara', nabs the feather boa and collapses onto the couch in a sobbing heap.

:wah: HE FORGOT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :wah:

~sniff~ You know you could make up for that faux pas by handing over the chocolate quick like......

Bonnie Strangeways
06-08-2005, 03:42 PM
**puts towls over sholder for Mags to weep on**

Is'alright Mags, I'm certain the nice young man with all the yummy goodies didn't mean to leave your name off of that list.

I'm also certain that he'll make it up to you by bringing some of those yuumys over here for me....er, that is you dear, to eat and make you feel better!

*yeah, dat's what I meant!*

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 03:51 PM
*sidles up to mags and bonnie, toblerone in hand* :twisted:

Artemisia
06-08-2005, 03:54 PM
the wooden longbow is 6 ft. and they probably won't like it very much at NYRF, unless it's either not target-ready, or has no ammo to shoot..... I prefer it ready and able, thank you.

I love watching a male archer shoot - they way his strong arms pull back the resisting string, the way he eyes and aims the target with total concentration, then a moment of hesitation as he catches his breath to finally let go. He releases and slowly brings down his longbow as he continues to watch his target. The target has been struck.

::tosses shovel away::

Edit: Oh, did I mention to everyone that I have a longbow too? :shock: :lol:
Okay, this is definitely enough for me today. See ya guys tomorrow or more likely Friday. (I'm betting page 20 by then...)

Margaret
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
*sidles up to mags and bonnie, toblerone in hand* :twisted:

So that's what you are calling the big guy these days, huh? :wink:

That's what I love about you Artos, you'ms a smart Rogue :smooch:

And watch out for that little red head over there, she's sneaky when it comes to nabbing chocolate...

Artos O'Dalriada
06-08-2005, 04:51 PM
:twisted:

Bonnie Strangeways
06-08-2005, 04:51 PM
::blink:: ::blink::

Who? Moi?

Margaret
06-08-2005, 05:21 PM
*snerf* Aw drop it BonBon, the innocent act does not suit.

I love the feisty little red head you are.

rosefaeries
06-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Rose staggers in and collaspes on couch (er move over a wee bit Magaret). I had a really long and bad day. The preop appointments went well. However, my work day didn't go so well. Two car chases , one of which is a skip and one psycho woman I had to serve court papers to.Took me two hours to locate her and serve her. And then she talked mean to me (like it is my fault she is being taken to court), then she got really nasty. lol. My being sweetness and light probably didn't help matters much. The upside is, I shoudl be getting a bonus for locating her. And I even got her cell phone number. (Never underestimate a wench) But I am tired and really need some chocolate.

Branwen
06-08-2005, 11:28 PM
***Hands Rose a Bag of Dove Dark Chocolate***
I'm going to have to put an extra bag in the 'Mergency Box. Ya' know the one with the Silver hammer that says use this in case of an 'mergency. Break & grab. Have to make sure all rooms are equipped with said boxes from now on.

Well, It's time for me to go home. I've got things to do. Like go to sleep. :lurking: at y'all later.

Branwen
06-09-2005, 03:00 AM
Okay, so I got home & had to get back on the 'puter.
I think Lady Sarah, Mags, Ambar... Ahh Heck y'all would appreciate this. I was listening to The Rogues V.O in the car on the way home. The final track on the CD is the guys just messing around. They payed a number of different tunes. Such as Cotton Eye Joe, The Eyes of Texas, Oh Sussana, The Aggie Fight Song, Yellow Rose of Texas, Take Me Out to the Ball Game, Addams Family Theme Song, The Star Wars Theme song, The Marine Corp Hymn. Among many others. All on Bagpipe & drums. :bow:
When I heard the Marine Corp Hymn I just couldn't help but think of Kilt Clad Marines, Drums and bag pipes........ :faint:
I wish that there was a way that I could share the track with everyone. I think it helps brighten a persons day. :tunes:

mstarfire
06-09-2005, 06:58 AM
*stumbles in, bleary eyed, arms loaded*
Morning all...
*dumps all sorts of breakfast treats on counter*
Hey, I brought an expresso maker in for us. I just needed a latte this morning.

Irish Festival this weekend. Whoot!
www.irishculture.org

-play the music, play the music-
(thanks Po)

Artos O'Dalriada
06-09-2005, 07:58 AM
mornin all, the medic is in

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Good Morning y'all!! YAY, the Medic is in!! if he were single I'd put in a future request for mouth to mouth the next time I pass out... ;)

Anyways, it's THURSDAY!!! I've got Canoli filling to make tonigiht and Mojitos to mix up once I get home. Aw Yeah Baybee, we're gonna rock the pool tomorrow night!!

Off for Tea, bbl!

Eric McTavish
06-09-2005, 08:21 AM
mornin all, the medic is in

I'd like an espresso IV drip please... :shock:

Margaret
06-09-2005, 08:21 AM
When I heard the Marine Corp Hymn I just couldn't help but think of Kilt Clad Marines, Drums and bag pipes........ :faint:

Speaking of the Boys in Blue, Booksie will be posting the version of The Scotsman over here at some time ......

Eric McTavish
06-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Speaking of the Boys in Blue, Booksie will be posting the version of The Scotsman over here at some time ......

you mean the song??

The Scotsman
- Mike Cross (Vic-Ray Publishing)

Well a Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar one evening fair
and one could tell by how he walked that he'd drunk more than his share.
He fumbled round until he could no longer keep his feet
and he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street.

Ring di-didle-idle-a-di-oh,
Ring di-diddly-i-oh,
ah he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street.

About that time 2 young and lovely girls just happened by,
and one says to the other with a twinkle in her eye,
"See yon sleeping Scotsman, so strong and handsome built,
I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt."

Ring di-diddly-i-oh,
I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt.

They crept up on that sleeping Scotsman quiet as could be,
lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see,
and there behold for them to view, beneath his scottish skirt
was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth.

Ring di-diddly-i-oh,
was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth.

They marveled for a moment then one said, "We must be gone,
let's leave a present for our friend before we move along."
As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon tied into a bow
around the bonny star that Scot's kilt did lift and show.

Ring di-diddly-i-oh,
around the bonny star that Scot's kilt did lift and show.

Now the Scotsman woke to nature's call and stumbled t'words a tree,
behind the bush he lifts his kilt and gawks at what he sees,
and in a startled voice he says to what's before his eyes,
"Oh lad I don't know where you've been but I see you won first prize."

Ring di-diddly-i-oh,
Oh lad I don't know where you've been but I see you won first prize.

Ciani
06-09-2005, 08:35 AM
mmm cannolis and lattes. Lady Sarah please save us some cannoli huh? :)

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 08:47 AM

you mean the song??

No, Eric... in your haste to show off, you missed Mags say "THE VERSION". As in FILK.

Ciani, if you like Canolis and Lattes, wait until you have a piece of my Baklava. I've been told that it's so very close to that made fresh in the Middle East.

Ciani
06-09-2005, 08:58 AM
baklava *swoon* I haven't made any in years.. I can't even remember how now *blush* I bet yours is excellent. Ah see.. it's too bad I can't just run over to your place. I could make dinner in exchange for dessert :D

Eric McTavish
06-09-2005, 09:10 AM
No, Eric... in your haste to show off, you missed Mags say "THE VERSION". As in FILK.

Ohhh A FILK version I cant wait!!! I love filking!!!
(I wasnt trieng to show off I just figured sence I had it on the computer I'd save him some time if he had to look for it... :oops: )

here's another GREAT scotsman's song

This is by the now defunct Wenches 'a Whailing group out of Bristol...

Angis and his kilt

Now Angis was a happy lad, for soon he would be wed,
He found a brisk and bonnie lass, to take him to his bed
But happier still, his mother was, that he had found a wife
For truth-be-told, she often feared to be stuck with him for life.

Oh it a fine thing, a bonnie thing, the grandest ever seen
For truth-be-told, she often feared to be stuck with him for life.

Now in honor the grand affair, this wedding day would be
She set about to weave a kilt, the finest ever seen.
The night before the wedding, the kilt was finely done
She called young Angis over, and she tried it on her son.

She called young Angis over, and she tried it on her son.

She wound the kilt about him, and she wound, and wound, and wound
But when she’d finished winding, twas still eight yards too long
“Oh never fear me bonnie boy, well simply cut it off,
And to your blushing bride we will give the extra cloth!”

“And to you blushing bride we will give the extra cloth!”

Now Angis was so pleased you know his heart, it swelled with pride.
He felt that he must rush right out, and show off for his bride.
Twas raining so he grabbed a cloak, to shield him on the moor.
But in his haste to be away, his kilt slammed in the door.

But in his haste to be away, his kilt slammed in the door.

Now Angis was in such a rush, to show off for his bride.
He never really noticed that he left his kilt behind.
He knocked upon her door, cried “let me in I prey,
I’ve something that you’ve got to see before our wedding day!”

“I’ve something that you’ve got to see before our wedding day!”

Well Brighid lets him in you know, but says “Ye cannot stay,
For I have to have me beauty sleep before our wedding day.”
“Till only be a moment love, but it’s so grand my dear.
You really have to see what I’m a hidin under here!”

“You really have to see what I’m a hidin under here!”

Well when the cloak was throw aside and Angis stood quite bare,
We must admit she was impressed and tried hard not to stare.
“Oh love I’ll nar see finer tho far, and far I roam.”
“Why lass” he cried “That’s Nothing! I’ve got eight more yards at home!”

“Why lass” he cried “That’s Nothing! I’ve got eight more yards at home!”

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Good Morning y'all!! YAY, the Medic is in!! if he were single I'd put in a future request for mouth to mouth the next time I pass out... ;)

Anyways, it's THURSDAY!!! I've got Canoli filling to make tonigiht and Mojitos to mix up once I get home. Aw Yeah Baybee, we're gonna rock the pool tomorrow night!!

Off for Tea, bbl!

I'll take half a dozen of those canolis and what is a Mojito? I've got Mojito music for sale at work... dang I think I need another lesson on drinking alcoholic beverages. My last lesson(s) was back in HOTLANTA in 2003.

Tap ;~D

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Ciani, if you like Canolis and Lattes, wait until you have a piece of my Baklava. I've been told that it's so very close to that made fresh in the Middle East.

*holds up plate* Please, m'Lady, might I try your lovely Baklava... tis been 4 long years since my last chance to taste such heaven. Please, m'Lady Sarah :pweeease:

Tap :pweeease:

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 09:47 AM
I'll take half a dozen of those canolis and what is a Mojito? I've got Mojito music for sale at work... dang I think I need another lesson on drinking alcoholic beverages. My last lesson(s) was back in HOTLANTA in 2003.

Tap ;~D

a Mojito is a lovely drink brought over from Cuba. Take fresh mint leaves, sugar and a smadge of water in the bottom of a tall glass. crush the mint and sugar into the water then add ice to the top of the glass. Pour water and white rum over the ice, garnish with a sprig of mint.

Think of it as the Cuban version of a Mint Julep.

Take more of the Canolis, they're mini sized and dipped in chocolate.

As for the Baklava, I would say I'd bring some to NYRF this fall, but I can't guarantee it's safety in going through security here in DFW. :lol: or that it'll last through the bachelorette party we've got planned.

Artos O'Dalriada
06-09-2005, 10:06 AM
putting in special requests now sawahs? :twisted:

Ciani
06-09-2005, 10:09 AM

I think I just fainted. I love mini canolis dipped in chocolate! argh. Esp if they have the traditional filling made with the cheese. yum.

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 10:17 AM
putting in special requests now sawahs? :twisted:

Mine or yours? :lol:

I think I just fainted. I love mini canolis dipped in chocolate! argh. Esp if they have the traditional filling made with the cheese. yum.

sure'n thing it is darlin'. candied fruit and chopped chocolate bits as well.

I probably shouldn't mention the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie... or the Six Layer Chocolate Cake... or the Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake...

Artos O'Dalriada
06-09-2005, 10:21 AM
i haven't made a special request dear.... you did, conditionally of course.

Ciani
06-09-2005, 10:22 AM
sure'n thing it is darlin'. candied fruit and chopped chocolate bits as well.

I probably shouldn't mention the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie... or the Six Layer Chocolate Cake... or the Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake...

Okay... ya know.. it's only a 19 hour drive.. I can drive 19 hours for dessert.. right? right?! augh.... :oops: :D

Artos O'Dalriada
06-09-2005, 10:27 AM
for sawah's dessert? any length drive is worth it...... :twisted:

Artos O'Dalriada
06-09-2005, 10:41 AM
don't forget the Toblerone cheesecake (my own special recipe), drizzled with strawberry sauce

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 10:45 AM
ahh yes Artos, Toblerone Cheesecake and Strawberry sauce. :faint:

hehehe, Ciani, you are invited of course to come to Scarby next year. a batch of Baklava or any other dessert is available upon request. All I ask is a week to shop and prepare!

Artos O'Dalriada
06-09-2005, 10:51 AM
guess i'll have to make sure to have one ready for invasion at NYRF, huh

Ciani
06-09-2005, 10:56 AM
hehehe, Ciani, you are invited of course to come to Scarby next year. a batch of Baklava or any other dessert is available upon request. All I ask is a week to shop and prepare!

Hopefully next year I will be able to afford more trips! I'd love to go to Scarby at least once :)

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Yes, you will indeed Artos!!

not a problem Ciani. Give any of us a shout here on the board and let us know what weekend you're coming down.

Katie O'Connell
06-09-2005, 11:28 AM
A cross post of general sillines, as requested by Maggie.

This is Artie's fault, by the way. I think I should mention that here as well.

Apologies to whoever wrote the original.

(to the tune of 'The Scotsman')

A soldier in dress blues left a bar one evening fair…
And one could tell by how he walked, he’d drunk far more than his share
A tequila shot in one hand, he couldn’t walk too straight
So he wandered about the market square, his buddies for to wait.

Ring ding diddle-iddle hi de OH…ring ding diddle AYE OH…
He wandered about the market square, his buddies for to wait.

About that time three slightly tipsy Wenches happened by
And each smiled to the others, a mad twinkle in their eye.
They asked to see his fine legs, and his bottom, tight and round.
And in a flash, the soldier’s slacks were fallin to the ground.

And in a flash, the soldier’s slacks were fallin to the ground.

They marveled for a moment at the sight he did present.
For when the gals appraised him, he’d pitched quite a tent.
But before he could impress them with his winning ways and flair
He found himself passed out cold in a nearby café chair.

He found himself passed out cold in a nearby café chair.

The wenches, disappointed, tried and tried to wake the lad.
They wanted to explain to him fun he might have had.
So each lass took out her lipstick, and painted supple lips
And left the soldier a case of pocks from his bottom to his tips.

They left him with a case of Pox from his bottom to his tips.

The soldier woke at dawns first light to have himself a piss
Covered with lipstick marks, he saw what fun he must have missed.
He could not recall what must have been a fantasy come true.
“Oh, lad, I don’t know what ya did, but I wish I’d done it too!”

“Oh, lad, I don’t know what ya did, but I wish I’d done it too!”

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh Katie, that was brilliant!! :bow:

Apropos
06-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Even though it is bad etiquette to just post a....

:bow:

Lady Laurel
06-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Do yall have the address for the llama song. I want to send it to someone that will appreciate it. :wink:

Margaret
06-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Here you go Laurel!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php

Katie O'Connell
06-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Thankees Fionna and Appie!!

'twarnt nuthin. I'm glad it was appreciated. :oops:

And Eric, thanks for posting that other one about the extra length of kilt! Funny!

Margaret
06-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey ya my fav-o-rite mac and cheese friend!

Nice too see ya in this neck of the woods for a change :D

Ciani
06-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey ya my fav-o-rite mac and cheese friend!

Nice too see ya in this neck of the woods for a change :D

:singdanc:

We wouldn't have to eat Kraft Dinner
But we would eat Kraft Dinner
Of course we would, we’d just eat more
And buy really expensive ketchups with it
That’s right, all the fanciest ke... dijon ketchups!

ahh.. we used to sing that song way too often while drinking.. you reminded me :D

Margaret
06-09-2005, 03:25 PM
*snerf*

I love BNL!! Such a fun group.

That whole thing started when Katie and I were going over some Elizabethan terms and such. A bread and cheese friend is someone who is your good and true friend. Well, I could never remeber that, so she became my mac and cheese friend. :)

By the way Ciani, have you had the opportunity to play Musical Men at MIRF? Katie and Da Widow host that wonderful event as well as the Fox Hunt. Two things that are a MUST SEE !!

erinrai
06-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I have just one question for everyone. Have you hugged your Llama today?

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 03:36 PM
By the way Ciani, have you had the opportunity to play Musical Men at MIRF? Katie and Da Widow host that wonderful event as well as the Fox Hunt. Two things that are a MUST SEE !!

will I get the same treat in August?

Ciani
06-09-2005, 03:36 PM
*snerf*

I love BNL!! Such a fun group.

That whole thing started when Katie and I were going over some Elizabethan terms and such. A bread and cheese friend is someone who is your good and true friend. Well, I could never remeber that, so she became my mac and cheese friend. :)

whee! BNL is the best.. I saw them twice in concert many years ago when no one knew who they were :D

A bread and cheese friend, huh?
I have many bread friends.. a few cheese friends.. but it is a rare and seldom gift that the two combine into that most satisfying of meals and relationships..

waaaah.. I'm high on frappucino again. It's the heat I swear!

No I haven't had the opportunity to do anything at MIRF that wasn't strictly of the traveller activity. I will have to participate this year! I haven't been to MIRF since.. 1997 I think. Somewhere around then.

Ciani
06-09-2005, 03:38 PM

Lady Sarah, are you going to MIRF in August then? You'll have to let me know when so I can be sure to get out there!

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 03:52 PM

Lady Sarah, are you going to MIRF in August then? You'll have to let me know when so I can be sure to get out there!

Yup. As it stands now (Barring the ticket prices soaring astronomically or catastrophe) I'll be up in Detroit for the Dream Car Rally the 2rd weekend of August with a side trip to MiRF that Sunday.

Katie O'Connell
06-09-2005, 04:20 PM

What? You're kiddin, right?!? :o

OF COURSE you're going to get star treatment, Sugarbooger!

I've got your 'judges seat' reserved for the Fox Hunt the day you arrive.

Ciani, If'n ya don't mind sittin next to Sawwah, I'll reserve ya Judge's Seat #2.

I'm sure there'll be an extra seat at Musical Men, since Da Widow has forbidden me to play this season.

Apropos
06-09-2005, 04:35 PM
I am coming tooo...I judged last year...what a blast. I had more fun finding the contestants than judging them.

Ciani
06-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Katie, that sounds wonderful! I will definitely come out that weekend and would love to sit next to Lady Sarah!

yay! *marks dates in calendar*

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 04:41 PM
oh how wonderful!!! YAY!! :singdanc:

Now, do keep in mind that the Maternal Unit and the Aunt will be with me - 'daning it of course, but I'll be in full Candie Violet Regalia!! Heh heh.. .I'll even bring the butter rum sticks!

Katie O'Connell
06-09-2005, 04:52 PM
oh how wonderful!!! YAY!! :singdanc:

Now, do keep in mind that the Maternal Unit and the Aunt will be with me - 'daning it of course, but I'll be in full Candie Violet Regalia!! Heh heh.. .I'll even bring the butter rum sticks!

I'm counting the days, Sarah.

I wish I could say I was supplying a big hunk of The CHEESE to go with those butter rum sticks, but alas.... :cry: I can only move so many mountains.

anyhow, I look forward to the Great Invasion! Wheeee!

Ciani
06-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Is anyone going to be camping or anything that weekend? It's about 3.5 hrs away. So I could drive out for the day, but I may want to stay for the weekend if others are too.

Margaret
06-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Yuppers! It's definatly gonna be a 'hang on to your hats' kind of day....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret
06-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Is anyone going to be camping or anything that weekend? It's about 3.5 hrs away. So I could drive out for the day, but I may want to stay for the weekend if others are too.

Off the top of my head, I don't know, but post something on the Yahoo group...

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-09-2005, 06:08 PM
a Mojito is a lovely drink brought over from Cuba. Take fresh mint leaves, sugar and a smadge of water in the bottom of a tall glass. crush the mint and sugar into the water then add ice to the top of the glass. Pour water and white rum over the ice, garnish with a sprig of mint.

Think of it as the Cuban version of a Mint Julep.

As for the Baklava, I would say I'd bring some to NYRF this fall, but I can't guarantee it's safety in going through security here in DFW. :lol: or that it'll last through the bachelorette party we've got planned.

When are you coming to NYRF? Be sure to come visit me at Eeldrytch Armouree when you're here... maybe we can do something together for supper. Can you imagine a bunch of wenches taking over a restaurant?

Tap ;~D

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
06-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Well Artos, I am going to EMMF this Saturday... canned whipped cream in hand...
Oh, will you be so kind Artos as to show me how you shoot your wooden longbow...it is wooden, isn't it? I want to learn proper form.

Now how did that shovel appear in my hands?

We're all looking forward to this weekend! Don't worry, the whipped cream cans have been stocked up and we're surveying the next restaurant to be "victim".. err ah... "target"... hmmm nope **Graced** with our presence... (Wonder how long we'll last before they toss us out too!)

Fiona has christened a new "Toy"... the "Wench Fountain" will be there this weekend... as well as the Kittie-o-Nine flogger... has genuine beaver tips that are devilishly deceptive. Should be a good closing weekend to EMMF.

Tar

Lady Sarah
06-09-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm counting the days, Sarah.

I wish I could say I was supplying a big hunk of The CHEESE to go with those butter rum sticks, but alas.... :cry: I can only move so many mountains.

anyhow, I look forward to the Great Invasion! Wheeee!

Oh, I'm sure there's a pirate or a 'teer that can take my attention off of missing The Cheese for one day. ::heavy melodramatic sigh as if the world were ending::

Yuppers! It's definatly gonna be a 'hang on to your hats' kind of day....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

other than Katie, It'll be the Purple Wench Brigade! I can wear pants, right? or do I have to be in skirts?

When are you coming to NYRF? Be sure to come visit me at Eeldrytch Armouree when you're here... maybe we can do something together for supper. Can you imagine a bunch of wenches taking over a restaurant?

Tap ;~D

There again, barring a rise in ticket prices and catastrophes, I'm looking at the 9/11 weekend. I can't guarantee anything after hours, as I'm someone's guest. We'll see.

Katie O'Connell
06-09-2005, 10:48 PM
I am coming tooo...I judged last year...what a blast. I had more fun finding the contestants than judging them.

I'm glad you had such a good time--I hope we can top it this year!!

pngwnmama
06-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Just decied to pop in and see what kind of trouble you all have been up to! I heard about the whip cream at EMMF! Naughty! Naughty! And you didn't invite me! Have a good night. Yes, I still live.

Lady Sarah
06-10-2005, 08:08 AM
Just decied to pop in and see what kind of trouble you all have been up to! I heard about the whip cream at EMMF! Naughty! Naughty! And you didn't invite me! Have a good night. Yes, I still live.

SHE LIVES!!

:hi: hi Mama!

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-10-2005, 08:10 AM
BETTEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :hugs:

It's official, we're coming to Fling!

(and if all works out, with something special just for the leather goddess - tee-hee!)

Miracle Wench
06-10-2005, 09:24 AM

(and if all works out, with something special just for the leather goddess - tee-hee!)
Great
I can't wait to meet you and everyone else it should fun.

can I PM you about something?

Artemisia
06-10-2005, 09:35 AM

*Blink*Blink* - who me? (did I do that right Bonnie?) :twisted:

I have just one question for everyone. Have you hugged your Llama today?
I hug my llama every day. :wink:

Hello Mama! :grouphug:

::Looks at drool clock:: Three months and 2 days until Invasion Weekend - not that I pay attention to these things... :bananada:

Lady Sarah
06-10-2005, 09:39 AM

I hug my llama every day. :wink:

Hello Mama! :grouphug:

::Looks at drool clock:: Three months and 2 days until Invasion Weekend - not that I pay attention to these things... :bananada:

:rofl: you're too cute Arte!

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen!! Well, Canolis are dipped and the filling is mixed. I couldn't find any candied fruit so I just tripled the chopped chocolate. It's REALLY good if I do say so myself.

Now, for the drudgery... off to work. Have a happy Friday morning!

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-10-2005, 10:12 AM
More chocolate is ALWAYS better. Can't ever go wrong with chocolate, and even more chocolate.

I'm thinking that if I get down to PARF in October I'm going to drive over to Hershey and stock up before I head home. With any luck I won't get pulled over for driving under the influence and I'll actually make it home with some of the stock.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can get more chocolate in the back of my 91 blazer with the seat up or down?

Tap ;~D

Artos O'Dalriada
06-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, it looks as if Phee and myself may just make it to EMMF after all!

and sawahs, the medic is in

Lady Sarah
06-10-2005, 10:26 AM

and sawahs, the medic is in

YAY!!! Medic Artos is in!!

Artemisia
06-10-2005, 10:32 AM
MWWWWWUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted: :bananada:

Bonnie Strangeways
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM

Admirable attempt! (Psstt, your halo is slipping, need to center it exactly on the tip of the horns luvvie, that way they don't notice them so much!)

WOOT!!!! It's Friday! Half Day for me, as we have Faire this weekend in Port Angeles, and have to muve the "Barbie Bus" up there. (oh yeah, we believe in "roughing it". NOT! *snicker*)

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-10-2005, 12:23 PM

Great
I can't wait to meet you and everyone else it should fun.

can I PM you about something?

Of course you can, MW! :-) Or were you referring to Betty?

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-10-2005, 12:26 PM

:bananada:

Woot! House Fangorn is coming to faire! House Fangorn is coming to Faire!!

Artos O'Dalriada
06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
correction... House Fangorn will NOT be attending, I repeat, House Fangorn will NOT be attending, EMMF...

Artos O'Dalriada
06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
though, i do believe i can say with most certainty, that House Fangorn WILL be attending Fling. And, if we find my clan's tartan, The Taller Fangorn, WILL be in kilt.

Artemisia
06-10-2005, 03:19 PM
correction... House Fangorn will NOT be attending, I repeat, House Fangorn will NOT be attending, EMMF...
WAAAAAAAAA!

...and, if we find my clan's tartan, The Taller Fangorn, WILL be in kilt.

You WIll be in a kilt, but NOT at EMMF?
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:tantrum:

Note to self: Patience my dear grasshopper, all will be well in September:: :D

Artos O'Dalriada
06-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Sorry Arte, squeezin a bit tight with the money stuffs....just can't do it this week.

po silvertop the rogue
06-10-2005, 04:07 PM
..she'll just have to suffer and deal with the selection of Rogues on-site..

s.

Artemisia
06-10-2005, 04:26 PM
You don't have to apologize to me Artos - though it was very Rogueish of you to do so :smooch:

And Po, not to knock the great "assortment" of Rogues I'll meet, but I'll first want to meet the Sheriff...

Okay the work day is done. Catch ya on the flip side! :D

Morghan
06-11-2005, 07:19 AM
Starting to motivate to get ready for EMMF - and since its been a while since I've had the opportunity to really take a look at the boards - wanted to drop in and say :hi: to everyone..

(for those that don't know.. we have to hunt for a new residence again) *sigh*

Margaret
06-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Do you, personally, have to hunt for a new place to live Mor or is it EMMF?

How's it going BTW, My Lady Queen?

Morghan
06-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Do you, personally, have to hunt for a new place to live Mor or is it EMMF?

How's it going BTW, My Lady Queen?

New place to live.. M'Lady... The first week of May.. our landlady calls and asks.. "do you still want to buy the house?" (now keep in mind, we've been saying for 6 months there's major problems here).. I said.. well first of all - after living in Scranton for 6 months.. ummm.. *dont think I want to settle in Scranton*.. and second.. with all the problems here.. if I by some chance I did get approved for say a VA loan.. they would want all these matters corrected. To which she says.. "well, I have a contractor ready to fix the house.. but I need you out by the end of the month (May)". Needless to say - although diligently seeking, nothing has been found yet.

Its been a very rough several weeks.. as in addition to that.. my truck was broken into (my Cobra CB and CD player stolen) and not 2 weeks later.. I was "hit" by a woman who all of a sudden decided to start driving her car in reverse. (so far.. $1500.00 in damage to my truck and 3 weeks of therapy on that accident and counting).

My sanity.. has honestly been EMMF.. as its allowed me to "leave mundania" for the past few weekends :twisted:

Margaret
06-12-2005, 12:40 PM
My sanity.. has honestly been EMMF.. as its allowed me to "leave mundania" for the past few weekends :twisted:

:grouphug: Ya know, escaping into a fantasy land - whatever form it takes - doesn't solve any RL problems. However, being able to take a break from RL makes dealing with it much easier.

The only 'Homes For Sale' books I have in my grubby little paws right now are for the Pittsburgh area, so I can't help there. But I can send up all the good thoughts and prayers that I got, be here to give you a big hug and an 'Atta girl' when you need it, and be available to be a sounding board if ya just want to bitch, piss and moan.

All will be well Mor. One way or another, all will be well. :)

pngwnmama
06-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Well, I will probably see whoever will be around at Fling. Find me in my booth, of course!

Hmmmm, Artos in a kilt? Well, is Phee going to make it out of the house? Just a thought, lol.

Artos O'Dalriada
06-13-2005, 08:24 AM
yes, she'll make it out of the house. i'm just wondering how far i'll be allowed to get on the grounds at fling...

Lady Sarah
06-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Happy Monday Morning boys and girls!

toddles off for tea...

po silvertop the rogue
06-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Po fades in, cheshire-cat grin and all.. goes for tea and noticing that the buffet has not yet been reset, calls forth new food, coffee and tea...

It's good to be... a Rogue.

Yes, a small strike-team of Rogues hit three targets EMMF's Closing Sunday. Two Wenches (Morghan, the Pirate Queen and Lady Abigail Greywolf) and the Faire Directress, Janene.

(Having been targetted, and now knowing what is involved, Janene has "blessed" the idea of further Rogueings and other guild activities next year... :twisted: )

Other than a low turnout.. the weekend was a blast! (Wouldn't you say, Lady Artemesia? :wink: )

Time to start conspiring for next year! 8) (and for PARF & NYRF..and Pennsic..)

s.

Ciani
06-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Wow, I'm so glad it's Monday! I know that sounds really strange, but it's been a hell of a weekend. So much for relaxing and sewing up more garb. Maybe tonight. but hey.. I have nice shiny apples! granny smith. yum.

pngwnmama
06-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Morning! Ah the souns of jackhammers on the street in the morning....

Artos, if you make it to my booth intact, I will be suprised!

Morghan
06-13-2005, 10:17 AM
It's good to be... a Rogue.

And the Sheriff and a Pyrate and assistant director and stage combat choreographer and.. and.. how many more hats? :rofl:

Yes, a small strike-team of Rogues hit three targets EMMF's Closing Sunday. Two Wenches (Morghan, the Pirate Queen and Lady Abigail Greywolf) and the Faire Directress, Janene.

Innocently I stand pon' hill - awaiting my schtick with Regent Atila (Phil) - seeing the Sheriff - I think, ok - he's going to begin the banter instead.. nay did I realize.. Regent Atila (kitty o'nine in hand) was already behind me as was Master William.... for some strange reason at that point it didn't matter if the Duchess was running off with one of m'crew.. I was surrounded by booty.. a Pyrate Queen's dream :twisted:

Time to start conspiring for next year! 8) (and for PARF & NYRF..and Pennsic..)

It was an absolutely awesome event.. whether it was the Wench Walk (my first).. playing with the kids (absolutely loved that).. being Rogued (OMG words can't describe) or singing chantey's with the merchants (who were really fun to play with) .. those were the best (non fencing) 3 weekends I've spent .. in a long time.

Absolutely Stupendously Wonderful! THANK YOU.. to everyone who came out and helped make EMMF awesome!

Artemisia
06-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Other than a low turnout.. the weekend was a blast! (Wouldn't you say, Lady Artemesia? :wink: )
I primped my hair in the Sheriff's reflective codpiece - though he wouldn't eat my strawberry! :twisted:

I was so nice meeting you - Po, Morghan, Fiona, Taranach :grouphug:
I just wished I could've stayed longer, but my friend wasn't doing too good in that heat (her hands actually felt hot after an hour of air conditioning in the car!) I will make it for an entire day next year.

I got my devil horns at EMMF! Now to find a little halo so I can hang it over one of the horns. :shock:
(I'll practice, but doubt I can get it centered properly Bonnie, it tends to go a little to the left..)
And I've GOT to get me a beaver fur cat-o-nine tails - Hoot!

PS to Sarah: French works :aok:

Lady Sarah
06-13-2005, 11:54 AM
I got my devil horns at EMMF! Now to find a little halo so I can hang it over one of the horns. :shock:
(I'll practice, but doubt I can get it centered properly Bonnie, it tends to go a little to the left..)
And I've GOT to get me a beaver fur cat-o-nine tails - Hoot!

PS to Sarah: French works :aok:

Devil horns, eh? hmm... that'll go with my Antennae!! (of which one particular Rogue kept petting gently and singing "Feelers... nothing more than, Feelers...") :roll::lol:

Glad to hear the French worked! I'll remember that when I encounter Sherrif Lance Rampant!

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-13-2005, 01:42 PM
It was an absolutely awesome event.. whether it was the Wench Walk (my first).. playing with the kids (absolutely loved that).. being Rogued (OMG words can't describe) or singing chantey's with the merchants (who were really fun to play with) .. those were the best (non fencing) 3 weekends I've spent .. in a long time.

Absolutely Stupendously Wonderful! THANK YOU.. to everyone who came out and helped make EMMF awesome!

Ahhhh, being Rogued, now you know why I always walk around with a shite-eatin' grin on me face...

I cannot even express how much fun I had nor say how grateful I am to work with such a talented bunch o' people. The vendors as well as the cast I played with rocked.

Ladies, if any of thee ever have the chance to "work the other side of the footlights," do so. It's something you've gotta experience!

Artos O'Dalriada
06-13-2005, 02:45 PM
well, home improvement project #683 completed, putting the rest off till the glowing sunburn on my back and shoulders dies down a bit. and pngwnmama, i see no problems getting to or from the booth, unless you know something i don't?

Myfanawy
06-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Ah, to be rogued....
Unfortunately, my chances don't seem to be too good in AZ, as there's not many wenches here, and probably even fewer rogues. :cry:

Guess that means I'll have to visit another faire...
--M

Lady Sarah
06-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Ah, to be rogued....
Unfortunately, my chances don't seem to be too good in AZ, as there's not many wenches here, and probably even fewer rogues. :cry:

Guess that means I'll have to visit another faire...
--M

come on out to Scarby next year!

Myfanawy
06-13-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm very much hoping to do so. I won't be in school that semester, so I should be able to make it. I've heard some great things about the Texas wenches, and would love to meet up with you ladies! About 1000 miles drive, but well worth it.
--M

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
06-13-2005, 11:09 PM
It was so nice meeting you - Po, Morghan, Fiona, Taranach :grouphug:
I just wished I could've stayed longer, but my friend wasn't doing too good in that heat (her hands actually felt hot after an hour of air conditioning in the car!) I will make it for an entire day next year.:

...and it was indeed delightful to finally meet you Artemisia. It was our sorrow as well to hear that you had to depart. Your gracious beauty lit up the entire faire during your visit.

I got my devil horns at EMMF! Now to find a little halo so I can hang it over one of the horns. :shock::

:lol: Hey a wee bit of Makin's Clay applied to the halo and allowed to dry... or make the whole thing out of FIMO or Makin's Clay and leave holes for the horn tips....

And I've GOT to get me a beaver fur cat-o-nine tails - Hoot!:

THAT... could be arranged... :twisted:
PM me and we can discuss particulars...

Taranach[/quote]

Margaret
06-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Morning all and everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Well, it's stull doing it's impression of a terrarium outside. I'm sure we are at 8 million percent humidity or something quite close to that.

Off to get more coffee and face the day!!

Lady Sarah
06-14-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm very much hoping to do so. I won't be in school that semester, so I should be able to make it. I've heard some great things about the Texas wenches, and would love to meet up with you ladies! About 1000 miles drive, but well worth it.
--M

indeed it is! I'm sure we can find some accomodations for you as well with enough advance warning! :lol:

Buxom Wench
06-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Good morning all !!!

First off, glad to see you here Taranach :D . Hope all has worked in your favor during your job troubles.

hmmm,..... Texas?.... road trip?......... now THAT'S something to think about. :D

BTW, if anyone can figure out how to PERMANENTLY get rid of Bronchitis, please let me know. I'm going thru it again and to be quite blunt, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired".

Lady Sarah
06-14-2005, 09:42 AM
hmmm,..... Texas?.... road trip?......... now THAT'S something to think about.
:D

YES!! YES!! YESS!!!! COME ON DOWN TO SCARBY!

(whaddya think.. shameless enough? :rofl:)

Seriously, come on down to Scarby next year! There's a hotel just down the road that's quite nice from what I hear. I'd offer a guest bed at my house, but it's a 30-45 minute drive for me and the hotel's nicer to deal with first thing in the morning! :lol:

Ciani
06-14-2005, 09:54 AM
BTW, if anyone can figure out how to PERMANENTLY get rid of Bronchitis, please let me know. I'm going thru it again and to be quite blunt, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired".

Some people have chronic bronchitis. It's usually due to things like smoking, being around too much pollution, allergies, or an infection that never fully heals. I guess the first thing to do is try to figure out what's causing the relapses. Then you'll have an idea on how to make it go away. I'm pretty sure they have pharmaceutical support for healing from a non-infection kind of bronchitis, but I think it's steroids. I used to live with someone who had it chronic, so I'm only remembering part of the info, but you could most likely find more via google.

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-14-2005, 11:03 AM

They used sulfa drugs to kick it's butt when I had chronic Bronchitis and pneumonia 4 times in 7 months. They also did allergy tests. Found out I was allergic to all sorts of nasties... mold, mildew, pollen, grass, cats, dogs, dust mites, perfumes... and more.

I worked in a warehouse and was dealing with the dust, exhaust from the forklifts, bat guano and pigeons...

The sulfa drugs killed my tastebuds for a while. Toothpaste tasted like I had a mouthful of sh*t, but they and the allergy shots and inhalers got me thru that time. My lungs were so bad that I had asthma problems too. The allergies cause post-nasal drip, which irritates the back of the throat leaving you open for every little bug to get a foothold. At least that was my problem.

Good Luck with getting this cleared up. Has your doc said anything about allergies?

Tap ;~D

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-14-2005, 12:47 PM
[quote="Artemisia"I was so nice meeting you - Po, Morghan, Fiona, Taranach :grouphug:
I just wished I could've stayed longer, but my friend wasn't doing too good in that heat (her hands actually felt hot after an hour of air conditioning in the car!) I/quote]

Arte, it was so wonderful meeting you! I'm glad you had fun and we really didn't want ya to go and we're so sorry the day was so darn HOT! Bleh!

Phil absolutely loved ya! Thanks for staying for Ducal Auditions!

Luv ya hon!

pngwnmama
06-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Sounds like fun was had by all at EMMF!

Artos, I mean that you're a new rogue (ie. fresh meat) heading to PARF in a kilt. hmmm, could prove interesting!

And what was the home improvement project today?

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-15-2005, 08:18 AM
'Mornin' All!! Gonna be another hot one out there today! Stay hydrated!

Sets out the b'fast cart with danishes coffee, tea, refills the 5 gal jug with water and makes sure there's ice in the cooler for our bodice chillers

Sounds familiar, doesn't it, Sher, uh I mean, Po?

Lady Sarah
06-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Good Morning!

Yah, no kidding Fiona - it's supposed to get to 98 here with, Pollution Level Red <insert Darth Vader breathing here>

I'm glad I work in an office, arrive early enough to get parking under the building (where it's a decent 10-15 degrees cooler than the detached parking) and go home after the majority of the heat's dissipated.

ambles to the ice chest to fill her chiller Ahhhh yes... love that feeling.

Tapestry MacGillicuddly
06-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hopefully they are telling the truth here and it isn't supposed to go higher than 80. Last night they said that out of the last 7 days, 5 were over 90. I really think it was more days than just 5.

It's supposed to be mid-70s by Friday. The cat is ready to do a happy dance.

Bodice chillers? We have bodice chillers? Oh yes, life is good!!!

Tap ;~D

po silvertop the rogue
06-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Quoth M'Lady Betty
Sounds like fun was had by all at EMMF!

5 Words, M'Lady:

Vanilla. Ginger. Mead. Dipped. Marshmallows.

...and Quoth Lady Fiona... the Henchwench Supreme
Sounds familiar, doesn't it, Sher, uh I mean, Po?

All Too familiar, M'dear.... Remind me to re-stock the cooler before Sat.- the Rapiermaniacs (plus Baron Rob and assorted others) are travelling to an SCA event in Binghampton to fence all day... No feast. No court.... just fun : "Arrive in time to open the list-field, fence till ya drop, smile till yer cheeks hurt.. then go the smeg home!" :lol:

(and this event, "Axes and Ales" includes a brewing competition.... Mmmm... Must remember to bring more Mead! -and marshmallows! :twisted: ...and the new feast-bow!:wink: )

[Can *you* say dueling Mead-dipped-marshmallows at 20 paces? ]

...and *Yes* -you'd better have a few bodice chillers around! Sometimes I think that's the only way the fairer half of the EMMF Steel-Rose cast survived....

s.

Ciani
06-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Oh! It's finally cooled off here since the massive thunderstorm yesterday afternoon! It's very nice. Except for me going to home to a huge pudding under my bed from the windows being open. That won't happen today nosiree.

So last night, against my better judgement, a friend talked me into getting ice cream. It was pralines and cream. I thought I was going to die. best icecream ever. yum. I love salted pecans and caramel.

Artos O'Dalriada
06-15-2005, 10:47 AM
i snapped a pic of the project, and once i complete the 2nd project, i'll be snappin a pic of that too.so far i'm told it looks good.

and hey, just because i'm a new rogue, doesn't mean i'm not expecting anything interesting...

ambar
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
*snicker* Artos, luv, that was an opening and a half. You may want to duck and run for cover :thinking: :haloslip:

Artos O'Dalriada
06-15-2005, 11:37 AM
duck and run? not my style dear. i like to face whatever's gonna happen, head-on, mischievous gleam in my eyes, and a big ole grin...

ambar
06-15-2005, 11:41 AM
For Artos:
::Kibbey bites tounge as she snickers hysterically in the corner::

For the rest of the world:
http://www.comics.com/comics/kitncarlyle/archive/images/kitncarlyle2061039050614.gif

http://www.comics.com/comics/roseisrose/archive/images/roseisrose2061039050614.gif

http://www.comics.com/creators/rubes/archive/images/rubes2004069250608.gif

Artemisia
06-15-2005, 11:43 AM
and hey, just because i'm a new rogue, doesn't mean i'm not expecting anything interesting...
Just hold on to your kilt and longbow, is all I have to say.

Morning All
:grouphug:

Ice for bodice chillers? I dun need no stinkin' bodice chiller - ::runs to ice chest, grabs handful of ice and drops ice down into bodice:: Uh Oh, now I know why!
Finally, a day where I can breathe and actually walk around outside without melting...melting...I'm melting... Of course, I'm also stuck at work today. :unamused:

WenchyMom
06-15-2005, 11:49 AM
HI EVERYBODY!!!!! how's my favorite wenchy and Roguely crews?? I've moved my computer to a more central location in the house so now I can play on the computer and watch the rugrats at the same time!!! Yea.

anyways, just thought I'd drop in for a second and say HI!!!!

WenchyMom
06-15-2005, 11:52 AM

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Ice for bodice chillers? I dun need no stinkin' bodice chiller - ::runs to ice chest, grabs handful of ice and drops ice down into bodice:: Uh Oh, now I know why!

Yes, unless you do what I did on 2nd Weekend which was leave the bodice chiller at home by mistake and fill the top of me dress with ice. By closing, it looked like it had been under an open fire hydrant...

not smart of me...not smart at all...

btw, have you seen my "wench fountain" photo yet?

Artemisia
06-15-2005, 12:38 PM
btw, have you seen my "wench fountain" photo yet?
Oh, do share!!!

Artos O'Dalriada
06-15-2005, 12:40 PM
ya know how i said if i found the tartan, i'd be in a kilt? Well, as the gods would have it, there isn't a store that i called in the area that has it. so, no kilt. $#%#%(^*#$%@!

Artemisia
06-15-2005, 12:53 PM
...anyways, just thought I'd drop in for a second and say HI!!!!
:grouphug: :smooch:

Myfanawy
06-15-2005, 01:23 PM
it's supposed to get to 98 here with, Pollution Level Red <insert Darth Vader breathing here>

Got you guys beat....it was 104 here in Tucson yesterday, and is supposed to hit 107 today.

"I'm melting...."
--M

rosefaeries
06-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Oh you guys are going to hate me. It is cool and very breezy here. Makes recovery from the hysterectomy easier. At least it would, if the apartment complex wasn't being worked on. I got to listen to the roof being done today after I got home. :roll: Just what I want to hear while resting. The thumping and bumping of construction workers.

Morghan
06-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Adelphia has been having "server issues".. so connections have been sketchy.. while I'm able to.. just stoppin' in to say :hi: to everyone...

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
06-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hopefully they are telling the truth here and it isn't supposed to go higher than 80. Last night they said that out of the last 7 days, 5 were over 90. I really think it was more days than just 5.

Bodice chillers? We have bodice chillers? Oh yes, life is good!!!

Tap ;~D

Yes... the temp is supposed to drop a bit around here as well ::happy dances:: I got sort of shanghaied to play the part of the 'Judge' in the play "Harvey" this week and backstage at the theater is deathly hot... I'm rather happy though, I learned about 12 pages of lines well enough to go off script in only 48 hours!!! Even so, I wish I could wear my straw hat... at EMMF I put a couple of handfuls of ice in there and it kept my head wonderfully cool!

Taranach

Taranach-of-IcePhoenix
06-15-2005, 11:07 PM
ya know how i said if i found the tartan, i'd be in a kilt? Well, as the gods would have it, there isn't a store that i called in the area that has it. so, no kilt. $#%#%(^*#$%@!

We had to order the McLeod tartan special... I think it was from a place in New York that in turn imports it from England/Scotland...

Taranach

Fiona Freckl'dbottom
06-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Mornin' everyone!!

Kibby, the Rogue & I loved the funnies you posted here yesters. Thanks for the yuk-yuks!

It's nearly Friday! Which means we have 2 days to figure out what main dish Himself is gonna bring to his family reunion this sat...I'm making a strawberry pie but he's not sure what he wants to make yet.

Lady Sarah
06-16-2005, 08:18 AM
bounces in, doin' her happy groove dance...

It's Thursday, I made a small fabric score last night (which means three new bodices for me!!), and I woke up in a good mood!!

HAPPY THURSDAY EVER'BODY!

WenchyMom
06-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Good morning everyone. I'm glad to have power back. it seems this company can not maintain thier stuff properly. I just glanced at it sleeping on the floor in my living room just wasn't fun. So I'm a little grouchy with these idiots. by the time the stuff came back on I was just to tired and hot to move everyone back to thier rooms. Here's the story.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory/3227773

Margaret
06-16-2005, 08:30 AM
bounces in, doin' her happy groove dance...

It's Thursday, I made a small fabric score last night (which means three new bodices for me!!), and I woke up in a good mood!!

HAPPY THURSDAY EVER'BODY!

:shock: QUICK!! Someone check what's in her tea this morning!! It could be a replay of the power drink day!!

Awww hell! /Joins Sarah in the bouncing happy dance. If you can't beat them, join them! :D

Morning!!!!