PDA

View Full Version : still alive

DangerousCurves
02-04-2009, 08:47 AM
So I made it through surgery on Monday and after some minor complications that kept me in overnight, I am home. Can't get to my computer dowmstairs so I will be surfing from the Blackberry while I hold down this recliner. What I wouldn't give to be able to lie flat on a bed right now! Everything really hurts right now but I have things to look forward to after healing...like a new corset! Whoot!

Ysobelle
02-04-2009, 09:03 AM
So I made it through surgery on Monday and after some minor complications that kept me in overnight, I am home. Can't get to my computer dowmstairs so I will be surfing from the Blackberry while I hold down this recliner. What I wouldn't give to be able to lie flat on a bed right now! Everything really hurts right now but I have things to look forward to after healing...like a new corset! Whoot!

I'm here for you. When you feel, you know, a bit more human again.

serena
02-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Good to hear that you are home now and doing well. I fully understand the wanting to be in a regular bed after surgery, I've had to sleep in the recliner after both of my back surgeries. Get better soon.::flowers:::hug::

Ravin' Raven
02-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm so glad you're doing well baby cakes...

You have the cell number. Call if you need anything.

Low long will you be away from work?

Torra
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Glad to hear you're doing well! Recliners are where I've ended up after all my surgeries...I agree with you, not so much fun.

daBaroness
02-04-2009, 11:26 AM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn119/dabaroness/phrases/FEEL20BETTER20SOON.jpg

Lady Hefron
02-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Feel better soon. Sending healing prayers.

SHpepperKat
02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
::flowers: Get Well Soon ! ! !

DangerousCurves
02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I am allowed to go back to work as soon as I feel up to it. My paperwork has me off 2-4 weeks but I originally planned on being back tomorrow. Seeing as I cannot move much and all ambulation is with the aid of a walker, I think I will be post-poning my return. I have to be feeling half decent by Friday cuz I have an interview for another position which would give me quite a pay raise and while still lots of B.S. I wouldn't have the drama in my job that I do now. Hopefully it will look good that I came in despite feeling atrocious. So is any of those girls out there are wondering about bariatric surgery, I can now give you an idea of what to expect with the lap band.

Ravin' Raven
02-05-2009, 06:48 AM
I have to be feeling half decent by Friday cuz I have an interview for another position which would give me quite a pay raise and while still lots of B.S.

If you really can't be up to it could they do this interview by phone? It's the same company so they could confirm that you are out on medical leave...

just don't want you pushing it.

Lady Hefron
02-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I was out for 2 1/2 weeks with by gastric bypass...open because I was so large. If you have any questions you think I can answer please PM me.

DangerousCurves
02-05-2009, 08:41 AM
I am sure I'll be full of questions when I'm not so tired. I have yet to get in the 60+ grams of protein a day cuz I have no appetite. I am drinking a lot of water though because it's really the only thing that appeals to me. Good news is that I probably won't have to pay a co-pay since I ended up being admitted and that my secondary insurance is going to help quite a bit.