PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes

Holly
06-30-2005, 01:29 PM
SOO.. it is around the corner.. and I wanted to know what days people were coming.. so i can plan accordingly...
<runs off to plot>

Cerulean Fire
06-30-2005, 01:45 PM
hmmm... can we just live there???lol I am going like every weekend. Only day i might be missing is this sunday.

BuxomBrigid
06-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Greetings Fellow Wenches....Ciani told me about your friendly local and that you were pretty active and closer to me than my "official" local. So I thought I would pop in and introduce myself *curtsy*.

I'm headed to the GLMF on July 16 and Aug. 6. Lookin' forward to meetin' me fellow wenches @ the faires.

Miracle Wench
06-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Because of what happened today.
Being embarrassed on the board was not fair to myself and those who were talking with me.
It was a big miss understanding.

Things on the board should be taken as a joke or in fun nothing more.

I would have never done anything like that to embarrassed myself or anyone else.

The really sad thing about this is I really enjoyed meeting all of them over the weekend .

Now I feel I have to be careful what I say or do and to whom I talk with.

Yah I know how to behave in public my mom and dad Taught me that much.

I was a LADY before I was a WENCH and that is the way I will always be a LADY first.

Shawn

If I have offended anyone I'm sorry but this how I feel.

Holly
06-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Miracle..
dont be sad.. if you look into my board history i made quite a few mistakes...

also some people who know you well in rl... well can inferr your tone of vioce and menaing..
as you can do others tha tyou know better...

Jokes and dry sarcastic humor.. as fabulous as it might be .. it can be hard to translate if you dont know the writer...

XOXOX-
I still hope you are haning around lots...I likey you ..

Me can love you long time... :)LOL

Bridget BeadWeaver
07-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Well I think we all know that our fearless leader (that'd be me folks) will be there every weekend WITH A BOOTH! I'll be there every day except the first Saturday in August kox my step-daughter is gettin married that day blarag! how inconsiderate for her to plan her wedding on a faire day!!!!!
heh

so - the booth is called Maximum Glitter. We'll be doing henna body art.
We're near the gate on the back side of that food court by the pirate stage and diagonal from the PUB! since we were there so long ago to set up, I dont know what other vendors are around, but believe me.....you'll be able to find us without much effort.....we tend to be the ones making all the mayhem.

BB - welcome to the group! where is it you're from? We're all for the more the merrier!

BTW - any pin wearin guild member that comes for henna at glmf will get a discount from us.

and to sean...Im sorry you feel the way you do. The board is a great place for misunderstandings. Hope you can understand and move on. I never meant to come down hard on any one single person. Just wanted everyone to understand how important it was to follow the rules.

:zen: tomorrow is another faire day!! (well for me anyway)

:grouphug: hope we can all:grouphug: just get along!! :grouphug:

Miracle Wench
07-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Hey Miracle..
dont be sad.. if you look into my board history i made quite a few mistakes...

also some people who know you well in rl... well can inferr your tone of vioce and menaing..
as you can do others tha tyou know better...

Jokes and dry sarcastic humor.. as fabulous as it might be .. it can be hard to translate if you dont know the writer...

XOXOX-
I still hope you are haning around lots...I likey you ..

Me can love you long time... :)LOL

Of course I will hang around you gals and guys. All of you have been a lot of fun and I look forward to more, I just need a little time to lick my wounds then I will be alright.
Yah I know
I may have over reacted too but XXXXXX I will leave it at that.
I had a good time once I past a few things :oops: and the recovered from the jello shots :lol:
:oops:
Shawn

Miracle Wench
07-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Well I think we all know that our fearless leader (that'd be me folks) will be there every weekend WITH A BOOTH! I'll be there every day except the first Saturday in August kox my step-daughter is gettin married that day blarag! how inconsiderate for her to plan her wedding on a faire day!!!!!
heh

so - the booth is called Maximum Glitter. We'll be doing henna body art.
We're near the gate on the back side of that food court by the pirate stage and diagonal from the PUB! since we were there so long ago to set up, I dont know what other vendors are around, but believe me.....you'll be able to find us without much effort.....we tend to be the ones making all the mayhem.

BB - welcome to the group! where is it you're from? We're all for the more the merrier!

BTW - any pin wearin guild member that comes for henna at glmf will get a discount from us.

and to sean...Im sorry you feel the way you do. The board is a great place for misunderstandings. Hope you can understand and move on. I never meant to come down hard on any one single person. Just wanted everyone to understand how important it was to follow the rules.

:zen: tomorrow is another faire day!! (well for me anyway)

:grouphug: hope we can all:grouphug: just get along!! :grouphug:
I know you were doing your job.

Cerulean Fire
07-01-2005, 10:06 AM
:lumpy: i think this guy is cute lol

Cerulean Fire
07-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Maximum Glitter...got it, kool... near the Pub and the oooooohhhhhh PIRATES... :singdanc:
huh? oh yeah i was typing... lol... hehehe okok i must get pirates off my brain... nah.. it will be alright... so i will be there every weekend except the one following the 4th. I am going to a music festival... my Mommy boght me tickets and they were expencive and I was shamlessly guilted into it... she works there. she wanted family there just in case... long "pink ribbion" story.
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhooooooooooo! the faire is comming the faire is comming... yeah yeah yeah....
i wish all of could go... we are camping this weekend and i hope to other times as well. but we only live like 45 min away... so if any one ever wants a real shower or to do laundry... they can .

:bananada: :singdanc: :haloslip: :bananada: :singdanc: :haloslip: :bananadance:

BuxomBrigid
07-01-2005, 10:22 AM
[quoteBB - welcome to the group! where is it you're from? We're all for the more the merrier!

BTW - any pin wearin guild member that comes for henna at glmf will get a discount from us. [/quote]

Thank thee fer the welcome. I'm located South of Akron, OH. (Just head East on I-76 about an hour into Ohio and you're at my house) My closest faires are GLMF and Pitt.

*sob* pin wearin' I'm waiting on me packet!

I will definatley be checkin out the Maximum Glitter....close to de Pirates (as me significant other will be floating that way)

Holly
07-01-2005, 10:35 AM
hey blue... how many weeks have you been waiting for your packet?

Ciani
07-01-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't know when I will be coming out to GLMF yet. Not this weekend for sure. Having a bbq and small party on Saturday. All of you ladies that I met this past weekend are more than welcome to stop by my house in evening if you wish, just drop me a PM. I don't know if it's out of the way for all of you or just some. Miss you all already. It feels like it's been longer than a week!

Ysobelle
07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Head-->desk, repeat.

Look, the reason I asked Heather to step in was because I was in the middle of the thread saying, "Yeah, but you guys wouldn't do this at faire, right?" and getting ignored. All you guys had to say right off the bat was, "Nope, don't worry," and that would have been it. I don't know most of you, and y'all don't know our faire, so I can't assume everything's going to be smooth sailing. So don't feel persecuted-- I just wanted to be sure we all understand the lay of the land at PARF. It's a GREAT show, and they've been VERY good to the Wenches.

And yes, everyone's invited-- and encouraged!-- to come Walk in the parade with us whenever you happen to be on site-- every day at 2.30, before Chess. Okay? Are we all on the same page now?

Ciani
07-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Nikki, I understand where you are coming from. I originally thought my reply to that question was clear, but I frequently think I am clear when I'm not. :oops: I do apologize for that. I freaked out quite a bit yesterday I admit. It was my birthday and nothing ever goes right on my birthday so I was more upset than I normally would have been. anyway... I'm sure I'll visit PARF again at some point. I look forward to seeing you again.

Ysobelle
07-01-2005, 11:42 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And honest, it's fabulous. I know none of you are going to get the Order of the Raging Rhino. Freak not, and come see us again!

Miracle Wench
07-01-2005, 12:38 PM
We were all joking thats all we do is joke and not do.

Holly
07-01-2005, 12:43 PM
ok.. sos in 24 hours i will be slave to Hezzie.. :)
Whos coming tomarrow??

Bean
07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
No Saturday, but Sunday this week.

BTW, who can come to the local library thing on Tuesday July 26th? It's part of the summer reading program, 6-8pm, and they will feed us. All we gotta' do is show up in garb................. I sent emails, but some people I don't have addy's for..................send me a PM if you can come down to Grove City.

Cerulean Fire
07-01-2005, 01:21 PM
hey blue... how many weeks have you been waiting for your packet?

TOO DARN LONG!!!! :tantrum:
about 2 months i think, can i have my pin now? PLEASE?!?!?!?!?

Cerulean Fire
07-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Head-->desk, repeat.

Look, the reason I asked Heather to step in was because I was in the middle of the thread saying, "Yeah, but you guys wouldn't do this at faire, right?" and getting ignored. All you guys had to say right off the bat was, "Nope, don't worry," and that would have been it. I don't know most of you, and y'all don't know our faire, so I can't assume everything's going to be smooth sailing. So don't feel persecuted-- I just wanted to be sure we all understand the lay of the land at PARF. It's a GREAT show, and they've been VERY good to the Wenches.

And yes, everyone's invited-- and encouraged!-- to come Walk in the parade with us whenever you happen to be on site-- every day at 2.30, before Chess. Okay? Are we all on the same page now?
we know... and i am sorry if i didn't get back to you soon enough...

Cerulean Fire
07-01-2005, 02:01 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And honest, it's fabulous. I know none of you are going to get the Order of the Raging Rhino. Freak not, and come see us again!

What is that???

Ysobelle
07-01-2005, 08:17 PM
It's something we bandied about for a while as a sort of Dunce Cap for bad Wenches. And not "good" bad, either, if you know what I mean. We once had a Wench full-frontal kilt-check a guy in a bar after a faire, and she supposedly excused her behaviour by saying something like, "It's okay, I'm a Wench." THAT is a Raging Rhino.

Shudder.

Cerulean Fire
07-01-2005, 09:47 PM
It's something we bandied about for a while as a sort of Dunce Cap for bad Wenches. And not "good" bad, either, if you know what I mean. We once had a Wench full-frontal kilt-check a guy in a bar after a faire, and she supposedly excused her behaviour by saying something like, "It's okay, I'm a Wench." THAT is a Raging Rhino.

Shudder.

no thats a raging LUNITIC!!!

Holly
07-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Bean.. i can try to make it..

Ciani
07-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Bean, There's no way I can get there in time :( I hope it goes well. If they end up doing something similar on a sunday or something it would be much more doable for me, but at the earliest I could get there is 7pm without any traffic whatsoever, if I managed to get out of work on time, and still wouldn't be dressed. None of which is terribly likely.

bleh.

Speaking of garb.. my cotton stuff didn't fare in the wash very well. The seam on the pink skirt is burnt through in one section, and the bloomers and chemises all look like they are years old. :/ the poly cotton skirts all look perfectly fine though. I wonder what I did wrong.

Miracle Wench
07-03-2005, 10:14 AM

BTW, who can come to the local library thing on Tuesday July 26th? It's part of the summer reading program, 6-8pm, and they will feed us. All we gotta' do is show up in garb................. I sent emails, but some people I don't have addy's for..................send me a PM if you can come down to Grove City.
Sorry hun but have a herd of kids that day If I can get everyone goign in the right direction I will but as of now I can't.
Had a good time last weekend look forward to the next time.

Cerulean Fire
07-04-2005, 04:27 PM

I will try to make it... can i bring my kids? I will put them in garb as well. My email is
[email protected] if youwant it...
Ceru

Bean
07-04-2005, 07:41 PM
You sure can bring the kids!! I think it would be great for the other kids to see their peers in garb!! They will feed us, too, but don't know what they are having.....................

Cerulean Fire
07-04-2005, 11:48 PM
thats ok... my kids will eat anything...lolI am sure that they will have a good time, what are our dutys? Will I need to bring someone to help with the munchkins?

I am so bumed... i really don't wanna go to the Blue Heron Music Festival... I wanna go to GLMF. But My mom already got our tickets... so I am locked in good an tight.. oh well. what can you do?

I wan to say that Hez looked MARVALOUS as last sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was eye popping! and beautifuly dressed.... What a madam have we... Bean Looked " HOT" ( my friend Todd couldn't stop talking about how gourgus he thinks she is...I think he wants to be pirated away) Hez's MOM LOOKED SO CUTE! she made a Great Pirate. Trish and Shannon looked fabulas as I am finding out is a usual occurance. Holly , as always , was looking so sweet she was giving cavitys at 50 paces!
And I now have a new favorit band of players! I am now a Bardic Wind fan! They are HILARIOUS and very talanted... and bendy... did i mention bendy? There web sight is www.bardicwind.com and if you havent already, you so need to visit it!

Ciani
07-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I am being tempted with coming out to GLMF sometime this weekend. It's still only a possibility as I have other plans I need to try to work around. Still.. I have my eye on pirates weekend too. mmm pirates.

edit: Ok, I'll be there Saturday with my roommate. A couple of friends might also head out. :) Course I'll be the only one of us in garb but whatcha gonna do? :)

BuxomBrigid
07-07-2005, 04:55 PM
I'll be out there next Saturdy (7/16), if anyone is thinking of heading out and would like to meet up.

I wish I could head out on Pirates weekend :( I'm having surgery that Friday :( DH is disappointed, but I promised him we'd head to Pitt on Pirate weekend ;)

Ciani~ On Aug. 6th I am headed out to GLMF too with a bunch of friends...I'm making them buy garb to go in! LOL! Get your friends to rent costumes!

Ciani
07-07-2005, 05:11 PM
I offered to sew them garb, but most have declined. My roommate came very very close to saying he'd dress as a monk but then backed down. He said maybe next time and he will think about it. I think he wants to but isn't ready to make the leap. He's unwilling to dress as a pirate though.. believe me I tried!

BuxomBrigid
07-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Sheeeesshhh.....almost willing to go as a monk, but not a pirate? Heck, my goofball man wears leather pants in 90 degrees to dress like a pirate! LOL! I think my friend picked up a pair of cloth pants though....anyway...just take em...they'll get hooked and be sorry they didn't dress up ;)

Ciani
07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I don't understand what's up with that. I'm still trying to figure it out. There's something he doesn't like about the various male garb but he hasn't fully verbalized it to me so it's hard to work around.

Ciani
07-08-2005, 11:00 PM
tomorrow! See at least some of you tomorrow :) I can't wait! Did I mention my garb is in rough shape? I need to buy better material I think.. and bleach my chemises. Well not before tomorrow anyway. sigh. But hopefully it'll all look decent when it's put together. :excited:

Cerulean Fire
07-11-2005, 06:35 PM
i got my PIN.... :bananada: i got my PIIIIN

my number is 3121... thats so fun...
Ceru

Ciani
07-11-2005, 07:04 PM

Ceru

yay! So when will you be at glmf so I can see you again?

Cerulean Fire
07-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I will be there almost every weekend. I think i have other plans for the last weekend though. If you go you have to see Bardtic Wind... they ROCK! I was so impressed. And the Tortuga Twins are really fun. The washing well wenches werent as fun as I remembered them but they had a different cast. And i will have a realy cool costume for a few of the weekends... you will see...

Ciani
07-11-2005, 07:49 PM
I will be there almost every weekend. I think i have other plans for the last weekend though. If you go you have to see Bardtic Wind... they ROCK! I was so impressed. And the Tortuga Twins are really fun. The washing well wenches werent as fun as I remembered them but they had a different cast. And i will have a realy cool costume for a few of the weekends... you will see...

Really? They were the same wenches from last year when I went. Anyway.. yes, I missed all of the other acts and need to see them when I go next. I'm hoping maybe pirates weekend.. I can't really afford more than one more trip with all the others coming up.

BuxomBrigid
07-13-2005, 08:49 AM
And the Tortuga Twins are really fun

I've always had to catch their early show, because we had wee ears with us.....this weekend I am looking forward to a later show. Supposedly the show gets more adult as the day goes on...or it used to.

I'll be out at GLMF this Saturday with my pirate husband. Anyone else headed out this weekend?

Ciani
07-13-2005, 09:14 AM

I've always had to catch their early show, because we had wee ears with us.....this weekend I am looking forward to a later show. Supposedly the show gets more adult as the day goes on...or it used to.

I'll be out at GLMF this Saturday with my pirate husband. Anyone else headed out this weekend?

I seem to remember them telling us that we should catch the last show if at all possible.

Miracle Wench
07-13-2005, 09:25 AM

Ceru

YAH thats great :D I would love to write something but I seem to say the right things that get me in trouble but watch out piraite :wink:
hugs
Shawn

Cerulean Fire
07-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Here is the info for the Great Lakes Medevil Faire.... hope you can all make it at least once!!! It would be such fun!
Ceru

The weekend dates are: July 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31, August 6, 7

Ticket prices for the GLMF 2005
Adults (Ages 13 & up) --- $14.95 for presale or internet tickets.
Adults (Ages 13 & up) --- $16.95 for tickets at the door

Child (5-12) --- $4.95 --- for presale or internet tickets.
Child (5-12) --- $5.95 --- FREE ages 4 and under

Season Pass ------ $50.00 (Come all you want!! Best Value)
Weekend Pass --- $25.00 (One consecutive Saturday and Sunday)

Discount tickets available at participating locations throughout Northeastern Ohio and Northwestern PA.

Tickets may be purchased at the gate, on our website, by phone using VISA,Master Card or Discover or via mail on Faire brochure order form.

PHONE:
440-474-4280
1-888-MEDIEVAL (1-888-633-4382) Toll Free
440-474-4283 FAX

Themed Weekends
Themed Weekends

Week 1 --- A Royal Brew-Ha-Ha!

Week 2 --- Pipe & Drum Weekend

Week 3 --- Roman Holiday Wine Celebration

Week 4 --- Pirates Invasion Weekend

Week 5 --- Italian Carnivale & Masquerade

Week 6 --- Highland Gaming Weekend

Cerulean Fire
07-13-2005, 11:30 AM

I seem to remember them telling us that we should catch the last show if at all possible.

Only if you can stand to miss the Bardtic Wind finalie show...
Ceru

Miracle Wench
07-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Here is the info for the Great Lakes Medevil Faire.... hope you can all make it at least once!!! It would be such fun!
Ceru

The weekend dates are: July 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31, August 6, 7

Ticket prices for the GLMF 2005
Adults (Ages 13 & up) --- $14.95 for presale or internet tickets.
Adults (Ages 13 & up) --- $16.95 for tickets at the door

Child (5-12) --- $4.95 --- for presale or internet tickets.
Child (5-12) --- $5.95 --- FREE ages 4 and under

Season Pass ------ $50.00 (Come all you want!! Best Value)
Weekend Pass --- $25.00 (One consecutive Saturday and Sunday)

Discount tickets available at participating locations throughout Northeastern Ohio and Northwestern PA.

Tickets may be purchased at the gate, on our website, by phone using VISA,Master Card or Discover or via mail on Faire brochure order form.

PHONE:
440-474-4280
1-888-MEDIEVAL (1-888-633-4382) Toll Free
440-474-4283 FAX

Themed Weekends
Themed Weekends

Week 1 --- A Royal Brew-Ha-Ha!

Week 2 --- Pipe & Drum Weekend

Week 3 --- Roman Holiday Wine Celebration

Week 4 --- Pirates Invasion Weekend

Week 5 --- Italian Carnivale & Masquerade

Week 6 --- Highland Gaming Weekend

I will see what I can do
thanks for the info
Shawn

BuxomBrigid
07-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Bridget~ So sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by and say Hello this weekend. My first pass by your booth looked rather busy, so I thought I would wait...well then the heavens opened up and I ran like the girl I am to my Jeep!

I had a blast though!!!! Bardic Wind and Tortuga Twins are always worth the drive!

I'm headed out again August 6th...I'll be with the merry band of pirates I am bringing with me oh and a kid who refuses to go as a pirate and is coming as an elf...if you see us say Hi!

Holly
07-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Con grats on the pin Blue!
Squeee!

Pirate weekend this weekend!!

Double Squee!

Ciani
07-18-2005, 11:34 AM
what day are people planning to be there this weekend?

Cerulean Fire
07-18-2005, 12:30 PM
both days for me.... he he he!!!
and dont miss the bardicwind show!!!

Bean
07-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Sunday for me............ and I got this wild hair and decided I need a new outfit!!

Ciani
07-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Sunday for me............ and I got this wild hair and decided I need a new outfit!!

wild hair? what does it look like? Maybe I'll come Sunday then since it sounds like more of you will be there (so far). Plus I have an Irish festival on Saturday so I won't have to decide between the two :)

Holly
07-18-2005, 11:09 PM
i should be there both days if i can get the $$ needed to make the trip..

at the very least i will be there saturday to work..

hi ho hi ho... :)

Ciani
07-22-2005, 10:31 AM
I might not make it out this weekend. I'm feeling pretty sick so I'm going to wait and reserve judgement on Sunday about whether or not it'll happen. Sick and in pain in 90+ degree temperatures just doesn't sound fun to me right now, but maybe something will change. Just wanted to let you all know...

Bean
07-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciani
07-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks Bean :) I'm starting to feel a better now. Did everyone have fun last weekend?

Holly
07-28-2005, 12:34 AM
it wasnt bad..

good saturday.. but the rain kept the Sunday very slow..

of course any day is a good day that i am with friends..

Cerulean Fire
07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
saturday was awesome!!! can't wait till tomarrow... hehe
I am going as a Harliquine..... fun.... see everyone on saturday....
Ceru

Cerulean Fire
08-04-2005, 04:49 PM
6 Weekends is so not enough!!!

BuxomBrigid
08-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Anyone headed out this weekend? I'm draggin' a crew with me and makin' em ALL dress up :D

Holly
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
That is a negative captain..

I know i am not gonna be there.. however some of the wenches will be!

Bean
08-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I'll be there my usual Sunday at Maximum Glitter!!