PDA

View Full Version : Tae Bo ... Anyone try it?

Kit
06-30-2005, 05:27 PM
I just got a Tae Bo DVD and I did my first workout today... it's pretty intense. Anyone else try it? Anyone find any success?

BuxomBrigid
07-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I have some of the Billy Banks ones...and they are great cardio work outs, but remember to get something to tone and sculpt too!

Kit
07-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Ah yes! Thanks for the tip!

Lady Arianna
08-06-2005, 03:09 PM
I take a kick boxing class. Let me tell you - what a freakin workout. I try and go 4 days a week they are 1 hour sessions. I sleep better and am gettin toned up. It is a lot of fun. If you ever get the chance, take a class. My classes are with an actual black belt at a Tae Kwon Do. Sometimes they offer a free session to try it out.

Bonnie Scarlet
11-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Just be careful when doing TaeBo (and I speak as someone who has trained in martial arts and is a stage combat performer)...

If you're an average Josephine who hasn't had much real martial arts training and you go headlong into the TaeBo thing, PLEASE take it slow and be careful. Don't push yourself.

Billy Blanks has been touted as a martial arts master, but he's really more of a workout guru. A lot of the things and techniques he presents in his TaeBo program are honestly potentially dangeous and harmful for people who don't live in the gym like him.

It can get pretty high-impact and can be pure murder on your joints and such. Stretch at your own pace for at LEAST 20 minutes prior to doing his workouts. Enjoy and play hard (but safe!)