PDA

View Full Version : Manly, yes, but ...

Taffy Saltwater
02-14-2009, 03:18 PM
What is it that is unique to men & totally revs your engine? I love watching a man shave, but the best is a gorgeous man in a wet dress shirt, a la Ewen McGregor in Down with Love or John Wayne in the Quiet Man.

http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/libertas/wp-content/rainkiss4.jpg

Isabelle Warwicke
02-14-2009, 03:31 PM
I lovelovelove that movie!

Laurensa
02-14-2009, 03:47 PM
A well-fitted suit totally trips my trigger.

There's just something about a suit that makes me wibble. The last time Greg wore a suit to DJ a wedding, I almost didn't let him out of the house.:-D

Gemdrite
02-14-2009, 05:00 PM
A man dressed all in black. Scrumptious!

Tempest_Gypsy
02-14-2009, 11:42 PM
A man in casual jeans and really nice shoes...or the reverse. I've got no explination, just yum.

So, yes, I am loving the current regeneration of the Doctor rocking the suit and tennis shoes!

Margaret
02-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Jeans, button down shirt, bare foot. Ohhhhh yeahhhhh.

And, a man must have strong hands. I gotta be knowing I am getting held.

Black Delia
02-15-2009, 11:00 AM
uniforms... *shivers* ... mmm

Alchemist23
02-15-2009, 12:32 PM
If we are talking about style... I've recently become aware that I LOVE it when men roll up dress shirts so you can see their forearms. How odd is that?

Gemdrite
02-15-2009, 12:38 PM
If we are talking about style... I've recently become aware that I LOVE it when men roll up dress shirts so you can see their forearms. How odd is that?
I do too. Something about the juxtaposition of a nice (fragile) shirt and strong arms, I think.

Taffy Saltwater
02-15-2009, 04:30 PM

& they do it ... just .... so. It's that promise of flesh beneath the button down, button up exterior.

Ravin' Raven
02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Jeans, button down shirt, bare foot. Ohhhhh yeahhhhh.

And, a man must have strong hands. I gotta be knowing I am getting held.

It's scary how much alike you and I think sometimes...:bow:

good thing you like 'em bald and I like 'em with enough hair to grab...we'd be fightin' over the same ones all the time...:snicker:

(note to self - for Mags' next birthday...Bruce Willis...jeans with just the top snap undone, white oxford with the sleeves rolled up just enough to expose how strong his hands and forearms are....no shoes....check...)

Mistress Morigianna
02-15-2009, 10:21 PM
long hair & leather pants ::yay::::yay::

hmmm i just thought about it and i like women with long hair and leather pants too......
so does that count ?

Margaret
02-15-2009, 10:22 PM
(note to self - for Mags' next birthday...Bruce Willis...jeans with just the top snap undone, white oxford with the sleeves rolled up just enough to expose how strong his hands and forearms are....no shoes....check...)

:aok:

October 25th!!! Send him on over!!!

Winifred Baskerville
02-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Long, dark coat. Maybe a cloak, if not too voluminous.

Lis Elfwench
02-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Long, dark coat. Maybe a cloak, if not too voluminous.

Really tall, in a long, dark coat and leather boots!

Either that, or a classic tux.

Lady Sarah
02-16-2009, 12:54 AM
I like the contrasting bits. A nice suit jacket, crisp shirt and tie paired with a pair of battered jeans - and the confidence to carry it off as if it's an everyday thing to wake up and realize the pants that match the jacket are still in the cleaners and all you've got left to wear is the battered around jeans.

Still, a guy can't go wrong fitted to the nines in a nice suit and tie. Put a pair of glasses on him and... RAWR. I guess it's the "Librarian" syndrome. I wanna see what's under the bookish, smart-man looks...

Strong hands are a good thing - but ya gotta have that wicked smile once in a while too. I gotta know that there's a devilish bastard under the charming facade.

Selena
02-16-2009, 09:42 AM

::wagtong:: Oh shut up!

Black Delia
02-16-2009, 09:51 AM
okay.. more than uniforms, its hard to pin down to a dress code. Its in the eyes. Scruffy, tailored, wearing a tux, (tuxes are sort of uniformish, yum) no matter what they wear, or how they work their hair (though a mustache that covers the lip is a bit of a turn-off), body (ugly feet don't do it for me), or present themselves (as long as they aren't arrogant and belittling, etc)... if there's a deep light of intellect, humor, sharpness, wisdom in those eyes... the more expressive the better! ...I'm drowning.

shadowcat546
02-23-2009, 03:08 AM
sigh...
a smirk....a twinkle in the eye
oh, god, a man on a motorcycle, or on horseback , for that matter
a man in a kilt (doesn't have to be "commando")
a man in a silk shirt (love running my hands over that..)

(mich. ren fest, (Holly) sept. 2008...yup, Tartanic..wanted to share)

daBaroness
02-23-2009, 05:12 AM
Tartanic - Adrian - man in a kilt on crack! The man is insane - gotta love that.