PDA

View Full Version : Not really new, but haven't been here in a while

GraceJayne
04-08-2009, 03:19 PM
My husband is in the navy and we move around a lot and I haven't had a lot of time since I joined the wench group to ever really get into it. I joined before I met him, and had every intention of getting involved, but then the moving began. LOL. Plus he seems to be constantly deployed and I never live around friends that would go to faire with me. I've never dressed for faire but would like to one day. I am currently living in Bedford, (southern) Indiana. I'm not even sure which chapter I should be in now, last time I was able to go to faire I lived in Great Lakes, IL and attended Bristol. I think my closest faire is now the one in Ohio...which a friend of mine wants me to attend with her. (YAY!, someone to go with!) anyWHO, if someone could guide me into the correct chapter I'd be grateful.

Gellis Indigo
04-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Welcome to Local #57!
:hi:

KissMeKate
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Hello again! :hi:

Hopefully Bristol isn't too far away as we'd love to see you back up here!

renspazgirl
04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Welcome Back. :hi:

ORF is my home faire and we'll be glad to have you there.

Kathryn Blakeley
04-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Welcome back! :hi:

GraceJayne
04-08-2009, 05:15 PM
so it's #57, thanks!

I can't wait, we are very excited. Having someone to go with is encouraging me to try and dress. lol. it always looks so fun.

Black Delia
04-08-2009, 07:17 PM
so it's #57, thanks!

I can't wait, we are very excited. Having someone to go with is encouraging me to try and dress. lol. it always looks so fun.

Local 57 ... Wenches of 'all' flavors! :rescue:

Margaret
04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Indeed - Local #57 it is!!

You will be in good company there at ORF - any questions just ask away!!

LissaRoisin
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
OHRF is my home faire as well!
Welcome back!

wrenchwench
04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Hello from up north just a bit (Fort Wayne, IN). Welcome to Local 57!

SilverMirth
04-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Welcome! Welcome! Sit back enjoy the scenery and by scenery I mean the fellas that pop in and tickle our uh wits (yeah thats what I mean wits). Or you can slide into a comfy chair on The SunPorch (http://www.wench.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87963) and enjoy the wallpaper and get a lovely massage from the cabana boy that we keep there at our beck and call.

First - Navy wife here as well. You'll see me flitting around the boards. Hubby (SpeedKnight or SK for short) posts a lot more often than I do. We are both orginially from Indiana. (BTW no one actually admits to living in Bedford :snicker: j/k). So if you are in Bedford let's see hubbys at the warfare center down that way or are you just living there while he does his thing elsewhere?

Second - I would think that the Fisher's Renaissance Faire (http://www.fishersrenfaire.com/) would actually be closer than the ones in Ohio since it is just northeast of Indianapolis (its really a suburb of Indy) so I'm thinking it's about 2 hours north of you. But most definitely travel and visit the sister wenches in OH! They rock!

GraceJayne
04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Welcome! Welcome! Sit back enjoy the scenery and by scenery I mean the fellas that pop in and tickle our uh wits (yeah thats what I mean wits). Or you can slide into a comfy chair on The SunPorch (http://www.wench.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87963) and enjoy the wallpaper and get a lovely massage from the cabana boy that we keep there at our beck and call.

First - Navy wife here as well. You'll see me flitting around the boards. Hubby (SpeedKnight or SK for short) posts a lot more often than I do. We are both orginially from Indiana. (BTW no one actually admits to living in Bedford :snicker: j/k). So if you are in Bedford let's see hubbys at the warfare center down that way or are you just living there while he does his thing elsewhere?

Second - I would think that the Fisher's Renaissance Faire (http://www.fishersrenfaire.com/) would actually be closer than the ones in Ohio since it is just northeast of Indianapolis (its really a suburb of Indy) so I'm thinking it's about 2 hours north of you. But most definitely travel and visit the sister wenches in OH! They rock!

I wish the hubby were stationed down the road at Crane, but he is in Mayport ..in florida at the moment. We are hoping he can get here or something not too far away when he goes to shore duty. *glorious shore duty* he's been deployed on 5 full deployments in 4.5 years and so many that were under 3 months I can't count. He's just lucky to always get ships that are always gone. ugh. I figure it's okay for me to LIVE in Bedford as long as I'm not FROM here. LOL.