PDA

View Full Version : Go in for milk, come out with 5 bags of stuff

MaidenFaeSnow
04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Sort of the same thing. The hubby wanted to stop in at a store on the way home from work to get another flash drive, which only costs about $10.

I came out with a new laptop tablet PC (http://www.shopping.hp.com/series/category/notebooks/tx2z_series/3/computer_store?jumpid=in_r329_personalization/browse1/SDP_SDP)! (So he spent a little more than $10 ::waggle::)

I've been looking into a new laptop as I've had mine for a few years and it just isn't as quick as I would like anymore. Gotta love my caveman (who loves to shop!) Perhaps now I'll be able to play around second life once in a while :)

Ysobelle
04-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Perhaps now I'll be able to play around second life once in a while :)

One of us...one of usss...!

I have land in Indigo where all Wenches-- hell, just about anyone-- is welcome any time. There's always a carrot cappuccino on the table in the oak grove.

MaidenFaeSnow
04-22-2009, 07:03 PM
One of us...one of usss...!

I have land in Indigo where all Wenches-- hell, just about anyone-- is welcome any time. There's always a carrot cappuccino on the table in the oak grove.

It's were I hung out in the past because I just don't know much about SL yet and didn't really know where to go and for what. My computer was so slow that it was a pain to wander around. Hopefully I'll be there enough to see some other IWG folks soon!

Bronya
04-22-2009, 07:14 PM
My daughter loves to shop. Even if it is just to get a box of envelopes. Her poor husband HATES to shop. He asks me all the time to go shopping with her so he doesn't have to. He said he 'doesn't even care how much she spends" as long as he doesn't have to go! Nice hubby you have!

Mistress Morigianna
04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
i'm on all the time- some times AFK so don't freak when i dont answer.

I still have wenches guild as a group- is anyone else using it? I check mayfaire sometimes but noone is there- but its still a pretty place to hang and organize

MaidenFaeSnow
04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
My daughter loves to shop. Even if it just to get a box of envelopes. Her poor husband HATES to shop. He asks me all the time to go shopping with her so he doesn't have to. He said he 'doesn't even care how much she spends" as long as he doesn't have to go! Nice hubby you have!

Yeah, my hubby is pretty amazing :)

I actually don't enjoy shopping much. If there is something I want/need, I go to wherever it is, get it and go. It takes a special store with unique stuff to make me want to browse.

Phoenix McHeit
04-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah, my hubby is pretty amazing :)
I'll second that - we love Freebird!

I actually don't enjoy shopping much. If there is something I want/need, I go to wherever it is, get it and go. It takes a special store with unique stuff to make me want to browse.That's how I am. I get bored pretty easily when just 'shopping'.

MaidenFaeSnow
04-22-2009, 07:30 PM
I'll second that - we love Freebird!

That's how I am. I get bored pretty easily when just 'shopping'.

Though I AM looking forward to some shopping this weekend!:aok:

Saucy Sue
04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
I like shopping. I just hate the crowds of annoying people who can't control their evil brats who think it is fun to play tag while screaming at the top of their lungs...especially in the book store!

MaidenFaeSnow
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
I like shopping. I just hate the crowds of annoying people who can't control their evil brats who think it is fun to play tag while screaming at the top of their lungs...especially in the book store!

We were at Red Lobster one day for lunch. This particular one has several smaller rooms as well as the larger dining area. We were in one of the smaller rooms which has about 12 booths and 4 tables. There were three tables at which sat multiple children (ages about 2-8). The room was so loud from the kids screaming and yelling that I couldn't hear my husband from across the table (we were in a booth)! Not ONE of the parents tried in the least to hush their children. It was so bad that the manager discounted our lunch.

Ravin' Raven
04-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I can attest to Freebird's love of shoppping. When we are strolling through the shire he is usually the one to detour when he sees a shiny!! I don't think he has any free fingers for more rings but I"m sure he'll keep trying to find just the right skull....

Phoenix McHeit
04-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Though I AM looking forward to some shopping this weekend!:aok:

Rut roh? I know I had a bit *coughcough* of wine, but all I remember about this weekend is the cookout. Were we planning something else? The Plant sale isn't til May...

now I'm worried that I'm missing something. :sorry:

MaidenFaeSnow
04-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Rut roh? I know I had a bit *coughcough* of wine, but all I remember about this weekend is the cookout. Were we planning something else? The Plant sale isn't til May...

now I'm worried that I'm missing something. :sorry:

Burned that brain cell before I even used it eh? LOL!

I know the plant sale is Mothers Day weekend, never fear! Guess I'm just looking forward to it a little bit ::whistle::

I've already got the goodies for THIS weekends happenings :wink:

Gemdrite
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, the title of this thread fits me perfectly. I went into a dealership to get a book with the different types of car models they offered, and left with a new car. :lol:

SHpepperKat
04-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah, the title of this thread fits me perfectly. I went into a dealership to get a book with the different types of car models they offered, and left with a new car. :lol:
So What did you get??? Show off and let the rest of us see too. Please?

Gemdrite
04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
So What did you get??? Show off and let the rest of us see too. Please?
Well, I don't have pics yet (school started back up this week and I'm exhausted!) but it's a dark red 2006 Honda CR-V. I am in love! My Honda Civic was a 2007, but it was so low to the ground that I was destroying the bumper going in and out of my driveway, over speedbumps, and into rain ditches. So I was going to compare the different vehicles Honda offered, to trade in eventually. Or, as it turns out, Sunday! lol. When I get pics, I'll post.

MaidenFaeSnow
04-29-2009, 06:50 AM
Well, I don't have pics yet (school started back up this week and I'm exhausted!) but it's a dark red 2006 Honda CR-V. I am in love! My Honda Civic was a 2007, but it was so low to the ground that I was destroying the bumper going in and out of my driveway, over speedbumps, and into rain ditches. So I was going to compare the different vehicles Honda offered, to trade in eventually. Or, as it turns out, Sunday! lol. When I get pics, I'll post.

YAY!!! New car smell! Congrats on your purchase :cheer:

Gemdrite
04-29-2009, 10:49 AM
YAY!!! New car smell! Congrats on your purchase :cheer:
Hahaha, actually, it *doesn't* have new car smell, which is one of the things I love about it. I hate new car smell. It has a nice clean smell, but not the new car smell that I spend the first couple weeks trying to kill with air fresheners, lol. Thank you for the congrats!

MaidenFaeSnow
04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Hahaha, actually, it *doesn't* have new car smell, which is one of the things I love about it. I hate new car smell. It has a nice clean smell, but not the new car smell that I spend the first couple weeks trying to kill with air fresheners, lol. Thank you for the congrats!

New car smell is differnt these days than it used to be. I loved the fresh smell of my most recent car and refused to use air fresheners until I had sniffed the last of it from the car *rotfl*! Anyway, a new car with its new brakes, new windshield that is free of dings and crud, nice tight steering, *sigh* Enjoy!!

Gemdrite
04-29-2009, 09:33 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/gemdrite/Car/P1010001.jpg

There, there is my new (to me) car. She's used, but in great condition. Without new car smell :lol:.

Isabelle Warwicke
04-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Nice!

Boyfriend has a CRV. I really like to drive it.

SHpepperKat
04-30-2009, 01:52 AM
She's really pretty. Has she named herself yet?

Gellis Indigo
04-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Nice, Gem! Congrats and enjoy it!

Gemdrite
04-30-2009, 10:48 AM
She's really pretty. Has she named herself yet?
Not yet. My first car was Anita. The last one just ended up being "Baby", like Dirty Dancing. I don't know about this one yet. We are still adjusting to each other, lol.

Thanks Gellis!

renspazgirl
04-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Congrats Gem. I love my CR-V. She is amazing. Her name is beastie. She takes my abuse and is still in awesome condition. If she ever dies I'm getting another.

ladychristine
04-30-2009, 12:10 PM
CR-V is my dream car. Me want, me want, me want :love: ::wagtong::

Bronya
04-30-2009, 04:14 PM
My baby, Blanche, named after the Golden Girl and she was my midlife crisis car, was new and stock in 05. I really spent a lot of money on the upgrades. She just got rear ended and I hit a car in front. Kid had no insurance...

Gemdrite
04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
She has a name! She is Pandora.

Phoenix McHeit
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
HA! As in 'don't look inside' ?? :wink:

Gemdrite
05-01-2009, 10:58 AM
HA! As in 'don't look inside' ?? :wink:
I think this is post "opening the box," lol. All the evils were gotten rid of with the other car, and all that's left is hope, hehe. :-D