PDA

View Full Version : Do Dogs go to Heaven

Sorcha Griannon
06-17-2009, 09:27 PM
This is literally a 'church signs' debate, being played out in a Southern US town, between Our Lady of Martyrs Catholic Church, and Cumberland Presbyterian, a fundamentalist church. From top to bottom shows you the response and counter-response over time.

The Catholics are displaying a much better sense of humor! You get the impression that the Presbyterians are actually taking this seriously and are getting a bit upset...

(Click the Attachment...I couldn't get it large enough to see clearly otherwise)

Forward to all animal lovers and you'll get a cookie or doggie biscuit

PS I know my dogs going to heaven....I baptized him last night.
PPS Not sure about where cats go.....

Ysobelle
06-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Wellll...not so much (http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/dogheaven.asp).

But it is absolutely hysterical.

Taffy Saltwater
06-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Catholic Church doctrine is that animals don't have souls & therefore couldn't go to heaven, so they wouldn't have that on their sign.

I did see one in Kauai that I liked a lot: You don't have to go to every fight you're invited to (and try to remember it).

Betty Munro
06-18-2009, 08:35 AM
It wouldn't be heaven for me if fuzzies weren't allowed.
Maybe that is why I am not Catholic.

Margaret
06-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Don't care if it was 'real' or not - it was damn funny. *rotfl*

Sandina
06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
A long time ago I asked my priest if I would see my Mikki Marie in heaven.........he knew who she was...... my beloved cat. His answer was yes. I believe our pets are waiting for us in Heaven.

Laurensa
06-19-2009, 08:56 AM
I believe that we will be perfectly happy in heaven.

And if having our animal friends with is what makes us perfectly happy, then they will be there.

Animals are creatures of God too.

Thistle
06-19-2009, 03:28 PM
I believe that we will be perfectly happy in heaven.

And if having our animal friends with is what makes us perfectly happy, then they will be there.

Animals are creatures of God too.

That is exactly the point some Christian Environmental groups are making, now. Granted, they are the minority, but they use the passage in Genisis that all are creatures of God, and the bit about naming all the animals. How can the children of Adam name all the creatures if they go extinct before they are discovered, and named? Its and elegant point in the midst of the bruhaha.

<<<<<end of threadjack

Sorcha Griannon
06-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Wellll...not so much (http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/dogheaven.asp).

But it is absolutely hysterical.
I figured as much, but it was too funny not to share:)

Sorcha