PDA

View Full Version : Bacon is good for me.

Isabelle Warwicke
08-31-2009, 03:00 AM
On Wife Swap, a kid freaks out whenhis stand-in Mom throws out the bacon.

His articulation of the situation just makes me laugh out loud.

I Want Bacon. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_obaO46Bo&feature=player_embedded)

Annabella St. Clair
08-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh my, it's Bobby Hill of King of the Hill show in real flesh.

Margaret
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
"She can't run in thoes little high heels." *rotfl*

The kid needs to be spanked for talking to an adult like that, but this is a case of "punish the kid now, die laughing at some of the things he said later."

Annabella St. Clair
08-31-2009, 11:20 AM
agree with Maggie

Gemdrite
08-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Ugh, and I'm sitting here thinking, "Why the hell isn't that dad doing anything?" They signed up for the show, so they knew this was going to happen. That kid deserved a major spanking and a lesson in apologies.

Laurensa
08-31-2009, 03:30 PM
What a little brat.

Everything about his attitude and tone speaks volumes about the way he acts with his parents, too.

Bronya
08-31-2009, 03:48 PM
I so agree that he needs to be more respectful but a darling little accent!

Blue Pixie
08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Holy crap! I don't know what to think- hope the kid got his ass kicked.

Bronya
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
The more I think about this throughout the day, the more pissed I am at this show. I really hate the premise and the entire idea of someone coming into another person's home and totally changing every aspect of the way that family lives. I just think it is horrible. I would have probably packed my bags too!::rantono:

Margaret
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Well, there really would be no show without the upheaval and drama.

That's why they pair such opposite families to swap - an uber Pagan mom and an uber Christian mom or a mom that does everything while her hubby and kids sit with a mom who has her family cater to her.

I mean they may say they are trying to help people understand how other families operate, but they are just trying to create the most chaos possible.

Blue Pixie
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Although you have to admit that the kid does speak really well for the age he looks like. There was no throwing a tantrum or whatnot. I would still be pissed at him but at the same time- if I was maybe his parents- I might be proud of how he expressed himself in a positive manner.

Branwen
09-01-2009, 12:58 AM
I'd be telling him, "don't let the door hit you, where the good lord split you. You walk out that door and it will be locked behind you. Try finding a meal on your own without help."

littlekitty381
09-01-2009, 03:30 AM
WOW what a brat the father should of done something..

Phoenix McHeit
09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Although you have to admit that the kid does speak really well for the age he looks like. There was no throwing a tantrum or whatnot. I would still be pissed at him but at the same time- if I was maybe his parents- I might be proud of how he expressed himself in a positive manner.

You call that a 'positive manner'? Calling an adult woman 'that little girl'? Snarking and telling an ADULT what he will and won't do?

No, he didn't scream and throw a fit - what he did was so much worse. He showed absolute ZERO respect for her. Whether it was because of her gender, her race, or whatnot, she didn't even receive the smallest bit of respect. And that speaks volumes about his parents.

He needs his mouth washed out with soap, and the dad needs a swift kick in the nuts for turning out yet ANOTHER generation of bigoted, narcissistic, misogynistic assholes.

Laurensa
09-01-2009, 10:29 AM
You call that a 'positive manner'? Calling an adult woman 'that little girl'? Snarking and telling an ADULT what he will and won't do?

No, he didn't scream and throw a fit - what he did was so much worse. He showed absolute ZERO respect for her. Whether it was because of her gender, her race, or whatnot, she didn't even receive the smallest bit of respect. And that speaks volumes about his parents.

He needs his mouth washed out with soap, and the dad needs a swift kick in the nuts for turning out yet ANOTHER generation of bigoted, narcissistic, misogynistic assholes.

I would bet you dollars to doughnuts , I know who rules the roost at that house--and it's not the parents. That child is used to being the boss, and he's pissy because there's someone in the house who won't take his shit.

Blue Pixie
09-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Your right, he showed no respect for her- but take a look at how he was raised. Now granted, I work with children who throw a fit, hit, and whatnot- but I can imagine how he was raised (which most likely is him getting his way) that was a positive manner. You also see- when he's by himself venting- that's where he called her 'that little girl.' Also instead of yelling saying she's (insert some nasty comment) he comes to her and says that he's coming to the edge. He's expressing his feeling (not in the best way- mind you) better then kids his age (or children older then him- I know because I've seen it).

Now, I know you would not raise your children to be this disrespectful, and honestly I would punish my children for speaking to an adult like he did and acting up. But in his case- with the way he was most likely raise- he could have been 10x worst (and I have seen it!). So yea, it was more positive then what I would expect from a child his age, being throw into a situation (that lets face it- is meant to bring this kind of responds and that he has NO control over), and raise the way most of us think he was raised.

RedFox
09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
The kid is most definantly a brat imho but I am quite impressed with his articulation for his age. Attitude... not so much, that I think needs to be checked or have a complete make-over done on it.

It also goes to show how the kid has apparently been raised that he is freaking out about the junk food. Frankly I thought the woman was being nice saying that she would go out and buy him at one thing of junk food. (Sounds similar to snacks in my house from when we were little - we could pig out on junk food is we had finished homework/done chores/etc - but we still had to eat our veggies!!!!) And how he acts makes me think that his parents letting him have his way possibly a little TOO much for his own good.

Gemdrite
09-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Your right, he showed no respect for her- but take a look at how he was raised. Now granted, I work with children who throw a fit, hit, and whatnot- but I can imagine how he was raised (which most likely is him getting his way) that was a positive manner. You also see- when he's by himself venting- that's where he called her 'that little girl.' Also instead of yelling saying she's (insert some nasty comment) he comes to her and says that he's coming to the edge. He's expressing his feeling (not in the best way- mind you) better then kids his age (or children older then him- I know because I've seen it).

Now, I know you would not raise your children to be this disrespectful, and honestly I would punish my children for speaking to an adult like he did and acting up. But in his case- with the way he was most likely raise- he could have been 10x worst (and I have seen it!). So yea, it was more positive then what I would expect from a child his age, being throw into a situation (that lets face it- is meant to bring this kind of responds and that he has NO control over), and raise the way most of us think he was raised.
Positive = good (nless you are pregnant and don't wanna be!) That boy did not express himself in a positive manner. He articulated well, but it was not positive. It was snotty, rude, and disrespectful, and just because he didn't throw a fit doesn't mean he did anything positive.

Phoenix McHeit
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM

Holy cow - that's the most bizarre definition of 'positive' I've ever heard.

Blue Pixie
09-01-2009, 10:56 PM
He's 7 years old and acted better then many 20+ years old that I know. So before you go and say that what he did was not in the least bit positive take a look at what he's use to.

'The Hollands from North Carolina are true southerners who live for Demolition Derby! Parents Cliff (40) and Ginger (38) love to build, paint and destroy cars. With 80 junk cars in their backyard to play with, kids Courtney (12) and Curtis (7) already know how to strip a car's interior, change a tire and replace a bumper. To fuel their bodies, the Hollands love all things fried. Dad Cliff says they would try salad if they could figure out a way to fry it, and son Curtis demands chicken nuggets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Hollands are happy to spoil their kids, and it's seven-year-old "King Curtis" who runs the Holland house. Whatever King Curtis wants, he gets, though Cliff justifies spoiling his kids by claiming they're "money poor, family rich." It's all in the name of down and dirty southern fun for the Holland family!'

Positive is going to be different for every child. I have one child that throwing a tantrum is positive compared to what that child did before (which was very violent) but to another it's worst behavior. Now do I let one child off and punish the other- no. I treat them the same and don't let either disrupt my classroom. But that does not mean that the one child did better then I would except. This kid got everything he wants and all he did was tell her that he wasn't going to let her change his life- is better then I would except. Would I let him get away with it- NO! But is it better then what some of his peers and even adults in that situation would do- guess what- he did it better.

Now I work in an urban environment/ special needs environment- so this to me would be a positive compared to what I have dealt with. If this was all the kid did- I would be pissed off, put him in his place, but impressed considering the age. If you all think that was bad, horrible, and how could this kid get on with life- ummmm or into a school. This level of disrespect is mild to me and I have it happen at my daycare right now (even with the parents!). I have had it worst- where I had children yelling at me inches from my far, been called a satanic bitch, a stupid c#%^, and downright question everything I did.

So please excuse me for being off on my definition of positive is compare to what disrespect I've seen.

Gemdrite
09-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Sorry honey, I work in a school too, and no, there is nothing positive about this kid's behavior. Just because he was raised that way doesn't make it okay. Parents' bad behavior doesn't excuse child's bad behavior. Explain, yes. Excuse, no. And given that this appears to be his normal behavior, it doesn't even fit your definition of positive. There is no "improvement" and therefore positive change. It's his norm. And his norm sucks.

Phoenix McHeit
09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Sorry honey, I work in a school too, and no, there is nothing positive about this kid's behavior. Just because he was raised that way doesn't make it okay. Parents' bad behavior doesn't excuse child's bad behavior. Explain, yes. Excuse, no. And given that this appears to be his normal behavior, it doesn't even fit your definition of positive. There is no "improvement" and therefore positive change. It's his norm. And his norm sucks.

This.

Sorry Pix - you're rationalizing. And no matter what your students do or don't do, what this kid did was anything but positive.

Blue Pixie
09-02-2009, 07:39 PM

your right- and I need sleep because I can't think LOL.

shadowcat546
09-05-2009, 02:33 AM
(deleted by me)

Molly The Pirate
10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
o-m-effin-g! this kid is NUTS! (btw, turkey bacon is the best lol) i think the dad should have smacked him upside his head! and i'm sitting here thinking, if the kid is talking with that much attitude like its nothing, then how does he talk to his own mother?? a mother who is making him become a victim of childhood obesitiy, but none the less, my child isn't gonna talk to me like that! sometimes this show really pisses me off, but i think that there have been a few that really demonstrated that change had to be made and was made because of the swap. but in any case, that kid needs to get set straight!