PDA

View Full Version : Great Customer Service Delima

Bronya
08-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Yesterday I treated myself to In & Out Burger. Those of you on the west coast of Ca area will know that those are THE BEST hamburgers in the world!!! They always greet you, at the drive up window, with "Good ...., how are you today" I always reply and ask how they are and they ALWAYS respond with "I am great, thanks for asking, what can I start making for you?" I placed my order and drove to the window. A darling, little pregnant girl was taking the money. I only had a 20 and no change. Because I always make converstions with strangers where ever I go, we got to talking. My bill was 6.08. She gave me 14.00. I said," Alison (that is what her name tag said so I hoped it was that), you gave me too much change". "No she said, I just put in the 8 cents I had in my pocket, so you wouldn't have to get 92 cents in change"! I thanked and thanked her. As I got my yummy cheeseburger and drove off, I thought how sweet that she was. I picked up the phone to call the store and ask for the manger and compliment her but stopped short. Years ago when I worked at Disneyland, a fireable offense was taking out or putting money in your pocket. I didn't want to get her in trouble if they are that way at In & Out. This company is all over Ca, they are immaculate, very spriitual (in fact a lot of people don't know they have a scripture on all of the underside lip of the paper cups) and pride themselves on customer service and good food. What do you think I should do? Call or not call?

Laurensa
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM
You know, you don't have to offer specifics. Just call and tell them Alison gave really good customer service., and what a pleasant experience you always have when you go there. Trust me, the manager will be tickled to hear about it.

When I worked at Target, we had "Great Team Cards" that we were encouraged to carry with us. If we saw a fellow employee doing something really spiffy, we filled out this little card, and stuck it up on the bulletin board in the back, for a chance at a prize drawing. I still have one that the store manager gave me--I was just trying to make the customer happy, and he thought I had gone the extra mile. I like working retail, and I don't mind doing a little extra work if it makes the customer happy, but that silly little card made me feel really, really good.

Azura
08-31-2009, 03:58 PM
I'd call. When I worked retail, we weren't allowed to take money out unless we had replacement on hand (like putting a dollar bill into the till in order to "buy" a dollar coin a customer may have used to buy something). I'm pretty sure that technically we weren't supposed to do that, too, but everybody did it.... Anyways, if the place is "spiritual" and such, a good deed ought to have been seen as just that - a good deed. It's awfully rare nowadays to encounter one, and I'd place money that the girl would appreciate hearing that her efforts were, well, greatly appreciated! I did that a few times myself, but never got so much as a thank you. I have a hard time believing that she'd get in trouble for putting money from her own pocket into the till, especially to be nice to a customer. Besides, going with the scripture theme, "God loveth a cheerful giver!"

Gemdrite
08-31-2009, 04:00 PM
While I disagree with you that In & Out has the best burgers ever,:lol:, I definitely think you should call and just tell the manager that you had a delightful experience with Allison, you love going to their restaurant, and you will continue to frequent their business because of it. No need to get into specifics, just in case, but still making sure it was known that Allison is a great employee.

BronxGirl
08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm with all of them. You can also drop them a note with a copy to her for the files.

Phoenix McHeit
08-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Ditto. Definitely let management know what a peach-of-an-employee they have in Alison. ::clappin:::clappin:

Everyone hears the complaints - they'd LOVE to hear the compliments.

Selena
08-31-2009, 05:03 PM
I agree with giving the girl kudos, but don't just call.

Trust me... put in writing. In email format to her management or to the place directly, or even snailmail.... it really should be in writing.

That way, there's a record.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "such and such said you did a GREAT job with their case.... and blah.... and it's lost upon translation.

BUT unless it's in writing, it may not even get past the initial call contact.

No details of the transaction are necessary. Really. Just good customer and friendly service is enough. It shows the company/manager YOU took the time to not bitch about the place (like many do), but to compliment where it's rightfully due.

LissaRoisin
08-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Definitely write and send a copy to both the store and corporate.

Alchemist23
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Definitely write. Hopefully it will get back to her as well. :D

SHpepperKat
08-31-2009, 08:48 PM
YES YES YES, Call and write both. and then while you are at it, have another one for me. You've got me craving the best burgers again.

Lady Hefron
08-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Absolutely do both. I used to work in customer service and it is always great to get a " 'atta girl". Just don't go into specifics. Oh, and kudos to you for being so conserned about her.::clappin:::clappin:

Bronya
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you all for your imput. I did both!