PDA

View Full Version : Jon Gosselin is a P*$$y - Kate is a B*^#h!

daBaroness
09-02-2009, 12:52 PM
If anyone read my recent rant in the piss and moan thread - you'll know I loath all the tabloid bull-hockey that wrestles its way into whatever passes as "real" news these days. Generally these items fall into my personal "who gives a fat rat's butt" category. But for some reason this whole Jon and Kate Gosselin thing has really gotten under my skin. Why? I guess it's because here are two people who naively opened their lives with their children up for public scrutiny and succumbed to all the cliche pitfalls of so doing. I admit it - I found their show refreshing and fun - even when they'd bicker it seemed to be done with love.

But sadly, money and fame corrupt. I found myself taking sides against Kate, then against Jon. Now - I think they're both very immature, lost people and the ones who are suffering on their very public battleground are the children. And still they continue doing the show so they can afford the massive enclave of a home they purchased and live the life of celebrities instead. Both say they're the better parent and they only have their children's best interest at heart in everything they do.

Bullshit!

The latest volley comes from Jon who whines that Kate "abused" him by calling him names. Oh whaaaaa. That gives him license to go out and pork some college co-ed and party like a rock star? Sorry Jon - your pleas ring hollow with me. Grow some frellin' cahones and accept the responsibility for what you've done to destroy the marriage. And Kate - quit being the long-suffering little woman. You've always had more balls than Jon - strap 'em on and suck it up.

And both of you? Show some class and decency - end the show, sell the compond and bring some normalcy back to the lives of your children instead of using them as the instrument of your fame.

Gah - how do I get myself sucked into these stupid things?!

LdyJhawk
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
You know, I can't hate on Kate. Jon's behavior has become apparent that in the end, her snippiness came from having to manage nine children... the eight plus Jon.

The very fact that he's constantly complaining about the responsibility of having his kids and how he can finally "just be himself" is sort of disgusting since he acts like his children were some boat anchor thrust upon him without his consent and now he has to deal with them. They're you're kids, you douche..

Yeah, Kate is bathing in her media attention but at least she seems to genuinely spend time with her children instead of just wandering around with one or another early 20s female while his kids play in the background

Selena
09-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't watch it. Never have, never will.

LdyJhawk
09-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't watch it. Never have, never will.

Thing is, it started out cute. I always sort of thought it was a little sad though that he'd do something for her and she'd get genuinely choked up and start saying "oh I don't deserve this, I love you" and he'd... just sort of go "yeah well, whatever" and wander off. Niiiice

Mylilpinkpig
09-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Let's give credit where it's due... Kate made herself and her kids millionaires. When they 6 where first born, Jon was out of work and they literally had nothing. She took the opportunity to make a living on reality tv for her and her kids. Without the TLC deal they wouldn't have the big house, toys galore, trips etc etc. She is doing what needs to be done now to protect her and the kids from Jon's partying and wild spending. Personally, I think he is just mad because she has more brains than he will ever have.

Gemdrite
09-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Let's give credit where it's due... Kate made herself and her kids millionaires. When they 6 where first born, Jon was out of work and they literally had nothing. She took the opportunity to make a living on reality tv for her and her kids. Without the TLC deal they wouldn't have the big house, toys galore, trips etc etc. She is doing what needs to be done now to protect her and the kids from Jon's partying and wild spending. Personally, I think he is just mad because she has more brains than he will ever have.
The thing to remember though is that reality tv isn't reality. Those shows are clipped to make both people look a specific way. Magazine articles are the same way. So I find it interesting and somewhat sad to see people making judgments about these people, having no info on them other than what the media wants you to know. If someone knows them personally, that's different. But otherwise, you really can't say what either one of them is like.

Which is why I don't bother watching reality shows in the first place. I like making my own judgments, not letting the tv producers do it for me.

Ysobelle
09-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't want them to move. They have the house for the kids, and that's what they're used to. The kids probably have enough stress from the divorce and the attendant circus, already. Though honestly, from what I've seen, Kate manages to keep the kids' heads level, and keep them mostly away from the noise.

daBaroness
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I agree that my disgust pendulum has swung back to Jon. He's clearly immature and I loathe the fact he's carried out his agenda in such a public fashion. He's just hurting his children and really just showing (at least me) that he needed Kate's strength to make himself look mature and responsible. I wish Kate all the luck in the world and don't begrudge her efforts to secure financial security for her brood. I just wanted the happy ending and not the cliche, "guy wimps out and cries foul" that is the reality for too many families.

I think Kate has the makins' of a wench. Jon - how 'bout a position as celebrity himbo?

Mylilpinkpig
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Did anyone see his interview on ABC last night? Can I just say I love Chris Coumo for calling him out on saying he despises the mother of his children on national TV. What an idiot. Doesn't he think his kids will see the interview on you tube someday and be hurt by him saying he despises Kate.

daBaroness
09-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Did anyone see his interview on ABC last night? Can I just say I love Chris Coumo for calling him out on saying he despises the mother of his children on national TV. What an idiot. Doesn't he think his kids will see the interview on you tube someday and be hurt by him saying he despises Kate.

I thought the same thing. It made me very sad for the children. I don't think they ever went through therapy - not to save their marriage, but to find ways to be co-parents of their children. He may indeed loathe her, I'm sure the feeling is mutual - but you just don't say it to the world and you especially don't say it so your children can hear it. Just makes me very, very sad.

LdyJhawk
09-09-2009, 11:30 PM
I thought the same thing. It made me very sad for the children. I don't think they ever went through therapy - not to save their marriage, but to find ways to be co-parents of their children. He may indeed loathe her, I'm sure the feeling is mutual - but you just don't say it to the world and you especially don't say it so your children can hear it. Just makes me very, very sad.

From what's claimed, he did go but she "refused"

daBaroness
09-09-2009, 11:34 PM
From what's claimed, he did go but she "refused"

Didn't know that. Don't really know what it means. It's just a shame the kids have to deal with all of it.

AnnaFaerie
09-10-2009, 08:26 AM
My take on the whining...I despise Kate because she took my manhood is: Bull! Ya know...if you're standing up sh*t can't stick to you...it falls off. If Jon had been a man from the beginning (and come on...is he acting like a man now) Kate couldn't have emasculated him in the first place.

If the truth were told Jon should despise himself. He didn't stand up for himself all those years ago. He thinks he is standing up now, but he is standing on the heads of his children. He thinks he is standing tall...he is fooling himself.

Those kids are the only ones I really feel sorry for right now.

Bronya
09-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I was one who liked this show at the beginning. I did not like her from the beginng becasue she was a bully. I think the 2 oldest girls act like little brats and both of them let the kids back talk (talk about getting a spanking, they both need it). I think that now he is acting as he should have when she started busting his balls. He needs to be a man and keep his mouth shut. He got plugs and wears his earring and is a player now. She got a new "do, wears make up and dresses/skirts everywhere she goes now and is a martyr. They sure aren't teaching these kids anything now and it is very, very sad for the kids.

LdyJhawk
09-10-2009, 05:09 PM
My take on the whining...I despise Kate because she took my manhood is: Bull! Ya know...if you're standing up sh*t can't stick to you...it falls off. If Jon had been a man from the beginning (and come on...is he acting like a man now) Kate couldn't have emasculated him in the first place.

If the truth were told Jon should despise himself. He didn't stand up for himself all those years ago. He thinks he is standing up now, but he is standing on the heads of his children. He thinks he is standing tall...he is fooling himself.

Those kids are the only ones I really feel sorry for right now.

You know, playing devil's advocate I hate the idea that if men are emotionally abused they should have stood up sooner and been men about it..but if it's women, they're poor, oppressed angels who should have the cavalry ride in for them. NO ONE deserves to be beaten down emotionally, and sometimes yeah it is easier to just go "oh, ok" than to get into day long fights with someone for standing up..

HOWEVER, this guy has a serious fucking case of Peter Pan syndrome. The absolute gall to go on national television and declare he despises the mother of his children? I, no words. You may feel it, doucheweasel, but you do not SAY IT in a forum your children can witness.

Do I think Kate was harsh? Probably. Sadly, it seemed as though she was raising eight children and a manchild half the time and I can imagine that became frustrating as well

AnnaFaerie
09-10-2009, 05:33 PM
You know, playing devil's advocate I hate the idea that if men are emotionally abused they should have stood up sooner and been men about it..but if it's women, they're poor, oppressed angels who should have the cavalry ride in for them. NO ONE deserves to be beaten down emotionally, and sometimes yeah it is easier to just go "oh, ok" than to get into day long fights with someone for standing up..

HOWEVER, this guy has a serious fucking case of Peter Pan syndrome. The absolute gall to go on national television and declare he despises the mother of his children? I, no words. You may feel it, doucheweasel, but you do not SAY IT in a forum your children can witness.

Do I think Kate was harsh? Probably. Sadly, it seemed as though she was raising eight children and a manchild half the time and I can imagine that became frustrating as well

I feel that all people should stand up and be adults. If the shoe had been on Kates foot I would have said the same thing.

I don't think anyone that puts up with emotional abuse can truly point to the other person and say...hey...you did this to me. All of us need to stand up and say...hey...I put up with it for years (for whatever misguided reason).

I think we all need to take responsibility for our own actions. If Jon was a wimp...he is responsible for that. If Kate was a pushy bitch...she is responsible for that.

I agree...they both need help. I feel sorry for those kids and their parents.