PDA

View Full Version : Greetings sisters in wenchdom!

Elsbeth McCoughllie
07-15-2005, 11:00 PM
This is the first time I've ever joined a group and I'm looking to meet new people for fun and frolick! So happy to have found this site!!

lady Amalthea
07-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Hail and well met! you are well come to this group. Emjoy yourself!!!! :singdanc:

Lavinia
07-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Hi and welcome fellow new person :hi:

Galleywench
07-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Nice to have you join us Elsbeth!

Morgana
07-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Welcome ! :D

Wolves Lady
07-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Welcome! Glad to have you in the group!
:hi:

AnnaFaerie
07-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Welcome!

Artemisia
07-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the madness!

Nimue
07-17-2005, 01:33 AM
Hail and well met from one newbie to another! :)

Margaret
07-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Greetings and hello!!

Nimue, welcome to you too!

It's always nice to increase the sisterhood! :D

Angel_of_Fire
07-17-2005, 01:35 PM
hello :hi: and welcome to the group!

Elsbeth McCoughllie
07-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Hello again bosom sisters! I went to the Vermont Ren Faire this weekend and Oh what merry fun we had!! Spoke to a coworker of the friend I went with and it turns out she's a wench from way back! We are of course planning to go to the CT faire together now!
Embracing my inner wench is the best idea I've had in a long time....
We're planning to do a Faire a month until the season is over. Our September jaunt will have to be worked around-- MY TRIP TO SCOTLAND! I've been wanting to go for years, and now suddenly it's happening.
Thank you, Brigit-- Goddess of Transformation!!
On a different note, can somebody please share with me the meaning of the karma points and rose tagging, etc that we see in our profiles? I'm woefully new to this level of engagement and feel like a wandering wench!! :?
Thanks and Bright Blessings!!

Ysobelle
07-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Karma points are sort of a virtual hug or a sign of approval/agreement-- so here, I'll start you off! Welcome!

Rose tag is a game we play at faire-- you don't have to be a Wench or a Rogue or any Guild member to play, and rules vary from faire to faire. At my faire, PARF, Person A sends a rose to Person B with a challenge: usually something public and vaguely embarrassing. Last year, I got tagged that every time someone gave me a nickle (usually in my cleavage) I had to stop and recite Shakespeare. Person B can't tag Person A back-- she has to tag Person C, who can take a revenge tag on Person A if she chooses, or can tag someone else. If you refuse a tag, you're pronounced a lily-livered spoilsport, and you're not allowed to tag anyone. If you accept, party on! And remember: always tip your rose-seller VERY well.

How's that?

Myfanawy
07-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Welcome--have fun!
--Myf

Elsbeth McCoughllie
07-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Thankyou, everyone for the warm welcome and the info!! Rose tag sounds like fun. I can't wait to be a part of it!
Thank you for the welcome, Nimue, although I see you are quickly losing your newbie status!! :wink:
Ysobelle, thank you very much! (I love your bodice, BTW!!)

Lady Sarah
07-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Thankyou, everyone for the warm welcome and the info!! Rose tag sounds like fun. I can't wait to be a part of it!
Thank you for the welcome, Nimue, although I see you are quickly losing your newbie status!! :wink:

I welcomed you over in another thread... but let me say it here - WELCOME!! :hi:

and Ys's bodice is self made - Lovely MayFaire Moon Creation that it is. check out her website, the address is in her sigblock. I'm saving up for one of hers.

If you're doing a Faire a Month, you've got to make a trip down to Scarby in April or May next year. Although I recommend April, bit cooler weather then. ~L~ May can get dreadfully hot.

Elsbeth McCoughllie
07-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Lady Sarah!! And where, praytell is Scarby? Do you mean in PA? Let me know! I am going to check out Y's website. A wench can NEVER have too many bodices!!! :wink:

Lady Sarah
07-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Lady Sarah!! And where, praytell is Scarby? Do you mean in PA? Let me know! I am going to check out Y's website. A wench can NEVER have too many bodices!!! :wink:

Mmmm I smell a GarbWhore... :lol:

Scarby is Scarborough Faire and it's in Texas.

Ysobelle
07-20-2005, 12:13 PM

Why, thank you. That's what I do, and I LOVE my work. I just wish it were full time. And come to PARF, and I guarantee we'll tag you!

Angel_of_Fire
07-20-2005, 06:53 PM
YAY SCARBY!!!! i cant wait! :singdanc: (sorry bout the thread jack!!!)

Elsbeth McCoughllie
07-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Egads! Texas is SO VERY far from me!! I'm trying to stay within 200miles of New England!! I live in Massachusetts. So far the furthest I've driven for Faire is 2 1/2 hrs to King Richard's Faire, but this August I'll be going to NYRF in Tuxedo, which is about 3 1/2 hrs sounth of me, but 2 1/s hrs north of my parents' . It'll be great to leave on family and visit another!!
BTW, Ysobelle, when I clicked on the link to see more of your work , NONE of the photos were visible :cry: !!!

Elsbeth McCoughllie
07-20-2005, 11:13 PM
P.S. Speaking of GarbWhore.... I just came back from the fabric store with my seamstress friend and bought some white fabric with red hearts printed all over it for some very flirty bloomers!!!
SInce we're trading tarot readings for her to sew for me, I'll use her time for MORE GARB instead of tiny adjustments to what I already own.
A wench has to have her priorities!! :P :D

Myfanawy
07-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Scarby is Scarborough Faire and it's in Texas.

I can't wait to go to Scarby next year!!! At least 2 weekends...
--Myf

Cassandra
07-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the wenches guild and to Local 24!

Lady Sarah
07-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Egads! Texas is SO VERY far from me!! I'm trying to stay within 200miles of New England!! I live in Massachusetts. So far the furthest I've driven for Faire is 2 1/2 hrs to King Richard's Faire, but this August I'll be going to NYRF in Tuxedo, which is about 3 1/2 hrs sounth of me, but 2 1/s hrs north of my parents' . It'll be great to leave on family and visit another!!
BTW, Ysobelle, when I clicked on the link to see more of your work , NONE of the photos were visible :cry: !!!

That's OK... I'm hoping and praying the finance mojo keeps up and I can make it to NYRF this Sept. I keep wanting to say that I've got PARF penciled in for next year as my one big trip ~L~