PDA

View Full Version : Cstore Blog Link - Check This Out

daBaroness
09-05-2009, 07:25 AM
I wasn't quite sure where to post this jewel, but it's meant (by its author) to be funny - so here it goes.

I have a friend I used to work with at a very prestigious public relations firm. She is one smart cookie and though not an official IWG member - is definitely a wench. She's also a fluffy wench and has been most of her life. As such, she was always the one with the most talent who had to do more work than her thin counterparts wherever she worked. She's a cowgirl. She grew up in a small town in Missouri ropin and ridin and did the 4H thing, the rodeo thing, etc. She's done agricultural PR her entire professional career and rocked it hard.

When she lost her last job due to the PR firm losing several big clients - she decided to do two things. She knew she needed to lose weight - for her health first and foremost. Second, she decided she wanted to be the mistress of her own destiny and she eneded up combining the two by getting into Isogenix - a weight loss product she's selling and using - both to steady hard work. She's succeeding. But she needed some income to pay the bills until she's thin and rich. So she took a job at a local convenience store called Cstore.

Did I mention she is one of the absolute funniest people I've ever met? And that she has terrific writing skills? Well, she's combined those as well and is doing a blog called Cstore Dreamin that are the humorous recounting of her adventures a the landfill called Cstore. I just HAD to share the link with you because I think you'll appreciate her observations and tales. They're true - saddest part - and through her eyes they're hysterically funny. Enjoy!

www.cstoredreamin.blogspot.com

Jayde
09-05-2009, 08:28 AM
OMG!! I love it! ::yay::

reminds me of working in retail *rotfl*

RaevynCait
09-05-2009, 10:20 AM
That's funny as hell, and I've added it ot my following list!

Selena
09-05-2009, 11:09 AM
She's funny.
Sadly, it is true. I worked in Cstore in college. People really are dbags out there and treat you like shit much of the time. (Like these asshats that buy a candy bar for .50, then hand you $100 bill... just so they can have change back.) Oh please!

Azura
09-06-2009, 01:58 PM
She's funny.
Sadly, it is true. I worked in Cstore in college. People really are dbags out there and treat you like shit much of the time. (Like these asshats that buy a candy bar for .50, then hand you $100 bill... just so they can have change back.) Oh please!

Not only that, but a lot of people who do that try to get extra cash back and hope you don't notice. I hate people who try that.

Selena
09-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Believe it or not, I learned a lot while working in that store. I learned the proper way to handle money and how to use your gut instincts. My boss was a cop, DPS officer, and he was the coolest guy to work for. I trusted him, he trusted me. And there are things I learned there that I still keep in practice today. (Like when returning money to someone, give them the change first so it rests in your palm, then the paper currency. I hate it when people give me money back, and hand me the paper first, then the change. It's a major pita and awkward.)

Branwen
09-06-2009, 03:10 PM
My Mom works in a C-store on the side to help out some friends after an unexpected death in the family left them short an employee. After reading this & having already lived my fill of C-Store fun I will never work in a C-store again.

daBaroness
09-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Keep checking back. She posts several times a week! Glad I'm not working in a cstore. People are unbelievably rude, insensitive and stupid.

Molly The Pirate
09-30-2009, 10:35 AM
so i read the whole thing while is was at work... and when i got home and had some company over, i shared it with the group. everyone thought it was the funniest thing ever... and now my friends and i really want to meet your friend who writes it. we all have a lot of opinions in common :) and its refreshing and hilarious to read about this stuff!

Lady Hefron
09-30-2009, 12:37 PM
I like it!