PDA

View Full Version : What was he thinking?

daBaroness
09-14-2009, 02:30 PM
I have to think there are a number of top hip-hop artists who are really disgusted with Kayne West for his continued idiotic behavior in public. This time he struck at the MTV Video Music awards just as young Taylor Swift had begun her acceptance speech for female video of the year. What a jerk. At least Beyonce was a class act!

NEW YORK (Reuters) – The MTV video music awards held on Sunday paid tribute to the late Michael Jackson, but was overshadowed by an outburst by rapper Kanye West, who interrupted an acceptance speech by U.S. singer Taylor Swift.

West, who is known for his outspoken ways, jumped up on stage while the 19-year-old Swift was making an acceptance speech for best female video for her hit song "You Belong With Me," beating out singers including Beyonce Knowles and Lady Gaga.

"I am really happy for you," West said. "But Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time."

MTV said West, who was spotted earlier on the red carpet drinking alcohol, was ejected from an awards show already known for its circus-like atmosphere. West received loud boos from the crowd when his name was mentioned later in the show.

West apologized on his website. "I'm sooooo sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom," he wrote. "... I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment!"

Beyonce took the show's top honor -- video of the year -- for her single "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" before recalling her first MTV award with her old band, Destiny's Child, and calling back Swift to the Radio City Music Hall stage to finish her acceptance speech.

"I would like Taylor to come out and have her moment," she said, before the country music star reappeared and thanked her fans.

Selena
09-14-2009, 02:39 PM
What a putz.
Whoopie on today's The View said it was a 'bully' moment.

Reports also say he was drunk.

Either way, it was really really rude. Taylor looked like she was about to cry when she was called back up by Beyonce. Remember... she's only 19. And did you see Beyonce's reaction? She was like, "OMG, no you di'nt!"

Lady Sarah
09-14-2009, 02:42 PM
What a jackass!

Ysobelle
09-14-2009, 02:45 PM
You have to actually see what Beyonce did. Incredibly classy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLhlbypk9Lw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2FYsobelle% 3Fref%3Dprofile&feature=player_embedded

Selena
09-14-2009, 02:46 PM
You have to actually see what Beyonce did. Incredibly classy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLhlbypk9Lw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2FYsobelle% 3Fref%3Dprofile&feature=player_embedded

I agree. Not like as if I already didn't like the girl, but she just impressed the hell outta me with that move.

Lady Sarah
09-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Ultimately, he got what he wanted - publicity.

What's that quote? "I don't care what you say about me, just get my name right?" He's getting it. He doesn't give a damn that people hate him or boo him or think he's a jackass, he's getting talked about - for good or bad.

I feel horrible for Taylor. I don't like her music, personally. But damn it, that was HER moment and you don't take that away from anyone.

Zoie La Belle
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
What a jerk. I mean really. That poor kid was standing up there with no idea what to do, I felt SO bad for her!!! If you note, they zoom in on Beyonce's face after he said that, and she mouths the phrase, "Oh no he didn't!" What a star. Now there is a lady with class!

Isabelle Warwicke
09-14-2009, 04:10 PM
...standing up there with no idea what to do...

I would have liked to see her clobber him over the head with her award , snatch her microphone back from him and remind him that thugs don't mess with country girls!

What a total douchebag. Taylor has talent and Beyonce has class. He shouldn't even exist in their world.

Gellis Indigo
09-14-2009, 05:15 PM
/threadjack

Who is that with the furry face? ::freakyf:

/end threadjack

LdyJhawk
09-14-2009, 05:50 PM
/threadjack

Who is that with the furry face? ::freakyf:

/end threadjack

Lady Gaga. Part of her appeal is the fact that she treats her day to day life as performance art. She thrives on dressing in ways that make people go "I..wait..what?"

Selena
09-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Lady Gaga. Part of her appeal is the fact that she treats her day to day life as performance art. She thrives on dressing in ways that make people go "I..wait..what?"

She's a Bjork (http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04/bjorkREX_450x350.jpg) wanna-be.

//not impressed.

Zoie La Belle
09-14-2009, 06:04 PM
I would have liked to see her clobber him over the head with her award

I would actually pay good money to see that... or try it myself.

snatch her microphone back from him and remind him that thugs don't mess with country girls!

LOL I just had this conversation with someone yesterday. One of my students walked into my class tossing up gang signs like nobody's effing business and I cut him off so fast he was actually kinda confused. The comment he made went something like this, "I didn't know the little white chick knew what this meant!" So I replied, "You aint' got nuttin on us country gals":snicker:

Bean
09-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Just another example in an endless streak of Kanye's bad behavior. Remember when he was pissed that he didn't win at the VMA's a couple years ago?

Douchebag.

Isabelle Warwicke
09-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Or more likely: WTF?!?

Did you see her performance. ::freakyf:

Phoenix McHeit
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
So, wasn't Kanye the doofus of "George Bush doesn't care about black people"... that guy?

Pffft, is he even still relevant? :roll:

Isabelle Warwicke
09-14-2009, 09:55 PM
So, wasn't Kanye the doofus of "George Bush doesn't care about black people"... that guy?

Pffft, is he even still relevant? :roll:

Yep, and he still is a very important part of Thug "Culture." I fwill no longer be allowing his music to be played in the kitchen at work. Nope.

Isabelle Warwicke
09-14-2009, 10:20 PM
*snort* Pink called him a "waste, an idiot, a toolbox" on the Today show this morning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC8B29PvssY&feature=player_embedded).

Vixynne Rose
09-14-2009, 10:39 PM
*snort* Pink called him a "waste, an idiot, a toolbox" on the Today show this morning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC8B29PvssY&feature=player_embedded).

Woot, Pink! *serious grrl-crush*

I bet ol' badass Kanye-"gimme dat mike, 'cuz I guh suh-finna say, aiight"-Wess' woulda piped down good and quick if Pink and Beyonce and Taylor had unleashed on him at that moment.

Unclassy, ego-inflated moron + alcohol + no impulse control = "teachable moment". Oh, for the days of corporal punishment...
:wink:

daBaroness
09-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I just keep thinking you can put a $1 million suit of clothes on the ghetto rat and he's still a ghetto rat. Kinda like that lipstick on a pig thing.

renren
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Woot, Pink! *serious grrl-crush*

I bet ol' badass Kanye-"gimme dat mike, 'cuz I guh suh-finna say, aiight"-Wess' woulda piped down good and quick if Pink and Beyonce and Taylor had unleashed on him at that moment.

Unclassy, ego-inflated moron + alcohol + no impulse control = "teachable moment". Oh, for the days of corporal punishment...
:wink:

Yeah! Go, Pink!!::yay::

Bronya
09-15-2009, 02:38 PM
His BS on Jay Leno last night actuallly made me throw up in my mouth! I LOVED when Jay asked him "So what would your mother have said about this". Of course,Kanye, playing the victim, tried to tear up and then started his crap about taking time off. I am disgusted with him and his other gangsta's and since the news will carry this for weeks, just like Chris Brown, he will end up making more money and getting more attention.

Isabelle Warwicke
09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Even the President gave his opinion.

TMZ has the full transcript and the audio tape (http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/15/obama-calls-kanye-a-jackass/):

Obama: I thought that was really inappropriate. You know it was like she's getting an award -- why are you butting in? I, I hear you -- I agree with you.

Q: So does that count as the first question?

Obama: The young lady seems like a perfectly nice person. She's getting her award. What's he doing up there? He's a jackass. (Laughter) No, now -- this -- all this stuff -- I'm assuming all this stuff. Where's the pool? Come on guys. Cut the president some slack. I got a lot of other stuff on my plate. Yeah. Cause I remember last time it was the fly thing. Now that was the highlight of (trails off)

Q: No that worked out well for you. You were a ninja.

Obama: Except PETA... (laughter)

daBaroness
09-15-2009, 09:40 PM
His BS on Jay Leno last night actuallly made me throw up in my mouth! I LOVED when Jay asked him "So what would your mother have said about this". Of course,Kanye, playing the victim, tried to tear up and then started his crap about taking time off. I am disgusted with him and his other gangsta's and since the news will carry this for weeks, just like Chris Brown, he will end up making more money and getting more attention.

I didn't see it - but I heard about it in great detail on the radio this morning. What a fuckwad. No amount of insincere apologies will make this better. I know there will still be a lot of low-class ghetto rats talking about his talent this and his whatever the hell that. And it will probably go along racial lines.

I think Beyoncé said it best with her immediate reaction when she mouthed the words, "oh NO he didn't!" Course I loved Pink calling him the biggest piece of $hit on the planet on her blog, too.

Sadly - he's getting all kinds of attention ... again. Yeah, role models for today's youth - Kanye and Chris.

Ysobelle
09-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Here's an interesting take on that incident and several similar ones:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-civility16-2009sep16,0,1543240,full.story

Kat Sparrow
09-16-2009, 01:10 AM
My heart broke for Taylor Swift when this happened. I'm not a big fan of hers but what he did was inexusable. She's up there clearly overflowing with happiness and before ya know it, BECAUSE OF HIM, she goes from happy to looking like she wants to melt into a puddle and disappear.

As for Beyonce, she has proved to me and the world once again that not only is she talented and beautiful, but a class act as well....and on behalf of every person who saw Kanye's little outburst and didn't approve...Kanye, you can suck it, you little waste of space!

Blue Pixie
09-16-2009, 01:18 AM
I think the article is right. Lets face it, the country is getting downright rude to each other.

daBaroness
09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Here's an interesting take on that incident and several similar ones:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-civility16-2009sep16,0,1543240,full.story

It's interesting to me that one of the experts was quoted as saying basically people aren't any ruder than they have been - at least internally. The difference is the outward expression of what we've been thinking all along. Well, duh. Courtesy is just filtering the inside thoughts before they exit as verbal expressions. I think that's what many of us are lamenting - the breaking or discarding of the filtering stage. Sometimes a little thoughtful consideration of the internal prior to external expression is a good thing.