PDA

View Full Version : Very, very sad.... Goodbye Patrick.

Lady Anisette
09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
:rip: Well, the cancer got the best of him. He will be missed. He was so sexy in Dirty Dancing.

Patrick Swayze dies at age 57. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_en_ot/us_obit_swayze_9)

::candle::

RaevynCait
09-14-2009, 09:55 PM
He was the first celebrity that I would have totally gotten naked and done the horizontal hula with, anytime, anywhere.

The fact that he was married to the same woman for over 30 years, in an industry that is notoriously hard on relationships speaks volumes about his character, and only added to his appeal... at least to me.

Dance on into eternity Patrick

Phoenix McHeit
09-14-2009, 09:55 PM
My heart just dropped when I read this. Damn... :-(

Lady Hefron
09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Rest in Peace Patrick. I had such a crush on him, probably saw every movie he made.

Selena
09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I have no words.
I am very sad of this news.

Jayde
09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
::candle:: :cry:

LissaRoisin
09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
At least he doesnt have to fight anymore

surlywench
09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
my homepage is msn.com. i just yelled at the screen for a good five minutes.

it didn't help :(

Rest peacefully.

Isabelle Warwicke
09-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I still remember the year I went to summer camp and everyone called me Baby because I knew that movie inside and out. His cameo in Havana Nights made me squee. His love of horses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLISWJ2c-o) inspired me.

Rest well, Patrick. May your family find comfort. May you ride freely across the plains of eternity.

Lady Saffron McDaniel
09-14-2009, 11:34 PM
He was my first major celebrity crush. My sister and I used to watch Dirty Dancing 4 to 5 times every day. We still quiz each other with dialogue every so often. This makes me very sad, but at least he is at peace now.

Vixynne Rose
09-14-2009, 11:45 PM
I am so saddened by his parting, but grateful he shared his talents with all of us, though his time here was far too short.

My all time favorite line from Dirty Dancing...it set the standard for every man in my life (poor them, LOL)!

http://mommiedaze.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/ddfinal.jpg

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

*melts*

Thank you for all you did to entertain us and make our lives brighter, Mr. Swayze...you are held in many hearts. Prayers also for his devoted wife Lisa Niemi; what a lovely couple they were. Happily married since 1975! In a Hollywood full of 48-hour marriages, they were a class act.

daBaroness
09-15-2009, 12:31 AM
My heart goes out to his wife and his family. I was always impressed with his stories about growing up. His mother was a dancer - his dad was a cowboy. He was both.

I liked Dirty Dancing - but the movie I think I loved the most was "Ghost" with Demi Moore and Whoopie Goldberg. It just had everything.

I think what I like about the man best is that he was genuine. He met his wife when he was 19 and she was 15 at his mother's dance studio. He was a recovering alcoholic - his perserverence to beat his addiction and his wife's dedication to him is amazing by any standards.

He was a very spiritual man - I'm sure he's amazed by the other side.

I hate that he got pancreatic cancer because it's really incurable and I read it had metasticized to his other organs including his liver. The wonderful thing is he made his transition in the company of family.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with his younger brother Don, who is also a very successful character actor and stuntman. He's not as handsome as Patrick, but I know they were very close and worked together on quite a number of projects.

We'll miss you Patrick. Enjoy the next part of your adventure.

Sandina
09-15-2009, 07:24 AM
I loved him in the John Jakes miniseries North & South. So sexy in that!

Aries
09-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Having lost my own husband to this horrible cancer, I feel for his family, am happy he no longer needs to fight a battle impossible to win, and celebrate his 20 month long victory over it.

See you in the future Patrick...
I'm sure you were greeted by a Rogue who can show you a few "moves".

Artemisia
09-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Cancer needs to go away. It's evil.
He was taken too soon.

Ghost was my favorite too. I'll always picture him as a man that was strong, virile and full of love.

Though it was short, I hope he had the time of his life.

Ysobelle
09-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Having lost my own husband to this horrible cancer, I feel for his family, am happy he no longer needs to fight a battle impossible to win, and celebrate his 20 month long victory over it.

See you in the future Patrick...
I'm sure you were greeted by a Rogue who can show you a few "moves".

I've been thinking of you, love. And Draco. I've been talking to a woman who just lost her mom to pancan, and I'm making a purple corset for her to auction. I told her it's for her mom, and for Draco. And now, of course, Patrick.

Love you.

Bronya
09-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I hope his journey now is just like the coin in Ghost. Rest well Patrick

Phoenix McHeit
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I think my favorite role was Vida Boheme.

This link has two of the best scenes from that flick. He played such an Elegant Grande Dame.
http://www.metroweekly.com/gauge/last_word/2009/09/la-vida-boheme-patrick-swayze.html

Isabelle Warwicke
09-15-2009, 07:24 PM
I think my favorite role was Vida Boheme.

"Vida Boheme, of the Manhattan Bohemes." Adam's Apple.

littlekitty381
09-16-2009, 04:23 AM
Thanks for posting this.. It is a sad day. I loved him.. :wah:

MADAM MARY