PDA

View Full Version : Wow - Beware Johns Hopkins Students

daBaroness
09-15-2009, 10:16 AM
This is wild! I dunno - maybe if more good citizens wielded swords there would be a decrease in crime!

Police: College student kills intruder with sword
Buzz up!34 votes Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Twitter Yahoo! Bookmarks Print 46 mins ago
BALTIMORE Baltimore police say a Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed an intruder in his garage.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says campus security and an off-duty city officer responding to a call for a suspicious person heard screams to call police around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday.

Guglielmi says the undergraduate student told the man he found in his garage to leave and the man accosted him. That's when Guglielmi says the student defended himself, cutting off the man's hand and causing a severe laceration to his upper body.

He says the man died at the scene, but police are not yet releasing his name.

Police are interviewing the student and his roommates, and are talking to prosecutors about whether to file charges.

LadyLaura
09-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow. Working for a vendor of knives and swords, am fully aware of what a good-quality katana can do. This is going to be an interesting case, I bet. Would like to see if they press charges.

Phoenix McHeit
09-15-2009, 11:00 AM
I hope it really *was* an intruder.

If so - Right On, Boyo!

Azura
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
This sounds like something straight out of a bad daydream I've had. My boyfriend loves swords, so naturally we have some here and there throughout the house. I'm alone for a good chunk of every day with only my toddler for company. I sometimes wonder what awful things could happen if some psycho decided to break in and try to kill us. :sorry: My imagination is a bad place.

Ysobelle
09-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Apparently, the guy who broke in had a criminal record a mile long, and had only just been released SATURDAY from jail on-- wait for it-- theft charges.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-sword0915,0,4027961.story

Saucy Sue
09-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Too bad this didn't happen in Texas. Then there would not be any question about the property owner's right to defend his property.

Isabelle Warwicke
09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Apparently, the guy who broke in had a criminal record a mile long, and had only just been released SATURDAY from jail on-- wait for it-- theft charges.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-sword0915,0,4027961.story

Wow, thanks, Katana-guy, for doing the world a big favor.

Selena
09-15-2009, 06:52 PM
There can be only one.

Bree-Auna
09-16-2009, 01:06 AM
There can be only one.

The student's last name didn't happen to be MacLeod??::whistle:: Been watching Highlander movies all weekend and hopefully going to start watching the series again soon, sooo...Just checking.:mmph:

The Wizard
09-16-2009, 07:04 PM
If the thief had lived he would probably have sued and won millions of dollars.

Cyranno DeBoberac
09-16-2009, 07:16 PM
If I had been the guy with the sword, I would have tried to take the intruder's head, just to see if I could.

What sucks for me is that all my sharp and shinys are on the walls of the living room, so if someone broke in while I was in bed, he'd get to the swords well before I could. :eek:

I just have to hope he picks one of the crappy SLOs and I can get to one of my Angel pieces.

Peaches O Malley
09-16-2009, 09:26 PM
There can be only one.

Hand. ::whistle::