PDA

View Full Version : Wench Face

daBaroness
09-25-2009, 11:20 AM
I thought I'd start a little thread where we can post feel-good things much as we who use Facebook do. I'll start:

I think I aced my pre-algebra final last. I'm SO excited because I really struggled with algebra in junior/senior high school and it's affected my life ever since. I was bound and determined that I would not let it defreat me as a grown woman. Even though pre-algebra is a non-credit prerequisite requirement taken on a pass-fail basis, understanding concepts i couldn't grasp over 35 years ago is just SO awesome!

Next month - intro to algebra then on to college algebra in November! I can't wait for December when I take medical terminology. Each day I'm getting one step closer ro being a nurse. Yippee!!!!

LdyJhawk
09-25-2009, 11:32 AM
I just submitted my application for readmission to KU. I figure if I'm stuck in Kansas, I might as well make some use of it until I get back to Cali.

I may have to start over again as a Junior but hey, it will get done as much and as quickly as possible! Then? Law school woo

renren
09-25-2009, 01:03 PM
I went walking, and actually *ran* a little, this morning!

shyanwench
09-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Great idea for this thread! I'm almost off my pain pills after surgery!!! I'm watching "Mission Organization" and getting lots of ideas to clean my office when I'm up to it!

Margaret
09-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Just like my current FB status says:

I love my husband. He's sneaky.

LissaRoisin
09-25-2009, 03:41 PM
I can't believe I'm getting married next week. I'm so excited to finally be able to call my rogue my husband after 2 1/2 years of engagement.
Also, I have lost a total of 24 lbs in the last 1.75 years. I'm so proud of myself for it.

wendyzski
09-25-2009, 04:22 PM
I think I've come up with a kick-ass costume track for Windycon. I took the job on at the personal request of the chairman, and I've never done anything like it before. It's done, on time, getting good comments, etc.

But best of all was someone who commented on an LJ community (that it turns out that I worked with briefly 15 years ago) said "It looks great, and truthfully I'd expect no less from you." I really needed to hear that.

Molly The Pirate
09-26-2009, 01:26 PM
i'm buying my first real corset/bodice :) and i know what my guy and i are going to be for halloween. my friend is having a dead "celeb" party, so i am going to be anne boleyn and my guy is going to be the executioner :)

Marelle
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I am on my last week in my first term of online college. I will be leaving my medical terminology class with an A. I am so excited! Next 2 courses, psychology and anatomy and physiology of the human body. I am hoping for high grades in those, as well.

BronxGirl
09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm in North Carolina for the second time in 3 weeks with Nick. *fingers crossed that we get back together*

My friend Paygh is moving here from Cali in 2 weeks. Nick is coming up the day before so we have some alone time before she lands.

Isabelle Warwicke
09-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Just finished four of my seven sewing projects that need to be DONE by Thursday night. I'll probably only catch six and not have new horse garb for Stronghold, but you just wait until next year...I'll have a whole new garniture!

daBaroness
09-28-2009, 11:27 AM
I had a lovely weekend. First - the weather in Kansas City has been absolutely phenomenal all summer. There was only about a week with temps in the 90s and the rest have been in the moderate 80s or lower. This might be the reason I've been reminiscing so much about the days of my youth in Michigan.

We had amazing weather over the weekend. Sunny, with just a smattering of clouds. Beautiful breezes and temps in the low-to-mid 70s - absolutely amazing for faire.

Saturday I had breakfast and chat time with my mom - I love living close to her again. Saturday night had a great time at the KC Rogues/Marines' annual BBQ for performers and participants. Ribs, potato salad to die for and fun conversation with beloved fellow faire freaks! LOL

Sunday - my 5-hour shift at front gate was lots of fun. They were short-handed so I got to stay outside the gate as the main greeter. I was in big-mouth wench heaven!!! Stayed for a couple hours after my shift by was home and in a nice, hot bath by 5 p.m. Ahhhhhhhhh.

Back on the job this morning - grateful to have it and looking forward to being with my stitch-n-bitch friends at our craft booth at Gladfest this coming weekend!

G-d is great, life is good!

Cruisewench
10-01-2009, 06:04 AM
This thread is a great Idea!
I found out last night that my hubby will soon be working full time. He's been a part time bus driver for about a month, but has been filling in at the day program alot lately, and since someone else just quit, he's gonna get their shift, and train someone new in his bus route.
Plus: I'm going to Atlantic city in a few weeks, I've never been there, so I'm quite excited!

Margaret
10-01-2009, 06:49 AM
My husband Jon and I have been married 15 years as of today! :cheer:

Ravin' Raven
10-01-2009, 10:08 AM
My husband Jon and I have been married 15 years as of today! :cheer:

Woo Hoo!!! :cheer:

(I've been married for one year and five months today.....ya got us beat but I'm pretty darn excited myself...well cepptin that hubby is 2600 miles away...:ow:)

Jamianne
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
What a great thread!

We've finally got our co-op on the market and we've already had a bunch of showings. And I discovered that the Long Island OSHA office is pretty close to some of the places we were thinking of looking for a house. They even have a couple openings at Dave's level, so he can transfer if he wants.

We're getting back to PARF after several years!

And we're finally going to take the kids to meet my grandmother who's never seen them and get to see my cousin's little girl. We had to cancel the trip the other year when gas hit $5/gallon.

Molly The Pirate
10-01-2009, 02:22 PM
today, my first corset gets delivered to my house. i'm moving in less than a month which will save me nearly $300 a month on rent for a place that is 2 times the size of what i have now. my fiance finally got into school and starts next term (he's going to be an art teacher!). i worked a whole bunch of extra days this past week so my paycheck will be fat, and for the first time in 3 FREAKIN YEARS things are looking up for the better :) now my nosey-ass family can get out of my damn business! lol

daBaroness
10-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Looking forward to a weekend at a local festival - Gladfest (Gladstone, MO) where I'm sharing booth space with my friends from a MeetUp group called Northland Wednesday Night Stitch-n-Bitch. We're hoping to stitch, bitch and sell what we've stitched and make some extra money. There are six of us so it should be gobs of fun! One of our members lives just 2 blocks from our booth, so we get to park in her driveway. I think I'll take some food to share tomorrow - tonight I'll just get set up. It's supposed to be a bit crisper weather - fall has hit Kansas City - so will wear something warm. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

LissaRoisin
10-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I got married!

voodookatie
10-04-2009, 01:28 AM
I got a 93 in a stability test (math class with a chance of drowning). The class average was a 72. My father nearly shat himself when I told him since I've done so poorly grade-wise in the past.

This is a great thread idea! I like the thought of being more positive thread-wise since positive thinking breeds positive results or something along those lines.