PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling for a boycott!!

SpeedKnight
10-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Who agrees with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbG_woqXTeg

I think we should all boycott Monster Energy. Maybe mass e-mail them to inform them of our distaste?

Blue Pixie
10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm with you- and just because they did that- I will never buy anything even related to them. But I will buy from this guy!

SHpepperKat
10-14-2009, 10:15 PM
More details please for those of us who have youtube issues??

Azura
10-15-2009, 12:43 AM
More details please for those of us who have youtube issues??

Yeah... can anyone fill me (er... us) in? I have a 24 kbps connections on a good day, so YouTube is generally out of the question.

Annabella St. Clair
10-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Perhaps Monster.com should sue Monster Energy. Oh, and lets not forget that all movies with Monster in the name should be sued. Oh, does Cookie Monster lose his name too. Sad situation. Who is the big corporate behind monster energy. That's who should be boycotted too.

Isabelle Warwicke
10-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Interesting. The beer's label says "VerMonster." (Rock Art Brewery is in Vermont. Cute twist.)

For those with youTube issues: Basically Rock Art Brewery, which started 10 years ago in a guy's basement and has grown into a neat little local microbrewery, was contacted by Monster Energy Drink Inc. and given a cease and desist. Rock Art's 10 year anniversary brew "VerMonster" is a ultra hoppy x10 beer. There is no copyright infringement in any way whatsoever on the name, however Rock Art basically has to stand down and stop marketing the beer because Monster Energy has billions and will crush them in court. It sucks in all directions.

Also, I don't drink Monster because it tastes like ass.

Conall Crow
10-15-2009, 04:26 AM
This sounds alot like something I heard on the radio this afternoon. The WWE is going after some wine group for naming one of their events The Great Wine Smackdown or something similar. Seems WWE is claiming they have 'Smackdown' copyrighted.

Cruisewench
10-15-2009, 06:45 AM
monster's website www.monsterenergy.com has a complaint dept. Let them know how you feel! The contact us link is at the very bottom of the Page.

Azura
10-15-2009, 07:27 AM

It's soooo true.... :blech: If you're lucky, sometimes it tastes like flavored ass, though.

Margaret
10-15-2009, 08:12 AM

Actually, about 9 kinds of ass.

SpeedKnight
10-15-2009, 06:22 PM

I remember going to a bar one time and ordering a Jagerbomb... the served it with the shot of Jager and Monster. I shot the Jager and tossed the Monster.

Azura
10-16-2009, 01:38 AM
I remember going to a bar one time and ordering a Jagerbomb... the served it with the shot of Jager and Monster. I shot the Jager and tossed the Monster.

That's why I never drink anything unless my boyfriend makes/orders it for me. Some of the mixed or special drinkies sound just downright disgusting.

SpeedKnight
10-16-2009, 04:41 PM
That's why I never drink anything unless my boyfriend makes/orders it for me. Some of the mixed or special drinkies sound just downright disgusting.

A Jagerbomb is usually rather tastey, I think. Sadly, as it turns out, you can't just go willy nilly and sub in that Monster crap for Red Bull. he he he

Conall Crow
10-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Ok, Got to ask...... You know what '9 kinds of ass' tastes like how??? ;-)::wicked::

While in Hawaii, we went to a luau where a guy showed us how to eat poi. He then asked who all thought it tasted like wallpaper paste. Several people raised their hands to which he replied... "It always amazes me how many mainlanders eat wallpaper paste." :-D

Margaret
10-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I have it on good authority from my husband that things can taste like "9 kinds of ass."

I have never been brave enough to ask how he garnered that bit of information.

Phoenix McHeit
10-17-2009, 03:19 PM
And the newest "this is ridiculous" update from the Energy Drink Silliness.

http://consumerist.com/5383338/monster-energy-threatens-actual-movie-monster-were-not-kidding?skyline=true&s=x

and this:

http://consumerist.com/5382858/monster-energy-trains-legal-guns-on-beverage-review-website

Mistress Morigianna
10-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok, Got to ask...... You know what '9 kinds of ass' tastes like how??? ;-)::wicked::

While in Hawaii, we went to a luau where a guy showed us how to eat poi. He then asked who all thought it tasted like wallpaper paste. Several people raised their hands to which he replied... "It always amazes me how many mainlanders eat wallpaper paste." :-D

What is really funny is i went to Hawaii and loved the color of poi- its such a pretty purple but is really really bland. So at our table we doctored it. We added tomatos, onions, (from the salad bar) and steak rub and herbal harmony herb blends (from my purse- I always carry DragonMarsh spice mixes in a little bottle). Then we ate it with celry, carrots & chips.

I think we invented poi salsa! LOL

Ysobelle
10-22-2009, 11:10 AM
WOOT!!!

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=11362590

A Monster Win for Rock Art

Morrisville, Vermont - October 21, 2009

A monster win for a Vermont beer company. Rock Art Brewery, which makes the popular Vermonster beer, has won its legal battle with the large corporation that makes Monster Energy Drinks.

In mid-September Rock Art brewery got a "cease and desist" letter from Hansen Beverage Company, the makers of Monster Energy Drink. The letter demanded Rock Art stop selling ‘The Vermonster' beer and drop its efforts to get a federal beer trademark for The Vermonster.

Once word got out about the threat, the public rallied around Rock Art. Dozens of liquor stores throughout Vermont pulled Monster Energy drinks from their shelves and fans started Facebook pages calling for a Monster boycott.

Rock Art lawyers have been in negotiations with Monster lawyers and late Wednesday afternoon the two sides came to an agreement. Rock Art gets to keep ‘The Vermonster' name as long as it stays out of the energy drink business.

Nadeau is pleased with the victory and says he would like to see more trademark reform.

"We're so happy and appreciate all the support," Nadeau said in a phone interview from his home, Wednesday night. "It would be wonderful to take this momentum and look at the next step. A little bit of reform. I understand big corporations have built their business, but the small guy needs to be able to fight a reasonable battle."

Drinkers of Rock Art beer are also happy to hear the news.

"Excellent, we're very excited about it," said Montpelier resident John Graves upon learning of the agreement. "I don't think Monster owns the English language. It's not the same name. If they called the beer Monster, that would be an argument."

Burlington resident Daniel Luttrell spent the last several weeks inviting people to join the Facebook page in support of Rock Art.

"They won?! I'm ecstatic!" he said after learning the news. "I'm thrilled!"

Monster had also demanded Rock Art pay its legal fees associated with this threat, but the company agreed to drop that request.

Bianca Slota - WCAX News

Gellis Indigo
10-22-2009, 12:07 PM
If you ask me, Monster should be paying Rock Art's legal fees.

Azura
10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
So, what - Monster wanted Rock Art to say sorry for making Monster punch them in the face, but then they wanted the lunch money, too? What bullies. :unamused:

prospero
10-22-2009, 06:58 PM
It looks like they are taking a page from Monster Cable’s legal handbook. Funnily enough, Monster Cable sued Monster Energy drink (owned by Hansen Beverage) for trademark infringement a while back. Monster Cable seems to sue anyone with the words “Monster” or “Cable” or any other word in the English language. Regardless it’s an asinine way to go about protecting the brand name. The old “nuke em from orbit” strategy has backfired nicely in this case.
As I find the flavor of Monster Energy drink disagreeable (9 kinds of ass is spot on) I’ll extent my personal boycott to any Hansen Beverage Co. products. I know it won’t mean shit to them but I’ll feel better about it.
Weirdly, Hansen’s does not list Monster as a product they sell. Maybe they’re All Natural 100% Juice Happy Fun Time products don’t mix well with the EXxXxTREAMSpOrtzWHARGBLE image Monster has.

Cruisewench
10-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I just received an email from Hansen Beverage. It looks like They've reached an agreement!