PDA

View Full Version : best kids halloween costume you have seen

Mistress Morigianna
10-20-2009, 03:03 PM
After my rant about trick or treaters I thought we needed something lighter.

so what is the best costume you saw on the kids in the last few years?

I had a little girl dressed up as a fairy princess, all pink with wand and all. The mom was the castle! she was in pink sweats with a square popup playcastle (like kids play with in the living room) on ropes that tied over her shoulders.
The mom was in the middle of the castle with it all around her.

we had the peanuts crew- they had made heads out of papermache super big and wore them on thier heads over the costume. even pigpen had his dirty blanket.

csi victim- had a cardboard cut out around them with tape marked and bood spatter.

group of pirates- one of the kids had a broken leg- he covered it with paper to look like a peg leg and was being pulled in a wagon decked out like a pirate ship. he had a real rat on his shoulder.

one that made me laugh- kid looked normal- I asked what he was thinking he had no costume- He said murder victim- and turns around- he had knives, bullet holes and an axe stuck in his back!

Molly The Pirate
10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
there was a guy at a party once that i saw and had to ask about. he was walking around with a black shirt on with stars all over it and a big #1 on it. he had also rigged a small table to hang off his shoulders with a functioning drawer for his phone and wallet. he said he was a one night stand. :ilu:

LdyJhawk
10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Kid in all black. Sweats, sweatshirt, face mask. I asked what he was supposed to be and he flipped a sign down.. "Invisible Pedestrian". I didn't mean to but oh how I laughed

Hoyden
10-20-2009, 05:15 PM
The Gremlin decided she wanted the be the GREM Reaper for Samhain. (She decided that she should be called the GREM reaper instead of the Grim Reapber - btw)

The last weekend of CTRF is Trick or Treat weekend for kids in costumes. To kill two birds with one stone, I decided to make Gremlin Grim Reaper robe and cape out of polar fleece. Kid is warm & kid has costume.

Three hours of sewing, a little paint by the most talented Marrus (www.marrusart.com) and we have ourselves a most frightening Grem Reaper.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/hoyden2894/CTRF%202009%20-%20WK4/Establishingconnections2copy.jpg
With Blogg of Smee & Blogg, the singing Executioners.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/hoyden2894/CTRF%202009%20-%20WK4/LJAvatar-Asknotcopy.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/hoyden2894/CTRF%202009%20-%20WK4/GREM_Reaper1CaptBluebeard1copy.jpg

Redbird Annie Cardinal
10-20-2009, 06:57 PM
It wasn't a kid and it was a long time ago, but one of the most memorable costumes I've ever seen was a young woman (it was in a bar, so she was of drinking age).

She had a wooden WW2 airplane built around her. It had German swastikas on it. In her hand was a small version like a toy plane.

The small plane was the model of a Folker. She called it the baby folker and she was the mother .....

And she won the prize that night.

surlywench
10-20-2009, 09:54 PM
kid dressed up like a pirate, dog dressed up like a parrot. i <3 working in a pet store, lol.

Peaches O Malley
10-20-2009, 11:04 PM
there was a guy at a party once that i saw and had to ask about. he was walking around with a black shirt on with stars all over it and a big #1 on it. he had also rigged a small table to hang off his shoulders with a functioning drawer for his phone and wallet. he said he was a one night stand. :ilu:

Along those lines...TV box cut to fit over head and set off center under the girls. Glued empty alcohol bottle, condom wrapper and fake cig. butts on top of box. Set small pillow off to the side, wore pajamas and smeared "party aka heavy" makeup from the center of my face to one side. My version of a one night stand. :snicker:

SHpepperKat
10-21-2009, 01:41 AM
The Gremlin decided she wanted the be the GREM Reaper for Samhain. (She decided that she should be called the GREM reaper instead of the Grim Reapber - btw)

The last weekend of CTRF is Trick or Treat weekend for kids in costumes. To kill two birds with one stone, I decided to make Gremlin Grim Reaper robe and cape out of polar fleece. Kid is warm & kid has costume.

Three hours of sewing, a little paint by the most talented Marrus (www.marrusart.com (http://www.marrusart.com)) and we have ourselves a most frightening Grem Reaper.

I LOVE this... She is just darling.

SilverMirth
10-21-2009, 07:01 AM
I would have to say that the best one that I can think of off the top of the head is the brothers. One was dressed as a washing machine. The kid had clothes hanging out of the machine, "bubbles"coming out the top and empty laundry aids attached to him. His brother was covered with socks and had a monster mask....he was a sock monster-- he was the reason all the socks went missing in the wash.

I have also seen some pretty impressive witches, fairies, and monsters over the years.

daBaroness
10-22-2009, 04:43 AM
Years ago - when I was a lounge lizard, there was a costume contest at the club we used to frequent. One guy came (no pun intended) as a giant penis. Somehow he'd found a heavy cardboard tube long enough and wide enough to fit into. He cut a hole near the top for his face and two holes for arms. Then he fashioned a circumcized head for the top and two giant balls covering his feet out of what looked to be papier mache. The darned thing had raised veins, hair on the balls and a little opening in the crease in the head affixed to a pump where ever so often he'd spew something slimy. He chased women around all night and I think he won third prize.

In the same contest - three people dressed as a group - the guy was a HUGE cast iron skillet. The two women were a sunny-side-up egg and a strip of bacon. The guy went and laid down on the dance floor and the girls laid on top of his and flopped up and down like they were cooking. I think they won first prize.

Another party I went to there was a woman dressed up like a used Q-Tip. She wore white knee-high furry boots, white leggings, a white top and made a huge headdress out of sheeted polyfil (like you'd use for a quilt) and then put some kind of dark yellow substance on it for the ear wax. It was cool and gross all at the same time.

Lady Hefron
10-22-2009, 01:52 PM
At a party at a club a guy came in with a vibrator strapped to his head...wait for it...yeah, he was a dick head.

shadowcat546
10-29-2009, 10:34 PM
HI. no cute costumes seen lately, but had to reply
Silver, and...Redbird. Oh my, those 2 costumes sound very, very creative and worthy of a #1 ribbon ! (kids as washing machine/ sock monster, and woman as a plane/Fokker ) . wonderful. thanks for the laugh.

me? I'm going to dress up as a Headhunter/witchdoctor/ voodoo houdoun again...to pass out treats at my parent's house.

SilverMirth
10-29-2009, 11:18 PM
I'll have to post pics of my 13 yo's costume for this year this weekend. He insisted on a being a lego mini-figure. A 4x8 sheet of blue styrofoam insulation sheeting and a lot of cutting and mess later he has the head. He better enjoy it because evidently this is his last year of T-O-T'ing due to some county law/ordinance that we keep getting told about setting the maximum age at 13 for kids to go out. Even though I am yet to find an ordinance on the books stating this.

littlekitty381
11-03-2009, 01:46 AM
I know this is not a pic but it is Halloween..

Kids say the darnedest thing .
Our Neighbor kid said there is
a heavy pumpkin here. I said
where. He said right here and
showed me his pumpkin bag.
Then said it is heavy it needs a
little more right here.. pointed to a
small part in his bag.. lol ::waggle:::snicker:

MADAM MARY

EvilKittie
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
http://thebodnerone.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/5236_2d17.jpeg

Bronya
11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Here is my family this year.

WenchLadyKate
11-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Someone in my moms building was dressed inwhite sweats with some styrofoam cups, paper plates, napkins and stuff glued to the sweats. All of it white. Yea, she was dressed as white trash.

Bronya
11-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Someone in my moms building was dressed inwhite sweats with some styrofoam cups, paper plates, napkins and stuff glued to the sweats. All of it white. Yea, she was dressed as white trash.

bada bing, bada boom.........I love that idea!

Gemdrite
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
A staff member and her husband each had a plastic butt; one glued smarties on it, the other, dum-dum suckers. Yep, they were a smartass and a dumbass.

Ysobelle
11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
http://thebodnerone.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/5236_2d17.jpeg

Win! WIN!!!

Andreadoria
11-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I have a few from Boo day's past I take pictures of people that trick or treat as I sit out side passing out my trinkets....I usually sit dressed as a Vampire of some sort sometimes with one of my pointys from Lars.

I always ask if I can take a picture....My house is always done to the nines for the day with smoke machines hidden where you walk by and I always blast the crowd as they come up for their treats and as they pass the house ...not a big lawn.

This year is the first in a very long long time I was not in a true Hallows spirit for some reason I did not partake at all just not like me at all. I had come home from Ypsilanti MI the day before I was there to see my Cousin and his wife's new baby boy,and the 2 big sisters.

Here are pictures from years past. Oh My Bf and I got my cousin's girls Little Mermaid costumes and the baby was a 6 week old dragon...waiting on pictures there.

the Frankenstein Family3350 baby Frankie is holding a Franken duckie...that year anyone under 2 got a Halloween rubber duckie
a baby dragon3351,
scardy baby chicken and her dragon they were afraid of the spider3352,
rosie3353,
Nona (grandma) Rosalia she lives next door3354,

the house that year was Jack Skellington, Ogie Boogie, and a big purple spider on my lawn, and between the houses was a black cat with a pumpkin..all inflatables and the hidden fog machines...the easy decorations

renren
11-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I saw a teenager at the town halloween party, wearing all black, with small boxes of breakfast cereal on his outfit,with plastic knives inserted thru the boxes...Took me a while, then, as he was almost past me, I turned around , laughing, and said "I get it ! A cereal killer!"
That was my fave this year!