PDA

View Full Version : Illegal To Be Naked In Your Own Home?

Gellis Indigo
10-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Man Busted For Being Naked in Own Home (http://news.aol.com/article/eric-williams-charged-with-indecent/730688)

Wait, what? The guy gets up, goes to get some coffee from his kitchen, and because a woman and her kid were cutting through his yard and happen to look into his window and see him, he's arrested?!? Because they think he wanted to be seen?

I hope there's more to this story than is in the article, because if not, then I'm more than uncomfortable with the implications of this.

Katie O'Connell
10-22-2009, 07:52 AM
:irked:

I wonder just what the heck the woman and her kid were doing in his yard at 5:30 in the morning... ?

He "Wanted to be seen?" What, did he have all the lights on and stood right in front of the window? Does anyone expect to have an audience at that time of the morning?

(imagining that scene in Life Of Brian when Brian finds the whole town outside his window when he opens the shutters)

C'mon lady -- if you're going to be voyeur, you can't be a prude. :thumbsdo:

Hoyden
10-22-2009, 08:05 AM
He should press charges for trespassing.

The next step for me would be posting signs on the property & putting up a fence.

Selena
10-22-2009, 08:42 AM
How can you be arrested for "indecent exposure" while inside the privacy of your own home? The woman is being a bitch... I mean really, it's not like her son has never seen a penis before... nor has she! Don't even get me started on the whole tresspassing issue!

daBaroness
10-22-2009, 09:18 AM
I heard about this last night at my Stitch-n-Bitch meetup. Unbelievable. And considering some of the idiotic juris prudence that has been taking place of late - I'm not at all certain this guy won't be fined, jailed or both. Great googly moogly!

Katie O'Connell
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM
He should press charges for trespassing.

The next step for me would be posting signs on the property & putting up a fence.

:lol:

I can see it now... a privacy fence with a sign: Beware of Penis.

Yeah, I'd go for a trespassing charge... and if his nudity is 'dangerous to the public' then I'd ask to add a child endagerment charge. She shouldn't have put her son in such a 'dangerous situation.'

You watch now... he'll not only be arrested and charged, but put on the sex offender list as well. :unamused:

Conall Crow
10-22-2009, 10:52 AM
I couldn't get the link to AOL News to work so I did a search more news on this. Did find it on a Fox News Site with a link to an update on the story. Hope that link works out. LOL

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/102109_naked_man_arrested_after_making_coffee_upda te

In case the link doesn't work...

But at about 8:30 a.m. on Monday morning, a neighbor walking her son to school says he deliberately exposed himself-- not once, but twice. First, she says it happened as he was standing in the glass doorway in the kitchen, and then again at a front window.

"We've heard there may have been other people who had a similar incident," said Mary Ann Jennings, a Fairfax County Police spokesperson.

The complaint came from an unidentified woman who was walking with a 7-year-old boy. A Fairfax County Police spokesperson said officers arrested Williamson for indecent exposure because they believe he wanted to be seen naked by the public.

On Wednesday, investigators told FOX 5 they have reason to believe there may have been another incident in which someone saw Williamson naked in front of his window. They're asking anyone who may have seen Williamson in the nude through his windows to come forward, even if it was at a different time.

Police are especially concerned because the house is located across the street from a bus stop for school children. So on Wednesday, officers canvassed the neighborhood with fliers, asking anyone who may have been subject to an exposure to come forward.

The department spokesperson says in a rare move, they're releasing more information about the case.

"Because this was being spun into a national story, and the idea you can't be naked in your own house-- we wanted to come forward and say in this case our officers believed there was probable cause the law had been violated," said Jennings.

Eric has since moved out of the rental house he shared with several diving buddies. And, by phone on Wednesday, the father of a 5-year-old girl maintained his innocence, as he did Monday in an exclusive interview with FOX 5.

"I'm a loving dad-- any of my friends would tell you that," Williamson said. "There is not a chance on this planet I would ever, ever do anything like that to a kid."

Police wouldn't release the incident report or the name of the mother who filed the complaint. FOX 5 has learned she is a respected member of the community, and just happens to be the wife of a Fairfax County Police officer.

FOX 5 also spoke with some of Williamson's roommates, and they said they believed Eric was drunk on Monday morning when they were all leaving for work around 5 a.m. The alleged exposure happened around 8:30 a.m. Williamson, however, says he was drinking on Sunday night, but was not drunk on Monday morning.

Azura
10-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I really don't like the direction that this is going. Pretty soon we'll have all sorts of people trespassing on other people's property just to try to be able to sue them. Does anyone remember the person who got in trouble for - what was it? Public indecency or something? - being overheard cursing at her toilet.

Gellis Indigo
10-22-2009, 05:27 PM
I wonder when Glenn Beck is going to accuse this man of child molestation and militant furthering of the "gay agenda"...

Wow, that's quite a leap, don't you think? From what I do know of Glenn Beck (I'm not a fan) and his views on the government and the Consitution, I seriously doubt you will hear anything of the sort from him, from Rush, or from Hannity.

Is it really necessary to make this a liberal vs. conservative debate?

Mistress Morigianna
10-22-2009, 06:56 PM
question- were they traspassing looking in the window or does he have a big picture window that faces a school where kids walk to school?

I am naked in stages most of the time in my house. I have a big piture window. I have a big purple celtic throw over the window- light comes through and I am not flashing people. However if you came right up on my porch and peeked through the edge you might see through and see me.

If he was streeching in a window facing the street (and a school) naked and dangling-I can see a problem with that. if he was walking by and they were traspassing looking in? that's something else.

I have a neibor that wanted to trim the bushes between our house. I warned them if they trim to much they will see me walking around my kitchen if they look in as i can't put a curtain over the stove. She laughed and said no problem and only trimed the fronts leaving the hieght covering the window ;-)

Selena
10-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Check out the video clip seen here (http://www.wench.org/forums/showthread.php?p=382682#post382682). Look at the house behind the reporter, then follow the camera as it leads toward the bus pick-up site. That's a little bit of a distance, plus the kitchen window is kinda small.

The report states his roommates said he might have been drunk/hungover. And?? So what? Does that still make it wrong to walk naked in your own home? And unless the guy was jacking off... big deal.

Okay, so what if the guy was truly seen naked. This country is so friggin' uptight about the naked human body.

Mistress Morigianna
10-23-2009, 12:47 AM
your link doesn't work for me

Thistle
10-23-2009, 03:51 AM
Isn't it the Taliban that has people paint the windows of their homes black so that passers-by wont see in and even accidentally see a woman not in her burka? Is that the level we have sunk to?

I'm going to go strip and run about my house nekked. If trespasses complain, do I still have the right to shoot them?

Selena
10-23-2009, 07:17 AM
your link doesn't work for me

D'oh! Sorry! I copied this thread instead. Here it is. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/22/naked-man-charged-with-in_n_330037.html)
Goes to HuffPo.

Selena
10-23-2009, 07:21 AM
Is that the level we have sunk to?

Well, yeah. When the entire country freaks out over a friggin nipple (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXVIII_halftime_show_controversy) shown for a bloody second... yeeup! Pathetic. No wonder many of the rest of the western world thinks we Americans are idiots.

Lady Anisette
10-23-2009, 11:23 AM
She saw him naked through that small window? Just how close was she to his home? And where is the ACLU? While I think that at times they are a pain in the ass, this is a case that they should jump on. A person has the right to be naked at home. Those windows are too small to actually see through from a distance. We aren't talking large picture windows here....

Damn.

Alluring Alora
10-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, who knew I was living on the fringes of the law? I walk around naked in my house all the time!

I live on the second floor, and don't go up to the windows or anything like that. The way I see it, if somebody wants to look in my windows, they're already getting the punishment they deserve fro peeping! *rotfl*

Selena
10-23-2009, 11:55 AM
She saw him naked through that small window? Just how close was she to his home? And where is the ACLU? While I think that at times they are a pain in the ass, this is a case that they should jump on. A person has the right to be naked at home. Those windows are too small to actually see through from a distance. We aren't talking large picture windows here....

Damn.

In truth, by watching him inside the house, the window looks lower than many other kitchen windows I generally see. But then again, how often am I in that state to compare the way housing is built up there. Here, my kitchen window is above my sink and it sits about chest high on me. AND I walk in front of it topless ALL of the time. (shaddup Bob!:wink: )

I guess I'm a criminal too! :unamused:

Conall Crow
10-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Ok, maybe I have missed something but first reports says the lady saw him at 5:30 in the morning but now everyone is saying it was 8:30 am. Watching the video Selena posted, the kitchen window may be small but what about the door leading outside? When the guy is shown coming down the stairs it is directly in front of him. Maybe it was the windows in the kitchen door that she saw him thru. Several reports that I have now seen and heard comment about the lady being a 'respected member of the community' and 'the wife of a police officer'

Isabelle Warwicke
10-23-2009, 12:03 PM
:irked:
C'mon lady -- if you're going to be voyeur, you can't be a prude. :thumbsdo:

Exactly.

It's also the reason I have a four foot fence around my yard and really good curtains. My house is like a fishbowl and I'm comfortable in my skin.

Selena
10-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Here's another video (http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/102109_naked_man_arrested_after_making_coffee_upda te). You decide.

The previous vid was reporting from the left side of the house (if you're at the street level), along with a wide girth of property. That left side is the kitchen window and a side door with a screen door, that appear to be solar screens. There are 2 long front-of-the-house windows with sheer curtains (see 1:00 mark) Then at the 1:49 mark, they show the interview from the outside point of view thru the left front window, without a screen (the other appears to have a screen). There's a bush partially blocking the window. At the 2:11 and 2:28 mark, you clearly see the distance of the house from the street and the large trees close to the sidewalk.

There's many conflicting reports... one says 5:30, another says 8:30. He claims it was dark outside. at 8:30, isn't it already daylight by then? And if so, they wouldn't be able to see inside as clearly as in the dark. And if it were at 5:30 in the dark, why are 7 year olds outside waiting at the busstop at 5:30am?

And so what if the woman who reported it is a "respected member of the community"? Big whoop. Doesn't mean she's not a prude.

Ravin' Raven
10-23-2009, 02:01 PM
And so what if the woman who reported it is a "respected member of the community"? Big whoop. Doesn't mean she's not a prude.

But Selena you know that police officers and their wives, and civil servants like judges and senators and congressmen and governors and all of their wives and husbands are always fine upstanding citizens and respected members of their communities and need to be protected from the rest of the ilk of the world...

Conall Crow
10-23-2009, 02:05 PM
If it was 5:30 and dark outside, I can maybe understand being able to see inside if the lights were on. At work, I see that alot with office buildings having their interior lights on while it is dark outside. Looks like their is a spotlight on anyone inside the building. But if it happened at 8:30, then it should have been light outside which has me wondering more about how she was able to see him. I agree that it doesn't matter if she is a respected member of society but several news stories seem to throw that in there. Respected or not, a prude is still a prude. LOL

Selena
10-23-2009, 02:20 PM
But Selena you know that police officers and their wives, and civil servants like judges and senators and congressmen and governors and all of their wives and husbands are always fine upstanding citizens and respected members of their communities and need to be protected from the rest of the ilk of the world...

That's right. Just like this woman (http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/08/michigan_state_police_officer.html)was! I'm sure she's now a fine and upstanding citizen... in the state pen.

Phoenix McHeit
10-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Police wouldn't release the incident report or the name of the mother who filed the complaint. FOX 5 has learned she is a respected member of the community, and just happens to be the wife of a Fairfax County Police officer.

THERE'S the reason, right there.

"Honey, DO something! He assaulted my eyes! And the eyes of this young child who was right there with me, tresspassingIMeanWalking to the bus stop! ARREST HIM!!!"

:roll::roll: Puh-lease. Don't they have enough real police work to do around there, they have to go after a guy for being in the buff in his own house???

Isabelle Warwicke
10-23-2009, 02:26 PM
:roll::roll: Puh-lease. Don't they have enough real police work to do around there, they have to go after a guy for being in the buff in his own house???

Exactamente!

I'm peeved that they are putting a canvass out in the community for other people who may have seen him in the buff.

No wonder he's moving to a new location.

daBaroness
10-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Reports coming out today may change the face of this case. This man has allegedly been a flasher in the past and even his roommates suggest he's a bit off in the good judgement department. I guess time will tell what the real story is and whether this is a case of injustice - or justice overdue.

Selena
10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm peeved that they are putting a canvass out in the community for other people who may have seen him in the buff.

And that's also it... I mean they are claiming criminal intent. The man admitted he was naked in his own home. Was he jerking off? All other reports never address this... just that he was nude. Even if he was "seen" multiple times!

So the prosecuting attorney is going to have to prove -- beyond the reason of a doubt if this thing goes to court -- criminal intent for this man being naked inside his home. The burden of proof is on them. And just how do you do that unless there is mindreading going on?

How fucked up is that??

Bronya
10-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I live in a condo complex. Some of them are single story and some are two-story. I have a tiny back yard with a 6' fence. It takes for ever for the hot water to get to the shower so my routine is, I open the door for Denver to go out every morning about 6ish. I place his water bowl out there at the same time then go back inside to take my shower. I usually have already taken the pj's off...now if someone is looking out their window and sees me, their problem, not mine.

shyanwench
10-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Maybe he needs to go into a line up and see if they woman can identify him.... oh please.... I wanna know if he is endowed to warrant all the exposure... *rotfl**rotfl**rotfl*

Cyranno DeBoberac
10-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Of course, if the roles were reversed and it was the man outside seeing the woman naked in her home, they would still arrest the man, but this time for being a peeping tom. :roll:

I'm just glad that NYC isn't as chromosomally-challenged as Virginia, because I would otherwise be in a lot of trouble. I'm almost never not naked in my apartment, and the people in building across the way probably have no problem seeing in through my windows.

I should sue the producers of Friends for royalties on the Ugly Naked Guy character (http://friends.wikia.com/wiki/Ugly_Naked_Guy). :D

Katie O'Connell
10-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Of course, if the roles were reversed and it was the man outside seeing the woman naked in her home, they would still arrest the man, but this time for being a peeping tom. :roll:

sad, but probably pretty accurate.

I'm just glad that NYC isn't as chromosomally-challenged as Virginia, because I would otherwise be in a lot of trouble. I'm almost never not naked in my apartment, and the people in building across the way probably have no problem seeing in through my windows.

on the plus side, the Nat Geo crew filming Sasquatch sightings in metropolitan areas is getting a lot of good footage for their upcomming special.... :snicker:

(heh. we love ya, Bob)

Mistress Morigianna
10-23-2009, 11:28 PM
had it been a woman they would have filmed it and put it on utube.

Cyranno DeBoberac
10-23-2009, 11:41 PM
on the plus side, the Nat Geo crew filming Sasquatch sightings in metropolitan areas is getting a lot of good footage for their upcomming special.... :snicker:

(heh. we love ya, Bob)

I wish I could still pass for Sasquatch. Sadly, I'm getting closer to a Yeti. :-(

Ravin' Raven
10-24-2009, 12:00 PM
I wish I could still pass for Sasquatch. Sadly, I'm getting closer to a Yeti. :-(

A hot, sexy beast of a yeti....

soooo.....just because it's chilly around here in the morning I've been putting a robe on - glad I did or those damned nosey mule deer that hang out in my yard in the morning would have been turning me in this morning!!! If course when they saw me they showed me THEIR tails. hey - officer...over here - I saw that deer's tail!!!! I'm scarred!

Thistle
10-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Wish I could find the article: a couple years ago an architect from Japan made a glass house that included a glass bathroom. He said he and his family just "didn't look" when someone was in the facilities. Wonder how well that would go over, here.

littlekitty381
10-25-2009, 10:00 AM
WOW. He should get them for tress passing, for being a peeping tom... Wow it was his own house. You should be able to walk around naked if you want..

wrenchwench
10-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I didn't get a chance to follow the links to see the windows but this is what bothers me. If you don't want to risk seeing something in another's house why do you look in the windows? I can walk the street I live on without peeking into the windows of each house I pass, why couldn't she?

I grew up in my mom's house that had many floor to ceiling windows, the only windows that had shades were those in the bedrooms and bathrooms. Yes we weren't always fully dressed, and when she was gone I was hardly ever dressed. Knowing my mom the same was true in reverse.
The house was located at the end of a dirt road on a fully wooded lot so there were no close neighbors but I know people hunted the sand pit and woods we shared the end of the road with. Our view was anyone stupid enough to look in our windows got what they deserved.

Thistle
10-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Its a good thing she was only trespassing: imagine if she had broken in and found the Playboys under the bed- how upset would she be then?!

Cyranno DeBoberac
10-25-2009, 05:12 PM
I just want to say that if this story has made any of you wenches uncomfortable with being naked in your own home, you are all more than welcome to come be naked in the safe nurturing environment of my home.

Adriana Rose
10-25-2009, 06:52 PM
theres our Bob always looking out to help a wench out

:-D

Laurensa
10-25-2009, 09:36 PM

Isn't he just the soul of graciousness and generosity? :-D

SpeedKnight
10-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Here, my kitchen window is above my sink and it sits about chest high on me. AND I walk in front of it topless ALL of the time. (shaddup Bob!:wink: )

I think we need a video.

I have to agree with Bob about the Peeping Tom comment also.

Katie O'Connell
10-26-2009, 12:43 PM

"Help a wench out".... of her clothes.

Selena
10-26-2009, 11:01 PM
I just want to say that if this story has made any of you wenches uncomfortable with being naked in your own home, you are all more than welcome to come be naked in the safe nurturing environment of my home.

Tease.

Oh wait... sorry. furget'in who i'm talkin' about!

Missed you at faire this past weekend!
'Nuther time eh? ::whistle::

(shaddup Reaper!!)

littlekitty381
10-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Ok.. What State does this person live in who is willing to help a wench out of her garb.. GRIN..

MADAM MARY:snicker:

HazelEyedFae
10-27-2009, 01:03 AM
OH my. I should be arrested every day then. he he. I live in a remote wooded area, and sometimes go hang my laundry up naked just for the thrill of being naked outdoors. This man shouldnt have been arrested, considering that we are BORN naked. We shower naked. We mate naked. And in the privacy of your own home, you should be as naked as you please to be. People just need to stop looking in windows :D

Laurensa
10-27-2009, 07:56 AM
OH my. I should be arrested every day then. he he. I live in a remote wooded area, and sometimes go hang my laundry up naked just for the thrill of being naked outdoors. This man shouldnt have been arrested, considering that we are BORN naked. We shower naked. We mate naked. And in the privacy of your own home, you should be as naked as you please to be. People just need to stop looking in windows :D

My husband's email sig is "Nakedness Hides Nothing". :-D

Cyranno DeBoberac
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Ok.. What State does this person live in who is willing to help a wench out of her garb.. GRIN..

MADAM MARY:snicker:

Usually, a state of arousal. ;-)

Phoenix McHeit
10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
::rimshot:

Bonnie Strangeways
11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
eh, *shrugs* To be nekkid at my house is to be comfortable. (when the kids aren't home that is) Course...I'm just a dirty little pervert. *grin* I've even got a big old decal on the side of the Jeep that states "Life's short...Play Naked" and a little partier streakin' nekkid as a jaybrid underneath.

SHpepperKat
11-06-2009, 09:54 PM
eh, *shrugs* To be nekkid at my house is to be comfortable. (when the kids aren't home that is) Course...I'm just a dirty little pervert. *grin* I've even got a big old decal on the side of the Jeep that states "Life's short...Play Naked" and a little partier streakin' nekkid as a jaybrid underneath.
She REALLY does. I've seen the luverly yellow Jeep.