PDA

View Full Version : News of the Weird

daBaroness
10-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Read these today and thought they were too funny not to share. Hope you'll enjoy!

Well, There's Your Problem Sir

OSLO (Reuters) A man was caught by Norwegian customs carrying a tarantula in his bag, and a further 14 royal pythons and 10 albino leopard geckos taped to his body, media reported Monday.

The 22-year-old Norwegian was stopped in a routine check by Kristiansand customs after arriving on a ferry from Denmark, newspaper Faedrelandsvennen reported.

Customs found the tarantula, before deciding to give him a full body search that revealed 14 stockings -- one for each snake -- taped around his torso, top selling tabloid VG said.

Reptile smuggling is not uncommon in Norway, which prohibits people holding many reptile species as pets, but office manager Helge Breilid at Kristiansand customs was quoted by VG as saying customs officers had been "horrified" by Sunday's catch.

"Customs officers quickly realized the man was smuggling animals, because his whole body was in constant motion," Breilid told VG.

When the man dropped his pants, the officers found 10 cans taped to his legs, each containing a lizard, he said.

The man was still being held by police Monday, Kristiansand police attorney Johann Martin Kile told VG, adding he would be released upon agreeing to pay a 12,500 Norwegian crowns ($2,256) fine.

The reptiles were handed over to a security firm until Norwegian authorities decide what to do with them, Breilid said.

Cops: Fla. man stole ferret by shoving it in pants

JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. It's one thing for shoplifters to hide plunder in their pants. But a live ferret? Police said a homeless man in north Florida did just that. And he made it out the door before being challenged. Rodney Bolton, 38, was charged with theft over the $129 animal that police say he took from a pet store in Jacksonville Beach.

A 17-year-old witness confronted Bolton in the parking lot and was bitten by the animal after the man allegedly shoved it in the teen's face.

That confrontation makes the ferret a "special weapon" under Florida law. So Bolton also faces battery charges for dangerously wielding the animal.

Calls to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Department to see if Bolton has a lawyer were not answered early Thursday.

Betty Munro
10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Is anyone else thinking ...

Are you happy to see me, or is that a ferret in your pants.:lol:

renren
10-31-2009, 10:35 AM
*rotfl*Just when you think you've heard it all....

Lady Hefron
10-31-2009, 12:26 PM
I...deep breath...I...can't...stop...laughing!

Thistle
10-31-2009, 04:15 PM
...bitten in the face by a stolen pocket-weasel! **snerk!**

daBaroness
10-31-2009, 06:44 PM
I can relate to the laughing - I read it while I was at lunch at work and just got the giggles. The ferret down the pants made me lose it. And the guy with all the squirmy crawlies taped to his body just gave me the funniest visual. The things people do!