PDA

View Full Version : Placenta Teddy Bear

Ravin' Raven
11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Yep...you read that right. Now I know I've never been a mom but, um....ewwww....::freakyf:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/placenta-teddy-bear-turns-heads/story?id=9043347

Selena
11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Ick.

It feels soft, somewhere between leather and suede but it's much more flexible than leather -- it's bendy.

So are my tampons. Yes, I do think I should start saving them and sewing them into little trinkets and thankful keepsakes that I'm NOT having a baby. Again... Ick! :yuck:

Ravin' Raven
11-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Ick.

So are my tampons. Yes, I do think I should start saving them and sewing them into little trinkets and thankful keepsakes that I'm NOT having a baby. Again... Ick! :yuck:

Actually I know several ladies who rinse them out and use the water for their plants - the plants love it!

Ysobelle
11-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Actually I know several ladies who rinse them out and use the water for their plants - thee plants love it!

Okay, when those plants start eating your dentist, I'm outta here.

Ravin' Raven
11-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Okay, when those plants start eating your dentist, I'm outta here.

*rotfl*

Feed me Seymour!!

(okay I have to admit I've done this once or twice to very special magical plants and I know a couple of ladies who have ceremonially eaten their placentas - ceremonial only because they don't "need" to like some cultures for the nutrition - so maybe I shouldn't be skeeved out about a placenta teddy bear....yep...still am...:yuck:)

Bean
11-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Ummmm.... gak....

Alluring Alora
11-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I think a lock of hair and the first lost baby-tooth is enough for me.

Lis Elfwench
11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Ick.

But if I didn't KNOW what that bear was made of, I'd think it was cute....

Mistress Morigianna
11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
must we save everything? now we will be selling hair, birth cords, placenta bears and toenails on ebay.....

LissaRoisin
11-10-2009, 09:34 PM
eeewwwww

Bronya
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
...alrighty then.

WenchLadyKate
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I'll be taking a seat on the "ICK" bandwagon now.

Cruisewench
11-11-2009, 09:03 PM
must we save everything? now we will be selling hair, etc, on ebay.....
we already do
http://tinyurl.com/ye9e6jl

as for the placenta bear, i'd seen it before on Craftastrophe, and until I knew what it was I thought it was cute, in a freakish way. Once I knew what it was, It was definately not something I wanted to display on my mantle, but to each their own.

okay I have to admit I've done this once or twice to very special magical plants and I know a couple of ladies who have ceremonially eaten their placentas - ceremonial only because they don't "need" to like some cultures for the nutrition
I know some plants need the iron, so this makes sense, and I know some women who swear by this for post partum depression too

daBaroness
11-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Yanno - you can water your plants with cold (plain black) coffee and they'll grow like crazy, too. Just sayin'.

Phoenix McHeit
11-12-2009, 10:10 AM
When I rinse out my coffeepot, that's the water I use for my plants. Just enough tannins from the coffee to perk 'em right up!

Ravin' Raven
11-12-2009, 10:52 AM
When I rinse out my coffeepot, that's the water I use for my plants. Just enough tannins from the coffee to perk 'em right up!

Now you KNOW my sense of humor.....

I will never again be able to attend to girlie needs without hearing the phrase "I need to rinse out my coffee pot!!" ::whistle::

Phoenix McHeit
11-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Ye Gawds, Woman... How I miss you.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Betty Munro
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Waste not want not.
I'm torn between the gut reaction that it is gross, and considering that all leather products are gross in raw form.
To each his own.

Ravin' Raven
11-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Ye Gawds, Woman... How I miss you.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Damn you woman!!! You got me started and now IT started!!! I was walking down the hall at work giggling over the fact that I had to go rinse my coffee pot!!!

(and I swear I am not making that up!!!!!)

Lady Hefron
11-12-2009, 07:14 PM
...I'm gonna vomit. EWWWWWWWW :blech:

daBaroness
11-13-2009, 12:56 AM
When I was a teen-ager in the early 70s - there was a movement where *some* women/couples ate the placenta believing it was full of good nutrients. Blech!

I've personally always liked the snarky quip, "You're so ugly the doctor threw away the baby and kept the afterbirth."

<sneaking away back to my corner>