PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Cheaters and Nobody Knows Hos

daBaroness
12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't know exactly why I feel so compelled to put this in writing. It's not my business and it truly doesn't affect me, but somehow it's under my skin. So I guess this is a vent in the form of an open letter to every male celebrity (we'll deal with the female buttchunks later) who is, has, might or ever thought about cheating on his spouse.

Is there not a male celebrity out there who's faithful to their spouse and family anymore? Why the hell go through the motions of getting married and having children and putting them through untold humiliation and embarrassment by cavorting with every cocktail waitress, marketing exec, nanny, plastic surgeon's daughter and former beauty queen you can get your hands on? Didn't you get enough of that before you married?

It's got to be difficult finding a woman who's willing to take a supporting role to your celebrity and who might actually love you for you. So why when you find that special person - do you drag them through the mud just so you can drag your dick through some skanky pussy?

I really don't expect or want an answer. To me - yours are indefensible actions that could only be made worse by your pathetic excuses. If your marriage is rocky - then get some professional help and work on it ... really. You ... work on it, cuz buster, ya ain't all that in spite of your fame and celebrity. I'll bet your shit stinks just as much as the next guy's. If you chose poorly and you've found yourself married to a gold-digging bitch - get a divorce. Next time choose more than a DD cup helping of silicone and remember that prenup.

Maybe you've figured out marriage isn't a good fit for a hot number like you. Be righteous. Stand up and be a man and do the right thing by your soon-to-be-ex. Be generous in your divorce settlement and if you have children - remember, divorcing their mother doesn't give you a get-out-of-fatherhood free card. Be the best father you can be to your children in all ways. Financially, spiritually, emotionally. Set a good example for them and for heaven's sake - make sure they know they're loved. Respect their mother and don't make them choose sides.

And if you "suddenly" decide you're really gay - don't make your wife and children suffer because of your cowardice. Don't come out in a public airport restroom or get caught "giving a ride" to some poor transvestite whore you "felt sorry for." If you're a Televangelist and God just can't cure you of the insatiable desire to dress in your mistress's lingerie while licking the jam out from between your golf partner's toes - don't cry about it on TV and ask your followers to forgive you by sending in a check. Resign your position, bear some decent amount of shame and repentence and disappear from public view.

And to the "other women" - the cocktail waitresses, marketing execs, nannies, plastic surgeon's daughters, former beauty queens and seemingly endless lines of women who these douchebags cheat with ... from me to you - you're pathetic. Whatever your motive for screwin' around with a married man - it's just pathetic. You've nothing to gain by being a closeted sperm recepticle. Don't believe me? Ask Monica Lewinsky ... I believe she's still in hiding and still single.

Come to think of it - since something like 1 in 4.6 married men with be unfaithful - maybe this rant goes out to all of those who've cheated, are cheating, might cheat or will cheat.

Lady Sarah
12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Is there not a male celebrity out there who's faithful to their spouse and family anymore?

Tom Hanks.
Gary Sinise.
Kevin Bacon.
Jason Isaacs.

I'm sure there are more, but those spring immediately to mind.

I know you didn't really ask for an answer to that question, or even expect one... but, call me optimistic. *shrug*

Bean
12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
da B.... you need to write a column or blog or something. You just crack me up!

Kathryn Blakeley
12-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Tom Hanks.
Gary Sinise.
Kevin Bacon.
Jason Isaacs.

I know you didn't really ask for an answer to that question, or even expect one... but, call me optimistic. *shrug*

Antonio Banderas is still married to Melanie Griffith!

daBaroness
12-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Tom Hanks.
Gary Sinise.
Kevin Bacon.
Jason Isaacs.

Ron Howard, Paul Newman and other good guys do come to my mind. I just have gotten so tired of hearing about all these buttmunches. Thanks for reminding there are good guys around.

Ysobelle
12-03-2009, 02:58 AM
One point I wanna throw in about Monica:

"In December 2006, Lewinsky graduated with a master's degree in social psychology from the London School of Economics[30] where she had been studying since September 2005.[31] Her thesis was titled 'In Search of the Impartial Juror: An Exploration of the Third-person effect and Pre-Trial Publicity'. "
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Lewinsky)

Her personal life hasn't been great, apparently, but having a husband isn't the holy grail. There's no great shame in being single. She's moved on and done something with her life, and that's what's important.

Selena
12-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Kurt Russell.
Will Smith.
Matthew Broderick.

They are out there daB -- it's just don't get the spotlight for being great husbands/SOs.

daBaroness
12-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Her personal life hasn't been great, apparently, but having a husband isn't the holy grail. There's no great shame in being single. She's moved on and done something with her life, and that's what's important.

I know there's no shame in being single - I'm a perfect example of happy and single.

That said, there is a certain ugly stigma that will follow her the rest of her life for an error in judgement made at a very young age. The sad thing is that we women often make that same mistake no matter what our age - and it generally ends up the same. As someone who has, herself made that error (albeit with a less-than-celebrity jerkwad), I know from personal experience how heartbreaking and damaging it can be to everyone involved - all because someone can't or won't commit to their partner.

It often seems to me even if the cheater is exposed, the one who bears the most burden is the spouse. They have to suffer not only their own heartbreak, but scrutiny and judgement from others outside who wonder what s/he did or didn't do that caused the cheater to cheat. This goes for celebrities and regular people alike. But I wonder how celebrity spouses bear it - when something as painful and messed up as infidelity occurs in front of potentially millions of strangers.

Like everything else in my "if I ruled the world" POV, I just wish people would stand up and be self-responsible more often and probably more importantly - I wish the media didn't pander to the basest among us to the point that the marital infidelity of a celebrity became the biggest news item of the day.

Lady Sarah
12-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Ron Howard, Paul Newman and other good guys do come to my mind. I just have gotten so tired of hearing about all these buttmunches. Thanks for reminding there are good guys around.

It's the squeaky wheel phenomenon. All you hear about are the ones who cheat or have other indiscretions - you rarely hear about the long term marriages because they don't sell.

BronxGirl
12-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Kurt Russell.
Will Smith.
Matthew Broderick.

They are out there daB -- it's just don't get the spotlight for being great husbands/SOs.

A point about the integrity of Kurt Russell - he and Goldie Hawn aren't married. They have been together since 1984.

Bean
12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Mark Harmon and Pam Dawber have been married for years.... however, I do believe that there was a whisper of infidelity with Matthew Broderick a year or so ago.

Taffy Saltwater
12-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Add to the good guys list: Charlie Watts, Rolling Stones drummer, married Shirley in 1964. He is well known for turning down the groupies' "favors". This is a r&r marriage going on 50 years.

daBaroness
12-03-2009, 03:24 PM
A point about the integrity of Kurt Russell - he and Goldie Hawn aren't married. They have been together since 1984.

Kurt and Goldie appeared on Oprah a number of years ago and Kurt said something like, "for me, not being married is the real test - it's like we both get to choose each day to be with that person. And somehow I think it's kinda sexy to say I have a girlfriend rather than a wife." I had to laugh, but can't really argue with his logic or the success of their relationship.

daBaroness
12-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Mark Harmon and Pam Dawber have been married for years.... however, I do believe that there was a whisper of infidelity with Matthew Broderick a year or so ago.

You mean Mark Harmon and Matthew Broderick are secretly gay lovers?! LOL

BronxGirl
12-03-2009, 03:35 PM
You mean Mark Harmon and Matthew Broderick are secretly gay lovers?! LOL

HAWT!

Katie O'Connell
12-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Let me add Dan Ackroyd and Donna Dixon to this list as well as (I believe him) Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed.

:aok:

Ravin' Raven
12-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Hugh Jackman...

as for the others.....been there...done that to....that's all I gotta say - I'm a bit jaded myself.

Ysobelle
12-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Gene Simmons? I thought he was still quite the bad boy?

Kathryn Blakeley
12-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I believe Ewan McGregor is also on the list!

Lady Sarah
12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Gene Simmons? I thought he was still quite the bad boy?

He is. AND, he's not married to his SO. For the life of me, I can't remember her name. I DO remember that she's pushed for it and he's said that he doesn't need a "marriage" and it won't change things.

It might surprise you to know that he doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he does swear once in a while, and he's never used drugs. He didn't while in the band, KISS never did any of the three and he doesn't tolerate it from his employees. The man is a business GENIUS! You want proof, go watch old epis of Gene Simmon's Family Jewels.

Fuckin' Brilliant Genius. Eccentric, but brilliant.

Ysobelle
12-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I kinda wrote him off after his snot on NPR. Not that I was ever a big Kiss fan.

daBaroness
12-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Gene Simmons is just a nice Jewish boy who wears make-up to perform and doesn't do anything for free. He is a business genius. And on Family Jewels he took a lie detector test for a radio show and it turns out he hasn't cheated on Shannon Tweed. He loves her, and their kids. He takes good care of all of them and his mother. He's a freak .... 'in genius and all-around good guy. Who knew?!

Thistle
12-04-2009, 12:15 AM
re: Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn- the same could be said for Alan Rickman and his long-time girlfriend (whose name escapes me); they have been exclusive for 40 years! And aren't Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins still together, and unmarried, after 20 years? Loyalty does not have to include marriage-look at Siegfried and Roy

SilverMirth
12-04-2009, 09:21 AM
-look at Siegfried and Roy
do I have to? they kinda scare me.

Katie O'Connell
12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
re: Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn- the same could be said for Alan Rickman and his long-time girlfriend (whose name escapes me); they have been exclusive for 40 years! And aren't Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins still together, and unmarried, after 20 years? Loyalty does not have to include marriage-look at Siegfried and Roy

Well, now you mention it, hasn't Elton John been with the same partner for years and years now? I don't remember hearing anything about him being a cheating louse in the gossip rags.

Psyche
12-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Will Smith is known to have gotten some on the side - it is a not-so-secret that he and Jada have an agreement.

Ravin' Raven
12-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Will Smith is known to have gotten some on the side - it is a not-so-secret that he and Jada have an agreement.

Honestly, if that were the case, then I have no problem with people having open relationships as long as both parties realize they are in an open relationship. Too often, only one of the parties is aware of this "arrangement".

Selena
12-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Tom.Hanks. ;-)