PDA

View Full Version : Actual Employment listing

RaevynCait
12-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Ok, so this might probably better be in We've Got Issues, but I found it relatively amusing.
In searching one of the major job boards this morning, I came across this post:

Description We are currently recruiting for a personable receptionist to join one of our downtown clients. Position involves greeting members, signing in guests, answering the phones, and providing superior customer service.
Requirements
Signing in guests
Answering phone
Greeting members
Directing incoming visitors where to go
Acceptional customer service skills are a MUST

All positions are based upon skills, availability, attendance, behavior, work history and references. Candidates must pass a background check, a drug screen and provide valid proof of USA residency.

I will not be applying for this one, as I'm certain that I have EXCEPTIONAL customer service skills, I've no idea what Acceptional ones are, and I do my best to only apply for positions that I believe myself to be fully qualified to fill... *rotfl*

LadyLaura
12-28-2009, 01:05 PM
*rotfl*Perhaps "Acceptional" customer service skills have to do with "directing incoming visitors where to go"... I can think of a few good destinations... ::devilmaycry::

Bronya
12-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Sad, just sad.:roll:

Drea Beth
12-28-2009, 02:09 PM
I couldn't get past "greeting members"! ::whistle::

wendyzski
12-28-2009, 02:37 PM
I've responded to ads for "Admirnistative Assistant" before - and mentioned my proofreading skills...

Selena
12-28-2009, 05:53 PM
I've responded to ads for "Admirnistative Assistant" before - and mentioned my proofreading skills...

:snort:
Hell, at least they don't have "manger skills" or "pubic speaking skills" required listed! :snicker:

MaidenFaeSnow
12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Hell, at least they don't have "manger skills" or "pubic speaking skills" required listed! :snicker:
*rotfl**rotfl*

Lady Hefron
12-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh my. While I have some problems with my grammar (usually when typing at night) this is a professional ad.

What members are we greeting?

Isabelle Fawkes
12-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh my. While I have some problems with my grammar (usually when typing at night) this is a professional ad.

What members are we greeting?

If you have to ask.....

you probably won't qualify!

giggle giggle snort giggle

surlywench
12-29-2009, 01:31 AM

niiiiiiiiice.

tho...

i mean, i played Mary at my Church's "Living Nativity" one year....does that mean I have "manger skills"?

daBaroness
12-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Apparently proofreading and grammatical skills are NOT part of the job requirement.

Still think the best resume/presentation I've ever seen was from a college senior looking for his first job who, bless his heart, used a senior presentation to try to sell himself as a up-and-coming public relations practitioner.

Cover: Picture of the candidate in his best (or perhaps only) business suit, with a familiar Kansas City landmark in the background; gray/black skies and a bolt of lightening looking as though it's striking right behind him. Caption:

"John Doe ... Taking Kansas City Pubic Relations By Storm"

Our college liaison called him to suggest it would be his first lesson in the business - always, ALWAYS have someone proofread your copy. He'd sent it to all the top agencies in town. Doh!

Ariel
01-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe "acceptional" skills mean you're very accepting of other people's bad grammar and spelling habits? :lol:

Azura
01-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Does "acceptional customer service skills" include handshakes? Cause mine are really rather weak...

My Dad works at one of the local foundries. It used to be a common sport amongst the guys in the millroom to read the newest applications. They'd find some real gems sometimes.