PDA

View Full Version : Jumpin' Jiminy Crickets! Really? REALLY?!

Buxom Wench
01-11-2010, 06:59 PM
The last thing I need to hear is her voice on a regular basis.
I have no political party affiliations so this isn't a Rep/Dem thing.
I just can't stand the thought of this woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah Palin signs on as a commentator with Fox News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8453223.stm)

Former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin has signed to be a contributor on the Fox News Channel, her lawyer has said.

Mrs Palin, who ran for the post of vice-president during the 2008 election on a Republican ticket, stepped down as Alaska governor in July 2009.

Fox News said that while Mrs Palin would not have her own programme, she would appear on the channel regularly as part of a multi-year deal.

Financial details of the deal have not been released.

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News," Mrs Palin said in a statement on the network's website.

"It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news."

Fox's executive vice-president for programming, Bill Shine, said Mrs Palin had "captivated everyone on both sides of the political spectrum".

"We are excited to add her dynamic voice to the Fox News line-up," he added.

Mrs Palin was catapulted to fame when Republican presidential candidate John McCain surprisingly chose her as his running mate for the 2008 election.

News of her resignation as governor 17 months before her term in office was up had prompted speculation that she was planning to pursue a career in television.

The Washington Post reports that as well as appearing as a commentator on a variety of shows on the channel, she would occasionally host a programme featuring "inspirational tales involving ordinary Americans".

Correspondents say hiring Sarah Palin is likely to further increase the network's ratings with conservative viewers.

Facebook page

A number of Republican commentators already work for the network, among them George W Bush's former aide Karl Rove, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, and John McCain's rival for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination, Mike Huckabee.

Until now, Mrs Palin has mainly used her page on the social networking site Facebook to update her more than one million followers.

Regular appearances on a major network could further increase her support among conservatives.

Her appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show in November 2009, during which she said a run for the White House in 2012 was "not on my radar screen right now", boosted the programme's ailing ratings.

It is not the first time Mrs Palin will be signing on with a TV station. In the 1980s she worked part-time as a sports presenter for the KTUU station in Anchorage, Alaska.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/americas/8453223.stm

Published: 2010/01/11 22:34:20 GMT

© BBC MMX

Print Sponsor

Bronya
01-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Oh no...I hate Fox news so I would never watch it but for sure now there is no chance in hell.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Now that she's part of the media, I wonder if she'll follow her own advice to the media, you know: "how about... ya quit making things up?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20R0Q99MRxc)

Annean
01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
We all knew it would happen. She is just too controversial. I personally will not be watching. I have better things to waist my time on.

EvilKittie
01-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Listening to her talk gives me a headache ><

Annean
01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Listening to her talk gives me a headache ><

Yup, kinda make you wanna bang ur head against a brick wall, lol. :augh:

Bean
01-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't think I have ever heard her utter a complete and coherent sentence.... Fox is going to become an even bigger laughing stock which is unfortunate since I do like a couple of their commentators.

Selena
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM
You guys really wanna get me started on Sarah Palin?
Really?

I've been saying for over a year now that this bitch was a liar, a fraud and a grifter. And I've been waiting for the day when her lies would fold upon her, just as her (ahem) "god's will" commands it. I knew this was going to happen eventually.

Last night's 60 minutes (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/07/60minutes/main6067628.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.0) from GOP 2008 insider confirmed my beliefs... from the get-go.

This is JUST the tip of the iceberg, folks. Any of you Palin followers out there are about to realize you've been duped. Not only of your money, but your beliefs and your values.

What is this you might say? Is the GOP finally realizing their beauty queen with the 'Bumpits' is a liability to their party? Yup. They.Want.Her.Gone. And now is the time. They gave the go-ahead to string her up, and good ole Steve-o is the pitchman to deliver the message.

Think about it.... she was the VP pick over " a google YouTube search and a night of fried burritos" because she was photogenic!!

Not only that, but TeaParty anyone (http://www.nationalteapartyconvention.com/about-sarah.aspx)? Who commands that kind of funds for this?

Watch your backs, Palin followers. Your ship has been hit by the ice and it IS sinking. Just look around you.

Yes, this IS a "left" blog site (http://palingates.blogspot.com/)... but just look at the evidence. There's a LOT of smoke with that fire, folks, not just about the campaign. This stuff is not new news for me, sadly. It's just now making huge national headlines.
And to be honest, no, I did not catch the "O'Biden" gaffe. Too much fast speech. My bad on that one.

I've been pretty quiet on this issue here until now... but I was just poked by a stick. Can't help myself now. Sorry ---

Taffy Saltwater
01-11-2010, 08:29 PM
About what I'd expect of Fox "news". That said, I threw up a little on reading this.

Ysobelle
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm really hoping that if nothing else, it keeps her out of politics. A TV I can turn off.

Selena
01-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm really hoping that if nothing else, it keeps her out of politics. A TV I can turn off.

Honestly, Yso, I don't think so. These people (http://www.conservatives4palin.com/) and these people (http://www.nationalteapartyconvention.com/home.aspx) -- her minions -- won't allow it. They want her IN the White House. Period.:unamused:

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I don't think I have ever heard her utter a complete and coherent sentence.... Fox is going to become an even bigger laughing stock which is unfortunate since I do like a couple of their commentators.

Who???

Ysobelle
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
You know...now that I think on't, perhaps she's more dangerous on TV. I'm sure Fox wants her to be as outrageous as she always is, so they're certainly not going to rein her in. Other than that, she has no constituency to whom she needs to be responsible. No one to vote her out. And an audience of millions.

There's no way this is gonna end well.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-11-2010, 10:34 PM
You know...now that I think on't, perhaps she's more dangerous on TV. I'm sure Fox wants her to be as outrageous as she always is, so they're certainly not going to rein her in. Other than that, she has no constituency to whom she needs to be responsible. No one to vote her out. And an audience of millions.

There's no way this is gonna end well.

It's not like Fox viewers would be any less malinformed without her on the network.

If I opened a septic tank and took a shit into it, would the difference be noticeable? No. So I don't see how adding just one more voice, even one as comically ignorant and shrill as hers, to the din at Fox is going to make more than a relatively incremental difference.

Bean
01-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Who???

Sheperd Smith is easy on the eyes......

surlywench
01-11-2010, 10:53 PM
so. here's what we do.

Celebrity Death Match: Ann Coulter v. Sarah Palin for the title of "Republican Party's Talking C#&t"

who's with me?

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM
so. here's what we do.

Celebrity Death Match: Ann Coulter v. Sarah Palin for the title of "Republican Party's Talking C#&t"

I'm pretty sure that title is already locked up by Glenn Beck.

Thistle
01-12-2010, 02:31 AM

THIS!

I luv you. really, really luv you!

Azura
01-12-2010, 05:39 AM

I'm pretty sure I could marry you for this statement.

BronxGirl
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
so. here's what we do.

who's with me?

Girlcrush! ::wagtong::

Glen Beck cries too much to be in that mix, sorry.

Bronya
01-12-2010, 05:31 PM
The ONLY thing good that might come out of this is that Tina Fey will have way more material for Saturday Night Live! :cheer:

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
The ONLY thing good that might come out of this is that Tina Fey will have way more material for Saturday Night Live! :cheer:

IIRC, back during the election Tina made a point of saying that she would be retiring the character after the election.

Betty Munro
01-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Cyranno, I think I love you.

Sarah Palin ... Just one more reason NOT to watch FOX. I used to like your guns, do us all a favor and go hunting deep deep in the woods ... and stay there.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Cyranno, I think I love you.

Awww, shucks.

Sarah Palin ... Just one more reason NOT to watch FOX. I used to like your guns, do us all a favor and go hunting...

...with Dick Cheney. *rotfl*

Ysobelle
01-13-2010, 12:46 AM
...with Dick Cheney. *rotfl*

In a helicopter. Very. High. Up.

Azura
01-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Eek! I would never go hunting with Dick Chaney. I value my face.

Phoenix McHeit
01-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Now c'mon guys... how is this series of posts any different from a certain sig line asking for Ted Kennedy to drive Hillary Clinton home?

Not nice. :shame:

Isabelle Warwicke
01-13-2010, 10:20 AM

Thank you for saying it, Phee.

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Now c'mon guys... how is this series of posts any different from a certain sig line asking for Ted Kennedy to drive Hillary Clinton home?

I never saw that sig, but it sounds pretty funny.

I don't think anyone's pretending to be otherwise.

As long as we're being clever and funny about it, I think it's okay.

If someone just posted something gratuitous like "Fuck that miserable bitch Sarah Palin. She should die in a grease fire with a flagpole rammed up her lying ass", then I would agree with you that it would be mildly inappropriate.

Selena
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Andrew Sullivan's assessment (http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/01/how-palin-responds-to-factual-criticism.html) I believe is spot on. This man, like him or not, is no dummy. And he's old-school conservative. Bolding mine.

She doesn't (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/75601-palin-blasts-critics-in-fox-debut-a-bunch-of-bs). She can't actually disprove or rebut any of the mounds of evidence that she is and was the most ignorant and unqualified person ever put on a national ticket. All she does is deny, deny, deny:

“I had been warned not to watch it,” said Ms. Palin of the “60 Minutes” segment in question. That segment dealt with a new book on the campaign that alleges, among other things, that Palin did not know why North and South Korea are two different countries.
“That is a lie,” said Palin.
Host Bill O’Reilly of “The O’Reilly Factor” said that Palin couldn’t have bested Vice President Biden in a debate if she were really that dumb, and offered her his show as a base for future anti-“60 Minutes” offensives. “You now have a forum here at Fox News where you can immediately neutralize ’60 Minutes’,” Mr. O’Reilly said.
O'Reilly effectively backs Palin's claim on the basis that her crammed, force-fed burbling of talking points in the Biden debate somehow refutes the idea that she hasn't the slightest clue what goes on in the world or the slightest knowledge of history outside of sports. And he is essentially pledging that News Corporation will advance her lies and spin, as it did by publishing her book, and protect her from any real scrutiny that a political candidate deserves.
Since Fox is a propaganda operation and not a journalistic enterprise (Shep Smith excluded), they don't push back. What FNC is giving her is a platform to lie unchecked by any journalistic ethics.
I do not believe that this means she is out of politics. Au contraire. FNC and the RNC are effectively the same operation (and Harper Collins, which published her fiction as non-fiction with no fact-checking or editing is also part of NewsCorp). Her new job is running for office via the chief propaganda network for the red states. The strategy is obviously to focus entirely on the base, demonizing the president and anything he does, exploit economic malaise, and then get back to power on a wave of frightened white ressentiment with Palin as the hood ornament one more time.
I fear her.

The indifference to reality, the cult-like connection with the gun-clingers, the charisma, the cunning, the fraud: this is like a second Bush utterly unleashed from any connection to the GOP's more civil and expansive past, holding a view of presidential power that establishes a national security protectorate for the indefinite future, and total unseriousness with respect to the debt and defusing Islamist terror - rather than provoking it even further.
At least this time, we will have more than eight weeks to vet her. But when a politician believes she does not need to respond to the press, when in fact she now uses the fiction that she too is the press and should be asking questions of others, when the platform she has been given provides her with total immunity from direct criticism along with a megaphone for lies, we are in trouble as a democracy.
She is a symptom of a broken political and journalistic system. She is not a tabloid story. She is a threat.

Phoenix McHeit
01-13-2010, 01:04 PM
As long as we're being clever and funny about it, I think it's okay.

Well of course - as long as it's funny, it's totally appropriate!!! :unamused:

Let me know when you decide to start being funny, ok?

Cyranno DeBoberac
01-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Let me know when you decide to start being funny, ok?

Oh snap! :-D

Phoenix McHeit
01-13-2010, 01:16 PM
:smooch:

Selena
01-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Rachel Maddow's assessment (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#34833631). I love her wit and her balls-to-the-walls directness. The campaign slogan should have been named "cuntry first" instead, cos that what it certainly appears to be, eh?

surlywench
01-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Rachel Maddow's assessment (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#34833631). I love her wit and her balls-to-the-walls directness. ...

The more I think about it, the more I love her. Also, I really like to think that McCain chose her specifically to shoot his party in the foot....maybe smidge?

Gemdrite
01-13-2010, 08:46 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Phoenix McHeit again.

I really hate getting this message.

daBaroness
01-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Oh those crazy kids doing programming at FOX. What WILL they come up with next?

Selena
01-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Oh those crazy kids doing programming at FOX. What WILL they come up with next?

Actually, it's become quite comical. Stupid Palin is imploding with her ignorance and paranoid behavior. Get a load of this... she can't even dodge Glenn Beck's criticism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11LZu6ux4W4) of her over the top paranoia!

Crazy narcissist is her own worst enemy (http://godsownparty.com/blog/2010/01/our-prayers-get-answered-too-palin-w-a-press-pass/)... and it's oddly amusing to watch miss holier-than-everyone crash and burn.

If she weren't such an unethical liar and a fraud, I might actually feel sorry for her. But no... she's brought this upon herself.

Soon... very soon you guys will find out she has been one of the biggest political hoaxes ever to be thrown into the American spotlight.