PDA

View Full Version : funny email joke (has cuss words, picks on bosses)

shadowcat546
01-28-2010, 04:17 AM
deleted. as promised. p.msg me if you want the unedited email

MoonWench
01-28-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't know if it's just me but this is not funny. I hate jokes that make light of rape. It may be about situations at work and bosses but it still uses rape as it's vehicle for humor. It adds to the rape culture we live in and that in turn promotes violence against women. And this is never okay.

Lady Hefron
01-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the Giggle.

Isabelle Warwicke
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM
It may be about situations at work and bosses but it still uses rape as it's vehicle for humor. It adds to the rape culture we live in and that in turn promotes violence against women.

Thanks for saying that so simply and eloquently. I concur. I didn't read the joke past the first line.

Phoenix McHeit
01-28-2010, 01:31 PM
I found it wryly humorous. Don't we all feel (negatively) shafted by our bosses, once in awhile?

*shrug* Different funnybones. :wink:

WenchLadyKate
01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
lol, I'm totally sending this to my mom who has mentioned that she feel that she is being emotionally raped at work.

And you know, some of us find humor in different things. Not like it's making fun of actually being raped. Seriously, let us all have our funnies without trying to make us feel bad about it.

shadowcat546
01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes, folks, I don't find the ref. to rape or aids funny. Guess I'll yank it. The overall gist of sometimes being employed by a company that "grinds your self into the ground", is still sometimes true.
Everyone is entitled to his/ her own opinion

Ravin' Raven
01-28-2010, 04:45 PM
:thinking:

Maybe I am being really dense today or just my normal blind self. Where was the reference to rape?

I saw screwed a lot. But screw and rape are not the same thing. I screw my husband regularly though I have never raped him.

LdyJhawk
01-28-2010, 04:57 PM
:thinking:

Maybe I am being really dense today or just my normal blind self. Where was the reference to rape?

I saw screwed a lot. But screw and rape are not the same thing. I screw my husband regularly though I have never raped him.

I believe Shadow went ahead and edited out the word rape from the joke :)

Jayde
01-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I screw my husband regularly though I have never raped him.

umm....'cause ya can't rape the willing?? ::whistle:::-D

::runfore:::runfore:

shadowcat546
01-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Shannon here (Shadowcat). Yes, I _____ blanked out the word rape. I will leave the joke up for like, maybe a day or two ...probably will then delete it. So for those of you wanting to copy it, do so soon. I don't want to be imagined as a awful person. THough may already think so. Ah well. I'll just share the funnier jokes /sayings .

Jayde
01-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Shannon here (Shadowcat). Yes, I _____ blanked out the word rape. I will leave the joke up for like, maybe a day or two ...probably will then delete it. So for those of you wanting to copy it, do so soon. I don't want to be imagined as a awful person. THough may already think so. Ah well. I'll just share the funnier jokes /sayings .

hun, that's what makes us...well...us. I kinda doubt many (if anyone at all) thinks awful of you as a person for posting it. Just 'cause someone said she didn't find it funny, doesn't mean she thinks you're an awful person :-)

BronxGirl
01-28-2010, 06:00 PM
umm....'cause ya can't rape the willing?? ::whistle:::-D

::runfore:::runfore:

You beat me to it! *rotfl*

Mistress Morigianna
01-28-2010, 07:50 PM
atually you CAN rape the willing if they are drunk or underage

Ravin' Raven
01-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Ah see I was being dense. I was wondering what the heck the dashes were.

And Jayde and Bronxie...just because you know me....::whistle::

Thanks for the clarification. And Shannon. No I don't think badly of you at all. We all have things that we find humorous that others might not (trust me, my sense of humor has been misunderstood on more than one occasion) and we all probably have things that offend us that might not offend others.

Selena
01-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Ah see I was being dense. I was wondering what the heck the dashes were.

You're not the only one. I read it 3 times and figured, whatever - perhaps I wasn't getting it either.
:shrug:

Betty Munro
01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
I was not offended. I didn't think it was funny, simply because it is just too true.
If employers claim it is hard to find good help ... then employees must equally claim it is hard to find fair employers. My experience is that they are far and few in between and we all for the most part forced to stay in terrible jobs because of mortgages/rent, living expenses ... at least until another job can be found ... which is just as likely to replace one crappy boss for another ...
Oh my gosh, it's almost like dating ...
Anyway ... I just wanted to put in my 2 cents that although I didn't find it ha ha funny - I did not find it offensive, and I passed it on to some friends who have been ... uh ... shafted.