PDA

View Full Version : Britain's Got Talent pulls out another shocker

Buxom Wench
02-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Check this one (http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=13658) out!

Tink
02-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Well it will be interesting to see where he can go with that talent....

Cyranno DeBoberac
02-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Britain's Got Talent pulls out another shocker

I thought the shocker get's pushed in, not pulled out.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2816/shocker2.jpg

Alchemist23
02-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Yay! I loves me some countertenor voice, and he has a very nice one! Good for him!

Cyranno DeBoberac
02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

How tight must his pants have been!?

Kae
02-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I loved it! It will be interesting to see where he goes with it.
Kae

LdyJhawk
02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Much like Miss Susan before him..a little rough but holy hell!

WenchLadyKate
02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
I thought it was alright. Definately not good. Not bad either. Strange, for sure, but he wasn't all that great. Just, surprising. I waited to hear what simon had to say, and he made no judgement, or decision. I guess that's what I would have done too. Meh, I'd have probably said no. lol

Annabella St. Clair
02-07-2010, 10:15 PM
He reminds me of the Castrati of the Italian operas

Why Castrati Made Better Lovers
When women were banned from the stage, these guys were the true divas of opera.
By Tony Perrottet

“Long live the knife, the blessed knife!” screamed ecstatic female fans at opera houses as the craze for Italian castrati reached its peak in the 18th century — a cry that was supposedly echoed in the bedrooms of Europe’s most fashionable women.

The brainwave to create castrati had first occurred two centuries earlier in Rome, where the pope had banned women singing in churches or on the stage. Their voices became revered for the unnatural combination of pitch and power, with the high notes of a pre-pubescent boy wafting from the lungs of an adult; the result, contemporaries said, was magical, ethereal and strangely disembodied. But it was the sudden popularity of Italian opera throughout 1600s Europe that created the international surge in demand. Italian boys with promising voices would be taken to a back-street barber-surgeon, drugged with opium, and placed in a hot bath. The expert would snip the ducts leading to the testicles, which would wither over time. By the early 1700s, it is estimated that around 4,000 boys a year were getting the operation; the Santa Maria Nova hospital in Florence, for example, ran a production line under one Antonio Santarelli, gelding eight boys at once.

Only a lucky few hit the big time. But these top castrati had careers like modern rock stars, touring the opera houses of Europe from Madrid to Moscow and commanding fabulous fees. They were true divas, famous for their tantrums, their insufferable vanity, their emotional obsessions, their extravagant excesses, their bitchy in-feuding — and, surprisingly, their sexual prowess. Hysterical female admirers deluged them with love letters and fainted in the audience clutching wax figurines of their favorite performers.

This may seem to anticipate the safe, sexless allure of 1950s teen idols like Frankie Avalon. But congress with castrati was not at all physically impossible. The effects of castration on physical development were notoriously erratic, as the Ottoman eunuchs in the Seraglio of Constantinople knew. Much depended on the timing of the operation: Boys pruned before the age of ten or so very often grew up with feminine features, smooth, hairless bodies, incipient breasts, “infantile penis” and a complete lack of sex drive. (The only castrato ever to write an autobiography, Filippo Balatri, joked that he had never married because his wife, “after loving me for a little would have started screaming at me”). But those castrated after age ten, as puberty encroached, could continue to develop physically and often sustain erections. While most Italian boys went under the knife at age eight, the operation was performed as late as age twelve.

Lady Marta
02-07-2010, 11:30 PM
simon was right:

it was like a dog meowing.....

holy cow, how awesome was that.

Bean
02-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Yep, like a dog meowing, it shouldn't happen, but boy oh boy does it work. He has that bad boy thing working for him, too.

Lady Hefron
02-08-2010, 10:27 AM
What an extraordinary voice. It will be interesting to watch his progress.

Molly The Pirate
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
oh that was nice :) :) :) :) i don't think i could date that.. lol... he can sing as good as i can!!! that would be a constant competition lol..

Bronya
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
He kind of had the Adam Lambert look to me. Great voice.