PDA

View Full Version : IOC wont allow women's ski-jumping.

surlywench
02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
why? well...

they just dont think it's healthy "from a medical standpoint"

or

the women lack the necessary technical skills.

Video:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35320777#35320777

put on your waders. theres an enormous amount of bullshit in that video.

Lady Sarah
02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Wait... wait.

Women's Ski Jumping has been allowed in the past, right? or am I totally off my rocker here?

We're talking the big honkin' slope, no poles and flying through the air leaning forward over the skis, right?

No, I KNOW I've seen women's ski jumping before in the Olympics...

surlywench
02-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Wait... wait.

Women's Ski Jumping has been allowed in the past, right? or am I totally off my rocker here?

We're talking the big honkin' slope, no poles and flying through the air leaning forward over the skis, right?

No, I KNOW I've seen women's ski jumping before in the Olympics...

nope. Unless it was some kind of exhibition or other special event, everything I can find says that the women's version of the sport has never been seen in the Olympics. World Cups? yes. National Cups? yes. Other "winter games"? yes.

but never the Olympics.

Lady Hefron
02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
This is ridiculous. She breaks the record for the hill but is deemed "technically not ready"! This needs to be reported on every major news show that features stories about the Olympics.

I'm so furious about this.

edited to say: I just sent this video to ABC Good Morning America and Diane Sawyer. It probably won't make any difference but I have to try.

Isabelle Warwicke
02-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Even if they did allow it, she might not get to participate. She hurt her shin badly this week and is having all kinds of difficulty recovering.

Bean
02-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Even if they did allow it, she might not get to participate. She hurt her shin badly this week and is having all kinds of difficulty recovering.

That's Lindsey VONN who does downhill, this ski jumper is Lindsey VAN.

Isabelle Warwicke
02-11-2010, 12:09 PM
That's Lindsey VONN who does downhill, this ski jumper is Lindsey VAN.

Oh fer... *headdesk*

Bean
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I loved the quote in the video by the woman who is spearheading the effort to get women's jumping in the Olympics. "What? Is our uterus going to fall out?" In reaction to the guy saying it was medically unsafe for women to ski jump.

Wonder what he has to say about all the women gymnasts....

surlywench
02-11-2010, 01:46 PM
I loved the quote in the video by the woman who is spearheading the effort to get women's jumping in the Olympics. "What? Is our uterus going to fall out?" In reaction to the guy saying it was medically unsafe for women to ski jump.

Wonder what he has to say about all the women gymnasts....

Or 3 day eventing, or boxing, or martial arts, or marathons....all of which are "high impact"...weight lifting, etc....

what a crock of shit.

anyone else LOL @ the guy named "Dick Pound" being the spokesperson on this? What a goddamn wanker.

Annean
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Time for an Olympic Boycott!!

Bean
02-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Not the Olympics themselves because there are thousands of athlete who have spent their lives training for this moment. We need to voice our disgust with the IOC, the governing body of the Olympics.

Lady Hefron
02-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Or 3 day eventing, or boxing, or martial arts, or marathons....all of which are "high impact"...weight lifting, etc....

what a crock of shit.

anyone else LOL @ the guy named "Dick Pound" being the spokesperson on this? What a goddamn wanker.

...or snowboarding?

daBaroness
02-12-2010, 08:02 PM
...or snowboarding?

or giving BIRTH! Let's see some of these babied male athletes get their hard bodies back into peak competition form a few months after giving birth.

Geeze, I love it when men "look out" for we frail things.

Poop on 'em!