PDA

View Full Version : Good tidings Wenches!

Stolenhalo6
02-27-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm new to the forum and will be joining the Guild soon! I'd love to meet any wenches in the MN Twin Cities area and I'm looking for advice on garb. Specifically a bodice for my curvy figure - size 26/28.

So excited to be here and get to know all of you awesome ladies!

Margaret
02-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Well hi there and howdy! Welcome to the clan! :aok:

devlyn
02-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome!

I'm gonna toot my own horn and say you should check out my stuff at www.oddbodkin.com

I specialize in bodices and design for all figures, shapes and sizes.

The ladies in this guild are amazing. :)

Gellis Indigo
02-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Welcome!

I'm gonna toot my own horn and say you should check out my stuff at www.oddbodkin.com (http://www.oddbodkin.com)

I specialize in bodices and design for all figures, shapes and sizes.

The ladies in this guild are amazing. :)

And I'm gonna toot her horn a bit more and say get thee to this thread (http://www.wench.org/forums/showthread.php?p=388777#post388777) for a chance to win enough money to outfit yourself in one of Dev's fabulous creations.

Stolenhalo6
03-11-2010, 02:37 AM
I have a question. I'd like to officially join the Guild but I'm not sure what to put for the "years at faire". I've been going to the festival since I was a little kid but I can probably only start calling myself a wench when I was about 15. And I've never actually gone in garb but the garb doesn't make the wench...So what are the standards here? I can just put tart because it really isn't a huge deal to me but I'm just curious.

Ysobelle
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I have a question. I'd like to officially join the Guild but I'm not sure what to put for the "years at faire". I've been going to the festival since I was a little kid but I can probably only start calling myself a wench when I was about 15. And I've never actually gone in garb but the garb doesn't make the wench...So what are the standards here? I can just put tart because it really isn't a huge deal to me but I'm just curious.

Well...that depends. We all start somewhere, but I think you're onto something when you say you could have started calling yourself a Wench at 15. Some women date their Wenchiness from the first time they put on a bodice. Some from their first trip to Faire. And some from birth.

Most of us go from the time we first started regularly attending Faire, but in the end, it doesn't matter. You're here now, and we're glad to have you. Welcome!

Kathryn Blakeley
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the fun!! :hi:

KissMeKate
03-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome aboard!

I agree with Yso about when to start counting your years at Faire. It's really up to you.

There are quite a few wenches up in MN and lots at the Faire although there still isn't an "official" presence (if I remember correctly). But there's still plenty of fun to be had!

Good luck finding a bodice! Do you have a budget you're looking at? My suggestion is to make sure you find one that is supportive without being painful or poky in the wrong places!

I don't have any of Devlyn's bodices, but there are plenty of wenches up here that love them!

Stolenhalo6
03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks ladies for your help!

Budget isn't too much of an issue and I think Devlyn's stuff looks like exactly what I want. But there are sooooo many fabrics to choose from.