PDA

View Full Version : Cruella? The Joker? Really, RNC? Klassy.

Phoenix McHeit
03-04-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35702481/ns/politics-washington_post

This would be ridiculous, if it weren't so scary. C'mon people - those who are SANE need to stand up against the crazies and STOP this nonsense.

Regardless of your political views, this is disrespect-for-the-office at best, fear-mongering at worst.

ETA: Thank you, Joe Scarborough. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/vp/35706805#35706805

Thistle
03-04-2010, 12:43 PM
you're right; the crazies are going to latch right onto this.

Isabelle Warwicke
03-04-2010, 01:20 PM
... the crazies ...

You're right. Regular members of the party are looking at it in distaste. Just like I am.

Lady Hefron
03-04-2010, 02:00 PM
You're right. Regular members of the party are looking at it in distaste. Just like I am.

Yup, this. It's just childish, I don't support that kind of crap.

Phoenix McHeit
03-04-2010, 02:24 PM

But see, that's the problem. This wasn't a fringe group. This wasn't some out-of-the-way, small-town group. This was the Republican National Convention Fundraising Chairman who organized this.

Regular member of the party? One would think. I *did* think so, until I saw this. If one of the respected leaders can do this, what kind of encouragement, what kind of message, what kind of copy-cat efforts is this going to effect? It's inflammatory.

I love you gals, but 'looking at it in distaste' ain't enough. Please pardon the gruesome reference here but, that's akin to a mom excusing animal-cruelty in her son by saying "Boys will be boys". Something needs to be done. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

Isabelle Warwicke
03-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I love you gals, but 'looking at it in distaste' ain't enough. ... Something needs to be done. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

Considering, I just emailed a note to my Congressman Paul Ryan and the Republican candidate for WI Governor with my objections to this, I feel I have done *something*. What more shall I do?

Phoenix McHeit
03-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Considering, I just emailed a note to my Congressman Paul Ryan and the Republican candidate for WI Governor with my objections to this, I feel I have done *something*. What more shall I do?

That's beautiful, thanks. If everyone who disapproves does exactly that, maybe something can be done. ::clappin:

Lady Sarah
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Pelosi as Cruella?

Madame deVil would be insulted.

Mistress Morigianna
03-04-2010, 04:33 PM
since when is scooby doo evil?

Rowen
03-04-2010, 05:54 PM
My republican congressman just got a note from me.

Cyranno DeBoberac
03-04-2010, 11:53 PM
since when is scooby doo evil?

Him and Shaggy are clearly potheads.

Isabelle Warwicke
03-05-2010, 01:59 AM
Pelosi as Cruella?

Madame deVil would be insulted.

Most of me reallyREALLY wanted to laugh about the image and forward it all over cyberspace. I have a serious dislike for Nacy Pelosi and her fucking pearl necklace. I have never liked her. I have even hated her at times. However...

It was behavior unbecoming. So I didn't.

Lady Sarah
03-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Most of me reallyREALLY wanted to laugh about the image and forward it all over cyberspace. I have a serious dislike for Nacy Pelosi and her fucking pearl necklace. I have never liked her. I have even hated her at times. However...

It was behavior unbecoming. So I didn't.

I was serious...

I detest Pelosi. I adore Cruella. She's one of my favorite Disney Villains. Madame deVil would indeed be insulted by the comparison, were she a real person.

I don't give a shit about the RNC making comparisons to villainous characters. I don't like them abusing the Cruella deVil image, however. Not too fond of them bastardizing the Joker's image as well.

Isabelle Warwicke
03-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Not too fond of them bastardizing the Joker's image as well.

The image of the President with a Glasgow smile is disturbing.

I'm more a fan of political cartoons and satire.