PDA

View Full Version : Recall: Products Containing Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein

Buxom Wench
03-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Recall: Products Containing Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/HVPCP/)

The link will take you to the recall list with all the links to each individual category and food. Below is a list of the categories.

Bouillon Products
Dip and Dip Mix Products
Dressing and Dressing Mix Products
Gravy Mix Products
Pre-Packaged Meal Products
Prepared Salad Products
Snack and Snack Mix Products
Soup Mix Products
Stuffing Products

Vixynne Rose
03-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I checked the list, and thankfully, none of the products in my pantry match the list. I'm curious about what sparked the recall, though. The site doesn't give many details. Curiouser and curiouser...

Buxom Wench
03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I checked the list, and thankfully, none of the products in my pantry match the list. I'm curious about what sparked the recall, though. The site doesn't give many details. Curiouser and curiouser...

I get the 'Hungry Girl' email and it was in the most recent one.
I'll try to C/P that part of the email.

Buxom Wench
03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Directly from the news letter...

"The Buzz...

RECALL ALERT! A flavor enhancer used in many processed foods has been recalled due to salmonella. No illnesses have been reported, but the list of products being called back is growing rapidly. Brands with select recalled items include T. Marzetti (veggie dips), Trader Joe's (dressing/dip), McCormick (dip mixes and stuffing), and Hawaiian (chips). CLICK HERE for a complete list of products, and do NOT consume them."

Vixynne Rose
03-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Directly from the news letter...

"The Buzz...

RECALL ALERT! A flavor enhancer used in many processed foods has been recalled due to salmonella. No illnesses have been reported, but the list of products being called back is growing rapidly. Brands with select recalled items include T. Marzetti (veggie dips), Trader Joe's (dressing/dip), McCormick (dip mixes and stuffing), and Hawaiian (chips). CLICK HERE for a complete list of products, and do NOT consume them."

Ewwww, salmonella---do NOT want! :blech: Thank you for posting this, Bux o'my heart!

Ravin' Raven
03-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Whenever you want to know more about these types of things you can also go straight to www.fda.gov

Major ones will be on the front page. For others, click Recalls or Enforcement Reports.

These are part of my morning reading everyday....

Buxom Wench
03-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Aside from the general list, boullion popped out at me because dear friends have a relative that loves to use it and it scared me that they could be consuming this and become ill.

shadowcat546
03-08-2010, 01:25 PM
thanks! that's good to know. I'ma pass it on to my family

Thistle
03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the list, Bux. So far don't have any of these, but the list is growing