PDA

View Full Version : Odd eBay auction

Azura
03-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I saw this and had a good chuckle, so I figured someone here might, too.

Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/Mjollnir-Thor-s-hammer-magic-religious-protection-icon_W0QQitemZ180478938732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ad ult_Unisex_Accessories?hash=item2a05620e6c)

littlekitty381
03-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Nice. Ty.

Buxom Wench
03-12-2010, 06:55 AM
*blink blink*

$60,000?!?!?!

Ummm...yeah. I'd like, oh, a dozen or so for close friends. [/sarcasm]

This guy, is off his rocker. Seriously. :unamused:

MaidenFaeSnow
03-12-2010, 07:49 AM
You shood buy this so you can where it all over the place!

Buxom Wench
03-12-2010, 07:50 AM

*snerk*

You kaut that two.

Isabelle Warwicke
03-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Because I need protection from sea serpents.

Drea Beth
03-12-2010, 12:35 PM
I think a pawn shop would be a better fit for this guy. Then again, no pawn shop is going to give him AUD 60K either!

Lady Hefron
03-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Only if he promises to go back to school and learn how to spell. While I admit my spelling isn't the best, I do use spell check.

Good luck to him. If anyone actually pays this...I want to meet them, I have a few things I'd be willing to part with.

Torra
03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
No kidding! The economic downturn must not be affecting this guy too much, if he's only willing to part with that for $60K AUD. And is anyone sort of insulted by the free shipping? Not insulted personally, I just find it such a non sequitur that it verges on some strange combination of snarky, oblivious and major cajones to charge that much for something and then try to make it all seem like a better deal because of free shipping.

Reading that...I don't even know where to begin to spell that poorly and with such bad grammar. It's too much effort. But I can say with confidence that I, not having one of these charms, have never been attacked by a sea serpent either. Maybe I'm a natural Thor's Hammer?

Mistress Morigianna
03-12-2010, 02:22 PM
look ma- I took metalshop in school!

Phoenix McHeit
03-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Check out his other auctions! His seller name should be 43AndLivesInMom'sBasement.

Alluring Alora
03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh how I wish Ebay wasn't blocked here at work. This sounds like a doozy!

Phoenix McHeit
03-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Well Alora - here's the 'text':

This auction is for my personal Thor’s hammer, it was made buy me approximately 8 year ago, it is made from solid lead free pewter, with steel loop made from a link of chain mail and leather thong necklace. Inscription on front of pendant is in Latin, engraved in runes, and reads “Vitoria aut obitus” (victory or death).
Thor’s hammers are traditional worn to give the where protection in battle, from bad weather and from the unknown, such as sea serpents. In the 8 year of constantly wearing this pendant, the closest I have come to battle is a pub fight, were I was punched in the face and suffered no damage and was able to laugh it off were as the person punching me injured there hand. Although I have been heavily rained on, I have not experienced and weather bad enough to worry me, and in the last 8 years have not once been attacked buy a sea serpent.
As this is my personal pendant, I have no whish to part with it, but due to global financial crisis have no choice but to put it up for auction. Bidders should note that this pendant is being soled with the understanding that I have the right of first refusal if they wish to subsequently resell it and that if at some point I am in a position to reacquire it any reasonable offer I make will be given due consideration
Free shipping world wide, it will be securely packed and shipped insured via airmail.

Madame Deanna
03-12-2010, 03:11 PM
That was a great chuckle. I am going to share it with my Festival Friends....
Thanks.

Bronya
03-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Check out his other auctions! His seller name should be 43AndLivesInMom'sBasement.

ewwww...that just gives me the creeps...love that seller name Phee!

in the last 8 years not been attacked...he is one lucky guy!

Lady Anne
03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
ROFLMAO!! I've seen some strange listings on e-bay, but this one takes the cake. Now the $60,000 question is...will anyone buy it?

Lis Elfwench
03-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Only if he promises to go back to school and learn how to spell. While I admit my spelling isn't the best, I do use spell check.

I'm not sure spell check would help this guy much. He mostly spells the words ok, he just uses the wrong ones (were for where, etc)!!!

KissMeKate
03-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Poor spelling, Thor's hammer, and 4 sci-fi space ships. . .

I agree with Phee! Definately still lives with his parents.

::badhair:

Gemdrite
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
If I wear it, will it protect me from the atrocious spelling?

Ravin' Raven
03-12-2010, 10:33 PM

//threadjack//

Sweetie you've changed in the last six months. The nose is a little pinker and I'm pretty sure the last time I saw you, you were a blonde!!!

end threadjack//

Azura
03-13-2010, 04:28 AM
The sea serpent thing isn't the biggest eye-roller for me. It's the fact that (a) It's made of pewter and yet somehow he's charging 60k for it, (b) he needs the money because of the "global financial crisis" (as though this money is going to be used for things other than himself?) and (c) the winner of the auction cannot sell it and if he wants it back he can buy it back if for whatever amount no questions asked.

And also: I guess I don't understand this whole sea serpent thing anyways. Jormungand does get killed by Thor in Ragnarok, but he also kills Thor. They're rivals, yes, but I wouldn't say that Jormungand is afraid of Thor. I don't recall hearing that wearing a Mjollnir pendant would give you protection from him or his offspring.

And also also: I imagine the real reason he's never been attacked by any sea serpents is probably because he never leaves his Mom's house. Except for his EPIC PUB FIGHT, of course.

daBaroness
03-15-2010, 01:01 AM
I see as of Sunday evening 11 p.m. CDT, there have been no bids. But you have to admire the balls of this guy has ... and his answer to a shopper's query:

Questions and answers about this item

Q: Nice hammer, but why is it worth $56,000?
A: Because I made it, and own it, and AUD$60,000 is the minimum price I would be happy to part with it for.

Yeah dude, good lucky with that.

Azura
03-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I think I'd be willing to part with anything (non-living) for $56k. Even if it protected me in pub brawls.

MaidenFaeSnow
03-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Only 2 hours left!!!!

This guy is just amazing:

Q: Please excuse my frankness, but how on earth is this worth $60,000? You've got to be kidding, right? Also, FYI - there are a few spelling errors throughout your description of your item.Mar-16-10

A: As I have already stated, I made it, and own it, and AUDI$60,000 is the minimum price I would be happy to part with it for. As for spelling mistakes, the big problem with them is that the person that makes them generally can not see them.

Madame Deanna
03-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I wonder what listing fee he paid for that $56,000? He paid way way more to list it than the item is physically worth. Oh, the poor man.

MaidenFaeSnow
03-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I wonder what listing fee he paid for that $56,000? He paid way way more to list it than the item is physically worth. Oh, the poor man.

His listing fee wouldn't have been much and since it isn't going to sell, he wouldn't have lost more than the listing fee. If it sold, he would have paid the percentage of his sale to ebay.

Zoie La Belle
03-26-2010, 01:21 PM
You know, perhaps it might help me! I really do get attacked by a sea serpent every day on my way home. Oh... wait. Crap... that's not me, it's Percy Jackson...::whistle::

Theophilous
04-26-2010, 10:48 PM

Good luck to him. If anyone actually pays this...I want to meet them, I have a few things I'd be willing to part with.

I think the real question is are there any parts you would be willing with?