PDA

View Full Version : A Gentleman Caller

Theophilous
03-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Greetings faire ladies,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Theophilous, a friend of many years of the wench Thistle, who is a member of your band.

At her suggestion I have entered your domain and hope to learn a thing or two while passing the time and enjoying your pleasure. I am currently a resident of Connecticut. Some people have asked me if I have lived my entire life here. As my life has not yet ended, its entirety remains to be seen.

I've been involved in living history as a hobby and a profession. I was an historical interperter at Old Sturbridge Village, and have worked at a couple of museums and universities. I currently give planetarium shows at CCSU and demonstrate the telescopes to the public, after the shows.

I am very good at telling stories, I write on ficly.com under the nom de plume of Radical Yellow Duck. I am afraid that I do have something of a height problem though. I am too tall for my hair and too short for my weight. I worked it out once. If I was the proper height for my weight, I would be nine feet, six inches tall. Oh and my hair is not falling out. It is sliding down. By the time I am 70 I should have a chest that most women would not believe.

I hope that you will welcome me with open arms to your gathering. (a hope undoubtedly shared by 97% of the male population of the nation) And I look forward to our intercourse... uh congress.... uh discussions, talking.

(Dang and I was doing so well too)

Thistle
03-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Welcome, Theopilous!

I hope the wenches treat you gently, and that the rogues treat you as a future brother. Or vice versa. Or whatever you vice is.

-Thistle

PS: Wenches: I have been telling this man he is a "scoundrel who doesn't know it" for years. Its good to see he's finally grown into the part!

littlekitty381
03-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Welcome, Theopilous!

Mary

Isabelle Fawkes
03-22-2010, 03:30 AM
Welcome to the boards! Hope your stay here is informative...if not...at least enlightening!!!

Lady Anne
03-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Welcome Theophilus! I have been here less than a year, but have learned so very much and made new friends...hope your time here is as enlightening and as much fun.::welcome:

Torra
03-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the forums! I do hope you enjoy your stay. :hi:

Margaret
03-22-2010, 09:43 AM
May I call you Theo?

Howdy and welcome and all that pleasant crap. :hi:

Isabelle Warwicke
03-22-2010, 11:38 AM
If she gets to call you Theo, so do I!

Welcome and remember to keep your hands and arms inside the car while the ride is moving.

Kathryn Blakeley
03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the fun!:hi:

Lady Hefron
03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Welcome and remember to keep your hands and arms inside the car while the ride is moving.

...but whatever you do, don't keep them to yourself.

Thistle...I don't know about treating him gently but we will give him a treat.

Hail.

Phoenix McHeit
03-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Well hellooooooooooooooooooo New Guy!

I like 'Theo', too. Much easier on the typing.

I likey how this one writes, yes I do. ::clappin:

Welcome to the Handbasket, Theo!

MaidenFaeSnow
03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Tossing my Welcome into the ring, glad to have you here! :hi:

Thistle
03-22-2010, 02:13 PM
**wonders if y'all start calling him "Theo", how long before it morphs into "Teddy"?**** LOL!

BryanPopp
03-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I really don't want to see a rogue in a teddy.

Mistress Morigianna
03-22-2010, 05:35 PM
heck tim curry pulled it off....

Anyway! Hail & welcome!

renren
03-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Welcome Theophilous, or Theo, whichever you prefer.::welcome:

Ravin' Raven
03-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Well hello newbie...did you bring cookies...new riders of the handbasket are generally required to supply cookies... or Loki...got any Loki?

:aok:

Stolenhalo6
03-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I personally would find a rouge in a teddy entertaining for many nights to come.

Welcome! Hope you don't scare easy ;D

Gemdrite
03-23-2010, 12:25 AM
I personally would find a rogue in a teddy entertaining for many nights to come.

Welcome! Hope you don't scare easy ;D
Fixed for you dear! And welcome Theo! Fresh blood is always welcome! :thinking: Now what shall we do with you....

Stolenhalo6
03-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Fixed for you dear! And welcome Theo! Fresh blood is always welcome! :thinking: Now what shall we do with you....

Thanks! Spelling will one day be my downfall.

Gemdrite
03-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks! Spelling will one day be my downfall.
Hehe, specially if the rogues catch you calling them ladies' make-up, lol.

Stolenhalo6
03-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Hehe, specially if the rogues catch you calling them ladies' make-up, lol.
I don't know, getting punished by a rogue might not be sooo bad. ::whistle::

Theophilous
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Thank you dear ladies for your welcome. I would like to respond to each of you in turn.

To Thistle: Thank you for the suggestion of coming here. I can tell you and the others here that my roguish behavior is (generally) confined to those that welcome it.

To Littlekitty381, Isabelle Fawkes, and Lady Anne: Thank you for the welcome. I will try to be as entertaining as well as entertained here. And as for being enlightened, don’t you think we could have more fun in the dark?

To Torra : I didn’t think that the wenches here would settle for half filled cups. In fact most of the wenches I know have their… um… cups filled to over flowing. A delightful prospect to consider actually.

To Margret: Of course you may call me Theo, if I can also call you Maggie.

To Isabelle Warwicke: You can call me Theo as well. And as for where to keep my hands, do you have any suggestions? ( I’ve an idea or two of my own)

To Katheryn Blakeley; Thank you for the welcome. There is something about redheads I like, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. At least most of them won’t let me.

To Lady Hefron: As for keeping my hands to myself, I am more than willing to share. But my hands do not “wander”. They seem to have a definite goal in mind. As for a treat, is that what I would get if I am good? And what do I get if I am bad? And will you wear the boots while delivering it? (evil grin) I would also like to discuss the other ways in which you may be cat like.

To Phoenix McHeit: Thank you on the compliment for my writing style. Now that I am in the handbasket, where the hell are we going? I see you have a weight loss ticker on your message. Judging from your photo, if you have five pounds on your body that are not well placed, I’d like to spend about two weeks looking for them.

To MaidenFaeSnow: Thank you for your welcome. I couldn’t help but notice you seemed to have a pirate attached to your nose in your photo. I can recommend an ointment that might take care of that for you.

To Thistle: Well girls frequently take a teddy bear to bed with them. And I can cuddle with the best of them. And a wench with a teddy is entertaining in other ways too.

To BryanPopp: But you wouldn’t want me COMPLETELY naked would you?

To Mistress Morigianna: As I recall, Tim Curry didn’t pull off the teddy. He managed to work around it. You and I seem to have similar sayings. Yours “Better to have loved and lost than to be stuck with an asshat forever….” Mine, “It is better to have flunked your Wassermann, than never to have loved at all.”

To Renren: You may call me whatever you wish. And your call would all the more welcome accompanied by a backrub to be given and received. And if you like my backrubs, you REALLY should try my front rubs.

To Ravin’ Raven: Did I bring nookies? Why yes I… oh… cookies. Pastries and not pasties. Darn… Just What was I thinking? I got some double stuffed oreos and a couple of mackaroons. Did you bring the milk?

To StolenHalo6: This rouge would welcome those many nights of entertainment. Group rates are available upon request. As for scareing easily, I remember what my Grandma used to say. “sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.” Grandma was quite the character. You did say scareing and not scaring right?

To Gemdrite: Fixed!!! But I’m not broken! A little twisted perhaps. My dog got fixed once, and he never licked the same again.

To StolenHalo6: You know President Andrew Jackson once said, “It is a poorly educated man that only knows one way to spell a word.”

To StolenHalo6: Punished by a rogue? Let’s talk, your dungeon or mine?

Margaret
04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
To Margret: Of course you may call me Theo, if I can also call you Maggie.

Aye, indeed. I answer to Margaret, Maggie, Mags or Hey You Pernicious Harpy!!! However - Maggie or Mags will do just fine. :aok:

Kathryn Blakeley
04-01-2010, 07:37 PM
To Katheryn Blakeley; Thank you for the welcome. There is something about redheads I like, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. At least most of them won’t let me.

I'm sorry to say that I'm not a redhead! I'm blonde. It's just the way I messed around with the photo so that my roots weren't too horrible! :P I'm sorry for the confusion!

Phoenix McHeit
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok ... Theo...?

You.

Are.

Adorable.

::clappin:

BryanPopp
04-01-2010, 10:56 PM
To BryanPopp: But you wouldn’t want me COMPLETELY naked would you?

Great there goes goes dinner. :snicker:
Welcome.

Lady Laurie
04-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, welcome to the boards, Theo. : )

Stolenhalo6
04-03-2010, 12:01 AM
“sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.”

You know President Andrew Jackson once said, “It is a poorly educated man that only knows one way to spell a word.”

To StolenHalo6: Punished by a rogue? Let’s talk, your dungeon or mine?

I'm stealing both of those quotes. Thanks! And it will have to be your dungeon. Mine's full to capacity. Those darn boys just don't want to leave. :haloslip:

RedFox
04-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Seems we have another sweet talking, devilish rouge to add to the fray. Welcome to the basket Theo - I hear you didn't bring sweets but you're welcome to have a nibble or two of mine.

renren
04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok ... Theo...?

You.

Are.

Adorable.

::clappin:
I'll second that!

Madame Deanna
04-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Welcome!