PDA

View Full Version : Even Christ isn't safe

RedFox
05-07-2010, 07:14 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37015837/ns/us_news-weird_news/

I'm certainly amused by the name - but regardless of that the woman HIT a man while he crossing a marked crosswalk... shouldn't that be more then just a citation?

Lord Jesus Christ (his real name) hit by car
Victim, injured in crosswalk, is treated in hospital for minor facial injuries

updated 11:08 a.m. ET, Fri., May 7, 2010
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. - The victim might have forgiven the woman who ran him down in a Massachusetts crosswalk, but police haven't.

Police say a Pittsfield woman has been cited for running down a man named Lord Jesus Christ as he crossed a street in Northampton on Tuesday.

The 50-year-old man is from Belchertown. Officers checked his ID and discovered that, indeed, his legal name is Lord Jesus Christ. He was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor facial injuries and later released, according to the local paper, The Republican.

Christ was in a marked crosswalk at the time of the accident, Capt. Scott Savino told the paper.

Police say 20-year-old Brittany Cantarella was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.

Lady Hefron
05-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Wow, ummmm...don't you go to hell for that?

Isabelle Warwicke
05-08-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm sure he forgave her.

Ysobelle
05-08-2010, 02:14 AM
"He wanted to go to hell, and he didn't want to wait in line."

Eddie Murphy, I think. He was talking about the guy who shot the Pope, but I think it applies here as well.

LdyJhawk
05-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Wow, ummmm...don't you go to hell for that?

Nope. Christ himself (the bible one, not the article one) states that any man who denies or blasphemes the son of God can be forgiven, anyone who blasphemes the holy spirit will not.

So this guy is totally in the clear with his fanboy name tactic.

Lady Hefron
05-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Nope. Christ himself (the bible one, not the article one) states that any man who denies or blasphemes the son of God can be forgiven, anyone who blasphemes the holy spirit will not.

So this guy is totally in the clear with his fanboy name tactic.

giggle I was talking about the person who hit him. What do you say when you go home "Hey kids, guess what I did today, I hit Lord Jesus Christ". :snicker: can't stop giggling.

Lady Sarah
05-08-2010, 04:57 PM
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. - The victim might have forgiven the woman who ran him down in a Massachusetts crosswalk, but police haven't.

Police say a Pittsfield woman has been cited for running down a man named Lord Jesus Christ as he crossed a street in Northampton on Tuesday.

The 50-year-old man is from Belchertown. Officers checked his ID and discovered that, indeed, his legal name is Lord Jesus Christ.

Hitting an old man in a crosswalk is worth only 5 points in the Vehicular Polo. The targets are limited on their movements due to the pedestrian laws and old people can't move as fast as kids. However, she does get Bonus Points for nailing Christ. :snicker:

Azura
05-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Ten bucks says that guy has a wicked awesome beard.

Alchemist23
05-09-2010, 02:30 AM
My mom got hit in a crosswalk and the cop was going to cite HER for Jaywalking...seriously. The lady who hit her left (who does that?).

I mean, granted...my mom isn't The Lord Jesus Christ....

Vixynne Rose
05-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Cops oughtta throw the Good Book at her for smiting Lord Jesus Christ. :shame:

That's what happens when you're a speed demon. ::laughingdevil:: Maybe she needs an exorcism... :unamused:

The 6th Rogue
05-10-2010, 11:17 AM
"...but daaaad! I'm Jesus Christ!" - Bill Cosby.

Oh and for good measure: Belchertown

Gas must be really cheap there.