PDA

View Full Version : Try to remain calm...

Roberto Phoenix
05-18-2010, 12:42 AM
This was over at Irish Central.com.
Robert Pattinson to take on X-rated role

It seems the lusted after “Twilight (http://www.irishcentral.com/topics?topic=The+Twilight+Saga)” star is looking to play the role of record label A&R man Steven Stelfox.
Pattinson’s craved role would see him play a character, not unlike Patrick Bateman from “American Psycho”, sleeping with scores of prostitutes, taking copious amounts of drugs and getting away with horrific murders.
The book which is supposedly one of Pattinson’s favorites was written by former record label A&R man John Niven.
A source told the Sun that “Rob is a huge fan of the novel.
"He is fascinated by the music industry and is keen to get involved in the project.
"He's already approached producers telling them he wants to play the leading man.
"If he gets the role it would be the darkest part he's ever played.
"It's an incredibly adult character and is bound to shock the tweens who account for such a huge part of Rob's fan base."
Though the film is now gaining momentum and investors are looking at it Pattinson is going to have to lobby hard for his desired role. The author, John Niven, confessed that he does not know who Pattinson is.

Lady Sarah
05-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Whoopdie-fricken'-do.

SpeedKnight
05-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Only one thing comes to mind......

"DO A FLIP YOU SPARKLEY BITCH!!!!!!!"

Margaret
05-18-2010, 08:26 AM
*snort*

Poor little shiney boy needs to lobby for a role like that. Unlike when Daniel Radcliffe did Equus - they came looking for him.

See, I think Daniel can actaully act. Cedwad - not so much.

Phoenix McHeit
05-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Which is why Eqqus is a multi-run play, whereas this is "CUT! No, no, do it again!" movie magic.

Le sigh (in boredom). ::sleepy::

The 6th Rogue
05-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Let me get this straight...

You don't drink blood.
You sparkle in sunlight.
You're all angsty and you live in the woods?

Dude, you're not a vampire; you're a fairy!

Margaret
05-18-2010, 10:40 AM
The first time I saw that statement, I nearly pissed myself laughing. :-D

Phoenix McHeit
05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Let me get this straight...

You don't drink blood.
You sparkle in sunlight.
You're all angsty and you live in the woods?

Dude, you're not a vampire; you're a fairy!

Don't forget 'you actually like humans' and it's 'pixie'. Has a bit of extra oomph to it.

You're welcome. ;-)

gracie
05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
ROTFL yes! Pixie, that is the word I had been looking for!

As an aside, he already tried a role that required *actual* acting in The Haunted Airman, also known by it's less publicized title - 90 Minutes of My Life I'll Never Get Back.

I had to look it up to make sure it was him after I watched it because I think it was filmed before he got all Twilight-y.

The 6th Rogue
05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Don't forget 'you actually like humans' and it's 'pixie'. Has a bit of extra oomph to it.

You're welcome. ;-)

LOL! I couldn't remember it perfectly on the fly and also I couldn't remember the source...and a prettier source I can't think of at the moment. ;)

Phoenix McHeit
05-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Pssssh... flatterer.

Thank you. ::smoochy:

Ysobelle
05-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Aw. See, I liked him in Harry Potter. And I don't like the Twilight juggernaut, but the guy himself? More power to him. I'm not gonna hate him cos he plays a really whacked character.

Phoenix McHeit
05-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I thought he was stiff in Potter, too 'I'm a pretty boy, yes I am' with the jaw-thrust-thing.

If I disliked an actor simply because of weird characters, I'd loathe Johnny Depp, which I don't. I dislike Pattinson's acting ability, such as it is.

ShadowHawke
05-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Hate to say... I'm kinda glad they oft :rip: his character in the Potter stories otherwise I would probably not be following J.K.R's work as closely. I think part of the reason the character came off as a git was the actor's acting ability or LACK there of.

- ShadowHawke -

Lady Sarah
05-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I didn't care one way or another for Cedric. He was a plot device in the Harry and Cho storyline, as well as the Wizard's Cup storyline and the Harry vs. Moldywart storyline. He wasn't anything more than that and meh, when he was killed in the book, it was just another tie off of the plot device.

I don't see where he's that swoon-worthy. Yeah, he's good looking, but nothing I'd throw my panties at him for. I've seen grown women (read: Older than me by a good 10-20 years) get downright hysterical when they see pictures of him. Teenagers and younger adults (those just out of puberty and the teen years), I take with a grain of salt because, hell, it's almost expected of them to screech and wail over Pattinson.

He's a boy, not a man. I'll take a man any day of the week, thank you.

He was also in some movie about an artist... uhm, a Spanish artist. I see it all the time at work when straightening shelves, but I can't remember the name of it. I call it "The movie where he's got two black worms on his upper lip that's supposed to pass for a mustache" and he's got the same dufus expression in the picture on the jacket that he wears through most of Twilight.

And yes, I broke down after New Moon came out and rented both movies, got through them in one night, STILL can't see what the big fricken' deal is. I still say gimme Mr. Lautner for the hot bod department.

Margaret
05-18-2010, 05:40 PM
I still say gimme Mr. Lautner for the hot bod department.

See - he doesn't do it for me either. I just look at him and think "Sharkboy"

Lady Sarah
05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
See - he doesn't do it for me either. I just look at him and think "Sharkboy"

And this is why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream. :-D

Phoenix McHeit
05-18-2010, 06:10 PM
I could just chew me up some Ian Somerhalder

Yes, I admit it - the boys are hooked on The Vampire Diaries and I swoon over Mister Damon.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm206608896/nm0813812

Come to mama

lady Amalthea
05-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I could just chew me up some Ian Somerhalder

Yes, I admit it - the boys are hooked on The Vampire Diaries and I swoon over Mister Damon.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm206608896/nm0813812

Come to mama

mmmm.....Damon!:lick: he can bite me any day!

Lis Elfwench
05-18-2010, 07:24 PM
I've never found him attractive in any way. When I heard they cast him in Harry Potter as the 'pretty boy' I was shocked. Him? Pretty? Ick. And he doesn't look any better pasty white and covered in glitter! This whole issue could be redeemed if I liked his acting (I've fallen hard for unattractive men before)...but no. At this point, if he's cast as the lead in any film, I'll be running the other way to avoid it.

Gemdrite
05-18-2010, 11:20 PM
See, I love the Twilight books and I like the movies, but Pattinson is NOT Edward. So many choices they could have picked, and they picked him? Not sold on Kristen Stewart as Bella either. But I love Taylor Lautner as Jacob. Most of the rest of casting is pretty good, actually, in my opinion. I'm a Jasper girl anyways, so I just kind of ignore Pattinson.