PDA

View Full Version : Hello....

mehlen
05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone. Not really sure what to write....so here's the bio I put in for my school classes where we answer a bunch of questions...

My name is Mary. I was born in California, and was adopted at birth. My family later moved to Indiana when I was 3, and when I was eight, we moved to Texas. Iíve been here ever since then.

Over the years, I've traveled to all but 3 states, as well as having traveled to Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, and several other sites. As much as I enjoy travel...I'm really happiest at home.

I am married, with five children and eight grandchildren. I was very privileged to be present, and assist with the birth, of three of the grandchildren. My husband and I are raising one of the 8 year olds. The granddaughter we're raising is special needs, with Aspergers Syndrome (with Autistic tendencies), reactive attachment disorder, PDD, and a lot of other alphabet soup.

Iím a very diverse individual, with experience in accounting, database management, computer programming, systems analysis, mid-wifery, and herbal medicines. I enjoy gardening, role-playing games, renaissance faires, and genealogy. I am a shopkeeper at several ren-faires.

As part of my genealogy interests, I was very blessed to be able to find my birth mother back in 1997. She and I shared a wonderful relationship up until the time she died a few years ago. She died of ovarian cancer several years ago, and had I not met her, I would not have found my cancer in time to save my life. The children my biological mom raised had never learned much about her side of the family, and at Momís funeral, I was able to share information on her childhood, family and heritage, that they had never heard about.

I've been attending Ren faires for 30 years...and working them for 29. Four years ago, my husband and I opened our own shop (Estelril Enterprises) using the family recipes of "All Natural Herbal Smelly Good Stuff." I could give a shameless plug...but I'll reserve that for anyone that asks.

So anyways...that's me. Glad to be on board.

Kyrera
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi!! Welcome!

mehlen
05-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Thank you.

Kathryn Blakeley
05-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the fun!!! :hi:

MillieWylde
05-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Welcome, and well come! I would love to learn a bit of your herbal lore - having an interest in that area myself... *giggle* (...awww, who am I kidding? I had 6 herbs planted in my garden before any veggies made it in there! *rotfl*)

Glad to have ya!!

Torra
05-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the boards!

MaidenFaeSnow
05-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Welcome! I've been to your shop at Scarby. Good to "see" you here!

Buxom Wench
05-26-2010, 08:44 AM
*grins*

Enjoy all our mischief, mayhem & merriment.

Oh wait! You already know about that.

*giggles*

Kae
05-26-2010, 09:53 AM
What Bux said. Glad to see you on the boards. :-)
Kae