PDA

View Full Version : What is better after a loong weekend at faire?

Mistress Morigianna
06-01-2010, 02:45 AM
I just came back from doing and event all weekend and I was talking to a few people and we were discussing the best thing after the weekend...

1. the first flush toliet you use?
2. the first hot shower/hair wash?
3. the first meal off site (usually at a resturant on the way home)
4. something else?

Phoenix McHeit
06-01-2010, 09:03 AM
We have flushies on site, so mine would have to be the shower. PARF Dirt (tm) has more staying power than super glue and RIT dye mixed together. sheesh.

ShadowHawke
06-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Comfy SOFT slippers, cause by the end my boots have ruined my feet, then a trip to the loo and the shower and lastly FOOD...and drink in copious amounts. Then sleep....soft bed, back seat of van, floor, picket fence, all good ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

- ShadowHawke -

Thistle
06-01-2010, 02:54 PM
11 out of 12 voters agree! LOL Showers FTW!

MillieWylde
06-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Irritatingly enough, the best thing in my world is the first layer of Aloe Vera on my sunburn!! No matter how hard I try, I always end up either 1) missing a spot (my back, this past weekend - new dress, lower back than I thought it had, and I completely forgot to get the sunscreen on it!) or 2) forgetting to bring the sunscreen for reapplication. Occasionally I forget the sunscreen entirely. ::devilmaycry:: <---that's about how red I get.....

Kyrera
06-01-2010, 10:35 PM
No matter what I do I always get dirt everywhere- I'm like Pig Pen.

And I have to thank Scarby and the rainy day that joined forces during my trip to Texas in april because I brought about 10 inches of mud into their house (which was ok, because they did too)

Mmmmm warm shower...

Roberto Phoenix
06-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Since I'm not involved in any performances or booths at MNRF its usually Mall of America, in garb/kilt-Hooters or Rainforest for a good cold beer and a good meal. Then its off to find a good irish pub. Usually O'Gara's. Speaking of which will anybody be at Old World in Twig, MN in 2 weeks?

Adriana Rose
06-02-2010, 12:30 AM
A hot shower and a real bed makes me a happy wench

Stolenhalo6
06-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Since I'm not involved in any performances or booths at MNRF its usually Mall of America, in garb/kilt-Hooters or Rainforest for a good cold beer and a good meal. Then its off to find a good irish pub. Usually O'Gara's. Speaking of which will anybody be at Old World in Twig, MN in 2 weeks?

I'm hoping to be there, it would be my first time, but I'm also traveling over into WI on the 19th for the Chippewa Valley festival...so I'm not sure at this point how much money I want to spend on traveling... Can I PM you if I decide to go? I'd love to meet more people from here on the boards!

Roberto Phoenix
06-03-2010, 07:25 PM
No problem. I'll probably be there both days. Tall chap in a kilt. McDonald tartan for one day. Irish heritage or black for the next if the black one comes in in time. I use my Rogues pin for the kilt if that's any help. I would post a pic or avatar but my wife seems to only like taking pictures of the grandkids.

vIXEN
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
A lot of us usually meet up after faire and decide where we're going to eat. Then home to a nice shower or maybe a stiff drink before the shower.:wink:

Selena
06-04-2010, 12:13 PM
A shower and my comfy bed.

Kathryn Blakeley
06-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Definitely going with long hot shower. Though I am usually half asleep by this point and sitting in the shower rather than standing and not doing much other than just relaxing.

Triskel
06-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice hot shower and a cuddle always makes me feel tons better. That and tending to my wounds from the sharp shineys. :wink: